HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Kovalev?

Old
11-14-2008, 02:29 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

vCash: 500

OH GAWD OH GAWD

My sides are killing me. The guy was G O D last year and now we want to freakin trade him?

FAIL

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
i guess i should of added

actually, i like our team. i think we need another dman. but besides that, i like where are team is going.
oh, if that case, I take back my comment.

11-14-2008, 02:35 PM
King Kovalev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn Sergei Kostitsyn Plekanec and Halak

for

Kovalchuk - needs no explination and he's still only 25
Hainsey - Solid puck mover (matured)
1st rounder

Flame away...but it's a solid offer I think! Aside maybe for the 1st rounder
I doubt ATL would make that move. Wadell would get his ass fire the moment he trades Kovy. I wonder how many goals he could get on a good team though.

King Kovalev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Beakermania*

If anything i was pissed at the coaching last night.... I noticed two seperate PPs where Kovalev was not on the ice right before the penalty was called... and was not on the first PP unit.... and didn't get on the ice till there was less than 25 seconds left in the PP.

Thats just terrible use of your best PP asset.

Markov and Kovalev need to be used together on the PP.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:43 PM
ari1160

here we go again...

ari1160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:44 PM
BadKiwi

We should create a new whipping two headed monster! I call him Carbolev!

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

I think Carbo was trying to punish Kovy.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:03 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
If anything i was pissed at the coaching last night.... I noticed two seperate PPs where Kovalev was not on the ice right before the penalty was called... and was not on the first PP unit.... and didn't get on the ice till there was less than 25 seconds left in the PP.

Hey, at some point you have to earn your ice time, as skilled as you are, if you dont work enough, if you are mediocre 5 on 5 trying to do everything alone, not moving your feet, if you stay on the ice longer just because of your name, if you dont play the famous north south game Carbo is always reffering to, at some point, you have to be "cassť" and put on the right track.. Do you seriously think Kovalev would have made a difference on the game last night even if playing on that first PP wave? Maybe the guy cares about his stats but personally I dont, I wanna see him play like he played last season, using his linemates and working hard again, I dont want the Kovy of 2 years ago who thought everything was due to him... It all starts even strength, I know Kovy gets most of his pts on the PP but he has to find a way to contribute 5 on 5, it starts by working harder, not cheating offensively, use his linemates and move his feet when he doesnt have the puck... I understand people not being satisfacted with his play, I dont think he is the only one to blame but he is certainly one of the vets who has to show the kids the right way, at the moment he has a bad influence making himself bigger than the team and I dont like it.. I rather have 3 young guys on the same line clicking and working hard ever shifts than the Kovy of 2 years ago on my team..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

He's probably the most skilled hockey player in the world...

Charlie Milles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Hey, at some point you have to earn your ice time, as skilled as you are, if you dont work enough, if you are mediocre 5 on 5 trying to do everything alone, not moving your feet, if you stay on the ice longer just because of your name, if you dont play the famous north south game Carbo is always reffering to, at some point, you have to be "cassť" and put on the right track.. Do you seriously think Kovalev would have made a difference on the game last night even if playing on that first PP wave? Maybe the guy cares about his stats but personally I dont, I wanna see him play like he played last season, using his linemates and working hard again, I dont want the Kovy of 2 years ago who thought everything was due to him... It all starts even strength, I know Kovy gets most of his pts on the PP but he has to find a way to contribute 5 on 5, it starts by working harder, not cheating offensively, use his linemates and move his feet when he doesnt have the puck... I understand people not being satisfacted with his play, I dont think he is the only one to blame but he is certainly one of the vets who has to show the kids the right way, at the moment he has a bad influence making himself bigger than the team and I dont like it.. I rather have 3 young guys on the same line clicking and working hard ever shifts than the Kovy of 2 years ago on my team..
If we score on a PP and make it 2-1 instead of not scoring and then the Bruins make it 3-0 yes i think it could have made a difference.

At 2-1 it would've been a whole new hockey game.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:26 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
If we score on a PP and make it 2-1 instead of not scoring and then the Bruins make it 3-0 yes i think it could have made a difference.

At 2-1 it would've been a whole new hockey game.
We were done even before the game start, we werent ready to respond to that level of play, Bruins looked possesed from the first to the last sec of the game.. Plus, I think the puck moved greatly during that PP, the passes were quick, fluid and we made thier box desorganized.. We got abused all the night long letting them take quality shots as much as they wanted, I dont think Kovy would have made a difference..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:35 PM
TheCH*

Quote:

I agree. Kovalev was the general of the number 1 pp last year and i believe he had the most points on the pp in the whole league! Yet, before this year even starts he gets demoted. Now this season, our pp is barely average. The problem with our pp is so obvious.

And to the people saying he has to earn it, ok... did he not earn the right to be on the first pp to start the season based upon what he did on it last year? Yes i think he did, you can't get better then the best and thats what he(in large part) brought us. It has nothing to do with it needing to be earned, its just some twisted Carbo thinking going on here.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:51 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

The RIGHT Plan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
Okay, before everyone gets all p*ssed, this isn't a reactionary post. I'm as mad as anyone about the way the team is going, and I agree with many here that Carbo's got to shake things up somehow. But looking at the situation logically, the team obviously has needs and will have to give something to get something. I really think Kovalev was a big part in making the team what it was last year. He used his linemates and tried hard in 95% of the games. This year it's all about the long, low-percentage pass, the puck-ragging and the shots on poor targets. His play is bringing Plekanec and Andrei down because they either don't get the puck, or they get it when there's no scoring chance available.

I like Kovalev. I find him a pretty thrilling player to watch when he's on. But we know Gainey's closely evaluating everyone who's up for new contracts. If Kovalev is proceeding to have a season like the one two years ago, rather than last year, I can see Gainey getting pretty tired of his play and deciding not to offer him a new deal. Carbonneau's already using Kovalev in a diminished role. Even so, right now, Kovalev's value is still high based on last year's performance. Should Gainey trade him in for a fourth D, then bring in someone like Sundin up front?

For a 4th Dman ...yes!

Why: Carbo says this is a north-south team with speed; Kovy is a East West player who make his linemates pull up and watch him... totally against what the team philosphy is. He still has good trade value!

Then move Sergei up to his spot; he's ready and has speed and talent to play with his brother and Pleky. That would be an awesome line!!!

Then move lats down to the fourth line... waive Dandy and Breezy

Bring up D'Agostini and MaxPac!

Lines:

Higgy---Koivu---Tanguay
AK46--Pleky--SK74
D'Ago--Lang---maxPax
Lats/Begin--Lappy--Larqaue/Kotos

Komi -- Markov
Legit #4 -- Hammer
O'Byrne---Georges
Boullion

off-season, with Begin, Breezy, Dandy, Kovy off the books you can now sign Komo,Tanguay,Koivu!

... thank you thank you...you're too kind

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:55 PM
m00ks

Why is this even brought up. Doesn't he have a no trade clause?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Only in Montreal, the best player on the team can go from hero to zero from day to day... The guy is almost at a PPG, still generates chances, he could have many more points than he has now.

I agree he's not playing the same way than last year... yet. Plekanec is still struggling, Akost hasn't got his full mojo back. Also he gotta be used on the first PP, he his one of the best PP players in the league.

You just don't trade your MVP this early in the season. By the same logic Ovechkin would have been out of Washington by this time.

Only in Montreal...

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Charley_5054

Send a message via MSN to Charley_5054
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Why is this even brought up. Doesn't he have a no trade clause?
He has a NTC to the western conference until something like december... correct me if i'm Wrong

Charley_5054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley_5054 View Post
He has a NTC to the western conference until something like december... correct me if i'm Wrong
I don't know and it doesn't matter. He's not getting traded and it would be stupid to trade him. I'll give this line till mmid decemeber before I pass anymore judgment. Like you said, we're quick to forget....

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:00 PM
LastRide

I don't care for Carbonneau. I would like to see The Flower behind the bench..LOL

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:06 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
Trade Kovalev you say?

Trade all the team for draft picks, then bring on up the Hamilton roster. Then tank like hell in order to finish last and get the Tavares pick next year. Then trade him for other picks which will then be all traded for other picks.

Just my two cents.
lol I lol'd i had this discussion with a friend today.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
For a 4th Dman ...yes!

Why: Carbo says this is a north-south team with speed; Kovy is a East West player who make his linemates pull up and watch him... totally against what the team philosphy is. He still has good trade value!

Then move Sergei up to his spot; he's ready and has speed and talent to play with his brother and Pleky. That would be an awesome line!!!

Then move lats down to the fourth line... waive Dandy and Breezy

Bring up D'Agostini and MaxPac!

Lines:

Higgy---Koivu---Tanguay
AK46--Pleky--SK74
D'Ago--Lang---maxPax
Lats/Begin--Lappy--Larqaue/Kotos

Komi -- Markov
Legit #4 -- Hammer
O'Byrne---Georges
Boullion

off-season, with Begin, Breezy, Dandy, Kovy off the books you can now sign Komo,Tanguay,Koivu!

... thank you thank you...you're too kind
Panicking already... blow up the team... play players out of position... trade away our MVP of last year... call up two rookies to cure all our offensive woes...

Are you Reggie Houle, JFJ or Oren Koules?? I need to know.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-14-2008 at 04:25 PM.
Old
11-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
We were done even before the game start, we werent ready to respond to that level of play, Bruins looked possesed from the first to the last sec of the game.. Plus, I think the puck moved greatly during that PP, the passes were quick, fluid and we made thier box desorganized.. We got abused all the night long letting them take quality shots as much as they wanted, I dont think Kovy would have made a difference..
1 goal early in the game can make a huge difference.... I'm not talking about scoring a goal when it is 6-1 to make the game 6-2.... I'm talking about a goal that makes the game 2-1.... if you don't realize the amount of confidence that would give the whole team at the end of the first... to go into the room down 2-1 instead of 3-0.... well then you obviously have never played hockey before.

Old
11-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Cyrrus147

You won't get a as good return for Kovalev at the moment.

Anyway, who will overpay for a UFA to be veteran? He is more useful to this team than any return we could get.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal ball View Post
See, this is what I didn't want to happen. I'm not crapping on Kovy for being any worse than the rest of the team. I'm just saying if Gainey plans to let him go next year, then maybe now is a good time to get something the team really needs in return. But, that said, I'd much rather Kovalev pick up his game and spark his line. I don't want him to go.
Gainey is waiting until the end of the year to judge people's performances, there won't be any major trades until after January, if at all.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:52 PM
compile
Give me Scotch!

vCash: 693
Send a message via Skype™ to compile
I'm willing to bet come deadline, there is going to be a lot of rumors surrounding Kovalchuk and the habs.

If a trade involving Kovalev +pick or roster player (ie:Lats) for Kovalchuk happened, I wouldn't mind at all, or even for Semin.

Kovalev is a fantastic player but he does hog the puck to much and isn't explosive anymore. I have nothing against him but his time is up at the ripe old age of 35.

Winning is not the #1 thing. They want to win THEIR way.....even if it means they're handicapping themselves.
compile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:58 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I don't care for Carbonneau. I would like to see The Flower behind the bench..LOL
Well that was random