HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

11/15/2008 Predators at Kings

Old
11-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
11/15/2008 Predators at Kings

Rinne should be in. We are coming off two huge road wins in OT against the Sharks and the Ducks. If we made it 3 in a row in California, you have to be somewhat pleased with this road trip (despite its rocky beginning in Canada).

Game starts at 10:30 ET/9:30 Central

LETS GET IT ON!

11-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm loving the enthusiasm for this game . Alright, so I know my thread is pretty lackluster, but come on - zero replies? Predictions?

I say 3-1 Preds. Kopitar puts one in for the Kings, Dumont scores for the second straight game, Weber buries one, and Legwand finds the back of the net.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:32 PM
OpenWheel

I have no idea. Can't figure out this team. Come back soon Erat. (edit: he's on the ice, sweeet!)

Legwand has looked like he's been really hustling the last couple games. The earlier games he had a couple where he coasted. I also think he may find the net, or assist on a couple.

Is Rinne in net? I assume so. He's been shakey, but I like his style and figure he's due for a complete performance. (Ellis. That's cool too...)

If we keep going to the net we could win it. Been a long swing and we don't look competitive on speed unless we hustle. We did last game.

I like what both Jones and Ward have brought this year. At least they both seem willing to do what it takes even if not supposedly so talented. If they play I won't be surprised for one of them to bag a goal.

Come on Preds! Bring it!

I hope we get a great defensive effort, from the dee as well as the forwards. Saw that thing about the Kings allowing far fewer shots this year than last year. Maybe we'll have to play it close to the vest and capitalize and win a lower scoring game.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 11-15-2008 at 09:42 PM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Ellis is in.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:10 PM
Bourdon

Looks like Ellis is playing himself into form, which is good, because the Predators will need him this year.

You guys should stop injuring Bieksa though.

Bourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The Kings played a very good first period, and they showed why they are on a 4 game win streak. Still, Ellis kept us in it, and we were about 2 inches too low on a Bonk shot of being ahead by one. Lets see what the Preds can do here in the second.

Great first period by Ellis, who has looked quite sharp the last few games.

Old
11-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Okay, so I called the score, and I called two of the goal scorers. Since Weber's goal, was really a goal by Kopitar on his own empty net - I am making a ruling that I called 2.5 out of the 4 goals scored.

Oh - and I made out like a bandit in vbookie tonight

As for the game, it was very enjoyable. The Kings played a physical tough game. You have to be impressed with Doughty, who although he clearly lacks some polish defensively, looks to be a number 1 defenseman in the making. Ersberg, as always against us, was extremely good. I can't blame him on the 2 goals he gave up, both were practically unstoppable. Ellis was fantastic. His positioning may be the best out of any goaltender to suit up for the Predators. His rebound control may be one of the worst . I am still unimpressed by Devries/Zanon/Koistenen for large portions of the game, but as soon as I start yelling at them on TV, one of them makes something happen. Tonight it was Koistenen. Great hold in at the point, the subsequent shot on goal led to a great put in by Dumont.

Great finish to a long road trip. The Predators started off terribly, but they finished with three very good wins. 4-6-1 on the road sounds much better than 1-6-1. We currently have 19 points in 17 games which places us 7th in the Western Conference.

Old
11-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
That was a fun game, that bumb that Fiddler gave that other guy when we scored our empty netter was so funny. and that save Ersberg made on Erat was incredible.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:24 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

^ I think you meant bump, and yeah, the chest bump after the EN goal was one of the funniest things I have seen in awhile, especially given that no one knew how it went in!

Old
11-16-2008, 11:41 AM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
That was a fun game, that bumb that Fiddler gave that other guy when we scored our empty netter was so funny. and that save Ersberg made on Erat was incredible.
Erat decided to try and settle the puck first before shooting it, that's why he made the save, Erat should have scored on that play, it was a phenomenal pass from Suter

Dave is a killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:41 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Okay, so I called the score, and I called two of the goal scorers. Since Weber's goal, was really a goal by Kopitar on his own empty net - I am making a ruling that I called 2.5 out of the 4 goals scored.
I thought it was Brown?

And I did laugh at the shot of our bench in complete disbelief... except Fiddler.

Next GDT ready and rearing to go.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote