HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Every Dog has it's Day

Old
11-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 And Counting View Post
We didn't touch the puck.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JrHockeyFan

vCash: 500
Price screwed up on that penalty. He allowed a bad rebound on that 4th goal(?). Other than that he was on his own.

If the goalie doesn't bail out the entire team he is absolutely awful?

Anyway too many drama queens going way over the top with comments tonite. Lousy team effort for sure, but there are some really stupid comments being made.

Quite frankly the combination was that we played very poorly and Boston worked almost the whole game. Ripping individuals in this game just ain't gonna cut it

Good nite

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Do that on any goalie in the league, you'll score more often than not. The defence can't let those passes happen. Lateral movement is a big part of the game, one-timers are tough on goalies because they have to get from one side of the net to the other in a hurry.. now you're going to blame him for not getting to one side, to the other and then back? That's a lot of weight displacement, stops and push offs in the time it takes passes to go across the ice and a quick accurate NHL shot to be made. You have to cheat and know there will be those passes in order to be ahead of the game, but in the NHL you suspect your defence will be at least good enough to make the other team hesitant or block or at least deflect the pass.
I disagree. When Price is compromised on a lateral movement he does not recover. Just pay attention to this it's amazing.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

I never thought im gonna say this but i wish Begin was in the line up tonight.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:51 PM
zx81

Quote:
Look, I'm not saying he wasn't bad, because he wasn't good. But no one showed up, so why leave him in? He's not getting any help. The last person you want on your team to lose confidence is your goaltender.
I fully agree with that.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:52 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I disagree. When Price is compromised on a lateral movement he does not recover. Just pay attention to this it's amazing.
I know I say some completely irrational things about Carbonneau. But bottom line is, no goalie should have to make three lateral movements to chase the puck, where the puck is in the most dangerous zone of the ice, the slot. The defence has to block this.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
AH

06-07 Habs are back, and so is that season's Carbonneau.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
la25ecoupe

Time to pop in the DVDs

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MTL-rules

Question? How much are you willing to pay Komisarek next year?

He's been awfull all season long so far... he commits at least one horrible turnover a game and if Markov decides not to play, he's useless...

I mean, from what I've seen from him to date this year, he isn't even worth 4mil a year...

P.S. I'm happy he got his ass handed to him tonight... now people around the league might stop overrating him so much...

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
06-07 Habs are back, and so is that season's Carbonneau.
carbos always been the same, worst coach in the NHL

imagin our team still being coached by julien, god damn it

julien essentialy got fired for starting huet 3 times in a row, then when he got fired, gainey put theo to start, and damn it, look what happened after that

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Carbo said that Komisarek might be injured...

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
la25ecoupe

Komi is injured!!

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GBurr60

the hard truth is this is not a cup team. as awesome as it would be to win in the 100th year and all that, this team will not win the stanley cup as much as it pains me to say. you cant be inconsistant and go all the way, this team might not even make the playoffs, yeah its nov so theres time to turn around, but theres also enough time to let it slip away. koivu, higgins, sergei kost, markov georges, and komi are the only ones who wear their skates each night and want to play some hockey. the rest of them just decide some nights to paly and some not too. its sickening cause the talent and depth is ridiculous, but when the hearts not there, and it doesnt seem like its coming anytime soon, then we will we hoping this time next year we finally have a cup team.

GBurr60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:55 PM
Domenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
My Bruins obsessed girlfriend is really giving it to me on msn right now.
There is so much wrong with that statement, I don't even know where to start.

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
I know I say some completely irrational things about Carbonneau. But bottom line is, no goalie should have to make three lateral movements to chase the puck, where the puck is in the most dangerous zone of the ice, the slot. The defence has to block this.
Not been too impressed with Carbo either, but its a long season.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Why is Carbonneau doing a press conference? I'd be in that dressing room losing my **** all over the place.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:56 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Carbo said that Komisarek might be injured...
Apparently hurt a hand... Might explained why he had no grip on that fight.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:56 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

We got ***** pretty badly.

That's just what I gotta say.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Kavliary2000

Blowout loss versus a divisional rival......Laraques' reaction was unacceptable....

its the kind of game were a suspension for instigating would of be worthwhile...especially because of Komos dissapointing fight,,,

It seems like Laraques is the only guy still playing by the sacred "enforcer" code.

Kavliary2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:57 PM
kovaless

I don't have a problem with the other team scoring goals, even 6 in one game, *****, it will happen, but as long as it attributed too bad bounces, off posts, and injury or something like that.

But on one shift, the puck was was in our zone for like 2 minutes, just floating around. NOT ONE HABS player went to go skate hard after the loose puck.

I think the habs must of had at lease 30 turnovers. When they get the puck near their zone, they just dump it, and never actually skated hard to get it back.

Price was pretty bad. You know he was all messed up when he blocked a shot that hit his stomach and he had to actually look around for it cluelessly and still had no idea where it was.

Kovalev...Just wow, oh here comes the puck, it's about 2 feet from me and here comes 2 Bruins players ...should I just slap it down the ice and play safe..or...hey here's a great idea, let me get off the ice right cause I'm a little tired. You try turning it over 15 times and see how much energy you have!

Sorry this is a reality check here. Our first line really sucks. I mean really. Show up for 1 game out of 12.

People say the Habs are a really deep team?? We're one of the fastest teams in the league?? Please...what team are people watching
I've seen 2 games this season that proves that. The first against Toronto and the other against Ottawa.

Defensively, we can all agree the Habs are horrible. Offensively, the only line kicking in consistently is Koivu, Lang, and Higgins

I'm gonna say this, and people will flame me for it. We've been very very lucky thus far. I seriously don't know how we've won so many games. It makes no sense. We should be under .500 right now.

woohoo...we had a great comeback against the islanders....THE WORST TEAM in the league. Moral victory.

crap I'm really pissed now.

sorry, had to let that out

kovaless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:58 PM
kovalost27

This hurts me.

I was expecting the Canadiens to go 82-0-0, but its not going to happen.

Oh well, I guess its still possible for this year's Canadiens to lose.

Give me a break. Price doesn't suck, Carbonneau is NOT a bad coach, Kovalev doesn't suck, Komisarek doesn't suck and Georges Laraque is not the godfather of the Canadiens.

Its a team effort, and they flat out sucked tonight.

Saturday (hopefully, knock on wood), Canadiens will come out with their A game and we will be entertained.

Hopefully the moderators dont nab me for trolling. I know its against the rules to believe that even the best of teams are still entitled to lose.

kovalost27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

So you guys managed to only crack at the 14th game of the season, I though the *****ing would have come around the 8th-9th game.

The only problem that really bothers me is the one man forecheck when the other team is trying to trap us, it simply doesn't work. The D-men behind the net do not panic with one guy coming in because all they do is slide the puck across to the next d-man.

Why the fourth line got chances, because when they dumped the puck in, two men went in for the check. Also they were using shorter passes, not cross ice passes.

But other than that I wouldn't worry too much. Especially since theres 68 games left to play.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Question? How much are you willing to pay Komisarek next year?

He's been awfull all season long so far... he commits at least one horrible turnover a game and if Markov decides not to play, he's useless...

I mean, from what I've seen from him to date this year, he isn't even worth 4mil a year...

P.S. I'm happy he got his ass handed to him tonight... now people around the league might stop overrating him so much...
You're glad our top shot blocker, hit leader, and heart and soul player got his ass handed to him?? That's a new low.

Please hand in your HabsFan badge.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:59 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Why is Carbonneau doing a press conference? I'd be in that dressing room losing my **** all over the place.
Probably because he's outta **** from flipping out Saturday night.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:00 PM
m00ks

- Horrible game. They need to realize they must show up EVERY game or this kind of result will come back time and time again. Teams are ready for them and they can't sneak up on anyone anymore.

-I heard Brunet was saying Kovalev was meeting with medical personal on a game-to-game basis. Did I hear wrong? Anyweyz, the chemistry on that line seemed to have completely disappeared.

-Akost and Lats had a very strong game. Akost needs to be on the RW, he looks so natural on the right side.

-Komisarek is having a dirty dirty season. Love the shot blocking and all but his defensive game is just plain horrid. Lucic owning him was expected as he's a better fighter and that was rock bottom for him. You think we have a hole in our defense? Well its not helping that Komo's playing like ****.

-For all of you jumping on Laraque. He can't fight if no one wants to. I mean he's looking for it but no one wants to answer the bell. Him jumping guys = suspension. Enough with the finger pointing.

-I've never questioned Carbs until now. I understand he's pissed but when the team in front of your goalie is letting him out to dry, you get him out of there.

-As much as I hate Boston, they are legit. Good system, good discipline, opportunistic bunch. Don't want to say too much about thei fanbase or I'll get another infraction.

-Remember this game. They sure forgot about the Toronto one quick.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote