HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Not Carbo Bashing but....

Old
11-15-2008, 08:58 PM
HockeyF3ind

vCash: 500
Not Carbo Bashing but....

Ya know I have a lot of respect for Carbo, I think he will be a great Coach for years too come, and could very well bring us to a cup soon....BUT my opinion is that Carbo has no or at least not enough balls when it comes to pulling the goalie....I dunno if any of you swicthed to the Vancouver : Toronto Game after ours ended.....but Carbo did not pull the goalie at any point during our power play starting at approximately 3 minutes to go ending at 1 min to go....where as Toronto pulled the goalie on a power play with approximately 4:30 mins to go when they were down 4:1....this really pisses me off....if your down by a goal(s) late in the game and you have a power play YOU PULL THE F@KIN GOALIE!!!!!WHY DOES CARBO ONLY WAIT TILL THERE IS NO TIME LEFT?????!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ??!!??!?!!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!!?

I'm still horse after yelling into my computer to PULL THE GOALIE!!!!

I'll also point out that while Toronto did not win....they did get a goal on that 6 on 4 with the amount of guys on the ice they had...

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:59 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I'm carbo bashing.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:02 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Ya know I have a lot of respect for Carbo, I think he will be a great Coach for years too come, and could very well bring us to a cup soon....BUT my opinion is that Carbo has no or at least not enough balls when it comes to pulling the goalie....I dunno if any of you swicthed to the Vancouver : Toronto Game after ours ended.....but Carbo did not pull the goalie at any point during our power play starting at approximately 3 minutes to go ending at 1 min to go....where as Toronto pulled the goalie on a power play with approximately 4:30 mins to go when they were down 4:1....this really pisses me off....if your down by a goal(s) late in the game and you have a power play YOU PULL THE F@KIN GOALIE!!!!!WHY DOES CARBO ONLY WAIT TILL THERE IS NO TIME LEFT?????!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ??!!??!?!!??!!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!!?

I'll also point out that while Toronto did not win....they did get a goal on that 6 on 4 with the amount of guys on the ice they had...
That last PP was disgusting, an extra player wouldn't have made any difference, and an empty net goal would have resulted, IMO.

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:05 PM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
That last PP was disgusting, an extra player wouldn't have made any difference, and an empty net goal would have resulted, IMO.
The quality of the PP is irrelevant, if you are down goal(s), in the last 2 minutes, on the PP and have the puck in their zone, and even have merely tenuous control....you pull the goalie ...no brainer. Carbo did not, and that was a massive error IMO.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:08 PM
WeThreeKings

Carbonneau didn't even take a time out to organize the PP. To come to think of it.

Old
11-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Chomsky

At least bring better arguments. Pulling the goalie is minor. But yes, he's not looking great these days.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:09 PM
BigTimer*

Carbo has no brains. It's that simple. His mind can't keep up with the speed of the game.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:11 PM
dre2112

Carbo sucks. Fire him NOW

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:12 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Carbonneau didn't even take a time out to organize the PP. To come to think of it.
And when Philly took a timeout, he did nothing but stand there and wait it out. Not a word to his team... no orders for either Jarvis or Muller to say anything either.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:13 PM
la25ecoupe

Carbo is SOFT. I said it after game 10. And i'll say it again now.

Carbo has no whip. I'll send him one for Christmas.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:13 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
And when Philly took a timeout, he did nothing but stand there and wait it out. Not a word to his team... no orders for either Jarvis or Muller to say anything either.
He only has to say something when we take a penalty.

Like when Plekanec hit the guy from behind.

He argues the most blatant calls.

Old
11-15-2008, 09:14 PM
MathMan

Quote:
That would have been a waste of a timeout. The penalty coincided with a commercial break. He had his chance to organize his PP and save his timeout; if he'd had another offensive zone faceoff he could have used it then.

Thank goodness he is the coach and you aren't huh?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:16 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
That would have been a waste of a timeout. The penalty coincided with a commercial break. He had his chance to organize his PP and save his timeout; if he'd had another offensive zone faceoff he could have used it then.

Thank goodness he is the coach and you aren't huh?
There were whistles between the penalty and the end of the game. It's not like we can save time outs and use as many as we want next game.

Old
11-15-2008, 09:17 PM
LastRide

Guy can't coach a Pee-Wee team.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:19 PM
MathMan

Quote:
There were whistles between the penalty and the end of the game. It's not like we can save time outs and use as many as we want next game.
There were, in fact, no faceoffs between the penalty to Carter and the end of the game. Which you can verify by reading the official game log:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/PL020242.HTM

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:

there will always be coach bashing in this market when the team is not playing well.

it was no different in 06/07. The bashers were hibernating in 07/08 because the team was winning. In this market, if you win games, there's no 2nd guessing... it doesn't matter if its guy carbonneau or scotty bowman.

Hackett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:21 PM
m00ks

Well he's allowed a time out and there HAS to be moments in the game where he could have used it to benefit the team other than letting it go to waste. That said, I'm still down with Carbs. I can't say I'd do a better job so how can I hate.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:21 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:

If you could save timeouts, Carbonneau would have close to 200.

Nashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:26 PM
Krautso

I just don't know how this team can put that kind of effort out while watching your 175lbs captain leave it all on the ice like that. This team is playing like when they had the flu two years ago. Just a complete lack of energy and concentration.

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:

This is ridiculous. If Carbo pulls the goalie with 3 minutes left and Philly scores an empty netter on that PK, Carbo will be the joke of the NHL (he'll take Tampa Bay off the hook). The Leafs were in a different situation as they were down by more than one goal.

And by the way, your subject heading is misleading because you are Carbo bashing. At least bash him about something legit.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:29 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I'm carbo bashing.
WTK....you know that at one point, you will need to come with replacement ideas.....'cause you could easily fire somebody, but don't tell me Gainey is coming back again....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:31 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
WTK....you know that at one point, you will need to come with replacement ideas.....'cause you could easily fire somebody, but don't tell me Gainey is coming back again....
I wish Gainey would come back behind the bench. I've always liked Ted Nolan, I know you might laugh because he got fired by the Islanders. I'm trying to think of some coaches who can actually instill a work ethic in a talented team.

Old
11-15-2008, 09:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I'm trying to think of some coaches who can actually instill a work ethic in a talented team.
....and speak french. Sorry but even if we like it or not, he just has to. The only bilingual available guy right now is Bob Hartley. I have a lot of faith in Benoit Groulx but we might have been the rookie way a little too much in the past years....So with that in mind, there's not a lot of options.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:35 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
....and speak french. Sorry but even if we like it or not, he just has to. The only bilingual available guy right now is Bob Hartley. I have a lot of faith in Benoit Groulx but we might have been the rookie way a little too much in the past years....So with that in mind, there's not a lot of options.
Speaking french should not be a prerequisite, it may just be why we have had horrible coaching since I can remember aside from Bob Gainey.

Old
11-15-2008, 09:35 PM
speed11

Quote:
I wish Gainey would come back behind the bench. I've always liked Ted Nolan, I know you might laugh because he got fired by the Islanders. I'm trying to think of some coaches who can actually instill a work ethic in a talented team.
i agree with you there, Nolan is all about work ethic, and it actually showed with the Isles last year if you watched em at all last year, lacked the skill end of things, and somehow, Nolan gets the ax.

...and answer your PM >:O

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote