HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not Carbo Bashing but....

Old
11-15-2008, 09:36 PM
HockeyF3ind

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett View Post
there will always be coach bashing in this market when the team is not playing well.

it was no different in 06/07. The bashers were hibernating in 07/08 because the team was winning. In this market, if you win games, there's no 2nd guessing... it doesn't matter if its guy carbonneau or scotty bowman.
Yes but as the title states I'm not bashing him....the job of a coach is certainly tough and I think 95% of the time Carbo does a great job...let me say that again A GREAT JOB. But I have been under the assumption ever since playing hockey and watching it that pulling the goalie late in the game when you have the PP and are down goals is the easiest gamble/decision you can make. We had it in there zone for like 30+ secs....easily enough time....I almost went horse screaming "pull the goalie!!!!" I couldn't believe it and then when the stream i was watching switched to the Toronto Vancouver game they did exactly what I was screaming before...and it worked!

And we had it in there zone with less than two minutes left.....the pp...and control...still no goalie pull

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Jean-Guy Drouin*

Carbo should use Laraque time to time with SAku and Tanguay for exemple. or with Kovy and Plekanec. For a few shifts, not the whole game, of course! It may help by giving more intensity to players.

Jean-Guy Drouin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:39 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
There were, in fact, no faceoffs between the penalty to Carter and the end of the game. Which you can verify by reading the official game log:

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...9/PL020242.HTM
WTK's trying to set a record for the most errors in one thread.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:40 PM
Erika

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I'm carbo bashing.

What he said...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Speaking french should not be a prerequisite, it may just be why we have had horrible coaching since I can remember aside from Bob Gainey.
Former Habs french speaking coaches Julien, Therrien, Vigneault and Lemaire aren't doing too shabby.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:45 PM
la25ecoupe

I always do that in NHL 94. Maybe i should be coach.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyF3ind View Post
Yes but as the title states I'm not bashing him....the job of a coach is certainly tough and I think 95% of the time Carbo does a great job...let me say that again A GREAT JOB. But I have been under the assumption ever since playing hockey and watching it that pulling the goalie late in the game when you have the PP and are down goals is the easiest gamble/decision you can make. We had it in there zone for like 30+ secs....easily enough time....I almost went horse screaming "pull the goalie!!!!" I couldn't believe it and then when the stream i was watching switched to the Toronto Vancouver game they did exactly what I was screaming before...and it worked!

And we had it in there zone with less than two minutes left.....the pp...and control...still no goalie pull
did the habs even set up on that PP? I just remember a whole lot of fail.

Wilson pulled a marc crawford special in the leafs/canucks game. Crawford used to pull the goalie super early when he would be down by 3 going on the PP. There is a surprise factor there that works. This game was a lot closer though.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:48 PM
Cyrrus147

Stop blaming Carbo, you will make him lose his concentration and he won't remember which line is after the 2nd one

Look, I can coach in the NHL !!

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
I hear Melrose is available.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:54 PM
GoHabsGO252006

Carbo is not impressing me at all. The team looks very disorganized, whether its 5 on 5 or on the PP.

The forwards are floating at center ice and teh Dmen have nobody to pass to, it's downright simple coaching and Carbo does not make the adjustment. The team has no game plan, every line looks like they are doing whatever they want.

When teams are trapping you should dump and chase did anybody do that? only the fourth line, and saku line in the last 10 minutes.

He shuffles the lines in a strange way too, Higgins Plex Kovy?

Why not go with Plex and the Kostytsins and move Lang and Kovy together. Very frustrating to watch tonight, I hope they get it together soon.

GoHabsGO252006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Stan

Carbo handled it correctly. The fact that the team is playing like crap has very little to do with Carbo. We're too soft up front.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:17 PM
BadHabit

Quote:
I'm carbo bashing.
I'm with ya... and have been for quite awhile now.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
I've never thought much of Carbonneau as a coach and I continue to disagree with most of his decisions, but I don't put our pathetic play this season on his shoulders.

We're not losing because of tactical blunders, a mediocre powerplay, or because we take too many penalties. We're losing because there's very, very little effort out there. I guess you can say Carbo should be a better motivator, but there's only so much you can do...the players have to work a hell of a lot harder than they have been so far. Has the team quit on him? Who knows -- I thought they had right around Christmas last year and then all of a sudden they started playing well...hopefully they wake up again.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Former Habs french speaking coaches Julien, Therrien, Vigneault and Lemaire aren't doing too shabby.
You're kidding right? Is there a single pens fan who doesn't want the man fired?

None of those guys have done anything either.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:21 AM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Carbo has no brains. It's that simple. His mind can't keep up with the speed of the game.

If you are as smart as you think you are you would know that is NOT true. Do you honestly think we are going to believe you are smarter, and know more about coaching the Habs than Carbo?

If you are really a Habs fan what do you LIKE about the team?

What fan always puts his own team down?

All I see you doing is running the players, coach, GM, and team down.

Are you really a know it all like you think you are???????

Last edited by Kosti46: 11-16-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:25 AM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
Carbo should use Laraque time to time with SAku and Tanguay for exemple. or with Kovy and Plekanec. For a few shifts, not the whole game, of course! It may help by giving more intensity to players.
I'm sorry but GL is not what I would call an intense player. He's more like a huge monster slowly approaching you in a scary way, but in no way is he intense like Begin his or Lapierre sometime is. It would slow down the whole line..

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:53 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
Carbo is SOFT. I said it after game 10. And i'll say it again now.

Carbo has no whip. I'll send him one for Christmas.
His no whip method was a big reason why we ended up first last year. He managed his team well, giving them enough ropes to make the plays they wanted, going nuts with their skills yet not too much ropes so they could hang themselves. And it worked! All he's asking is be creative when you have the puck and backcheck and play a good position game when you don't have it. Why is that so difficult to play like this this year?

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:57 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
You're kidding right? Is there a single pens fan who doesn't want the man fired?

I think Therrien has done a fantastic job with the Pens. Instilling a focus, a work ethic and a system to a team that didn't have any when he came in was an enormous feat. And they went to the Stanley Cup finals last year. Injuries and losing half their players in one season is not the coach's fault.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 04:16 AM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
His no whip method was a big reason why we ended up first last year. He managed his team well, giving them enough ropes to make the plays they wanted, going nuts with their skills yet not too much ropes so they could hang themselves. And it worked! All he's asking is be creative when you have the puck and backcheck and play a good position game when you don't have it. Why is that so difficult to play like this this year?
Exactly.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 04:49 AM
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 05:39 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
He's doing the exact same thing this year, rolling all his lines in order, one after the other... never pulling the goalie... never ask for a timeout... etc...

Carbonneau is no better - no worse than last season...

difference is, we don't have a PP averaging a goal a game now...
we don't have a PP that will give us 3 goals in 10 minutes to kill any momentum the opponent have... we don't have a PP to get us win after win even when we're playing like sh**... we do not have a PP that instill fear (of losing) in the opponent's mind...

By the end of the season last year, every single team we faced knew that even if they played a perfect game, they could still lose to us if taking two or three penalty in a game...

This year, opposing players can do whatever they want, they have nothing to fear... taking two minutes ? who cares, Habs won't score anyway...

Carbs and his A have no choices now, their weapon is gone, they HAVE TO adjust... they make the necessary adjustment and we'll go back to winning on a regular basis, they dont and we'll have to fight for a playoff spot... as simple as that.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 05:44 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
I think Therrien has done a fantastic job with the Pens. Instilling a focus, a work ethic and a system to a team that didn't have any when he came in was an enormous feat. And they went to the Stanley Cup finals last year. Injuries and losing half their players in one season is not the coach's fault.
The guy isnt very popular because of his personality, but I agree... he did GREAT so far with the Pens.

Even this year, with the injuries to Withney and Gonchar... 7-2-1 record in their last 10 games...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 05:56 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I hear Melrose is available.
LOL !!! Omg no plz !!!

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:48 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Stop blaming Carbo, you will make him lose his concentration and he won't remember which line is after the 2nd one

Look, I can coach in the NHL !!
Are all of you 2148 posts as good as this one?

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Cyrrus147

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
Are all of you 2148 posts as good as this one?
lol this guy is on my case today !

Yea, don't worry, they are all that good.

You know, there is a beautiful function call ignore poster if you don't like my post instead of using more bandwidth to tell me how much you love me

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote