HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chris Higgins Hat Trick

Old
11-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
It's hard to say what could have been but Koivu was leading the ENTIRE NHL in scoring in only his second year of play before his knee injury!

Guys who lead the league in their second year of play don't come along very often. This kind of feat are only reserved for the Crosbys and Ovechekins of the league.

Now I am not saying that Koivu would have been a Crosby or Ovechkin but I truly wonder from time to time what Koivu would have been if he never got that first knee injury!

Damn that Chicago guy (for the life of me, I can't think of his name) who rubbed Koivu out that unfortunate evening that fateful game...
If I remember well, it was Dec 5th or 6th.... the following day was the McDonald's Habs skills competition at the Bell Center (actually Molson Center) and it was the first time ever I went there (had gone to the ol Forum many times). I remember being totally peeved and sad seeing Koivu standing behind the bench in crutches.

I also wonder how Koivu's career would have unfolded if it weren't for that godforsaken injury. I remember at the time, Recchi and Corson were his linemates and that line was creating all sorts of problems for opposing players. Imagine if he didn't get this injury and if the Habs wouldn't have traded Desjardins and Leclair for Recchi. He might not have got this injury in the grand scheme of things, and he might not have had such an explosive 2nd season, but with development, a clicking Koivu-Leclair duo would've been crushing.

If I remember well tho, it wasn't really the Hawks' player's fault. Just bad luck.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post

For crissake. NO I DID NOT SAY that Savard was a better playmaking centre. I said Savard would get Higgins more goals!!

Mostly because Savard is so pass first, so uni-dimensional that players around him tend to get way more goals than assists.

Meanwhile Koivu is better defensively, is more a fighter, better in the slot, etc. and is not as uni-dimensional..

But I still think that Savard, at his age, and with his skill set would make Higgins a more prolific scorer.

What?!

Now here's a red banana if I ever saw one.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 04:48 PM
znk

Quote:
By saying this, aren't you saying that Savard is a better play maker than Koivu? And Thornton better play maker than Crosby?

I disagree on both counts.

Crosby is just getting going and barring injury, I'm pretty certain that his assist totals will over shadow Thronton's when all said and done. Remember that it took Thornton years to finally get going and was often benched and was being used as scapegoat by Pat Burns and others for years.

As for Savard and Koivu:

Savard has only really had 2 fantastic years and in 2005, he had both Kovalchuk and Hossa to feed his pucks to and got 97 points. I'm pretty sure that Koivu would have gotten better numbers than that centring these two.

His 2006 year was more impressive in that he has 96 points setting up Glen Murray and Marco Sturm. However Murray was a perrenial 30 goal scorer who even scored 44 goals in a season before and Marco Sturm was also a good goal scorer. What really set him free this season was the fact that he had big body presence in Glen Murray and Zdeno Chara giving him all kinds of room for him to perform his magic on the Boston ice. <===THIS is why Latendresse needs to start throwing his weight around and create havoc in front of the enemy net if he ever wants to play on the top line.

I still maintain that Koivu is a much better play maker (among other things) than Savard. Koivu just needs to stay healthy...which is always the wild card.
Savard is a better play maker and if he's not it's by a big enough to go in to an hysterical rant.

In the past 3 seasons Savard has had more assists then Koivu has had points except for one where he had 74 assits and koivu 75 points. This season Koivu has 13 points Savard 16 points. Those are facts....and obviously you cant handle them.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 05:14 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Savard is a better play maker and if he's not it's by a big enough to go in to an hysterical rant.

In the past 3 seasons Savard has had more assists then Koivu has had points except for one where he had 74 assits and koivu 75 points. This season Koivu has 13 points Savard 16 points. Those are facts....and obviously you cant handle them.
English please...

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
English please...
It made sense to me....

In 05-06, savard had more assists than Koivu had points
In 06-07, Koivu had 75 points, Savard had 74 assists.
in 07-08, Savar had more assists than Koivu had points.

This year Savard has 16 points and Koivu has 14.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 05:49 PM
znk

Quote:
English please...
Ok

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:09 PM
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Ok

Ok English please...

David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 09:53 PM
mariolemieux66

Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Unfortunately Higgins could not use his 3 goals game momentum tonight against the Bruins.

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
Unfortunately Higgins could not use his 3 goals game momentum tonight against the Bruins.

Expect a regular 5-6 games slump from him... nothing new in his case...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-13-2008, 10:45 PM
AD

Quote:
Ok English please...
Savard is a better playmaker

And if he is not, then the difference between Savard and Koivu is not big enough for you to become crazy over the mention.

Savard est un meilleur fabriquant de jeu

Et s'il ne l'est pas, la différence entre les deux n'est pas assez grande pour que t'en fasse un drame.

Savard ist eine bessere Spielmacher

Und wenn er sich nicht, dann der Unterschied zwischen Savard und Koivu ist nicht groß genug, damit Sie sich über die verrückte erwähnen.

Savard es una mejor playmaker

Y si no lo fuere, entonces la diferencia entre Savard y Koivu no es lo suficientemente grande como para que te conviertas en una locura más de la mención.

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:59 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post

when people are actually talking hockey, the characteristics, pros and cons of players, in a manner that suggests that they aren't kids simply crying :

He's awesome
He sucks

you aren't around. Then when a game's over and you have a scoresheet that backs you up, you have a snide remark. You are unwilling to talk hockey other than to make snotty remarks. I'm sick of people using you as a poster child, so I'm telling you. I sense that you can talk hockey with anyone else, that you aren't just a little kid watching in Habs jammies, but for some reason when players are discussed, you choose to steer clear. Maybe it's a confidence issue, maybe you only appreciate a certain style of player, but if you show respect, you usually get some.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:36 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Savard es una mejor playmaker

Y si no lo fuere, entonces la diferencia entre Savard y Koivu no es lo suficientemente grande como para que te conviertas en una locura más de la mención.[/I]
Spanish please.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:40 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Spanish please.
just goes to prove, he's a cunning linguist.

Old
11-14-2008, 07:52 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Small bananas often are.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:37 AM
AD

Quote:
You'd think that grown men wouldn't find this so funny after a while..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Small bananas often are.
Coming from a guy who buys "big shovels" and calls himself Big Willy...

AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:40 AM
mcphee

Quote:

That is your line isn't it ? I saw a poster using it as his sig, I assume without prior permission.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:

You're the only one who ever called me that. Or was it Wet Willy?

Old
11-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Higgins to the Islanders for Hunter and Sutton

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post

If he scores this weekend i expect people to be less kind than they were on tuesday. And as long as they aren't flaming... that's A-OK with me.

Old
11-14-2008, 04:38 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
when people are actually talking hockey, the characteristics, pros and cons of players, in a manner that suggests that they aren't kids simply crying :

He's awesome
He sucks

you aren't around. Then when a game's over and you have a scoresheet that backs you up, you have a snide remark. You are unwilling to talk hockey other than to make snotty remarks. I'm sick of people using you as a poster child, so I'm telling you. I sense that you can talk hockey with anyone else, that you aren't just a little kid watching in Habs jammies, but for some reason when players are discussed, you choose to steer clear. Maybe it's a confidence issue, maybe you only appreciate a certain style of player, but if you show respect, you usually get some.
Why bother replying? Erika posts and runs away, never looking back or bothering to follow up. You might aswell be replying to a bot who has a pre-programmed response to whatever happens in a game. Even then sometimes it doesnt matter what happens in the game, the same garbage gets posted.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Why bother replying? Erika posts and runs away, never looking back or bothering to follow up. You might aswell be replying to a bot who has a pre-programmed response to whatever happens in a game. Even then sometimes it doesnt matter what happens in the game, the same garbage gets posted.
Agreed... I've been saying this months ago... its like its a scripted program in some of her posts... the same crap over and over and over and over and over and over.

/search HFboards forum#16 for "chipchura" or "higgins"
/insert pre-typed post 1, 2, or 3 for higgins.... pre-typed post 4,5,6 for chipchura
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretyped Erika post #1
Player A >>>>>>> Higgins and its not even close!!!!!
/insert smiley
/post
/log off

Old
11-14-2008, 04:43 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Well, at least we stopped talking about theDamned

Old
11-14-2008, 04:50 PM
habfan4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious C View Post
Well, at least we stopped talking about theDamned
A decent night by Kovalev and he'll be right back at it. The whole thing is kind of bittersweet, when a player gives a supreme effort you can't really enjoy it because some witless punk pounces on their keyboard with a pre-canned "I told you so" post.

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
A decent night by Kovalev and he'll be right back at it. The whole thing is kind of bittersweet, when a players gives a supreme effort you can't really enjoy it because some witless punk pounces on their keyboard with a pre-canned "I told you so" post.
It'll be hard for TheDamned*

Edit: And thats ALL WE WILL SAY ABOUT THAT... he's gone, END OF THIS DISCUSSION.

Old
11-14-2008, 04:52 PM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
A decent night by Kovalev and he'll be right back at it. The whole thing is kind of bittersweet, when a players gives a supreme effort you can't really enjoy it because some witless punk pounces on their keyboard with a pre-canned "I told you so" post.
I should take ownership of a player like that...

I call Ben Maxwell...you heard it here first. Maxwell is mine.