HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Get Benot Brunet off the air

Old
11-14-2008, 10:28 AM
BadKiwi

vCash: 500
He did say something! He said Sergei looks determine to kick some butts, he had to look down when Sergei glared at him. He's talking about how he can feel the momentum. And he says all this without a hard on thinking about the 4th line! Joel is very very good.

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 11:02 AM
Slew Foots
Haters gonna hate

On a related note: I was going to say that, amazingly, I was starting to miss Yvon, then I got a glimpse of his derriere at my gym locker room an hour ago...let's just say I don't miss Yvon anymore...

Slew Foots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 11:38 AM
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life

The problem with Brunet is that he calls the game as he played it.....from a 4th line point of view. This guy is always the one to defend the 4th line even when there is absolutely nothing positive to say about them.

On the opposite, the second a guy on the top lines misses a deke or a play, Benny Boy starts ranting about the player not moving his legs enough or some similar crap.

He's incredibly subjective and inclined to make weird/stupid comments. Just last night, when he started to call the Bruins ''les noirs'', maybe it's just me, but let's just say it wasn't the best adjective.

''Chandails noirs''? Ok. ''Les noirs''....No.

I don't particularly miss Yvon, but god do I wish they would lay Brunet off. Bring who you want to replace him, preferably Bouchard or even Denis Casavant if it's needed....but damn is Brunet brutal.

Turtleneck Plek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I like Bionic Benny. I don't detect the same frustrating biases and shortcuts in his approach, anyway. (Or maybe he just has the same ones I do). He knows the game well enough, and doesn't seem to have any ego at all. I like that.

But I don't pay too much attention to announcers anymore, I generally figure I'm lucky to even see the game by craning my head around rampaging toddlers and, and luckier still to still have the physical strength advantage to keep the remote away from them.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 01:50 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I like Bionic Benny. I don't detect the same frustrating biases and shortcuts in his approach, anyway. (Or maybe he just has the same ones I do). He knows the game well enough, and doesn't seem to have any ego at all. I like that.

But I don't pay too much attention to announcers anymore, I generally figure I'm lucky to even see the game by craning my head around rampaging toddlers and, and luckier still to still have the physical strength advantage to keep the remote away from them.
stuck in I'll watch the kids but I'm watching hockey mode ? I'm still paying off those deals.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Chomsky

The only worthy upgrade would be Dany Dubé. Joel Bouchard annoys me just as much.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:02 PM
Haddock

Why change Brunet with anyone else? So we can whine and complain about the next guy? Let's face it, most Habs fans who hang out here think they know everything there is to know about the team and the game of hockey. No analyst will be good enough for them and Dany Dubé is unavailable. That being said, I know where Brunet lives for those who mentionned something about a fire...

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 02:13 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Why change Brunet with anyone else? So we can whine and complain about the next guy? Let's face it, most Habs fans who hang out here think they know everything there is to know about the team and the game of hockey. No analyst will be good enough for them and Dany Dubé is unavailable. That being said, I know where Brunet lives for those who mentionned something about a fire...
I think RDS should put an anglo on the air. Preferably a guy that speaks French with one of those annoyingly flat accents. you know, Bo Joo Toot La Monde. I love guys like that. Hey, I am a guy like that. I'll do it.

Old
11-14-2008, 02:18 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
The only worthy upgrade would be Dany Dubé. Joel Bouchard annoys me just as much.
Dubé annoys me more then Joel, he thinks he has the right answer for everything, he is a little too much ti-joe connaissant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akost View Post
On the opposite, the second a guy on the top lines misses a deke or a play, Benny Boy starts ranting about the player not moving his legs enough or some similar crap.

he is saying that every games

I think he has a fixation on feet lol

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4THECUP View Post
Dubé annoys me more then Joel, he thinks he has the right answer for everything, he is a little too much ti-joe connaissant.
I remember Patrick Roy to Villeneuve on CKAC: "C'est pas Dany Dubé qui va te montrer comment faire le style papillon"

As for Brunet, that guy doesn't have vocabulary. Yesterday, I heard him say "commotion céLébrale".

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Who cares? This is an English language board. Most people don't understand french.
Ehhh most of the Habs posters are speaking french here.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 05:38 PM
znk

Quote:

he is saying that every games

I think he has a fixation on feet lol
Dude it's simple. He knows his stuff and knows how to explain it. Everything he says he then backs up with a solid explenation he's one of the best in the business in any language.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
stuck in I'll watch the kids but I'm watching hockey mode ? I'm still paying off those deals.
I don't think we have any deals. I'm "watching the kids". Period. Always. If hockey's on, I do a worse job of it than usual. Hopefully when they're 18 they'll appreciate having had such early experience at independence.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 07:36 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't think we have any deals. I'm "watching the kids". Period. Always. If hockey's on, I do a worse job of it than usual. Hopefully when they're 18 they'll appreciate having had such early experience at independence.
that's a deal in itself.

Old
11-14-2008, 07:43 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Ti-joe didn't coach a Canadian WJC team to the finals. He has the right answer for everything because he knows his stuff. Swallow your pride and admit it.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 1100
only guy i'd replace him with is bouchard, otherwise, just keep him there, i got no problem.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:40 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Who cares? This is an English language board. Most people don't understand french.
I know you're a very well respected poster, but this comment was beyond the usual stupidity we see on this board.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 08:42 PM
muzion

Ehhhhhhhhh let's not forget Pednault was annoying, lacked hockey knowledge in terms of analysis of play on the ice and was as biased as they come.

And I thought Pierre Houde would be less of an annoyance with the removal of Yvon but imo ain't nothin changed

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Pedro McGuire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
The man is awful as a color analyst.

I actually miss Pedenault.
Stop complaining you ****ing baby.

Pedro McGuire* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:08 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Why change Brunet with anyone else? So we can whine and complain about the next guy? Let's face it, most Habs fans who hang out here think they know everything there is to know about the team and the game of hockey. No analyst will be good enough for them and Dany Dubé is unavailable.
this.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:17 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I remember Patrick Roy to Villeneuve on CKAC: "C'est pas Dany Dubé qui va te montrer comment faire le style papillon"

As for Brunet, that guy doesn't have vocabulary. Yesterday, I heard him say "commotion céLébrale".
and the famous " UNE BELLE arrêt". The analyst on Senators's French radio broadcast is even worse. Sanscartier is putting the feminine form "UNE" in front of every word that is starting with a vowel. une arrêt, une été, une entrainement, une autobus, une avion.....

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:53 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
and the famous " UNE BELLE arrêt". The analyst on Senators's French radio broadcast is even worse. Sanscartier is putting the feminine form "UNE" in front of every word that is starting with a vowel. une arrêt, une été, une entrainement, une autobus, une avion.....
You see, if you were an anglo like me, you would never notice that stuff. You would happily enjoy the game, think, geez that Benny is a nice guy and be pleased that you can see 82 games a year. BUt noooooo, you have to speak good French and notice mistakes, therefore affecting your hockey watching experience.

Ignorance is bliss.

Old
11-16-2008, 12:42 PM
totalrecall

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post

I actually miss Pedenault.
actually i heard him on cbc yesterday

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gob Bainey View Post
Stop complaining you ****ing baby.
What kind of comment is that?

Honestly, it amazing how some feel treated by a different opinion than their !

And no by the way I do not agree with him and I do not miss Pednault. But I don't jump at everyone who doesn t think like me

/facepalm

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
I know you're a very well respected poster, but this comment was beyond the usual stupidity we see on this board.
Care to explain why?
I'll have you know I myself have written things far stupider than that.
As for the "very well respected poster" comment, that's a low blow.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote