HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque Speaks

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2008, 07:05 PM
CareyClutch
Doing the job

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CareyClutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
What is Laraque supposed to do if guys refuse to fight him? just grab guys and start hammering them?
At 6-1 something like that ya..

Old
11-14-2008, 07:05 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
People forget that he may have injured his hand in the fight. It's one thing to get a bruise but it's another thing to keep punching the guy with a broken hand. It's hard for people to understand what it's like to severely injure your hand keep punching with it.. a cut or bruise is one thing, but a fracture gives your brain a signal to stop that is overpowering...
Exactly my point.

You could tell Komisarek just *stopped* for a split second, and thats where Lucic took the upper hand... In different circumstances, it could have been much different.

I think Lucic is better at throwing them, yes. But I don't think he is ANY tougher then Komisarek,

Old
11-14-2008, 07:10 PM
LyricalLyricist

Is this a joke? People saying this and that about laraque. He will go after you if you do a cheap hit, he went after ruutu remember? He went after sauer as well. However, I don't think he sees it honorable to just launch himself at a guy because he hits and plays hard. yes, there was the kovalev hit, but jesus, did you see how kovalev was skating? He wasn't prepared to skate, let alone take a hit. Kovalev is a pretty strong guy, he does well in the corners, but for him to tumble like that he was obviously not paying attention and I wouldn't consider that a true dirty hit. Lucic is a pain in the ass, laraque approached him, more than once, and Lucic refused.

This whole "middleweight" is a call out. He knows we're facing him soon, but he knows playing with the kid's ego will make him feel he has to show up. Oh no, laraque didn't tell lucic "you're dead next saturday!" on live TV and get in trouble if he went after Lucic after because clearly intent to injure and premeditated. He let his opinion be known and gave a little ego jab to lucic. Saturday he'll ask him for a fight, it's up to lucic to answer the bell.

Also, get over this laraque shouldn't care about instigator and all this junk. Laraque is respected for a reason. He's not going to ruin an image and career of respectability just to go after a kid who gets habs fan on their nerves. If lucic did something truly wrong and laraque were on the ice, lucic would've been pulled to the center ice for a match-up. As they say, timing is everything.

Old
11-14-2008, 07:11 PM
habdynasty

Originally Posted by habdynasty
What is Laraque supposed to do if guys refuse to fight him? just grab guys and start hammering them?

At 6-1 something like that ya..

sure why not I mean Bertuzzi did it to that little scumbad Moore.. taught him a real lesson...

Old
11-14-2008, 07:20 PM
Belso

Just heard on RIS that Komi could be gone a long time because he has a fracture...

Old
11-14-2008, 07:30 PM
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
I think you rather badly paraphrased my point.

In terms of the hit on Kovalev it appeared to be from behind, but that's debatable.
It looked to me like Lucic worked hard to get him from the side, but sure, we probably see it differently given the teams we root for.

Quote:
In terms of your rationale on why Lucic should avoid Laraque, it mirrors the reasons that some Canadiens' fans used last year and that were flat out rejected by a segment of Boston fans (in typically vulgar fashion).
Not all Bruins fans are vulgar. I mean, really, you should see some of the Habs fans that come around our boards now and then. I think it's safe to say that both teams have their share of knuckle-head fans. No reason you and I can't carry on a normal conversation.

Quote:
If you care to check my posts (various threads) you'll see that I clearly expected Komisarek and Lucic to eventually have a go, I also expected the result (though not the hand/shoulder injury), so this is not sour grapes. What I didn't expect was for Lucic to act in such a bush league fashion after the fight. If you challenge the opposition bench you have thrown down the gauntlet to every guy on the team, so if Laraque picks it up next Saturday, Lucic is obliged to answer the bell. When a middleweight (as Laraque describes him) runs around, runs his mouth, ducks a fight while looking for one and tries to show up the opposition, then the "code" can IMO be dispensed with.
I don't need to check your posts, I'll take your word for it. But I think we agree more than we disagree. Another way to state my case would be to say that Komi had been defended by Montreal fans for ducking Lucic. They listed a few reasons, mostly being it didn't make sense given the game situation and also the players' relative value. It seems now though, when Lucic does the same thing, he's ridiculed for it.

What's more, BGL is somewhat irrelevant to this discussion. Komi and Lucic have a history with Komi giving as much as taking. Their both big boys, I see no reason why BGL should have to settle scores for Komi. If Lucic is being dirty or picking on Koivu, for example, then yeah, BGL should be all over him.

As for Lucic's antics...I don't think he was taunting the Montreal bench. In the Boston broadcast, Andy Brickley said it looked like he was gonna make the motion and the linesman turned him toward the Montreal bench. Also, he's been known to motion to the crowd...I highly doubt it was intentionally directed to the Habs bench.

Still, I can't say I was really pleased about it. It could easily look like he was taunting the bench. Either way that's somewhat immature. (I much prefer PJ Stock's wave if you must gesture to the crowd. That strikes me as being more clearly an acknowledgment of the crowd.) Of course, it is worth pointing out that Lucic is, what 19 or 20? I guess some immaturity is to be expected.

If BGL wants to get in his face for his antics, I have no problem with that and expect that Lucic will answer the bell in the right situation. (As I said before, hard to rationalize losing a top line guy for a dance with a 4th line guy who plays very little.)

Last edited by Bri: 11-14-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: clarity
Old
11-14-2008, 07:33 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Just heard on RIS that Komi could be gone a long time because he has a fracture...
If this is true they will definitly need a call up, Brisebois should not be a regular.

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - O'byrne
Boullion - Brisebois/????

So I guess the option are Carle, Belle, Weber or maybe Subban?

Carle sounds like he would be the best choice. Then again we could pick up Kukkonen off waivers.

Old
11-14-2008, 07:36 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Exactly my point.

You could tell Komisarek just *stopped* for a split second, and thats where Lucic took the upper hand... In different circumstances, it could have been much different.

I think Lucic is better at throwing them, yes. But I don't think he is ANY tougher then Komisarek,
Komisarek got x-ray yesterday , after the fight . I am waiting to see if Komisarek is injured before judging his fight . Maybe he was just unable to defend himself .

Old
11-14-2008, 07:41 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
Komisarek got x-ray yesterday , after the fight . I am waiting to see if Komisarek is injured before judging his fight . Maybe he was just unable to defend himself .
It's official. They said it on RIS (Reseau Info sports) 3 times now. He has a fractured hand. Could be out very long...

Old
goalchenyuk

Quote:
that's what i was just saying . If he got a fracture , how was he supposed to fight after that Lucic maybe won a fight againts someone that couldn't give back the punch

Old
suprez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Hello Habs fans...I am a Bruins fan and I come in peace...sort of.

I think Habfan nailed it on the head. "When your opponent does not play by (the code) neither should you." I think that's exactly what you saw from Lucic last night. He and Komi have a well documented history going back to last season. Bruins fans have long felt that Komi has ducked Lucic and Komi looked to be doing the same last night. So, according to Habsfan, Lucic did the right thing...he refused BGL. (You'll recall the clean hit he laid on Kovalev was prior to his bout with Komi.)

Finally, and there's no way around this, Lucic really does need to consider whether it's wise to drop 'em with BGL. I mean, would you want one of your top line wingers going with a 4th line, 10 minutes a night guy? Not in a close game, that's for sure. Komi for Lucic, on the other hand, is a much more fair trade off.

Be that as it may, I wouldn't be surprised to see Looch and BGL have a go eventually.

Carry on.
Lucic = a 1 season newbies that finished with 20 pts.Komisarek = habs top 2 defenseman.I'm sorry but we lose in the trade off .
Sure Komi hit and block shot but he's NOT A FIGHTER.

Komi is now injured and got injured in a fight involving a 20 pts per season brats.

The bruins fans probably think lucic = a ovechkin lol.He's more like lapierre or Begin.

Old
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 175
Quote:
How many times did they tell Komi to NOT fight?

