HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11/15/08 Philadelphia @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS (HD), CBC

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2008, 11:29 AM
Kosti46

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Higgins - Saku - Tanguay
Lats - Lang - Kovy
SK74 - Plek - AK46
Begin - Lapierre - Larack Obama

Markov - Brisebois
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges

Halak
Price
I like it. Looks like a great lineup. Turn the Kosti bros loose on them.

Is that you Carbo? Behind that user name??????????????????????

Old
11-15-2008, 11:29 AM
theboss*

Don't be surprised if we let in 4 or more goals tonight.

Old
11-15-2008, 11:35 AM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Some points that really worry me:

1-Carbo blaming Price for allowing too many goals.. Hello Carbo??? The team has been playing absolute brutal hockey in front of him lately.. Boston and Toronto made us look like an AHL team, we gave them so many quality shots and scoring chances that I couldnt imagine worst even in my worst nightmares... You and your coatching staff have to adress the situation cause clearly the prob is way deeper than blaming a goaltender who gets abused every games... Put Luongo or Brodeur in net against Boston or Toronto and the result is the same, we were just that much outplayed.. Stop blaming goaltenders when your team looks like a bunch of little girls lost out there!

2-Kovalev of 2 years ago, slow, playing alone, not moving his feet, low level of intensity and wants his candy on the PP staying there as long as he can..

3-Laraque just cant follow the pace, cant even hit and disturb the opponent.. Our guys have never been so abused physically than this year..

4-Komi is hurt

5-Carbo already made a meeting some days ago, the positive effect lasted 1 game.. Clearly this team is not working togheter, lack consistency and passion...

6-Good luck
You make some good points. Especially point number 1.

The problem is NOT Carey Price. The opposition are getting way too many quality shots on him.

Last game against Lucy in the sky with the big black eye, and the bruins, we barely got any quality shots while they got how many?

Old
11-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:

1-Carbo blaming Price for allowing too many goals.. Hello Carbo??? The team has been playing absolute brutal hockey in front of him lately.. Boston and Toronto made us look like an AHL team, we gave them so many quality shots and scoring chances that I couldnt imagine worst even in my worst nightmares... You and your coatching staff have to adress the situation cause clearly the prob is way deeper than blaming a goaltender who gets abused every games... Put Luongo or Brodeur in net against Boston or Toronto and the result is the same, we were just that much outplayed.. Stop blaming goaltenders when your team looks like a bunch of little girls lost out there!

2-Kovalev of 2 years ago, slow, playing alone, not moving his feet, low level of intensity and wants his candy on the PP staying there as long as he can..

3-Laraque just cant follow the pace, cant even hit and disturb the opponent.. Our guys have never been so abused physically than this year..

4-Komi is hurt

5-Carbo already made a meeting some days ago, the positive effect lasted 1 game.. Clearly this team is not working togheter, lack consistency and passion...

6-Good luck
You're dead on... sadly

Old
11-15-2008, 11:50 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:

4-Komi is hurt

6-Good luck
I don't see any laying of blame at Price's feet, but you'd have to be living under a rock to think that the goaltending has been good recently. You'd also have to have been living under a rock to think that Price has been anywhere close to consistent in his time in the NHL. That has to improve. Period. Any hopes that Carbo has of pressing buttons and using coaching levers with other players starts at the goaltending position - you play well you play more - you don't and the next guy gets a chance.

Message sent.

Old
11-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Turbo

I don't know... Halak isn't inspiring much confidence in me this year. Not that Price has been consistent either. Damnest thing is that I don't think the high scoring games were that much their faults - the team in front of them really hung them out to dry.

Nevertheless, the team really could use some top-notch goaltending to get them out of this current spell. Hopefully we get a strong performance tonight. These 2 guys have done it before, that's for sure.

Old
11-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
I don't see any laying of blame at Price's feet, but you'd have to be living under a rock to think that the goaltending has been good recently. You'd also have to have been living under a rock to think that Price has been anywhere close to consistent in his time in the NHL. That has to improve. Period. Any hopes that Carbo has of pressing buttons and using coaching levers with other players starts at the goaltending position - you play well you play more - you don't and the next guy gets a chance.

Message sent.
Character. Does this team have enough of it? Carbo's last rant lasted one game, what does this say about the respect this team has towards him?

Old
11-15-2008, 11:54 AM
andreconstantin

Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
Quote:

4-Komi is hurt

6-Good luck
I have never seen that much truth in a post in a long time. I pretty much agree with everything. Price is to blame? He prolly' had 5 '2 on 1's' in the last game and the defense was just plain horrible all game long. Anyway, habs needs to work hard and with Komi out (who can be out for a while), they'd need to show a lot of heart to win the game...

Old
11-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Pascal

Habs lose 5-2, city goes nuts.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
Finally, a punching bag for Georges to let all his frustrations out.
Do you think he has any? He sometimes looks like he reached Mr Myagi's level of aggressivity. Which is close to none...

Anyway, gonna be at the game tonight, so there's no way we lose this one.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
Quote:
Originally Posted by anarmandaleb View Post
No, the punching bag needs to be Lucic. Too bad BGL doesn't seem to get that yet.
This is like the lesser punching bag to prepare for the important one...or something..

Old
11-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Magic33

Habs win 4-3, Begin scores the winner, assisted by Laraque.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Habs win 4-3, Begin scores the winner, assisted by Laraque.
I thought Laraque was to nice to get points. I figured he rather share them with his teammates!

Old
11-15-2008, 12:23 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBCnutcase View Post
The Habs game will be seen by people in the provinces of Nova Scotia and Quebec so CBC Montreal and Halifax will have the game.
Not New Brunswick? Damn it.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
Old
11-15-2008, 12:25 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

If SKost is out the 3rd line looks horrible, so does the 4th!

WOW, good luck

Old
11-15-2008, 12:25 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Maybe the habs will put more effort into the game tonight and not just assume they've won.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:26 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

I hope we show up to play an entire 60 mins like we did against the Sens. If not, expect another repeat of Thursday.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:26 PM
Toro

anybody who believes our boys are out of it is just plain %&^$#$%

These guys have been beaten by our 2 biggest rivals and now have a chance to redeem themselves against the Flyers who knocked us out of last years playoffs.

4-1 Habs

Old
11-15-2008, 12:27 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Halak expected to get start per TSN.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:32 PM
ChickenHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
Do you think he has any? He sometimes looks like he reached Mr Myagi's level of aggressivity. Which is close to none...
Miyagi: First, wash all car. Then wax. Wax on...
Daniel: Hey, why do I have to...?
Miyagi: Ah ah! Remember deal! No questions!
Daniel: Yeah, but...
Miyagi: Hai!
[makes circular gestures with each hand]
Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands]
Miyagi: Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
Higgins - Saku - Tanguay
Lats - Lang - Kovy
SK74 - Plek - AK46

Markov - Brisebois
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges

Halak
Price

The 3th and 4th lines I like

then put all the good ones in the same line ; Tangay - Koivu- Kovy

oh ..and the D look very ''suspect''

Old
11-15-2008, 12:53 PM
nas26

Quote:
Higgins - Saku - Tanguay
Lats - Lang - Kovy
SK74 - Plek - AK46

Markov - Brisebois
Hamrlik - O'Byrne
Bouillon - Gorges

Halak
Price
I like these lines, except for Brisebois playing on the top pairing. I'd rather see Gorges and Markov together.

Forwards are going to have to help their D by making sure pucks get out of the zone. Without Komisarek, Montreal is gonna be more vulnerable to the Philly forecheck. The Flyers are a lot like the Bruins in terms of the physical game, so guys like Kovalev and Kostitsyn are gonna have to be willing to take a couple of hits. The Habs can't afford for them to go into wall-paper mode. Definitely want to see Begin back in the lineup. GO HABS!!

Old
11-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Tusk

I would just like to see some intensity from our best players, I know that's not in Tanguay's game, but everybody else can bring it.

If no Sergei, let's mix it up:

Higgins/Lang/Kovalev
Lats/Pleks/Andrei
Begin/Koivu/Tanguay
Dandy/Laps/BGL

Just mix up the 3 "scoring" lines. IF Sergei is in play him with Lang and Kovalev and put Higgins back with Saku. One of those two feistier, faster guys should be on the left side of Lang and Kovy if they are together. I just want to see something different and why not try building a line with our young core players. Try all of the RFA's together at some point. In a perfect world Chips is called up and in the left side of the 4th line and Dandy is scratched.

The defense without Komi helped guide us into the playoffs last year, I don't think it's as bad as others think.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:59 PM
prevail

Believe my brothers and sisters, believe

Old
11-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:

4-Komi is hurt

6-Good luck
+ 1, unfortunately...

I think Carbo became a better coach last year, but I've been a worried a bit lately with some of his decisions/interpretations. Nothing catastrophic yet, but I wonder if we're gonna witness a "sophomore" coaching slump this year?

Closed Thread