HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Bertuzzi for Thornthon?

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2004, 12:57 AM
bhj

vCash: 500
Bertuzzi for Thornthon?

I know this is stupid but i'm gona do it anyways....but i want bert to stay...would you guys trade Bert for Joe?

Deal-

Bert and 1st rounder for Thornton?

fire away

Old
07-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Ri hards

You'd be crazy to trade away a 1st rounder for next year...that being said, I'm not a big bertuzzi fan, but I'd try a straight up trade.

Old
07-11-2004, 01:12 AM
Youreallygotme

I doubt boston would go for it.

Old
07-11-2004, 01:19 AM
monster_bertuzzi

2005 draft will be one of the strongest in recent history, dont blow your 1st round pick. If anything, trade away your 2006 1st rounder.

Old
07-11-2004, 03:39 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
How many times is this going to be asked?

No. I see no reason to trade Bertuzzi at this point. Not for anyone.

Old
07-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Mizral

I wouldn't move Bertuzzi for Thornton straight across.

I think some people here really think Bertuzzi is going to fall off the wagon whereas I think he's going to come out on a house on fire. Bertuzzi is a much more feirce competitor than Thornton has shown to be. I think if we want to go far in the playoffs, we're much better off with Todd than we are with Joe.

Old
07-11-2004, 01:17 PM
BrooklynCanuck

Bertuzzi's value is as low as it's been in a few years. Why are we selling low? Bad business.

Old
07-11-2004, 01:18 PM
bert2nazzy

Send a message via MSN to bert2nazzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
How many times is this going to be asked?

No. I see no reason to trade Bertuzzi at this point. Not for anyone.

Old
07-11-2004, 01:32 PM
LaVal

for Thornthon? that sthounds really sthuper!

Old
07-11-2004, 01:34 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

Why trade someone when his stock is low??? That's poor economics.

But yes, for Thornton? Of course!

Old
07-11-2004, 01:56 PM
Impossibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
I wouldn't move Bertuzzi for Thornton straight across.

I think some people here really think Bertuzzi is going to fall off the wagon whereas I think he's going to come out on a house on fire. Bertuzzi is a much more feirce competitor than Thornton has shown to be. I think if we want to go far in the playoffs, we're much better off with Todd than we are with Joe.
I agree.

People also seem to have forgotten what Todd brings to the team. Yes he screwed up to a ridiculous degree, but when he plays he is, I think, the most physically dominating player in the game. When he wants to be, he is unstoppable to the point of no other player in the NHL. He's the Shaq of the NHL.

Old
07-11-2004, 03:06 PM
BrooklynCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin
Why trade someone when his stock is low??? That's poor economics.

But yes, for Thornton? Of course!
Do I hear an echo?

Old
07-11-2004, 05:14 PM
Canuck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles
I agree.

People also seem to have forgotten what Todd brings to the team. Yes he screwed up to a ridiculous degree, but when he plays he is, I think, the most physically dominating player in the game. When he wants to be, he is unstoppable to the point of no other player in the NHL. He's the Shaq of the NHL.
I am a big Canucks fan, and a Bertuzzi fan as well, but statements like this don't rest easy with me.

"When he wants to be" should not be acceptable, but for some reason is in Todds case. Far too many times did I watch Bertuzzi coast around the rink last year and it is very very upsetting knowing what he can, yet chooses not to bring to the table. What does it take to motivate this guy to play up to his level game in game out? He can be, and is the most dominant physical player in the league when he plays all out, yet chooses to do so only a handful of games a year. Why would he not want to wreck everyone, pour in the points, dominate the league if he is capable of doing it? I just don't understand....

Old
07-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Impossibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck09
I am a big Canucks fan, and a Bertuzzi fan as well, but statements like this don't rest easy with me.

"When he wants to be" should not be acceptable, but for some reason is in Todds case. Far too many times did I watch Bertuzzi coast around the rink last year and it is very very upsetting knowing what he can, yet chooses not to bring to the table. What does it take to motivate this guy to play up to his level game in game out? He can be, and is the most dominant physical player in the league when he plays all out, yet chooses to do so only a handful of games a year. Why would he not want to wreck everyone, pour in the points, dominate the league if he is capable of doing it? I just don't understand....
I really feel that Todd was ramping his play up for the playoffs. The season before he got hurt in the playoffs and the whole team was kind of out of gas when the playoffs started, because they were chasing the division title & personal goals. Of course I have nothing to substantiate this, but that's my opinion.

Old
07-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Larionov Fan

I agree with what a lot of people are saying, in that Bertuzzi is blatantly undervalued right now, and he does bring a lot to the team. That being said... did a lot of people read over the name too quickly and think it was Scott Thornton? This is Joe Thornton folks! Yes, Bertuzzi can be dominating, but so can Thornton, and on a more consistant basis. Joe Thornton is arguably the best forward in the game, and while many may also say Bertuzzi is, let's be honest... Thornton's attitude, while not perfect, is a large upgrade to Bertuzzi's. The only problem that might arise is Naslund's attitude towards a move like this. I think Boston would be silly to part with their franchise for Bertuzzi and a LOW first round draft pick in 2005. Unless our draft trends change, we will most likely use the pick for a 3rd line grinder or depth dman anyways... so that should be the clincher.

Old
07-12-2004, 01:35 AM
Russian_fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhj
I know this is stupid but i'm gona do it anyways....but i want bert to stay...would you guys trade Bert for Joe?

Deal-

Bert and 1st rounder for Thornton?

fire away
Sorry I'm not sure who Thorthon is....

Old
07-12-2004, 10:41 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Boston would not do the deal--they have too many holes

Closed Thread