HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins-Habs rivalry thriving again...

Old
11-13-2008, 06:17 PM
suprez

vCash: 500
I also remember when we defeated the Bruins and we finished 8 and they finished 1.I don't know how to explain it.It's Pshychological.

It's like counter-strike.That guy you always defeat but he defeat who you can't defeat.Bruins will win at some point in regular season vs the habs . But i doubt it's happens today..

Anyway bruins are my seconds favorite team since the playoff last years.I come to respect them because they seem quite similiar to what we was 3-4 years ago.

I love reading the bruins board lol . I laugh each time i see them post some funky pic of a habs getting destroyed lol.It's a nice rivalry.

But i hate The toronto fans.I just can't stand them. They won 1 game vs us and suddently they believe they have an amazing team lol.

Hell St-Louis won vs Detroit last years.But at least the St-Louis fan know what they have .

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 07:00 PM
HF-Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Depahted View Post
The amount of bickering and trolling between our two teams is gawd-awful. We can argue all day about completely irrelevant details that support one side or the other, but there is never- and never will be- any progress made against the other side.

I say we leave it up to the players on the ice for the time being, 'eh?
We have more cups than you guys have fans at the Garden. That's not an irrelevant detail

HF-Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 11:42 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Ole....

I just read that, and throw up in my mouth a little. Funny how you relate certain items to bad experiences.

It's like how I have a sip of vodka, flash back to my 18th birthday, and instantly become nauseous.
Only three more oles and you can officially be called a Habs fan..

But then you'd have to change your username to sricher or sschutt or jbeliveau or something like that.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:30 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

Never been to Dublin..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
Great post Murph.

I remember being in Boston 2 years ago, on december 23rd (yeah the date on which we haven't won a single game since so many years), having a snack at The Fours before the game. There were these two old men in their late sixties quietly eating at a table next two us, one wearing a vintage B's jersey, the other a Habs one. It seemed like a ritual for them that's been going on for decades, and they were certainly not used to seeing as many Habs fans as they often turned to look at us (ok, we weren't that loud!). Even though I had been aware of the history between the two teams, it's seeing these old timers, these two friends that became adversaries for one more night, that made me grasp how old and epic the rivalry has been over the years.

When me and my friends came out of the pub and joined the many other Habs fans marching towards the Garden, I was disappointed at the lack of reaction to our "Go Habs Go" chants. The Bruins fans looked at us with a puzzled look, but without responding. One of them did yell "Well, look at this fu**er!" while pointing at me... That reaction might have been caused by me wearing both a Yankees jersey and a Habs toque. (I'm really a Red Sox fan, but in enemy territory, you gotta do what you gotta do!).

By the end of the game, which we lost 4-2, the Boston crowd had finally become alive. We were almost thrown out of the building! It would have been more fitting if the chants were "Go Bruins Go" instead of "USA, USA", but thats another story. I haven't been able to catch a hockey game in Boston since then, but every friend of mine who did told me that the animosity between both fanbases is still very present and passionate, even before the games.

By the way Murph, I've been living in Dublin for 2 months and I still haven't found a pub that A) Opens late enough and B) Shows hockey games...Any ideas?

Enjoy the game guys!
Wish I had. It's on the list! Thanks for seeing what I mean and dream of happening again!

By the way, the USA chant is the dumbest crap ever! Have they checked their own roster? I particularly enjoyed the Caarrreeeyyyy! I just don't get the damn Nationalism. It's like the idiots in Montreal who hear my accent and then go nuts on Bush! I agree he's a moron, but at least give me a chance before you come to the realization that I'm a close second!

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:44 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyscribe22 View Post
Wish I had. It's on the list! Thanks for seeing what I mean and dream of happening again!

By the way, the USA chant is the dumbest crap ever! Have they checked their own roster? I particularly enjoyed the Caarrreeeyyyy! I just don't get the damn Nationalism. It's like the idiots in Montreal who hear my accent and then go nuts on Bush! I agree he's a moron, but at least give me a chance before you come to the realization that I'm a close second!
Bah..don't worry buddy, only three more months!

Yes.We.Can...Yes.We.Can.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:52 AM
hockeyscribe22
HFB Partner

If only...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Bah..don't worry buddy, only three more months!

Yes.We.Can...Yes.We.Can.
Going to need a miracle for that! Love Obama but good luck! But honestly, what's everyone's take on the Habs tonight? Yikes. November 22 shall be fun! If they're not revved up for that, time to look it over eh?

hockeyscribe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 05:42 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
By the way Murph, I've been living in Dublin for 2 months and I still haven't found a pub that A) Opens late enough and B) Shows hockey games...Any ideas?
If you can get Channel 5 over in Dublin, the Habs Vs Detroit game is going to be shown. Not live, on tape delay starting about 1:30am Thursday morning. It ain't much but it's something.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote