HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Halak in goal vs Flyers.

Old
11-15-2008, 12:04 PM
thrillhous

vCash: 500
It's easy for a coach to blame something that he has no control over so he looks better.

thrillhous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 05:05 PM
Shabutie

We lose tonight....I have very little faith in Halak.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 05:09 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Good for you....wear a Flyers jersey while you're at it.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 05:12 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Good for you.. go watch another game.. we don't want non-believers here tonight.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 05:12 PM
znk

Quote:
I have little faith in the team right now. And personaly I think he's pretty much been the equal of Price so far.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 05:33 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I have little faith in the team right now. And personaly I think he's pretty much been the equal of Price so far.
Price didn't make any incredible saves or anything, but he was hung out to dry... Even if he played at his best last game...we still lose 4-1.

As for Halak...He's just not succesful against big gritty teams...

I'd put alot of money on us losing tonight and I usually never get this feeling. Even when we're in a huge slump.

Old
11-15-2008, 05:36 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Outside of the first two games, Halak has fought the puck and looked uncomfortable making every save. That's why I like Price, even when he's not on his game, the saves he does make never look uncomfortable.

But goaltending is not my concern, it's the rest of the team. Which is why I don't like Carbonneau's methods tonight. Goaltending has not cost us any games this season, it's simply been bad when the rest of the team's been bad. It hasn't stolen us any games, but was that ever the plan when you're making a team with three offensive lines? I thought the purpose was to outscore?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 05:37 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Good for you.. go watch another game.. we don't want non-believers here tonight.
Yes...mr king of habs fans...I'll do as you say.

Pft...I bleed habs....I'll watch every game and never cheer against the team. I just have a terrible feeling for tonights game.

So sue me.

Old
11-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Outside of the first two games, Halak has fought the puck and looked uncomfortable making every save. That's why I like Price, even when he's not on his game, the saves he does make never look uncomfortable.

But goaltending is not my concern, it's the rest of the team. Which is why I don't like Carbonneau's methods tonight. Goaltending has not cost us any games this season, it's simply been bad when the rest of the team's been bad. It hasn't stolen us any games, but was that ever the plan when you're making a team with three offensive lines? I thought the purpose was to outscore?
I really dislike Guy's quote of "We can't win games if we let in 4-5-6 goals"

It seems to put too much fault in the goalies hands. We can't win games if every one plays like ****... Price is hardly to blame for last game.

I'd really hope that one day Gainey returns behind the bench and for good. He's a better coach than GM and he was the best coach we had in the past 10+ years...Too bad it was short lived.

Old
11-15-2008, 06:06 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Yes...mr king of habs fans...I'll do as you say.

Pft...I bleed habs....I'll watch every game and never cheer against the team. I just have a terrible feeling for tonights game.

So sue me.
.. you're not so bad.. I just get pissed off when the same people say we are going to lose every night.. and your post is the one that I went off on. Sorry.

But seriously.. I go into every game with a mindset that we are going to win.. even if it's impossible. We could of the Bulldogs roster and face the Wings in a best of 7 series.. and I'm still going to pick my club to win everytime.

Old
11-15-2008, 06:07 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:

It seems to put too much fault in the goalies hands. We can't win games if every one plays like ****... Price is hardly to blame for last game.

I'd really hope that one day Gainey returns behind the bench and for good. He's a better coach than GM and he was the best coach we had in the past 10+ years...Too bad it was short lived.
Agreed. We can't win when our defense plays poorly. And to be fair, we have to cut them some slack to because our supposed elite forwards seem to enjoy turning the puck over more than shooting.

Old
11-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

I'd say Mr Price stole us a game in Minnesota. Remember the 10 penalty kills? Price was also amazing against Florida when we didn't deserve a win.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 06:36 PM
znk

Quote:
Price didn't make any incredible saves or anything, but he was hung out to dry... Even if he played at his best last game...we still lose 4-1.

As for Halak...He's just not succesful against big gritty teams...

I'd put alot of money on us losing tonight and I usually never get this feeling. Even when we're in a huge slump.
If halak had let in that first goal against Boston people would have cried that he doesnt make the big stops. That one was totaly stoppable. Price gets beat with a softy every game. EVERY GAME.

Old
11-15-2008, 06:38 PM
znk

Quote:

That was a comment on the team not the goalies. He's been preaching for the last couple of weeks defense first and goals will come just like last season. After the good game against Ottawa he was happy how the team played....those comments against boston were directed at the team.

Old
11-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Shabutie

Halak has been solid so far. He hasn't been very tested, but he's challenging the shooters and in always in a good position.

Can't be a bad thing if Halak gets on another 06-07 hot streak.