HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Laraque Speaks

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2008, 03:34 PM
furry hats

vCash: 500
Laraque Speaks

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideou...ey/Laraque.MP3

What can I say, he's a super nice guy. Last night we needed a psychopath.

Still, I'm not as fumed at him as I was last night. Anyone feel any different after listening to this interview?

Old
11-14-2008, 03:39 PM
TomPlex

Great speech there. I really like the way he somehow made me feel better about Lucie's reaction to the fight.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Habs4Life

what a dumbass

Old
11-14-2008, 03:43 PM
furry hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Great speech there. I really like the way he somehow made me feel better about Lucie's reaction to the fight.
Are you being sarcastic? Because I actually DO feel better. The question is... does he do anything about it? I'm assuming a Tony Twist-sque player would back up his words with a@@ whopping. I'm not sure Laraque has it in him.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Blades 0f Steel

I rest my case.

"This is not junior hockey, it's the NHL....
...you don't react like that...it's childish."

I completely disagree with his views that he's a middleweight & that he can only do something with Chara or Thornton. This kid threw down with some tough fighters. I'm a little disgusted that he thinks that way, actually.

What does this mean for next Saturday? He does nothing & 'embarrasses' the middleweight by giving him a stern talking-to?

Old
11-14-2008, 03:47 PM
MrNasty

On Lucic and his WWE moment:

"You only see that in Junior hockey, not the NHL. You should be able to see a guy after the game and shake his hand...but how can you respect a guy like that. It was childish"

lol

He also said he is a middleweight...well Bruins fans seem to think he is a heavy. You need to fight heavyweights in order to be one.

Old
m00ks

Booon. Confirmed everything I was saying now lets put it to rest until you guys bring it up again in the next loss. Good comment on Lucic reaction and his actions won't be forgotten.

Old
furry hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I rest my case.

I'd prefer a quote like this:

...you don't react like that...it's childish. But after I'm through with him, he's going to beg to be demoted to junior hockey"

Old
11-14-2008, 03:49 PM
habfan4

Via Facsimile

To: Georges Laraque

Dear Monsieur Laraque,

We greatly enjoyed your commentary on last nights game, certainly much more than your play. Please be advised that most of us consider Milan Lucic to be a heavyweight. Given this new revelation, please govern yourself accordingly on November 22nd.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Ross MacLochness

I can't argue with Laraque here. Lucic is a big boy, a great fighter, no one wanted to fight this guy when he was in the Dub. Laraque asks him to go, he runs away and goes and fights Komo, then puts on his little WWE display. If you're GL how could you have respect for a guy like that?

Old
11-14-2008, 03:51 PM
TheCH*

Hopefully BGL learned something last night. Don't simply ask lucy to go after he nails Kovy from behind, you have to police the team, go out and grab him and give him no choice. Jeebus, you don't just let people take liberties at our players and then let them away with it simply because they said "no". If thats all it takes for you to ignore what happened, then you truely are useless to this team because thats all every player is going to say to you.

You let him off with it and our most physical dman breaks his hand.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:52 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Via Facsimile

Dear Monsieur Laraque,

We greatly enjoyed your commentary on last nights game, certainly much more than your play. Please be advised that most of us consider Milan Lucic to be a heavyweight. Given this new revelation, please govern yourself accordingly on November 22nd.
It's true...not very encouraging. *sigh* He thinks he's in the UFC or something...

Old
Fido22

Quote:
Via Facsimile

Dear Monsieur Laraque,

Lovely letter.

Just a very lovely letter.

Old
furry hats

Quote:
Via Facsimile

Dear Monsieur Laraque,

Ha. That's good.

Someone should start a rumor that Lucic is dissing Edmonton as a town of hicks. That'll get BGL fired up.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:53 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Hopefully BGL learned something last night. Don't simply ask lucy to go after he nails Kovy from behind, you have to police the team, go out and grab him and give him no choice. Jeebus, you don't just let people take liberties at our players and then let them away with it simply because they said "no". If thats all it takes for you to ignore what happened, then you truely are useless to this team because thats all every player is going to say to you.

You let him off with it and our most physical dman breaks his hand.
I'm not sure, what was the score when Lucic hit Kovalev? Wasn't it still early? Bruins could easily have had a 7 minute powerplay after BGL was finished with him.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
I'm not sure, what was the score when Lucic hit Kovalev? Wasn't it still early? Bruins could easily have had a 7 minute powerplay after BGL was finished with him.
Either 1-0 or 0-0. We were down by 4 goals twice after 30 minutes though.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:54 PM
Jigger77

You guys are missing the point.

He's calling him a middle-weight 2 seconds after saying he refused to fight him.

To me that's a jab at Lucic. He's challenging him. Calling him a middle-weight because he wouldn't fight him.

Like he says, what do you want him to do? Jump the guy and end up getting a 5 minute major and a suspension?

Old
11-14-2008, 03:57 PM
furry hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Don't simply ask lucy to go after he nails Kovy from behind, you have to police the team, go out and grab him and give him no choice. J.
Curious. Since BGL is quite open about how/when he fights... doesn't this mean that other players know this as well. Hence they can do whatever they like to Les Habs, and then simply decline a dance with Laraque. How is this a deterrent from taking liberties with our players?

Old
11-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Fido22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post

He's calling him a middle-weight 2 seconds after saying he refused to fight him.

To me that's a jab at Lucic. He's challenging him. Calling him a middle-weight because he wouldn't fight him.

Like he says, what do you want him to do? Jump the guy and end up getting a 5 minute major and a suspension?
Man's got a point.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:58 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:

I think he negated that point when he said it would be different if it were Thornton or Chara.

As well, he never said his next instigator gets him an automatic suspension, he implied that accumulating instigators will get you one. I can't remember but I think it's 3 in a certain span gets you a 1 game suspension.

Old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I rest my case.

I completely disagree with his views that he's a middleweight & that he can only do something with Chara or Thornton. This kid threw down with some tough fighters. I'm a little disgusted that he thinks that way, actually.

What does this mean for next Saturday? He does nothing & 'embarrasses' the middleweight by giving him a stern talking-to?
I think you misunderstood what he was saying.

He meant that Thornto and Chara are heavyweights, if they would of been running around like Lucic was last night and he would of approached them to fight, they would of accepted because they're heavyweights. Lucic was running around and didn't want to throw with Laraque...not much he can do

What do you all expect laraque to do...just cold **** a guy in the head no matter what? This is what I feared when we signed Laraque, people don't understand the role of a respected pugilist like Laraque. People expect him to run around and act like Jeff Kugel ?(youtube it if you don't remember). That's not how it works...I really like Lucic, but I didn't think he was such a weasel. Eventually, he'll have to throw down with BGL...especially after his antics last night

Old
furry hats

Quote:
Ywhat do you want him to do? Jump the guy and end up getting a 5 minute major and a suspension?
After Lucic's "Saturday Night Fever" moves... yes. And if not last night, then next week.

Old
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
MrNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by furry hats View Post
Curious. Since BGL is quite open about how/when he fights... doesn't this mean that other players know this as well. Hence they can do whatever they like to Les Habs, and then simply decline a dance with Laraque. How is this a deterrent from taking liberties with our players?
There is a code that all heavyweights know. You don't see many heavies fight middleweights unless the middleweight guy is trying to make a name for himself. BGL just discusses the code openly.

Old
11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
I can't argue with Laraque here. Lucic is a big boy, a great fighter, no one wanted to fight this guy when he was in the Dub. Laraque asks him to go, he runs away and goes and fights Komo, then puts on his little WWE display. If you're GL how could you have respect for a guy like that?
The interview was riddled with inconsistencies. He fights according to the “code”, which is a set of conventions that revolve around respect. He doesn’t respect Lucic because of his junior league antics. So why does the code apply? He mentions that according to the “code” Chara and/or Thornton would not be able to turn him down, but it sure looked like Thornton did later in the game (though to be fair neither guy was guilty of running around).

Bottom line, it’s time to update the code, when your opponent does not play by the Marquess of Queensberry’s rules neither should you.

Old
11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
TheCH*

Quote:

He could start by doing a better job of making lucy want to fight with him. Do something that makes lucy snap and want to go, get up in his face and make fun of his hunch(i heard that one works with him) i don't really care. Do something other then just figure skate with him saying "ya wanna go".

Closed Thread