Old
11-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
Lucic = a 1 season newbies that finished with 20 pts.Komisarek = habs top 2 defenseman.I'm sorry but we lose in the trade off .

Komi is now injured and got injured in a fight involving a 20 pts per season brats.

The bruins fans probably think lucic = a ovechkin lol.He's more like lapierre or Begin.
I think you're getting a little carried away. I said Komi for Lucic is a "more fair" trade off than Lucic for BGL...that's hardly calling Lucic "Ovechkin."

And look, if Komi wants to play it tough then he's gotta expect that he's gonna get called on to dance. He did lay a questionable hit on Lucic last season and he's not shy about pushing and shoving Looch either. I get that he's not a fighter, but if you're gonna play that way, I think it's perfectly reasonable to drop 'em in a 6-1 game. Yeah, it sucks that he got hurt, but that happens sometimes.

Old
11-14-2008, 07:52 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
that's what i was just saying . If he got a fracture , how was he supposed to fight after that Lucic maybe won a fight againts someone that couldn't give back the punch
Hand Fractures are generally a 3-6 week thing. We'll see where it goes from here.

Old
11-14-2008, 07:55 PM
CanadienErrant*

laraque is so useless.

He has done more for the medias than on the ice. How come he can't give a body check ? How come he is so (too) heavy ?

The guy can't skate, can't give a body check, can't fight because no one wants to drop against him. Komisarek is injured. A.Kost was injured, and Sergei probably is. So. waht is the ****ing use of George Laraque ?

Old
11-14-2008, 07:56 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
If this is true they will definitly need a call up, Brisebois should not be a regular.

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - O'byrne

Carle sounds like he would be the best choice. Then again we could pick up Kukkonen off waivers.
Or Dandenault !

Old
11-14-2008, 07:58 PM
la25ecoupe

If Laraque can't fight Lucid, i guess he still can BODYCHECK HIM like the dude did to Kovalev!!

NO???

Old
11-14-2008, 08:15 PM
BadBruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
No, but he could do something to provoke interest. Mix it up or throw a big hit every now and then. If Laraque were actually invoved physically, Shawn Thornton would have been right there to answer the bell and he would have gotten that tussle he claims he was looking for. Instead though, he skated around kindly asking the likes of Lucic, Chara and Thornton to partake in a fight.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:19 PM
habfan4

Quote:
It looked to me like Lucic worked hard to get him from the side, but sure, we probably see it differently given the teams we root for.
(To start this is going to be a little disjointed because I'm in a rush)

This seemingly innocuous point (bolded above) goes to the heart of the matter. The litany of complaints against Komisarek, the ones that started the calls for revenge seemed to us (or at least to me) to the kind of complaints you'd lay at the feet of any hard nosed player. Sure there were some questionable hits, but when your one of the top hitters in the game your bound to miss a few.

Now the shoe is on the other foot and the in your face forward is being given the same treatment by the opposition. Hardly surprising, since we as fan bases are unlikely to agree on the colour of the sky.

Quote:
Not all Bruins fans are vulgar. I mean, really, you should see some of the Habs fans that come around our boards now and then. I think it's safe to say that both teams have their share of knuckle-head fans. No reason you and I can't carry on a normal conversation.
I did say "a segment of Bruin fans", one of my pet peeves is generalizations so I'm
careful to avoid them. You're correct we can certainly carry on a cordial conversation.

Quote:
I don't need to check your posts, I'll take your word for it. But I think we agree more than we disagree. Another way to state my case would be to say that Komi had been defended by Montreal fans for ducking Lucic. They listed a few reasons, mostly being it didn't make sense given the game situation and also the players' relative value. It seems now though, when Lucic does the same thing, he's ridiculed for it.

What's more, BGL is somewhat irrelevant to this discussion. Komi and Lucic have a history with Komi giving as much as taking. Their both big boys, I see no reason why BGL should have to settle scores for Komi. If Lucic is being dirty or picking on Koivu, for example, then yeah, BGL should be all over him.
It's not really Lucic that's being ridiculed it's the Bruin fans who are being duplicitous. If the "relative value" argument didn't have merit last year, why should it this year? A bruising d-man is a coward for not standing up when challenged (in a total mismatch), but a few months later the B's rugged forward gets a pass?

BGL is not irrelevant, his role is to protect skilled and key players on the Habs. He doesn't have to settle any scores, those scores (along with the history you referred to) were settled last night. If Lucic expects a repeat he should be looking at dancing with someone in his weight class.

Quote:
As for Lucic's antics...I don't think he was taunting the Montreal bench. In the Boston broadcast, Andy Brickley said it looked like he was gonna make the motion and the linesman turned him toward the Montreal bench. Also, he's been known to motion to the crowd...I highly doubt it was intentionally directed to the Habs bench.

Still, I can't say I was really pleased about it. It could easily look like he was taunting the bench. Either way that's somewhat immature. (I much prefer PJ Stock's wave if you must gesture to the crowd. That strikes me as being more clearly an acknowledgment of the crowd.) Of course, it is worth pointing out that Lucic is, what 19 or 20? I guess some immaturity is to be expected.

If BGL wants to get in his face for his antics, I have no problem with that and expect that Lucic will answer the bell in the right situation. (As I said before, hard to rationalize losing a top line guy for a dance with a 4th line guy who plays very little.)
We don't have too much to disagree on here and I’m running short on time, so Ill wrap up. I concur that Lucic as a young is going to be sometimes immature, but I don’t think he gets a free pass as a result. In terms of Laraque's reaction, well we won't have to wait long to see happens .

Cheers.

Last edited by habfan4: 11-14-2008 at 08:30 PM.
Old
11-14-2008, 08:22 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post

no, Lucic is somewhere between Ovechkin and Lapierre-Begin. How good Lucic has to be before some habs fan admit he's the real deal?

Old
11-14-2008, 08:29 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by furry hats View Post
Are you delusional? He **** up our boy, a big boy at that, pretty good last night. Dear Lord I'd like to have Lucic on our team. He plays with more heart and guts than 95% of our team.
He ran away from Laraque twice... like Laraque had some kinda contagious disease or something.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

Markov - Gorges
Hamrlik - O'byrne

Subban is not an option, once he is in the CHL he is there until Belleville is eliminated (ie played their last RS game, or eliminated from the playoffs)... Not that i think the Habs will but Fischer and McD are more an option than Subban, they can leave the NCAA at any time and sign a contract if they want to (ala Okposo and Brock Trotter).

Also the best choice for an AHL callup is Henry.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:52 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBruins View Post
No, but he could do something to provoke interest. Mix it up or throw a big hit every now and then. If Laraque were actually invoved physically, Shawn Thornton would have been right there to answer the bell and he would have gotten that tussle he claims he was looking for. Instead though, he skated around kindly asking the likes of Lucic, Chara and Thornton to partake in a fight.
right on. Laraque can harp all day long that he was told no by Lucic, it doesn't change that he should have at least try to hit some people through the boards. Show some ****in emotion at least.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangelo37 View Post
Sorry for trolling, but this seems a lot like what happened last year with Lucic and Komi....Lucic wanted to fight, Komi wouldn't. Although it is wrong when Lucic does it.....
Big difference.... KOMI didn't want to fight with ANYONE.... Lucic wants to pick and choose who he is/isn't willing to fight with.

If he's willing to fight with komi in montreal... and Ruutu in pittsburgh... when Laraque asks him to dance earlier in the game he has no excuse.

Komi is a first pairing D man... it doesn't make sense for him to fight when we are winning the game, as we have been in most of those boston games.
Komi is also an inexperienced fighter and we don't need him getting hurt in a fight

Next game I don't care if Lucic is willing or not Laraque should just beat the piss out of him. You wanna be a fighter Lucy?? You better answer the bell to everyone, not just pick and choose who you want to fight.

Old
11-14-2008, 08:54 PM
24 And Counting*

Laraque just need to grab the little puke called Lucic and make his ugly face concave.

I don't care if he wants or not, i don't get if george gets a 5, I don't care if he gets suspended.

I want payback.

Closed Thread