HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lasse Kukkonen On Waivers (update post #127: CLEARED WAIVERS, Nov. 14)

Old
11-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Terence Peterman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Waive Alberts when Parent gets back.

Problem solved.
i agree, and that's what i want, i just doubt the willingness of the front office wanting to do this. i can imagine them saying "finishing out the year for Ryan will be really good for him, and he'll come back strong and very ready for next year. It'll be a good place for him to get his feet wet again."

Terence Peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Cmoneyflyguy

Meltzer reporting that Kukks cleared and will remain with the flyers for now:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...ivers/45/17873

Quote:
Lasse Kukkonen has cleared waivers and will remain with the Flyers, at least for the time being. With the re-injury suffered by Ossi Väänänen (broken finger) last night, Kukkonen is likely in the starting lineup tomorrow in Montreal.

Last edited by MiamiScreamingEagles: 11-14-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
sbisa to juniors and parent to the A is just dumb. just plain dumb. there's no excuse, not even the flyers being too proud. if you sacrifice those to for andrew ****ing alberts you're ****ed anyway, and that's the mistake people will remember. not getting some piece of **** and waiving him for players who will contribute more and get valuable time in for their own development which will make them contribute even more in the future.

gahhh this team's effed sometimes.
Definitely agree, just saying I can see that as a course of action. This team is a mess right now, why would they do something that makes sense to us?

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:54 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1200
Who replaces Kukkonen as the 12th forward?

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:56 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I have a feeling they're gonna call someone up. Apparently Marshall and Bourdon are playing for the Phantoms tonight.

Kambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:59 PM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo
I have a feeling they're gonna call someone up. Apparently Marshall and Bourdon are playing for the Phantoms tonight.
What?

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inebriator View Post
What?
Just read it in an article somewhere. Let me try to find the link.

Edit: It's actually at the bottom of the article linked above. Meltzer wrote it.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:11 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambo View Post
The agreement between the NHL and CHL makes that pretty much impossible.

Meltzer's piece says they're playing tonight. Not playing with the Phantoms.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:15 PM
Kambo

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
The agreement between the NHL and CHL makes that pretty much impossible.

Meltzer's piece says they're playing tonight. Not playing with the Phantoms.
Ah, misread it then. My mistake.

Old
11-14-2008, 03:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

The injury to Ossi may be a blessing in disguise because Lasse would have to clear recall waivers on the way back up. If we lost him, not only do we lose a player but we also lose $450K in cap space.

Old
11-14-2008, 04:26 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Good question. I would guess they'd call-up Ross again, which is fine. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Matsumoto either. Freddie Cabana is another I wouldn't mind seeing, but he's only played 4 games for the Phantoms so far this year, and is currently not on their active roster. I guess he's injured? Anyone know more about that?

MSE, have you seen any updates on Powe? Or has anyone else?

But what about the reference by Stevens that there are some issues with calling guys up right now? Regarding Kukks playing center, he said this...
Quote:
"With the amount of call-ups we've had already, we're a little restricted there. We'll use the guys that we have here," said the head coach.
http://flyers.nhl.com/team/app/?serv...LPage&id=18891

Anyone know more details about that?

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:40 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post
Good question. I would guess they'd call-up Ross again, which is fine. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Matsumoto either. Freddie Cabana is another I wouldn't mind seeing, but he's only played 4 games for the Phantoms so far this year, and is currently not on their active roster. I guess he's injured? Anyone know more about that?

But what about the reference by Stevens that there are some issues with calling guys up right now? Regarding Kukks playing center, he said this...

I can't get the Flyers' TV to play but yesterday someone asked Stevens about Powe and Cote. Stevens' answer mentioned Cote more so but the impression I got was both weren't ready for game action.

This is totally off the wall, but if they are traveling, I wonder if one would dress to meet the standard requirement for personnel dressed in a game even though they wouldn't play.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:18 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by claude boivin lives View Post

Cabana is in the ECHL, no?

Powe is still concussed, as far as I know.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 06:37 PM
claude boivin lives
flat out spectacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
Cabana is in the ECHL, no?

Powe is still concussed, as far as I know.
Thanks, you are correct about Cabana...I just checked the Sea Wolves site. Haha, shows how well I evaluate prospects I suppose...I thought he looked awesome at rookie camp. I thought he'd be a good call-up for the Flyers this year, and now he can't even crack the Phantoms roster.

So, no one knows specific details regarding the "restrictions" with the amount of call-ups a team makes? I thought there might be a wiz or two like Rick Deckard or someone that might have the lowdown on that stuff.

claude boivin lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Shoeny

Quote:
Why not give giroux a shot. I dont care about his training camp...and the minus he's sporting in the A, but the dude can play. If theres any person in the organization that comes the closest to replacing Briere, its Giroux. I would like to see him get a chance this year. The only thing thats a problem is that he's not a true center. Even if he does sit on the bench for the end of the game.....its not going to effect his development. The worst thing that happens is that the Flyers realize he needs to spend the rest of the year in the AHL

Shoeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:43 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Cabana isn't a real NHL prospect, that's why he's in the ECHL. Not sure why everyone thought he was.

Old
11-14-2008, 07:45 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeny View Post
Why not give giroux a shot. I dont care about his training camp...and the minus he's sporting in the A, but the dude can play. If theres any person in the organization that comes the closest to replacing Briere, its Giroux. I would like to see him get a chance this year. The only thing thats a problem is that he's not a true center. Even if he does sit on the bench for the end of the game.....its not going to effect his development. The worst thing that happens is that the Flyers realize he needs to spend the rest of the year in the AHL
I agree with this if Giroux can center and Metro moves to the 4th line. I don't want them to call Giroux up and give him 4th line minutes.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:49 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers View Post
I agree with this if Giroux can center and Metro moves to the 4th line. I don't want them to call Giroux up and give him 4th line minutes.
Giroux is better off playing a full year in the AHL. Ferrying him back and forth between the AHL and NHL will not help his confidence or his development. As much as I hate seeing career AHLers on the Flyers' roster, they're the perfect short term replacements.

11-14-2008, 07:58 PM
runkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Giroux is better off playing a full year in the AHL. Ferrying him back and forth between the AHL and NHL will not help his confidence or his development. As much as I hate seeing career AHLers on the Flyers' roster, they're the perfect short term replacements.
Agreed, wasn't part of the issue with Downie's development the fact that he got called up and barely played when what he needed was a lot of minutes to get better defensively and conditioning wise? Same with Parent. I don't want Giroux up until he has more than adjusted the AHL and is ready to take a regular shift on the wing on one of the top 3 lines. Most reports I have read indicate he is coming around and starting to play well there, they should leave him.

BTW... Jared Ross has been called up for tomorrow night (according to the Phantoms broadcast tonight)

runkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Raffl House

Unfortunately, it comes down to puck control. The Flyers have none. These hole-plugs at center are not true centermen with faceoff abilities, and it shows. I don't know their cap hits, but guys like Bonk or McDonald could help us out. Maybe even a guy like Boyd Gordon in WSH would be of use.

In addition, we need some grit/agitation in the lineup on a consistent basis. Cote being out does not help us at all, but moving Downie has also been an issue. Frankly, I think a player like Ross or Nodl being in the lineup on a consistent basis, working hard, and earning their keep is necessary. The incessant shuffling of the lineup has got to stop.

Raffl House is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

What you said is true. We don't have players that can make moves like a hemsky, or a crosby type player. Not taking away the fact that they are great players we have on the team. But it really hurts us 5 on 5.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Cabana isn't a real NHL prospect, that's why he's in the ECHL. Not sure why everyone thought he was.

Not "everyone" thought he was.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Not "everyone" thought he was.
Ok, 97.61% of people

Old
11-14-2008, 09:22 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
assuming kukkonen and alberts' salary are the same so its a non issue...

which would you rather have?

this should be interesting

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:10 PM
BWAVgal
Icon, Vigilante...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
What you said is true. We don't have players that can make moves like a hemsky, or a crosby type player. Not taking away the fact that they are great players we have on the team. But it really hurts us 5 on 5.
Crosby and Hemsky are two different types of players. Crosby can do the fancy moves and finish them. That's always been a problem with Hemsky. I've seen countless vids of him getting nailed because he was doing some fancy move and he gets nailed.

BWAVgal is offline   Reply With Quote