HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Every Dog has it's Day

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-14-2008, 10:00 AM
  #351
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Lucic reminds me of Claude Lemieux. I'm not sure how to feel about that.
He's with us WE LOVE HIM, he's not, WE HATE HIM!

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:01 AM
  #352
goldglove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Even if every players were very bad yesterday. I blame Carbonneau for:

1.
Kovalev on the PK: 1:45
Kovalev on the PP : 0:41

2.

4th line WAY TO OFTEN ON THE ICE! 13 mins ??????????????

3.

The 4th line AFTER a commercial break ? WOW! the 4th line should've 55 mins of commercial break on the bench!

4.

Me: Yes my team just scored! 4-1
To my dad: i'm sure we come back and win this game!

wich line a see on THE NEXT FACE OFF! Lapiere Dandenault Laraque ! ARE YOU SERIOUS CARBONNEAU!

Julien outcoached Carbonneau yesterday!

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:04 AM
  #353
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Blah blah blah he taunted the entire team when he got up from that fight. He also ducked Laraque all night, as well as the last game.
I would seriously like to know....am I the only Habs fan who didn't see him taunting the Habs bench. Sure he was happy to have finally settle the feud they had together. An overwhelmed kid who at one point will need to have a little humility since he keeps pouding his opponents pretty bad so far and it will happen.

But taunting the bench Ribeiro's style or any style for that matter? Didn't see it. True that taunting or not, it could easily be taken this way and for his own sake, those kinds of gestures will have to be addressed.....if not by our team....by another team.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:05 AM
  #354
goldglove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I would seriously like to know....am I the only Habs fan who didn't see him taunting the Habs bench.
no you're not, he was playing with the fans all night long, that's it.

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:08 AM
  #355
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I would seriously like to know....am I the only Habs fan who didn't see him taunting the Habs bench. Sure he was happy to have finally settle the feud they had together. An overwhelmed kid who at one point will need to have a little humility since he keeps pouding his opponents pretty bad so far and it will happen.

But taunting the bench Ribeiro's style or any style for that matter? Didn't see it. True that taunting or not, it could easily be taken this way and for his own sake, those kinds of gestures will have to be addressed.....if not by our team....by another team.....
It's been this way for years, what do you want me to say? You act like Muhammad Ali after a fight, you're taunting the opposing team's bench. Doesn't matter if he looked at them or not, the Habs bench took exception. I can guarantee you.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:09 AM
  #356
goldglove
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
It's been this way for years, what do you want me to say? You act like Muhammad Ali after a fight, you're taunting the opposing team's bench. Doesn't matter if he looked at them or not, the Habs bench took it as taunting.
you mean the habs fans?

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:12 AM
  #357
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
It's been this way for years, what do you want me to say? You act like Muhammad Ali after a fight, you're taunting the opposing team's bench. Doesn't matter if he looked at them or not, the Habs bench took exception. I can guarantee you.
And who the hell in our bench will take exception.....the only guy capable of doing it is Laraque and chances are he'll ask for Lucic's permission to kick his ass instead of just doing it...

Since nobody can't go with Lucic, I would have hoped that the team would take "exception" by giving bodychecks in the 3rd, by running some people over....no instead they choose to die slowly.....

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:13 AM
  #358
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglove View Post
you mean the habs fans?
I must be mistaken in remembering all the times a player gloating like that that has kicked off a series of broo-ha-has.

I must also be mistaken in remembering guys like Probert foaming at the mouth while seeing a player strut around on the ice after a fight. He sat there applauding the other player, I'm sure, & never once took exception. Me and my revisionist history.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:16 AM
  #359
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,292
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And who the hell in our bench will take exception.....the only guy capable of doing it is Laraque and chances are he'll ask for Lucic's permission to kick his ass instead of just doing it...

Since nobody can't go with Lucic, I would have hoped that the team would take "exception" by giving bodychecks in the 3rd, by running some people over....no instead they choose to die slowly.....
Begin will break his back like he did to Savard.


Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:17 AM
  #360
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And who the hell in our bench will take exception.....the only guy capable of doing it is Laraque and chances are he'll ask for Lucic's permission to kick his ass instead of just doing it...
If that's how it plays out, so be it. The fact remains that Lucic ought to throw down with him.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:26 AM
  #361
Nightslyr
Registered User
 
Nightslyr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,546
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Then why the hell were you Bruins fans *****ing moaning like little girls that Komisarek should fight Lucic?

You guys must be real happy right now. Personally, I don't think this is a good time for Bruins fans to be coming on this board, no matter how civil you're being.

Your argument is terrible and reeking of hypocrisy by the way.
We wanted the Komisarek and Lucic fight because the two of them were clearly in each other's sights all last year and during the playoffs. It was logical because they built up a lot of obvious animosity with each other. It was an organic, natural fight, based on a year's worth of confrontation.

Let me put it another way: would you want Thornton to fight Komisarek? Probably not. Why? Because it would serve no point. It would be our 4th line tough guy vs. one of your important D-men, a trade you'd be crazy to make. Not only that, but there's no history between the two, no motivation beyond the fact that they're on rival teams. It'd be moronic.

This fight was our 1st line LW vs. one of your important D-men. A fair trade in terms of who gets taken off the ice. And there is/was history between the two, so there's real motivation for them to settle things. It shouldn't be hard to understand.

So, all this talk about Lucic 'ducking' BGL for the majority of the game is laughable for that very same reason. There was no reason for Lucic to engage him. None. There's no benefit for the Bruins whatsoever. Montreal would have the advantage because our 1st line would be gimped for five minutes. It's just not worth it in the larger scheme of things, especially when the game was still in reach.

Did Lucic taunt the Montreal bench? Hell, I'll grant you that one. It wasn't a nasty taunt - he was merely bellowing "Whoo!" after he won the fight - but I have no doubt that he was looking at the bench. And, I have no doubt that BGL will be looking for him. But, I don't anticipate Lucic fighting him unless the game is more or less decided, one way or the other. Because, again, keeping your team's best players on the ice during a divisional matchup is more important than satisfying the other team's need for revenge.

Quote:
Let's say Lucic was injured, & every Bruin wanted a piece of Komisarek for challenging a few Bruins to fights. Komisarek chooses to go with someone he knew he could beat, then taunts their bench. What would you be saying right now?
Except that's not what happened last night. At all.

The only person Lucic set his focus on was Komisarek. He didn't even bother with BGL, for the reasons I've stated. He didn't challenge anyone else to a fight. Hell, he didn't even take a free shot at Komisarek when it was obvious he was trying to goad Lucic into taking a penalty after a scrum at the Montreal net.

So, while that's a very well written false analogy, it doesn't reflect the reality of the situation.

Nightslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:31 AM
  #362
HotPie
Registered User
 
HotPie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr View Post
We wanted the Komisarek and Lucic fight because the two of them were clearly in each other's sights all last year and during the playoffs. It was logical because they built up a lot of obvious animosity with each other. It was an organic, natural fight, based on a year's worth of confrontation.

Let me put it another way: would you want Thornton to fight Komisarek? Probably not. Why? Because it would serve no point. It would be our 4th line tough guy vs. one of your important D-men, a trade you'd be crazy to make. Not only that, but there's no history between the two, no motivation beyond the fact that they're on rival teams. It'd be moronic.

This fight was our 1st line LW vs. one of your important D-men. A fair trade in terms of who gets taken off the ice. And there is/was history between the two, so there's real motivation for them to settle things. It shouldn't be hard to understand.

So, all this talk about Lucic 'ducking' BGL for the majority of the game is laughable for that very same reason. There was no reason for Lucic to engage him. None. There's no benefit for the Bruins whatsoever. Montreal would have the advantage because our 1st line would be gimped for five minutes. It's just not worth it in the larger scheme of things, especially when the game was still in reach.

Did Lucic taunt the Montreal bench? Hell, I'll grant you that one. It wasn't a nasty taunt - he was merely bellowing "Whoo!" after he won the fight - but I have no doubt that he was looking at the bench. And, I have no doubt that BGL will be looking for him. But, I don't anticipate Lucic fighting him unless the game is more or less decided, one way or the other. Because, again, keeping your team's best players on the ice during a divisional matchup is more important than satisfying the other team's need for revenge.

Except that's not what happened last night. At all.

The only person Lucic set his focus on was Komisarek. He didn't even bother with BGL, for the reasons I've stated. He didn't challenge anyone else to a fight. Hell, he didn't even take a free shot at Komisarek when it was obvious he was trying to goad Lucic into taking a penalty after a scrum at the Montreal net.

So, while that's a very well written false analogy, it doesn't reflect the reality of the situation.
No see, you don't understand. We don't want Komisarek to fight Lucic. We don't want him to fight Thornton. WE DON'T WANT HIM TO FIGHT PERIOD.

Then we have you Bruins fans coming, after complaining ALL SEASON, not just in the playoffs, not after "one year of bad blood brewing" but ALL SEASON LONG how Komisarek should answer the bell to his actions with Lucic, actually having the AUDACITY to claim that Lucic shouldn't fight Laraque because it would be pointless for your "first line LW" to take himself off the ice to fight a glorified goon.

Your argument is filled with so much hypocrisy it's almost sickening.

For the record, I don't think Lucic should fight Laraque either. But see, I'm not blatant hypocrite.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:34 AM
  #363
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,103
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr View Post
This fight was our 1st line LW vs. one of your important D-men. A fair trade in terms of who gets taken off the ice. And there is/was history between the two, so there's real motivation for them to settle things. It shouldn't be hard to understand.

So, all this talk about Lucic 'ducking' BGL for the majority of the game is laughable for that very same reason. There was no reason for Lucic to engage him. None. There's no benefit for the Bruins whatsoever. Montreal would have the advantage because our 1st line would be gimped for five minutes. It's just not worth it in the larger scheme of things, especially when the game was still in reach.

Did Lucic taunt the Montreal bench? Hell, I'll grant you that one. It wasn't a nasty taunt - he was merely bellowing "Whoo!" after he won the fight - but I have no doubt that he was looking at the bench. And, I have no doubt that BGL will be looking for him. But, I don't anticipate Lucic fighting him unless the game is more or less decided, one way or the other. Because, again, keeping your team's best players on the ice during a divisional matchup is more important than satisfying the other team's need for revenge.
But then most of the Bruins fans criticisms were about last year when Lucic WAS the 4th liner that you're saying it's not a fair trade if Komi would have went with Thornton. So this year, sure, fair trade. But last year, when most of the Bruins whining were, it wasn't. So Bruins fans should just acknowledge it but we know it won't happen, 'cause I guess they'll still think Lucic was also a 1st liner last year as well....which you know he wasn't.

As far as Lucic ducking BGL well he is. Clearly he's right to do so on a Bruisn point of view, and he's wrong to do it on a Habs point of view....Nothing new here.....but the fact is that he was ducking. Lucic hit one of our star players, Laraque went after him and he didn't want to go. Brillant from your point of view, not backing up his gestures from our point of view.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:36 AM
  #364
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightslyr View Post
This fight was our 1st line LW vs. one of your important D-men. A fair trade in terms of who gets taken off the ice. And there is/was history between the two, so there's real motivation for them to settle things. It shouldn't be hard to understand.
Jesus Christ. He wasn't your 1st line winger last season, so if you're going to argue a point, at least be relevant.

And as far as what's 'logical' for this or that player to do, don't even go there. Don't even go there.

Like I've said, it's incredibly simple. Lucic insulted our team & insulted our enforcer. Whether he chooses to play it smart in the next 4 games is up to him, but if you're such a vital cog to your team, you don't prance around as if you're the best fighter. You can't have it both ways.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:36 AM
  #365
zx81
Registered User
 
zx81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,445
vCash: 500
How do they count the giveaways ? With a random number generator ?

According to NHL.com:
Montreal : 2 giveaways
Boston : 5 giveaways

It has to be a joke.
Habs gave away the puck all game long.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:36 AM
  #366
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,207
vCash: 500
But Lucic will fight guys like Jared Boll and Ben Eager, so your argument does not fly.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:38 AM
  #367
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
There is no irony in what I'll say - 100% truth.

After the game, the dominant feeling I had was .... I felt sorry for the Bruins fans.


Why - because I felt miserable about my team and I suddenly realised that this is how they felt so many times last years....must have hurt.

So, no smiley here, let's think about this and realise that we are still blessed with our team.
So this is our own pathetic moral victory? Felling sorry for the team that anhialated us and who's ahead of us in the standings?

I feel so much better! Gosh...Bruins fans must be laughing their ***** off reading that stuff.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:42 AM
  #368
number 11
Registered User
 
number 11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,888
vCash: 500
Laraque will remember this one, just like he avenged for the thornton vs. begin fight. next time, Lucic doesn't get a talking to...he gets his ass pounded regardless of the instigator penalty.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:44 AM
  #369
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
Laraque will remember this one, just like he avenged for the thornton vs. begin fight. next time, Lucic doesn't get a talking to...he gets his ass pounded regardless of the instigator penalty.
Ha! In a dream world, maybe.

Big, fluffy marshmallow clouds. Marmalade rain. Jason Spezza's goofy face floating around like balloons & Laraque punishing Lucic, even if it's not within the rules.

This one is all up to Milan, & if he wants to man up to how he acted. Back it up, Lucy. Back it up.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:44 AM
  #370
BadKiwi
 
BadKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 563
vCash: 500
Bruins fans who attended to the game should be ashamed. Their team gave them a hell of a show, one of the best I can remember in recent memory. To top it off, they ended a losing streak without a fluke! Yet during the last 5 minutes it was dead silent. Their boys deserved a huge freakin' standing ovation!

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 11:00 AM
  #371
LyleOdelein
Registered User
 
LyleOdelein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Renfrew
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
I woke up this morning and the sky was still there. It was even blue.

I refrained from posting in this thread last night, because I was bitter about the hammering and would have posted some ranting, useless garbage. Now, I can offer a perspective that is somewhat logical.

The Habs played a terrible game last night. No doubt about it. The Bruins capitalized on it. It was one of those nights where everything goes wrong; defensive turnovers leading to goals, terrible passing disrupting the Habs offensive game, losing battles for pucks all over the ice, subpar goaltending, etc, etc, etc.

After getting a bit of a clear head on things, I've decided that at this point I would rather have the Habs get blown away last night, than have the score be close. If a team plays poorly, yet stays in the game, there's room for excuses. The scoreboard indicated the Habs' effort and execution of strategy last night quite clearly. When you get outscored, outmuscled and outplayed, it sends a message.

I have no doubt that this is a good team, even if it didn't show last night. Every player on the ice has to take accountability for what happened. There's not one player from last night's roster that can honestly say he did his job last night. It's Carbo's job now, to lead the reflection that follows from this kind of game and ensure that lessons are learned. We learn more from our failures than our successes, so hopefully this young team comes out of last night with some valuable lessons. When success comes as easily as it has so far in the Habs season, sometimes a humbling like this one is needed to drive away complacency.

LyleOdelein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 11:27 AM
  #372
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
He's with us WE LOVE HIM, he's not, WE HATE HIM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Globe's Kevin Paul DuPont, April 16, 1989
MONTREAL - So you don't like Claude Lemieux? Never did? Never could? Never would?

Well, he understands that. But the Canadiens' 23-year-old bad-boy right wing also doesn't believe it. Not fully. In fact, Lemieux thinks he could pull on a Bruins sweater, drop that same nearly grotesque scowl across his kisser, and you'd be calling him one of your own faster than an Exxon exec tiptoes by the front door of an EPA convention.

You don't have to like him, and probably shouldn't. But he's right, you probably would.

"It's the same wherever I go," said Lemieux, the Canadien everyone loves to hate. "Some cities it's worse . . . like Boston. But I also know that if I played for the Bruins, ...
Yep.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 11:41 AM
  #373
David
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,007
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
No. Sorry. That claim that these are the two most embarrassing losses in CH history is invalid. It's not justifiable by "cuz Carbs said Toronto was one of them". How many ex-coaches or ex-players have we gone against? Is that what makes it embarassing? Losing to former members of the organization?

Weak justifications of a weak argument stemming from an invalid claim.

Have a good night gramps. Don't loose sleep over tonight...


I did lose some sleep over this but thanks for your sentiments sonny.

Here's an article on Big Georges that says it better than I and something that you at least may not dismiss so easily as my posts.

http://habsinsideout.com/otherwing/j-t/10889


Last edited by David: 11-14-2008 at 11:49 AM.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 11:52 AM
  #374
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,947
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
Lucic reminds me of Claude Lemieux. I'm not sure how to feel about that.
Not even close. Lemieux was a better player, not nearly as good a fighter.

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 11:56 AM
  #375
bodybreak
We're Back!
 
bodybreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,259
vCash: 500
Was it just me, or were those the most jubilant celebrations ever put on by a team going up 1-0 and 2-0 in a game? It looked the the B's thought the cup was on the line last night!

bodybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.