HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Every Dog has it's Day

Old
11-13-2008, 09:37 PM
BigBadZ33*

vCash: 500
It was well known that Laraque isn't an enforcer. He's strictly a fighter, a great one at that, however a very boring huggy type fighter.

BigBadZ33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JrHockeyFan

I think blaming Price makes no sense at all. that was a pretty collective effort by Mtl not to play a sustained game

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Here's my book on Price. Pass the puck to one side and pass it back immediatly and you not only get a scoring chance you get an empty net.
Here's my book on Price....shoot the puck near to make him play it (he can't resist), it's either geting shot over the boards, passed to an opposing player or it's a penalty for handling the puck outside the zone.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewGuy

Sometimes you just need to grin and bear it. Unfortunately tonight is one of those nights.

NewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NewHabsEra*

The vets are to blame tonight.. We were obviously too soft for the Bruins tonight.. Nothing more to say, soft.. SOFT!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
loudi94
Master of my Domain

The problem with Kovalev is the same problem he's had with other teams. When he is not the "go to" guy his play is ineffective. Last year this was his team. With a team as balanced as Montreal, he doesn't get the control he had. It happened in New York and Pittsburgh. If I recall he even said as much when he was dealt from the Rangers.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:38 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Here's my book on Price. Pass the puck to one side and pass it back immediatly and you not only get a scoring chance you get an empty net.
If you get two cross crease passes consecutively, the goalie is not to blame.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
You're kidding right? That means you've been watching for what, a year? The 2001-2002 season was dominated by games like these.
I've been watching since 2000-2001, and at least, back then, we had the excuse to have a crappy team.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
snakeye

Man you really gotta wonder. Hat trick Higgins, shutout Price, followed by this cluster fcku? Why? How?

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:39 PM
happyhab*

seriousely people I'm pissed as hell but...The Bruins have been waiting for this since before Last year, imagine how much effort you would put in if you had been dominated like this forever....

happyhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
redmachine54

Pretty bad play overall tonight. Komisarek was absolutely dreadful, and Markov's nonchalant play was aggravating to say the least.

All in all, it was a shameful display. I haven't seen players care so little since Malakhov wore the CH.

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habfan4

Plus:
Koivu - Who actually looked like he gave a **** and was desperately alone in that regard.
Komisarek - Not for the game he played but for finally dropping the mitts with Lucic. Perhaps now the "he's a coward" simpletons will shut up.

Minus:
Carbo's decision to hang Price out to dry.
The team's effort.
Laraque - In a game like that Thornton doesn't get to decline an invitation, he either accepts or you tell him you're going to feed one of his teammates as many lefts as you can before he turtles or goes down.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kirk Muller

The most disappointing part of this is that its the follow up of one of Montreals best games of the year. Poor games and blowouts happen but right after that type of win makes you wonder.

I was willing to wait til the 20 game mark on the decision of the supposed top line from last year but Kostitsyn needs to get away from Kovalev and Plekanec. Everything that made the line successful last year is being trumped by selfish play by those two. The quick give and go passes have been forgotten and replaced by solo efforts and trying to beat 5 guys.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
shingo

God damnit, when will they learn that supperior talent and skill mean nothing when you don't work hard.

shingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
What Carbo did to Price tonight is very very very uncool.
I'm hoping Gainey does something to Carbo. They have played one good game this year. Either they have poor leadership or have given up on the coach. It seems the coach gave up, Carbo never calls time outs? Is there a cup for least timeouts called during a season?

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:40 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
It's not overeacting... I've honestly never saw an NHL team play so bad in my whole like... NEVER.

That is over-reacting. Frankly it doesn't even come close to the worst habs games I have seen let alone ALL NHL clubs

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I've been saying it for a while now, this guy is a sorry excuse for a coach and needs to go.This team is just digusting to watch, I was at the game in Montreal tuesday night and I thought FINALLY they woke up and they'd start to play 60 minutes like they did last year. Apparently we are too talented to play hard, ****ing bunch of fairies.

I'm calling out Kovalev, where is the Kovalev that took his team on his back and won games by himself? Floated around like a ****ing pansie.
congratulations on the hat trick.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Carey Chant

Well I guess the Bruins fans will pop the champagne now. Guys can't come up with their own song so they have to sing ours....ahh well, I hope the Habs learn some more from this because I would like them to start a new streak when the come into our house.

Thought it couldn't get any worse losing to the laughs, then this zero effort. And what's with the parade to the penalty box? Talk about killing any momentum. Back to back to back penalties can kill any team and we seem to get them more frequently now. Never have I seen a Habs team (even in the bad years) take this many penalties at the worst time possible. You just kill one and give them another shot...again and again.

Carey Chant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Man you really gotta wonder. Hat trick Higgins, shutout Price, followed by this cluster fcku? Why? How?
When Higgins has a good game I pretty much expect him to dissapear for a few after that, 3 goals in a game; you just know that means he won't be able to burry 1 of his 50 chances a game for a while.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Riverside Habs Fan

Send a message via AIM to Riverside Habs Fan Send a message via MSN to Riverside Habs Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeye View Post
Blame the Vets for this.

They need to keep everyone on the same page and keep a level head after a big win.

Riverside Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:41 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

No doubt Price was horrible. I don't blame Carbo for keeping him in. Price helped create his own mess, no need to send Halak to clean it up.

The rest of the team was brutal too, but make a couple of big saves and we're still in it. That's his job. Remember last year the guy who told his teammates "why don't we try playing in their end for a while?" He needs to show up more often than not.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I'm confused...how the hell did we end the game with only 2 giveaways?

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HH
GO HABS GO!

Can we not talk about this game. I feel like a Bruins fan now...ugh

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DougHarvey

P.S.: Hope Komi isn't injured 'cause we haven't seen him after the fight...[/QUOTE]

I think he sat out because of embarrasing season capped off by the pounding he took

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:42 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Plus:
Koivu - Who actually looked like he gave a **** and was desperately alone in that regard.
Komisarek - Not for the game he played but for finally dropping the mitts with Lucic. Perhaps now the "he's a coward" simpletons will shut up.

Minus:
Carbo's decision to hang Price out to dry.
The team's effort.
Laraque - In a game like that Thornton doesn't get to decline an invitation, he either accepts or you tell him you're going to feed one of his teammates as many lefts as you can before he turtles or goes down.
I wonder if Carbo figured that the welcome he'd recive on his way to the bench might do more damage than good. otoh, the rest of the team had to stay out there for 60 minutes even though they stunk, why not Price ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote