HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else not panicking?

Old
11-15-2008, 09:30 PM
couz

vCash: 500
It would be a little shortsighted to think that these things dont come up in the minds of certain players.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:34 PM
m00ks

Who panics in November? Philly hit rock bottom in February last season and they rallied to all the way to the ECF. So again, whose panicking?

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:38 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Who panics in November? Philly hit rock bottom in February last season and they rallied to all the way to the ECF. So again, whose panicking?
I'm not panicking but I'm frustrated.
I really expected better.
Right now we don't look like a better team than last year.
When the opponents play the tight intense playoff type of game Habs the offense disappear.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
It would be a little shortsighted to think that these things dont come up in the minds of certain players.
Of course it does, but it has nothing to do with our situation.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:42 PM
speed11

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
I'm not panicking but I'm frustrated.
I really expected better.
Right now we don't look like a better team than last year.
When the opponents play the tight intense playoff type of game Habs the offense disappear.
we look worse than last year right now if you ask me, the team was at least consistent last year, i don't think we lost 3 games in a row...once.

this inconsistency is so frustrating...maybe our december-january slump came early this year...who knows...

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:44 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
If that is the case, get them out of here. I can live without Kovalev, Plekanec and the brothers.
Kovy... yes...

A little early to throw out the others....

any replace them with who???????????????

top 6 talent doesn't grow on trees!

You have to sign high piced free agents..and as we've seen before; there is no guarantee that they want to come here!!!!!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:54 PM
la25ecoupe

Ups and down. Now it's down

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:08 PM
znk

I'm definetaly not not panicking.

Last edited by znk: 11-15-2008 at 10:26 PM.
znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:16 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Not yet but if these next 2 road games go anything like the last 2, I'll be panicking indeed.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Kurt Sexington*

Panicking right now would be retarded. We're still well above .500 and the season is long enough that teams can go through extended slumps (which we aren't in anyways) and still come out in decent shape at the end of the regular season.
I will say, however, that the way we played in losses to Philly, Boston, and Toronto worries me because there isn't really a reason we should be losing to these teams, let alone getting blown out by the Bruins and the Leafs. To me it shows a mix or poor preparation and execution which has been apparent on the ice.

Maybe Carbo should start taking the Ron Wilson approach and benching some peeps.

Kurt Sexington* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Hab Shark
Better call Saul

It's just a slump, every team needs to go through it, over the coarse of the long season. AK's bell is probably still ringing, Pleks needs to pick his game up and I say bring up MaxPac to jump start the "O" a little. No need to panic yet!

Hab Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:50 PM
habsbest2008*

lol...

habsbest2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:08 AM
TomPlex

I'm sure that this has been said before in this thread, but this team doesn't actually require one single addition to be considered cup contenders. As a matter of fact, this team CAN be slated to win it all.

It's very simple: they have to want it. They have to want it so badly that it lights a fire under the ***** of each and every player on this team. Every single night, they have to go out and give 100%. They need to work hard. They have to out-hustle players for the puck. They have to put a lot of pressure on the opposing defense. They need to skate as fast as they can. And they need to communicate.

These are all skills that they possess (speed being their most valuable asset) and things that we KNOW they can do. We've seen it before on countless occasions last season. There have only really been 3 games all season that we've seen it: Phoenix, Minnesota and Ottawa. In those games, the players were winning races, causing turnovers and capitalizing on their scoring chances because they had an incredible desire to win. The Minnesota game is a special case, because we weren't really given much opportunity to score, but we really showed a team game by killing off all of those penalties in the second period.

That's all there is to it folks. And the only reason why I'm worried slightly is because this team has a history of not giving 100%. I'm always slightly envious of Leafs fans because almost every game the Leafs come out and give 100% no matter how ****** their lineup is.

Wake up, and smell the Stanley Cup Finals, Les Habitants.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Rayne*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Not yet but if these next 2 road games go anything like the last 2, I'll be panicking indeed.
Same.

Rayne* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:20 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
we look worse than last year right now if you ask me, the team was at least consistent last year, i don't think we lost 3 games in a row...once.

this inconsistency is so frustrating...maybe our december-january slump came early this year...who knows...
It's not because the new players aren't providing what was expected from them... It's because the youngest players and Kovalev and Komisarek are not playing anywhere close to what they were last year.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:26 AM
Istvan

still not panicking. I think I may be too lazy. Panicking takes effort.

Istvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:22 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istvan View Post
still not panicking. I think I may be too lazy. Panicking takes effort.
Guys who panic are a pain in the ass. You ever watch a game with these guys that get mad at every botched pass, evry missed play ? Fun to be around ehhh ?

Last year, the ahbs made a statement, 'look at who we are, what we can do, we're the real thing now'

The league has answered, 'ok, we know who you are, this is how we'll stop you'

Now the team has to counter what's being done. Koivu's right, if a play isn't there, don't try and make that play. If you have to get it in deep, do so.

I'm sick of this Kovalev isn't showing up crap. He's working hard, just not well. A few others are confused by what they're facing and aren't adjusting.

If the team is as good as most of us think, they'll figure it out, simplify things and be willing to play low scoring games until they find ways to impose their talent on the game.

Panic is bad for me though, elevates my blood pressure, creates dizziness, not a good thing.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:26 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
I'm not panicking because I know this is all part of Gainey's plan.

He has been drugging the Gatorade bottles on the bench so the players lose their coordination skills and under-perform. He will then be able to sign them at a discount this off-season.

It hasn't affected Koivu because he doesn't need liquids to sustain himself, he feeds off energy.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:29 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I'm not panicking because I know this is all part of Gainey's plan.

He has been drugging the Gatorade bottles on the bench so the players lose their coordination skills and under-perform. He will then be able to sign them at a discount this off-season.

It hasn't affected Koivu because he doesn't need liquids to sustain himself, he feeds off energy.
Finns'll drink anything.

Old
11-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Finns'll drink anything.
I will admit, it's been a while since I've taken basic Finn biology.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:39 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogurt View Post
I will admit, it's been a while since I've taken basic Finn biology.
and they tell you, don't be a racist, Finns are like you and I, yeah right.

Old
11-16-2008, 02:45 PM
Next Best Thing*

I was at the game last night, glad I got to see them come flat live as opposed to the last 3 games (excluding Ottawa who is probably worse than TO at this point). I'm not in panic mode yet but getting there, more mad than anything. Ugh..

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:02 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Guys who panic are a pain in the ass. You ever watch a game with these guys that get mad at every botched pass, evry missed play ? Fun to be around ehhh ?

Last year, the ahbs made a statement, 'look at who we are, what we can do, we're the real thing now'

The league has answered, 'ok, we know who you are, this is how we'll stop you'

Now the team has to counter what's being done. Koivu's right, if a play isn't there, don't try and make that play. If you have to get it in deep, do so.

I'm sick of this Kovalev isn't showing up crap. He's working hard, just not well. A few others are confused by what they're facing and aren't adjusting.

If the team is as good as most of us think, they'll figure it out, simplify things and be willing to play low scoring games until they find ways to impose their talent on the game.

Panic is bad for me though, elevates my blood pressure, creates dizziness, not a good thing.
Excellent post. Of everyone that posts here, if I had to pick one person to sit down, watch a game, have a few beers and talk hockey, there's little doubt in my mind it would be you.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:06 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Excellent post. Of everyone that posts here, if I had to pick one person to sit down, watch a game, have a few beers and talk hockey, there's little doubt in my mind it would be you.
AD's better, he not really, but he brings his wife and she's very attarctive.

Old
11-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:
AD's better, he not really, but he brings his wife and she's very attarctive.
ROFL...

pics or i call fake!!!

Cupmonger is offline   Reply With Quote