HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

There's One King In This Rivalry

Old
11-15-2008, 09:31 AM
HenriksBetter

vCash: 500
There's One King In This Rivalry

Saw this over on the Post's site. Brooks actually makes some sense for once.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11132008...lry_138403.htm

HenriksBetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:28 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Sometimes I feel that as popular as Lundqvist is with Ranger fans, they still may not realize quite what we have in him.

Players like Lundqvist don't come around very often, and no disrespect to Mike Richter, who will always have a special place in my heart, but I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see that the mantle of best Ranger goalie ever will probably belong to the King sooner or later.

That's why I'm so adamant about the Rangers doing everything they can to win the Cup sooner rather than later. The most important position in hockey is the goalie, and when you're lucky enough to have a Lundqvist, you should always be putting yourself in position to win the Cup, because who knows when the Rangers will have as a good a chance again as they do with Henrik between the pipes.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 11:03 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Sometimes I feel that as popular as Lundqvist is with Ranger fans, they still may not realize quite what we have in him.

Players like Lundqvist don't come around very often, and no disrespect to Mike Richter, who will always have a special place in my heart, but I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to see that the mantle of best Ranger goalie ever will probably belong to the King sooner or later.

That's why I'm so adamant about the Rangers doing everything they can to win the Cup sooner rather than later. The most important position in hockey is the goalie, and when you're lucky enough to have a Lundqvist, you should always be putting yourself in position to win the Cup, because who knows when the Rangers will have as a good a chance again as they do with Henrik between the pipes.
This is true. We are spoiled by him. Honestly, at times he can make our defense look like it's the best in the league, even when it's far from

You know you have one hell of a goalie when the only negative other fans can come up with about his game is his pads are too big. Nevermind that he's one of the quickest goalie down low in the league, his vision is second to none (how many clean shots have beat him this year? Less than I can count on one hand). Also, it seems like he has made major strides this season with handling shots up high. When was the last time a shot even beat him up high? Hell, he's yet to have a game in where you can legitimately say that he was the reason we lost

Sure he'll have his inevitable poor games and slumps, but so does every damn goalie. He's an elite goalie in this league and anyone who thinks otherwise is unwilling to put aside their subjectivity, plain and simple

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 11:32 AM
McMonster

H E N - R I K !!!

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 01:09 PM
Richie Rich

Teh King

Richie Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 01:12 PM
The Thomas J.*

We have been spoiled with all our elite home grown Goalies.

Henrik is on his way to becoming an immortal in the Rangers History books.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 01:55 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade of Funk View Post
Teh King
The real Swedish king was once at some grand opening and was supposed to write his name on some stone or something, he wrote basically "the Knig Carl Gustav XVI" (Knug instead of Kung) -- since then he is called the "knig"...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Celestial Black

Pretty good article.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 05:10 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
If Brooks would write like this more often, maybe 75% of Ranger fans wouldn't hate him.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:06 AM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
This is true. We are spoiled by him. Honestly, at times he can make our defense look like it's the best in the league, even when it's far from

You know you have one hell of a goalie when the only negative other fans can come up with about his game is his pads are too big. Nevermind that he's one of the quickest goalie down low in the league, his vision is second to none (how many clean shots have beat him this year? Less than I can count on one hand). Also, it seems like he has made major strides this season with handling shots up high. When was the last time a shot even beat him up high? Hell, he's yet to have a game in where you can legitimately say that he was the reason we lost

Sure he'll have his inevitable poor games and slumps, but so does every damn goalie. He's an elite goalie in this league and anyone who thinks otherwise is unwilling to put aside their subjectivity, plain and simple
This is one of the dumbest arguments i have ever heard from other fans, mainly Devils fans. The pads are within league rules, get over it.

Old
11-16-2008, 09:09 AM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
If Brooks would write like this more often, maybe 75% of Ranger fans wouldn't hate him.
Isn't it amazing that majority of the fanbase can't stand the Rangers beat writer. You have to wonder where he comes up with the ideas for his articles. There are so many negative ones that it is hard for us as fans to not be negative as well. Thats why this one jumped out at me. For once it was something positive.

Old
11-16-2008, 09:33 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

That article must be driving Brodeur mad, especially since he cant go out and play.

11-16-2008, 09:46 AM
HenriksBetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
That article must be driving Brodeur mad, especially since he cant go out and play.
What will playing do? Henrik was 13-2-4 in 19 games and 8-0-1 the last 9 against Brodeur anyway.

Old
11-16-2008, 09:50 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
This is one of the dumbest arguments i have ever heard from other fans, mainly Devils fans. The pads are within league rules, get over it.
The argument is fallacious on so many levels it's not even worth talking about in my opinion.

But you know, if you write it enough times it must be true! Right? Right?

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:53 AM
BrianLeetch2

vCash: 803
Send a message via AIM to BrianLeetch2 Send a message via MSN to BrianLeetch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriksBetter View Post
What will playing do? Henrik was 13-2-4 in 19 games and 8-0-1 the last 9 against Brodeur anyway.
yes and that my friends is called ownage, long live the king

BrianLeetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote