HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 10 Rumors

Old
11-15-2008, 07:57 PM
Nikita Filatov*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Lou (or any GM for that matter) isn't stupid enough to acquire a goaltender that has been on the downfall since his SC win with Tampa and has a cap hit of 6.75M$ for a one on one deal. Who ever is gonna get Khabybulin is also getting something else... you can bank on that !!!
So what would the point of trading Khabi AND a great asset like Barker JUST to get rid of his contract that expires after this season? He's playing very well right now and if he were traded all they would have to take bad is another contract along with a prospect or draft pick.

It's pretty simple, IMO...The Hawks are not gonna pay a team (especially with someone of Barkers potential) to take a goalie who is playing great right now.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 07:58 PM
BearChi

gomez to calgary we be crazy !

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Stuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
So what would the point of trading Khabi AND a great asset like Barker JUST to get rid of his contract that expires after this season? He's playing very well right now and if he were traded all they would have to take bad is another contract along with a prospect or draft pick.

It's pretty simple, IMO...The Hawks are not gonna pay a team (especially with someone of Barkers potential) to take a goalie who is playing great right now.
If the Hawks want to get rid of Habby the just send him to the minors and ride out the year.

11-15-2008, 08:07 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
The only way Chicago is getting rid of Khabibulin's contract is if they add something to sweeten the deal... that sugar is Cam Barker.
While this may have been true at some point, it isn't remotely close to the truth now.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:10 PM
SCinSJ
Sith Lord Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Dallas can't afford John Madden.
Neither can San Jose.

SCinSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:16 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy4hart View Post
gomez to calgary we be crazy !
Question about your avvy, isn't that Iggy getting beat up by Beauch? If so, why, as a guy who clearly loves Iggy, would you put that as it?

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:52 PM
LeafsGetTavares*

Anyone agree if he is right about Antropov and Gaborik?

Maybe...
Antropov and 1st with Mitchell
Gaborik and a 2nd

I think if Leafs get Gaborik they are also gonna get Sundin

Its both or nothing i think

LeafsGetTavares* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:54 PM
ugotmybeef*

Fletcher is not going to trade for star players at the expense of youth or high draft picks.

ugotmybeef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:54 PM
LeafsGetTavares*

Ya but Burke will

LeafsGetTavares* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:06 PM
ImpressedDAHagent
Go sabres

what the heck does this mean?
#10 Alexandre Radulov is campaigning to return to the NHL and to be moved to the Capitals. As is Afingoenov.

max is returning to the nhl ? crazy.

ImpressedDAHagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:10 PM
devs4L

While I agree Khabibulin has more value now than he did at the beginning of the season, he still isn't any where near worth 6.75 million. You have to keep the enormous cap hit the other team would be taking on in mind.

Plus, not even a quarter of a season of solid play isn't enough to make him no longer a risk for any team that takes him on. The first time he changed environments proved to be costly for him, and he's struggled to recover since. It's entirely possible that he starts to play poorly again for any team that he goes to. The risk of a team trading value for and possibly being stuck with a near 7 million dollar cap hit that isn't playing well, is still enough to hurt Khabibulin's value in a trade.

If Chicago saw the opportunity to get a top-6 forward, a good prospect, and a pick back while managing to shed bulin's gigantic cap hit, I doubt they'd hang up upon the other GM mentioning Barker's name.

devs4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:15 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Greg deVries is essentially the opposite of what Ottawa needs.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:34 PM
State of Hockey

A couple of them are OK (#6, for example), but most are horrible. Take #2. Khabibulin AND Barker? Who's coming to Chicago? Parise? And a Vermette/de Vries swap is horrible for the Sens. It's not "I would think the Preds would have to sweeten the pot". It's "The Preds WILL have to sweeten the pot".

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:47 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by devs4L View Post
While I agree Khabibulin has more value now than he did at the beginning of the season, he still isn't any where near worth 6.75 million. You have to keep the enormous cap hit the other team would be taking on in mind.

Plus, not even a quarter of a season of solid play isn't enough to make him no longer a risk for any team that takes him on. The first time he changed environments proved to be costly for him, and he's struggled to recover since. It's entirely possible that he starts to play poorly again for any team that he goes to. The risk of a team trading value for and possibly being stuck with a near 7 million dollar cap hit that isn't playing well, is still enough to hurt Khabibulin's value in a trade.

If Chicago saw the opportunity to get a top-6 forward, a good prospect, and a pick back while managing to shed bulin's gigantic cap hit, I doubt they'd hang up upon the other GM mentioning Barker's name.
It's an expiring contract, it's not a risk.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Piffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by devs4L View Post

Chicago doesn't have to make any moves right now. They are 6th in the west with 2-3 games in hand over everyone else in the top 8 except 1 team. They are in the driver's seat for any trade they make. They are not going to trade a 22 year old almost point per game defenseman to "dump" a goalie that is playing some awesome hockey. Habby's value is growing every day and Tallon is one of the most patient GMs I've ever seen. I don't see anyone on the Devils worth trading Habby and Barker for except Parise and we know he isn't getting traded. Gionta is barely worth what he's making. We can't afford Elias' contract going forward. I'd love to have Madden, but he isn't worth Barker.

Piffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Ol Dirty Bstrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post
A couple of them are OK (#6, for example), but most are horrible. Take #2. Khabibulin AND Barker? Who's coming to Chicago? Parise? And a Vermette/de Vries swap is horrible for the Sens. It's not "I would think the Preds would have to sweeten the pot". It's "The Preds WILL have to sweeten the pot".
Parise for Khabi and Barker? Get real, not even close

Ol Dirty Bstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmanian Devil View Post
Parise for Khabi and Barker? Get real, not even close
That's almost as bad as Barker and Khabi for Gionta.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:01 AM
JTG

Get your boots on...the **** is getting deep.

JTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:36 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpressedDAHagent View Post
what the heck does this mean?
#10 Alexandre Radulov is campaigning to return to the NHL and to be moved to the Capitals. As is Afingoenov.

max is returning to the nhl ? crazy.
No, he just wants to be moved to the Capitals.

mouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:14 AM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan1 View Post
That's almost as bad as Barker and Khabi for Gionta.
exactly...

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:20 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
Radulov making a comeback would make me throwup. He should simply be banned from the NHL for his actions.
Jeez, save the drama for your mamma. Some of you people who over react to what Radulov did need to give it a rest. He's not the first hockey player who ever skipped out on a contract with one league to sign with another. I remember when defectors from the old Czechoslovakia and Russia used to do it all the time to jump to the NHL. Now that someone from the NHL has done the opposite, all of a sudden it's a big deal. Get over it.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 04:55 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

#1. Burke is going to bring about change in Toronto by bringing one of the biggest fixtures of the Leafs' organization for the last decade? Who does he think he is, Barack Obama?
#2. That would be a horrifically short-sighted move on the part of the Devils. Do they even have the cap space for something like that?
#3. Will Nylander waive his NMC? I haven't seen/heard anything that would lead me to believe one way or the other.
#4. Well, Foppa's foot is gone, looks like his judgement is next. Why would Forsberg have ANY interest in a team that might not make the playoffs, let alone contend for a Cup? The man needs to retire, and stay that way.
#5.
#6. I guess this one was to generate hits.
#7. Dallas should have ZERO interest in Madden, and I don't know if the Sharks even have the cap space. He would be a nice addition for them, though, if they're serious about a Cup run and the Devils think they're out.
#8. If this happens, I've got this great beach-front property in Omaha for Brian Murray. No, seriously, this trade could be the darkest chapter in the Ottawa Senators' modern history. De Vries is slow and unreliable even in his own end. He doesn't play the body enough. He's arguably less useful than Andy Wozniewski.
#9. If Snow has a brain in his head, he won't do this. The Isles are rebuilding, so they'll just take their lumps and take Hedman.
#10. Is this because he wants to play with Alexandre Ovechkin? Or Alexandre Semin? This is ridiculouse.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:37 AM
Tra La La

The Sabres would Give Afinogenov to the Caps. But the Nylander thing would have to happen 1st. Cap space.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:31 AM
AlMo

Where does this bozo get this crap from? I think any one of us can have a blog if all it takes is making up a bunch of crap.

1. I hope Burke isn't that stupid!

2. Brodeur will eventually come back, can't see Lou giving his future back up 6+ million.

3. The Nucks are heavily involved in the Sundin sweepstakes, until that is resolved, forget Nylander.

4. Forsberg should call it a career. I don't think I can handle another "where will Forsberg land" situation.

5. Don't know why the Rangers would move Gomez to bring in Mats

6. Two weeks eh? Whatever you say. Antropov is going to be a UFA in the offseason as well, why do the Wild do this?

7. Madden is not going anywhere

8. Vermette for DeVries? WTF?

9. The Isles don't need an NHL goaltender....they need John Tavares or Viktor Hedman

10. Let Radulov rot. First he takes off to Russia while under contract and now wants to dictate where he goes in the NHL. I can really see Poile meeting his demands

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:20 AM
Tra La La

Multi player 3 way trade Buffalo/Washington/Vancouver?

Afinogenov/Nylander/?

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote