HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How does Komi's "performance" tonight affect his street cred?

Old
11-15-2008, 12:58 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
And here's another thing: saying 2 players have to drop the gloves to settle gritty, physical play is one of the biggest piles of ******** going here. This kind of thinking is absolute crap.

Komi 'had to' man up to Lucy? I'd like to see that shaved ape block hundreds of shots a year. The kid is like Darcy Tucker on steroids, hit him hard & he goes berzerk. Poor baby can't take a hip check, so he can't let it go. Did Hab fans expect to see Komisarek beat the piss out of Darcy Tucker for all his cheap crap? He hated, and I mean hated that puke...but you never saw him go out of his way to challenge him for all his cheap hits.

Lucic is just a punk that can't stand it when someone gives it right back to him as good as they get it. That is what kept this rivalry going, & that's what led people to believe they should have fought. He hammered Komi with a few charges & crosschecks to his injured hip that didn't get called. Evidently, that wasn't enough for him, as he felt he needed to use his forte(his fists) in order to satisfy his ego.

I can't believe I'm seeing Hab fans buying into this 'Komisarek had to' nonsense.
Mike Komisarek reminds me more of Ludwig. He will lead in blocking shots and getting hits while clearing the front of the net but he shouldn't drop the gloves. He is not like Larry Robinson or Sheldon Souray that will beat you to a pulp if they lose their anger.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 12:59 PM
ThomasJ13

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I have played the game. I go one more than Kovy. Where do you get the idea that it's Komo that initiates the yapping? If Kosto runs your goalie, you think the after whistle skirmish is going to be "sorry sir how do you do?". Facewashing? Rose coloured glasses if you think Komo has been going AFTER Lucic rather than protecting his net. Does he do that on other parts of the ice? During play? Don't think so. Komo RESPONDS to Lucic's yapping. And if YOU'VE played the game, you'll know what is said during those yaps. More along the lines of, "GTF away from Carey or you will feel it". You HAVE to say that. It's called defending your teammates and the only other person who has done that lately is Boullion (btw against a much taller Ruutu). I remember a couple of years ago Quintal went up against some much tougher guy just so Souray wouldn't have to fight (the guy was trying to pick with Shelly). In that situation, Souray has a broken/weak hand (which Komi apparantly has) and the ONLY thing he could do was blast shots so we had to keep him from fighting. For the rest of the games you watch, take a good look at the scrums and tell me that you think they should all fight each other. Bottom line, Komo is a D protecting his net, nothing more. Not a taunter, just backs up his hits. Either way, you can bet that after that pukeshow, our boys might hit where it really hurts...getting that streak going again. Lucic break one on one vs. Komi...my money is that Lucic doesn't come close to getting a scoring chance.
Oh, OK - Komisarek is just responding, and Lucic starts everything, everytime. I hadn't realized this.

My mistake then - carry on...

ThomasJ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
I mentioned nothing about stats, I said contribute, whether you consider contributing only by stats, that`s one thing, Lucic`s contributions stretch far beyone numbers
You'll have to enlighten me to what "contributing in ALL areas" means then. Stats are currently recorded for goals, assists, hits, blocked shots, plus/minus, giveaways, takeaways, penalties. He does throw alot of hits but doesn't rank anywhere near "solid contributor" in any of those other categories. They track the stats that reflect a players contribution/activity in the game. They don't tell the whole story but they can certainly come in useful to debunk bullcrap statements like "you guys don't have anyone that does as much for your team as lucic does for the bruins" when statistically, he does very little to contribute towards bruin victories. In fact, statistically, he is a below average top 6 winger in every way. He doesn't even project to ever be a top 6 winger by anyone other than bruins fans. Comparing him to neely who was a premiere goal scoring power forward is ridiculous. Neely could throw down, so can Shannahan, Iginla, Vinny, etc. The comparison between lucic and any of those guys begins and ends with being able to fight. He is more comparable to tie domi with his sideshow antics and taunting than to any of those guys.

Krautso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 01:26 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Lucic doesn't bring anything to the Bruins other then toughness, he's on the first line but he's not a first liner. Your fan base is delusional.

And dont come on my board and tell me I can't name a player that plays with his heart and gives it his all.. Because obviously you've never seen Saku Koivu play, he returned against in the playoffs and put you guys to rest. There is few players in this league that play with as much heart as him.
You dont remember how well he played against us in the playoffs? Our fanbase is so annoying.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
You dont remember how well he played against us in the playoffs? Our fanbase is so annoying.
while it was hard not to notice him during the playoffs, his contributions were definitely more 3rd line calibre than top scoring winger. 2 goals and a minus one are pretty average stats for a 7 game series. I was more impressed with phil kessel myself. 3 G 1A and a plus 1 in four games.

Old
11-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
The crap at the end and the chicken dance crap was the stuff that guys like Avery and Tucker pull. Is that the type of guy Lucic is? Is that the type of guy Bruins fans want him to be? What a hero.

I don't have a problem with the fight between foes stuff, but if you are going to pull that type of crap, and want to maintain a certain level of respect, answer the bell against quality fighters, not just pick your spots. If that's your tactic, you are no better than the Avery's and Tucker's of the world.

Taunting a non-fighter after you win a fight in which he is obviously injured, is akin to Kovalev doing a fist pump and taunting if he beat a guy like Lucic in a skills competition. Big friggen whoop. Lucic is just plain and simple, a goof.
Lucic probably delivered the greatest beating of his young career life so I think he deserved to celebrate. The problem would be if he does it all the time. Then you send Laraque on him whatever the consequences.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 01:43 PM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

Quote:
OK.

...how am I a hypocrite? There's no showboating, vicious cheap shots or any running of the mouth that deserves retribution via a fight. Nothing. It was good, hard, physical play. Lucic's vicious crosschecks cancel out Komisarek's botched hip check.

When have I ever said that Komisarek needs to fight a player that has been battling him hard in consecutive meetings? When have I ever said that the Habs need to respond to tough physical play by having someone go out there & fight a guy for laying some hard checks? I hate that ****! I hate how you can't throw a good, clean hit anymore without having to defend yourself in a fight. I hate babies like Tucker that take exception to people playing them hard.

Should Evgeny Malkin need to fight Alex Ovechkin because the two are at each other's throats?

I think what you're sorely mistaken about is the fact that I think Lucic needs to answer the bell for:
1)trying to fight our #2 Dman, & subsequently having him injured
2)taunting the Habs bench after ducking Laraque
This does not make me a hypocrite.

Fighting should only take place after a dirty hit or some jackass antics.
You ARE a hypocrite.

You know damn well that for over a year Komi has been going after Lucic during and after the whistle, he's gone after star players, punching and slashing and yapping and acting like a tough guy but backing down every time Lucic came calling. That's why Komi eventually had to ansert he bell, even he himself knew it and that's why he manned up(and did better than most give him credit for), and that's why he himself isn't making any excuses or whining like yourself.

But lemme get this straight, the notion of Komi having to answer the bell for everything he's done in the past year is complete bull **** to you, but on the other hand Lucic now absolutely HAS to answer the bell, to the most respected heavy in Laraque nonetheless, for waving his arms after a fight? Yeah right. You are indeed a complete hypocrite. Fights and answering the bell goes both ways. If you don't think that Komi HAD to fight Lucic, then don't go around whining that Lucy now HAS to fight Laraque and is a ***** for not doing so. This is the very definition of hypcrosy.

Personally, as a guy who is neither a Bruins or a Habs fan, I think the beef was indeed between Komi and Lucic, and I do think that Komi was going to have to answer the bell eventually and appluad him for it. I think that for now their score is settled and that it should be the end of that, why are Habs fans trying to drag Laraque into this I have no idea.

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender2.0 View Post
You ARE a hypocrite.

You know damn well that for over a year Komi has been going after Lucic during and after the whistle, he's gone after star players, punching and slashing and yapping and acting like a tough guy but backing down every time Lucic came calling. That's why Komi eventually had to ansert he bell, even he himself knew it and that's why he manned up(and did better than most give him credit for), and that's why he himself isn't making any excuses or whining like yourself.

But lemme get this straight, the notion of Komi having to answer the bell for everything he's done in the past year is complete bull **** to you, but on the other hand Lucic now absolutely HAS to answer the bell, to the most respected heavy in Laraque nonetheless, for waving his arms after a fight? Yeah right. You are indeed a complete hypocrite. Fights and answering the bell goes both ways. If you don't think that Komi HAD to fight Lucic, then don't go around whining that Lucy now HAS to fight Laraque and is a ***** for not doing so. This is the very definition of hypcrosy.

Personally, as a guy who is neither a Bruins or a Habs fan, I think the beef was indeed between Komi and Lucic, and I do think that Komi was going to have to answer the bell eventually and appluad him for it. I think that for now their score is settled and that it should be the end of that, why are Habs fans trying to drag Laraque into this I have no idea.
Take out the sarcastic tone, & you've got it about right.

Good lord, a defenceman playing tough physical hockey? What's that? He sometimes shoves people after the whistle?! Somebody put a stop to this madman!!!!

I seem to recall an era where anyone standing in front of the goal was subject to vicious crosschecks again & again, as well as blatant slashes throughout the game. Now that might be something to get one's panties in a bunch but yelling? Shoving? Give me a ****ing break pal. Cry me a river because Komisarek is mean to your team. He can't get away with 1/2 of the things defencemen were capable of in the 90's.

Taunting a bench, on the other hand, when you've turned down it's best fighter...uh, yeah. That's grounds for a beating. It's not hard to understand.

You're either a Senator or a Leaf fan.

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 11-15-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 01:56 PM
Krautso

Quote:
You ARE a hypocrite.

lucic went after kovalev and s.kost who are skill guys for MTL. does that mean that he HAS to answer the bell from laraque when challenged? hell no. and he didnt.

Komi doing the same thing to the bruins forwards does not mean he has to fight whatever scrapper the bruins put on the ice to antagonize him. Komi waited until the game was out of hand and answered the bell. I can respect that but komi was never out there challenging inferior fighters to fight shift in shift out like lucic does. If he did that, i doubt anyone would say a word about him getting his ass kicked by the opposing enforcer, he would deserve it.

Lucic will go with BGL but it will be a similar situation, game out of reach, lucic pissed off and BGL constantly chirping and being an always-willing participant.

Old
11-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Classless Goon
Ducimus

Quote:
Take out the sarcastic tone, & you've got it about right.

Good lord, a defenceman playing tough physical hockey? What's that? He sometimes shoves people after the whistle?! Somebody put a stop to this madman!!!!
I never said there was anything wrong with the way Komi plays the game. I love big tough d-men who play with a mean streak. But don't be a *****. Go after star players, that's all good, don't run away when the goons come calling however. Play hard, play mean, and back it up once in a while. That,s what Komi did and I give him kudos for that, he obviously understands the code better than you.
Quote:
I seem to recall an era where anyone standing in front of the goal was subject to vicious crosschecks again & again, as well as blatant slashes throughout the game. Now that might be something to get one's panties in a bunch but yelling? Shoving? Give me a ****ing break pal. Cry me a river because Komisarek is mean to your team. He can't get away with 1/2 of the things defencemen were capable of in the 90's.
D-men actually answered the bell in the 80's-90's. When you took liberties with star players there was a goon in your face next shift pummeling your face in, there was no instigator and twice as much fights. If a guy started punching Gretzky in the head McSorley or Smenko would come off the bench to take your head off. What is so hard to understand? You go after star players, the other team's tougher players are gonna stick up for them and go after you, why is it so hard to get it? Why should Komi be exempt from the code? Because you're a blind homer who thinks his players should do anything they want on the ice and never expect retribution and who thinks opponents should just let the Habs do whatever they want to them without ever retaliating? Give me a ****ing break will you? Intimidation goes both way. Komi goes after star players, nothing wrong with that. He slashes them, punches them, roughs em up acts tough with them. Good for him. But when you do that, don,t expect the other team to just take it. They're gonna go after you. They're gonna send a message and stick up for their teammates, what else are they supposed to do? That's called intimidation and it's a tactic, you don't let your teammates get pushed around. I don,t give a good **** what Komi is or isn't allowed to get away with in front of the net, if you act like a tough guy expect someone in your face next shift. If you don't like it, go watch Russian hockey or something.

And also, Lucic didn,t taunt the bench. He was trying to get the crowd fired up.

Classless Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smack66 View Post
Bruins fan here but have to agree with this statement. It was a fight nothing more. I don't think this effects Komi in any way. Still a rock solid defenceman that every team in the NHL would like to have.
Including the Bruins.

