HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Sewn On Lettering or Iron On (For Customizing Jerseys)

Old
11-14-2008, 02:51 PM
STARMAXX
Shi Shi Shawww

vCash: 500
Sewn On Lettering or Iron On (For Customizing Jerseys)

I'm going to get my Canucks jerseys customized and at a sport clothing store in St.John's and was wondering about the lettering.

I can get Iron on lettering for the name and number(on back on sleeves) for $20-$25.

But to get them sewn on is close on $50. I know that getting them sewn on would be the better choice.

I wanna know if anyone has any experience with either option and what they could tell me about it. Thanks

STARMAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNuCk#88 View Post
I'm going to get my Canucks jerseys customized and at a sport clothing store in St.John's and was wondering about the lettering.

I can get Iron on lettering for the name and number(on back on sleeves) for $20-$25.

But to get them sewn on is close on $50. I know that getting them sewn on would be the better choice.

I wanna know if anyone has any experience with either option and what they could tell me about it. Thanks
Spend a little extra now, get the sewn-on lettering and enjoy your jersey long term.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:06 PM
densetsu

Sewn-on names and numbers look much better and last longer.

If this is a cheap practice jersey that you'll wear at shinny, go for the iron-on. If it's a replica or pro jersey, go with the sew-on.

I have a 11-year-old Oilers jersey that's still going strong with a sewn-on name and number. On the other hand, I have a generic RBK practice jersey with my name and number heat-pressed on, and after a year small pieces are coming off.

densetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2009, 04:09 PM
greyraven8

The heat press (iron on) numbers/letters doesn't look half as good; if you have more than one colour numbers the top layer of colour will eventually peel off.

The sewn on tackle twill numbers/letters are much better.

If you are planning on customize many jerseys you could consider buying tackle twill and doing it yourself. The local hockey shops in my city contract what little tackle twill numbering they have to a local seamstress; she has sold me tackle twill several times. Have made my own crests, numbers, and names.

greyraven8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2009, 09:38 AM
9Rocket

Get the sewn on letters and numbers. Heat press ones don't last long.

9Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote