HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Tomas Vokoun

Old
11-13-2008, 05:35 PM
UBCsalmonslayer
@2Holmes2

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via AIM to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via MSN to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Yahoo to UBCsalmonslayer Send a message via Skype™ to UBCsalmonslayer
Tomas Vokoun

Update: Vokoun left Wednesday’s practice early because an unspecified injury, the Miami Herald reports.

Recommendation: Vokoun went to see a chiropractor, so that’s fair indication that it’s a back ailment — but there’s nothing official about that just yet. The writing is on the wall that this could be more than just a tweak. Craig Anderson has been named Friday’s starter and Tyler Plante has been recalled from the AHL.

Source: Yahoo Sports

I was wondering if any Panthers fans could post any updates regarding Vokoun's status. Thanks!

UBCsalmonslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 05:41 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Tyler was re-called before because he was being moved to the ECHL, but if there's no news on it besides for the "amazing" Yahoo then I don't think its anything more than a tweak.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 06:18 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Plante was recalled before last night's game, right? Vokoun was on the bench, so while his condition could've worsened since then, I think it's safe to say the two issues are mostly unrelated.

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:28 PM
sinDer

Nice

Let's see what ANdersson can do

and When Vokoun gets back, let's trade him for a top forward

sinDer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 08:50 PM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Vokoun and Bouw for Heatley?

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:15 PM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Some people...

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:20 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Back spasms are the apparent cause. He will hopefully be back next week.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:27 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post

StrangeVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 10:27 PM
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias4Prez View Post
That leaves a huge hole in goal-tending. Bouw for Heatley is much more reasonable: a No. 1 defenseman for a first line winger. In fact, I'd even argue that Bouw is worth more than that, because there are 6 defensemen per team, compared to 12 forwards. Also, let's not forget that Bouwmeester is a few years younger than Heatley is, and that defensemen are more durable than forwards are. That should be priced in, too.

jal2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 10:45 PM
truepantherfan55

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinDer View Post
Nice

Finally,, i found another fan that doesnt eat up the whole Vokoun cr@p. Trading him for a forward will be too far fetched, but .......um ....nevermind lets see when they finally kick out the dead weight, that dreads to put on that panther sweater...

truepantherfan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Mogo
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
For all who want to trade Vokoun. He has a NO TRADE CLAUSE

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 11:45 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
I know, I think its sad too.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 12:20 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
lol I promise you Vokoun would waive that in a second to get out of here and onto a team where he doesn't get shelled on every night.

PanthersRule96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 01:30 AM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
lol I promise you Vokoun would waive that in a second to get out of here and onto a team where he doesn't get shelled on every night.
And, where he isn't so underappreciated by the fans, as seems to be the trend.

Hey, maybe we should trade him for Conklin! I mean, he proved himself as a starter last year, right? AND he played a helluva lot more games than Anderson, too!!

Old
11-14-2008, 06:52 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
Originally Posted by truepantherfan55 View Post
Finally,, i found another fan that doesnt eat up the whole Vokoun cr@p. Trading him for a forward will be too far fetched, but .......um ....nevermind lets see when they finally kick out the dead weight, that dreads to put on that panther sweater...
Vokoun is dead weight? And when did he say he dreaded playing for this team?

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:00 AM
ratmanfu

Send a message via MSN to ratmanfu
Quote:
I don't get all the hate directed at Vokoun either. He's not perfect, but has anyone been watching how poorly this team plays in front of him?

IMO, trading him will create a gaping hole in net, unless we can somehow acquire a goaltender that can work in tandem with Andy.

I wonder if the hate will transfer back to Andy if he has a couple bad outings himself. I mean, he's just as human as Vokoun, and it's bound to happen eventually.

I find this all so reminiscent of the Luongo/Hurme and Luongo/McLennan drama whenever Louie was occasionally upstaged by his backups here.

ratmanfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:15 AM
Special K

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal2155 View Post
That leaves a huge hole in goal-tending. Bouw for Heatley is much more reasonable: a No. 1 defenseman for a first line winger. In fact, I'd even argue that Bouw is worth more than that, because there are 6 defensemen per team, compared to 12 forwards. Also, let's not forget that Bouwmeester is a few years younger than Heatley is, and that defensemen are more durable than forwards are. That should be priced in, too.
You are really digging for reasons why Jbos trade value is good, but you are forgetting about Heatleys contract (6 years left at 7.5 mill)

Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:12 AM
I May Be Wrong
I May Be The Stig

Send a message via MSN to I May Be Wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post
I don't get all the hate directed at Vokoun either. He's not perfect, but has anyone been watching how poorly this team plays in front of him?

IMO, trading him will create a gaping hole in net, unless we can somehow acquire a goaltender that can work in tandem with Andy.

I wonder if the hate will transfer back to Andy if he has a couple bad outings himself. I mean, he's just as human as Vokoun, and it's bound to happen eventually.

I find this all so reminiscent of the Luongo/Hurme and Luongo/McLennan drama whenever Louie was occasionally upstaged by his backups here.
I agree, some of the stuff people are saying is just retarded. Vokoun kills Anderson in talent, any day of the week, and no way Anderson plays 60+ games a year the way Vokoun can. How can people want to trade Vokoun after last season, when he faced the most shots on goal, more than any other goaltender in the league, and still had very respectable stats, and was an eastern conference all star. It's just ridiculous, Anderson is not the messiah. He's a good back up. But lets chill out here.

I May Be Wrong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:29 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepantherfan55 View Post
Dead weight? Dreads putting on the Panther sweater? What Vokoun crap? His stats and win history? How's that "crap?" That's reality. I love how Andy's doing and am fine with DeBoer riding that horse til it's winded, but your Vokoun-hate is laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Had a conversation with him lately PR96?

11-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Pukboy5kroner

Quote:

Hey, maybe we should trade him for Conklin! I mean, he proved himself as a starter last year, right? AND he played a helluva lot more games than Anderson, too!!

I like the point of your sarcasm StrangeVision. A team doesn't just go out and trade their #1 goaltender when the back up has a few good games.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 11:36 AM
jal2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmanfu View Post

If I'm not mistaken, people are mostly dissatisfied with his style, which is, admittedly, unorthodox. Still, if memory serves me right, I don't know many Czech goaltenders who adhere to the butterfly or standup style. Dominik Hasek and (for a few good seasons) Roman Cechmanek come to mind. During their primes both were incredibly effective.

Frankly, as long as Vokoun continues to put up great numbers (and we can't deny that he consistently has), he can stay. First I'll worry about getting the job done; then I'll worry about the rest. It's amazing how quickly people forget the miserable year in goal that we had in net with Auld.

jal2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
If I'm not mistaken, I thought his NTC was voided when he was traded before it activated. Something along the lines of since he was traded before it was activated with Nashville, it didn't apply to the new team? I may be way off, but for some reason I remember something like that.

Rattrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 01:29 PM
jglenn001

Send a message via AIM to jglenn001
Quote:
My thoughts exactly..

jglenn001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 01:33 PM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
If I'm not mistaken, I thought his NTC was voided when he was traded before it activated. Something along the lines of since he was traded before it was activated with Nashville, it didn't apply to the new team? I may be way off, but for some reason I remember something like that.
Nope. T-Vo was traded on draft day, and the no-trade clause on his contract didn't come into effect until July 1st, which of course he was already a member of the Panthers.

I don't see what the hell everyone's problem is with Vokoun. He went from being THE starting goaltender and POTENTIAL CAPTAIN (a LOT of us were saying that), to the scapegoat all because of Andy?

Man I knew Panther fans were fickle but this is getting to be ridiculous. He hasn't even been here for a season in a half. Get a hold of yourselves!!!!

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:14 PM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasitchy View Post
Nope. T-Vo was traded on draft day, and the no-trade clause on his contract didn't come into effect until July 1st, which of course he was already a member of the Panthers.

I don't see what the hell everyone's problem is with Vokoun. He went from being THE starting goaltender and POTENTIAL CAPTAIN (a LOT of us were saying that), to the scapegoat all because of Andy?

Man I knew Panther fans were fickle but this is getting to be ridiculous. He hasn't even been here for a season in a half. Get a hold of yourselves!!!!
The "what have you done for me lately" mentality seems to be running rampant, here. Unfortunately, it's a very, very severe case where it takes only a couple bad goals to make some forget the amazing year he had last year. It's ridiculous.