Alan Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
I never said there was anything wrong with the way Komi plays the game. I love big tough d-men who play with a mean streak. But don't be a *****. Go after star players, that's all good, don't run away when the goons come calling however.
Almost stopped reading there. Let's not dignify the 'stand up to goons' comment & move on...

Quote:
Play hard, play mean, and back it up once in a while. That,s what Komi did and I give him kudos for that, he obviously understands the code better than you.

D-men actually answered the bell in the 80's-90's. When you took liberties with star players there was a goon in your face next shift pummeling your face in, there was no instigator and twice as much fights. If a guy started punching Gretzky in the head McSorley or Smenko would come off the bench to take your head off. What is so hard to understand?
That's where I stopped reading. You're all over the place, you need to resort to exaggerations without citing specific examples of 'liberties' being taken. I talk about how defencemen can't get away with the things they used to in the 80's, you use it as an example...

3 years ago the NHL cracked down on all slashes, cross-checks & even the punches to the head(lousy buggers). Komisarek's aggressive game isn't nearly as bad as what you would have people believe. It's definitely not dirty enough to warrant goons coming after him like he was Jarko Ruutu.

I'd rather not talk to a wall. Good day to you.

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 11-15-2008 at 04:29 PM.
Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:49 AM
wandk128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
After watching lucic pound one of our most important defensemen and a fan favorite, at the end of a 6-1 rout AND then celebrate, there's some emotion clouding the argument. Basically we want lucic bloodied ASAP and BGL is the only guy on our roster who can do it.

That aside, if the habs want to avoid having lucic "in their heads" they need to step up and play inspired hockey. The brand of hockey they've managed to play against boston the past year or so and boston has rarely found an answer for. I think if they manage to work hard and play a game with speed and skill, like they were built (and coached) to, lucic becomes pretty irrelevant. I'm sure carbo is telling his troops that and not figuring out how to lure lucic into a fight with big george. If BGL waits until the habs are up by 4 goals in the third, lucic will be pissed enough to dance just like Komi was regardless of the opponent.

This rivalry is awesome.
Very smart post.

wandk128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:57 AM
wandk128

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgallantx View Post
I never saw a chicken dance after the fight, all I saw was waving his arms up and down to get the crowd going. If it was a challenge to the Habs bench well he'll have to his head on a swivel next game.

As for "it goes both ways" that is an argument that will just go in circles because now Lucic isn't worth BGL, as Komi wasn't worth Lucic...Only a lopsided score will see a tilt. But I would predict it will be both teams top enforcers going Thornton vs. BGL not BGL vs. Lucic because Julien probably won't let it happen. Just as Carbo shouldn't want Komi going w/ Lucic......It's all games within games....
Lots of it didn't get on the NESN broadcast, not sure about RDS or whoever covers it from the Habs side. It was after a little shoving match between the 2, Lucic somewhat "mocked" Komisarek to the crowd, I believe it was in the 1st. I don't think there was any taunting done to the bench after the fight, just some real enthusiasm from Lucic after a fight he had been anticipating for a while.

Last edited by wandk128: 11-16-2008 at 04:03 AM.
wandk128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:04 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
Yes, indeed.

When the team goes to bars his team-mates look MUCH more attractive when he is around. True contributor.
Hey, don't hurt Lucic's feelings - not nice.

I actually think Lucic is a good player, but he's doesn't exactly score enough to be considered a top player. He's not Cam Neely. Maybe in the future? Who knows?

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:07 PM
reffree

[QUOTE=Beakermania;16332091]KOMISAREK IS NOT A FIGHTER... just cause you are big doesn't make you a fighter... Komisarek didn't want to fight anyone on the bruins... he wasn't challenging the guys he thinks he can beat and avoiding the guys he can't.

QUOTE]

There's a lot of guy Lucic can beat on your roster and Lucic will never challenge them too. Why it's so hard for you to admit Lucic and Komisarek has an history ?

reffree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by xgallantx View Post
I never saw a chicken dance after the fight, all I saw was waving his arms up and down to get the crowd going. If it was a challenge to the Habs bench well he'll have to his head on a swivel next game.
He's done the chicken dance stuff if other games against the Habs. He only did the fist pump stuff this game.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote