HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else not panicking?

Old
11-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Capitano

vCash: 500
So Boston beats us and the sky is falling?

Nah...not worried.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:13 PM
optimus2861

You don't panic in November.

But you do learn lessons from debacles like last night and apply them going forward.

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimus2861 View Post

But you do learn lessons from debacles like last night and apply them going forward.
Agreed.

I can kind of understand the frustration though...we got serenaded by both the Leafs and the Bruins in 1 week.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:29 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post

Habs relies too much on their talent and forgot what it takes to win in the NHL. Average teams need to play the game perfectly to win. But talented teams can get away with it for some time. They needed that slap in the face. A losing streak at this time of the season can only be good in the long run. They know what they have to do, they proved it against Ottawa the other night.

Every little detail is important and every mistake created by lack of concentration or effort will snowball.

I hated that game too, but the intelligence level of the posts on the forum getting lower than the RDS talkbacks.
i agree with you

I think that the Habs are just learning to hate loosing a game .

goalchenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:29 PM
Darz

Quote:

Best post of the day!!!!!!

11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
AD

Ok. But on December 1st at 00:01 I'm gonna be in full fledged panic mode!

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
Ok. But on December 1st at 00:01 I'm gonna be in full fledged panic mode!

Um....we haven't decided yet, if it's O.K. to panic it December yet.

Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
A loss is not worrying. Getting beat up 6-1 is not worrying. The way they played yesterday IS worrying though. I sincerly never saw a team play that bad and look so unmotivated in my whole life. This was pathetic. I've never seen an NHL team play like we did last night.
i dont no if i was the only one last night, but i thought the game could of been much closer then it was. it was one of those games where everything went bostons way. I didnt think it was that bad of an effort, anytime something bad happened though the bruins captilized on it. thats the way she goes sometimes.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:42 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Um....we haven't decided yet, if it's O.K. to panic it December yet.
But... but...

When will we know?!

My hand is half an inch removed from that big red button and my arm is shaking...

Old
11-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
But... but...

When will we know?!

My hand is half an inch removed from that big red button and my arm is shaking...
Well, if it makes you feel any better, odds are the habs will lose a game in December, and then all hell should break lose, so....

Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:46 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Well, if it makes you feel any better, odds are the habs will lose a game in December, and then all hell should break lose, so....
Good.

Good.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:48 PM
Rocket Jr.

Quote:

You can't get better without a few kick in the but. We haven't see snow yet and way too much people are freaking out.

Chances are will get wipped at least a few more times this season.

Rocket Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:25 PM
RC51

No need to panic, the trade deadline has not passed yet so no need to panic.
Now if I was Dandy,Begin,Kostop,Brisebois and perhaps a few others I might feel a ton of pressure because if it does prove true that the Habs need more toughness from the 4th line and some defence, Gainey can find 100 tougher, cheaper, 4th liners with little talent execpt for a good right hand when needed. Gainey can sure trade away 3-4 players right now and find more toughness in and instant.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:30 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
I also agree that it's no time to panick. The players are still young and most of our team has never experienced being the 'favourites' so I'm thinking they may have been taking things too lightly, expecting things to be easier this year.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing that they got smoked. On Tuesday, we could see what they can do when they work hard (making up for the embarassment that was Saturday).
Last night, I think they thought it would be okay to go back to normal having proven what they needed to on Tuesday.

I think they need to realize that being expected to finish on top this year, doesn't mean it will be any easier than last year.

And as someone said, I think it would be nice to have a rookie's energy in the lineup. It seems nobody is playing like their job is on the line.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I want Chip in the lineup.

Lapierre -Chipchura - Kostopoulos
(Laraque for games where we may need him)

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:33 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post

Habs relies too much on their talent and forgot what it takes to win in the NHL. Average teams need to play the game perfectly to win. But talented teams can get away with it for some time. They needed that slap in the face. A losing streak at this time of the season can only be good in the long run. They know what they have to do, they proved it against Ottawa the other night.

Every little detail is important and every mistake created by lack of concentration or effort will snowball.

I hated that game too, but the intelligence level of the posts on the forum getting lower than the RDS talkbacks.
I agree. some posts are like way off the deep-end

The first 10 games do not guarantee a Cup and the last 3 or 4 do not mean we won't win a Cup (if we ever were going to, nothing is certain)

Just like the players, we all have to keep an even keel. Don't focus too much on one stretch of games. Don't try to do too much. Give a steady effort

I think the game last night was a deadly example of a crest meeting a trough. We made them look very good and they made us look very bad.

Getting all reactionary and making huge changes based on a small selection of games is just plain stupid. So it is a good thing the forum does not run the club.

I'm not advocating everybody be happy about it, because I am not either. I just think some folks want to twist the rudder around constantly.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:33 PM
theboss*

The only thing I'm worried about is how many goals the habs give up. They have given up 16 goals in the last 3 saturday night games. We have gave up 12 goals in the last 3 games.

theboss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
Peacock

I wasnt panicking after toronto. Now I am.

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:44 PM
Habs83

I'm not panicking, but I do agree with most on here that the lineup needs a bit of tweaking.

Habs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:44 PM
jpchabby

I agree with what many people here already said. We're still only in the beginning of the season, 14 games played or something like that, we got 68 games to play until the end of the season... of course the team's not playing well these days, but come on, I think our players are smart enough (I hope so lol) to understand it, and to do something about it.

Also, I'm not making the habs an excuse, but I guess it's pretty difficult to have a real "beat", if I'm using the right term, when twice in three weeks, you don't play for an entire week.

Whatever, I'm not panicking, but at least we really have the confirmation that even if we have hell of a lot of talent, if our guys don't work hard, nothing's gonna get done.

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:58 PM
wamsley

This team is adjusting to being a favourite and having teams gunning for them nightly. They also do not have any youth pushing for spots on the team which may have lead to some complacency.

Last season Price was nipping at Huet's heels, AK46 was pushing for top line minutes, SK74 was pushing to make the team, Lapierre and Chipchura were waging a battle for the 4th line etc etc.

This season they are playing with a sense of entitlement. They just got their reality check, and working for 15 min a night is not going to be succesful in the NHL. When they realize that you have to work hard they will win.

Talent+Commitment will equal victories.

wamsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Schooner Guy

It could be worse. We could panic like Tampa Bay and fire the coach after 15 games. I'm not a Melrose fan but how can a team with so many new players and continuous musical chairs fire their coach so early?

Good luck Tocchet. I'm amazed that Len Barrie didn't name himself coach.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 05:11 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
As said before, it's November for god's sake... There's no need to panic.

We played 2 really bad games I agree, but one was agains Boston, a division arch-rival, whom we dominated last year, eliminated from the playoffs. They've been waiting for this moment for a while.

We will all forget when the team will get going, then everybody will regain they're god status (jesus for another) And everybody will forget the bad games. geez it's NO-VEM-BER

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:46 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
Why is everyone panicking??

we're 14 games into the season with a record of 9-3-2. Granted we haven't seen the shadow of last years team and our record doesnt really represent the way the team has been playing but for gods sake relax.

the team has had 2 weeks in a row where they had a 5 day layoff, we need to calm down and let them get their legs going and start getting a feel for the game.

the next few weeks we got a game almost every other night, we can panic after that if we didnt do good...but now its too early

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:48 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Because it's the Habs board.

Also playing 2 of their worst games against their most hated rivals in the span of 6 days will do that.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Plekanetzz

There is no need to panic right but we can be disapointed by their 4 last performance ( excluding ottawa).

We are on this board hockey fans especially Montréal Canadiens fans and we are very devoted to our team. When the Habs are losing like this it affects our mood for the day after.

I'm not into the panic mode just the very disapointed mode

If they were making an effort at least...

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote