HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

How about a little optimism on for this trip

Old
11-16-2008, 10:06 AM
HOPE4HABS

vCash: 500
How about a little optimism on for this trip

Ok. First off I know I don`t post a lot, Please no sarcastic comments to that fact. I am however here during every game, and for the most part enjoy your comments, and often humourous attitudes.

But enough with this present negativity and `Sky is falling`attitude. Yes the habs have not played the best hockey of late, yes the `drive` isn`t there for 60minutes, and yes Kovy and the Kost brothers and even pleks are a shadow of what they were last season..........SO FAR. A team relying on skill and ignoring work, ya maybe. But just as slumps and bad habbits are easy to enter, they do end, and what was learned from them, can be CRUCIAL for the later more important part of the season. 15 games in guys... The level of skill has bailed us out on some nights, but once the work comes back (which has been present at more games than we give them credit for) this team will be hard to beat, and will have learned that skill alone doesn`t win games.

Ok Kovalev is being tied up more, hes being targeted. I still like his attitude, and I don`t care about some iffy passes or givaways he may do, hes IS ALWAYS TRYING to make things happen, and when it starts to clic you`ll see thats the way he has to play.

I just want to bring a little optimism to this board. a 3 game winning streak and we`re flirting with first place again. I don`t question this team one bit right now. I am just as frustrated as most of you after seeing the powerplay slip to 17th in the league, or not winning 1 on 1 battles, but we have a `top 3 in the east` team, that we`ll see as the year goes on.

I`m confident with this team. And look it`s been touched on before but the Red Wings also went through a patch last year, and I saw most of those games, and i`m telling you that they showed up for 1 period per game, seemed as if they forgot to work and relied on their skilled guys to win them games. (much like the habs some nights) Then skill eventually did take over and with it came their hard working style again.

Just lighten up a little during this early season. There are tons of positives.. the sky is NOT falling!

Sorry for the long post. GO HABS GO!!!

HOPE4HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:13 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

- Carbonneau needs to be fired
- Kovalev should be traded while he still has some value
- Koivu should be stripped of his captaincy
- We should trade Halak to Colorado for Clark
- Gainey needs to be fired for passing on Boucher
- Tanguay plays like a care bear

That is all.

GO HABS GO!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:43 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post

That is all.

GO HABS GO!
*bonk*

You could of had a V8!

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:47 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarfangor View Post
*bonk*

You could of had a V8!
The word Bonk in a thread about optimism is an oxymoron!

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Davebo
beep beep

Let's see some optimism out of our team first, please. They are just going through the motions out there for the most part.

Hear me, Habs? Smarten up!

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Doc Hock

Perhaps, just perhaps the spotlight is a little too bright these days with all the ceremonies, having 6 players leading the all star balloting and stuff like that

wish it was a 5 game road trip instead of 3

the sky will never fall

doc hock

Doc Hock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:37 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hock View Post
Perhaps, just perhaps the spotlight is a little too bright these days with all the ceremonies, having 6 players leading the all star balloting and stuff like that

wish it was a 5 game road trip instead of 3

the sky will never fall

doc hock
Does every home game have a pregame ceremony this year? It's getting old already...the road trip should be what the doctor orderd...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post

That is all.

GO HABS GO!
Begin should be made captain.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:00 PM
GNick42

All we need is a little more heart and an offensive defenseman. Not like we need to tear the whole team apart

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:02 PM
yoteshot

Hope it will be a good trip, I'll be at the game Thursday in Ottawa!

yoteshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:06 PM
couz

I'm glad they're on the road...the boo birds at home were slowly coming out last night.

couz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE4HABS View Post
Ok. First off I know I don`t post a lot, Please no sarcastic comments to that fact. I am however here during every game, and for the most part enjoy your comments, and often humourous attitudes.

But enough with this present negativity and `Sky is falling`attitude. Yes the habs have not played the best hockey of late, yes the `drive` isn`t there for 60minutes, and yes Kovy and the Kost brothers and even pleks are a shadow of what they were last season..........SO FAR. A team relying on skill and ignoring work, ya maybe. But just as slumps and bad habbits are easy to enter, they do end, and what was learned from them, can be CRUCIAL for the later more important part of the season. 15 games in guys... The level of skill has bailed us out on some nights, but once the work comes back (which has been present at more games than we give them credit for) this team will be hard to beat, and will have learned that skill alone doesn`t win games.

Ok Kovalev is being tied up more, hes being targeted. I still like his attitude, and I don`t care about some iffy passes or givaways he may do, hes IS ALWAYS TRYING to make things happen, and when it starts to clic you`ll see thats the way he has to play.

I just want to bring a little optimism to this board. a 3 game winning streak and we`re flirting with first place again. I don`t question this team one bit right now. I am just as frustrated as most of you after seeing the powerplay slip to 17th in the league, or not winning 1 on 1 battles, but we have a `top 3 in the east` team, that we`ll see as the year goes on.

I`m confident with this team. And look it`s been touched on before but the Red Wings also went through a patch last year, and I saw most of those games, and i`m telling you that they showed up for 1 period per game, seemed as if they forgot to work and relied on their skilled guys to win them games. (much like the habs some nights) Then skill eventually did take over and with it came their hard working style again.

Just lighten up a little during this early season. There are tons of positives.. the sky is NOT falling!

Sorry for the long post. GO HABS GO!!!
Excellent post.

Yesterday I posted: Positive thoughts create positive results, and negative results create negative results.

Most assume that that they...think negative because something already negative happened, and they think positve because something positive happened and thus assume that the physical experience creates the negative or positive thoughts.

But..........if you look deeper into the reality of it ....you can discover that its the other way around. Thought comes first ....then the experience.

So I agree with HOPE4HABS. Its much more helpful to our team to be at least mostly positive in our thoughts about them. Totally positive would be the best, but that takes some work to get to that place mentally.

I am aware that its easy to get down, feel sad, angry, when our team loses, especially when they play poorly and do not give 100% effort as we see it.

Why is it that bothers us so much?

Anyway I hope we all enjoy the game vs the Blues today. I hope the Habs play some exciting hockey and we win.

And come on A. Kosti time to light it up and score one or more goals. I know you can do it.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by couz View Post
I'm glad they're on the road...the boo birds at home were slowly coming out last night.
The crowd always has to chant something. I was there last night and we sang GO Habs GO as much as we boo'd them. All in the right instances.. we are true hockey fans and I say this wouthout sarcasm.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 04:09 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Pessimist is my middle name.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote