HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Flyers 2 - 1 Habs; 10 minutes are not enough...

Old
11-16-2008, 03:19 AM
Mother Pucker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
I agree with you... Lang is just Bryan Smolinspuke all over again !! If only Gainey would've kept Mikhail Grabovski...

The Higgins - Grabovski - S.Kostitsyn line was so good last year in their short stretch of games together... I missed that. Now Lang is so slow, not intensity at all that he is just freakinn useless !! Sad !!

I was always a Grabo fan...but I guess the rumors about the quarrel between him and the bros were true. Anyhow, our 3rd line would have been a REAL offensive threat with him centering the 2 bros, and the cap space we would have left makes me drool. Hopefully next year we stop with the deadwood signings and bring up some real youth from Hamilton.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:22 AM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post
How about the fact our defence played much better than it did against Bos. and Tor.

How about the fact we only gave up 2 goals.

How about the fact that we came close to scoring on the play Guy put it in the net but their guy knocked the net out of position.

How about we came so close to tying it when Tangy just missed netting a pretty 3 way passing play with Koivu, and Higgs.

How about our goalie played a good game.

How about we did not make a bunch of bad mistakes like we did against Boston.

How about we did win a fight. Way to go big George.

How about we WILL BEAT St. Louis tomorrow because we are a better team and our guys are getting tired of losing games they know they can win.

How about we all help our team by thinking positive thoughts about them for tomorrows game..like we will win.....instead of thinking negative thoughts about them which only help them to....not win.

Thought has creative power in it to create what one thinks about.

It's nice to be positive...but how bout we lost again and it sucks, especially against a struggling Flyers team? How bout nice fight GEORGES, but you're one game late?

More of this **** and I'm gonna wish the Expos were still here

No kidding though, I agree it was better than this week's disasters. There was a time were I would be satisfied with this way of thinking, like 2 years ago, but I think this year we have higher aims than just "sucking less than last time".

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:27 AM
TomPlex

Wow, I just realized now that PGT does not mean the same thing as GPT lol.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:39 AM
Spectaculard

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard
At least we're not the Sens.

Can you imagine this place if we were 6-9-2 amidst a 4 game losing streak including two in a row to the worst team in the league? LOL Sens

Spectaculard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:53 AM
Habsfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
standing around waiting for a pass at the other blueline
IMO, that's the biggest problem right now. The forwards aren't backchecking enough, and every time a Montreal defenseman gets the puck in their own zone, they bust out to the other blue line, giving the D no one to pass to. The strategy right now seems to be long bomb after long bomb. Until the forwards go back to support the D this team is going nowhere.

Habsfunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 04:33 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
man i think it would be a good time to call up henry, stewart and webber. get rid of dandenault, brisebois and o'byrne. the way things are going i'd give these guys a chance. every single game i saw them play they did good, they bring toughness and are better then what we currently have.... what do we have to lose?
Henry, Stewart and Webber would be three guys we really needs as far as grit and powerplay skills.

I don't undersand why there's nobody to stir things up when we have no life and we seem uninspired. Laraque fought at the beginning and then nothing. I want to see guys doing something, anything(!!!) when we're like freakin ghosts. Did you see when Plek checked the Flyers player from behind how the entire Flyers bench got up? Now THAT is what I call having fire.

Also can somebody..anybody explain to me what on Earth happened to the Kovy line? They were Hell on Wheels last year. Now they can't skate and can't make a pass. I have not seen Plek skate like mad man-not even once!-like he usualy did, you know accelerate at an incredible speed and creat chances. Is he hurt? What happened?

Kimota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 04:38 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabsGo247 View Post
I'd rather have Souray back.

He plays with an edge and not a tutu, we have enough guys that play with them
It would be Sourey but only for the PP. After every PP he would disappear in some weird inter-dimensional limbo.

Old
11-16-2008, 04:43 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I've been on the fire Carbonneau bandwagon as long as I can remember.
We finished first last year. It seems to me he did a good job there. The only thing I could not stand was that he would put a third/fourth line after a goal and he would ask his players to not fight so we would be manhandled all the time. There was not a lot of things to be hateful about him last year.

He's too much of a softy for me but he's had success doing it that way.

Old
11-16-2008, 05:14 AM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
I was at Bell Centre tonight and what struck me is the quality, or rather the lack of, our first pass in our own end. A lot of our offensive troubles start from there IMO. Let's face it, beside Markov, we have no elite puck-moving D, and beside Komi and Hammer, we have no decent puck-moving D. Tonight was a good example of how horrible Bouillon and Brisebois' first passes are. I don't mention O'Byrne because that's not even supposed to be his role.

Also, after a good season start Lang turned to be what I feared from the start; another useless, washed-up deadwood veteran who floats around on our third line, and hogs up all our cap space. It's amazing how he lacks any form of intensity, his mere presence makes his wingers completely useless. Can't win a face off either. A big MEH and I hope Gainey actually STOPS using the same recipe for our 3rd line. This sign is another epic fail.
Some good points. I too have noticed we have alot of trouble moving the puck out of our own end when the other team dumps in and sends in two forcheckers.

We had that trouble vs Tor. Bos. and Philly.

Seems we do not have an effective system to counter that style.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:18 AM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinTurbo View Post
man i love the kid, please call him up... right now he probably has more heart than the team combined. oh, and i also miss last years atmosphere
I wish people would shut the **** up about Stewart & his one NHL game.

Chipchura had a fantastic preseason, was named the Captain of the Bulldogs & D'Agostini continues his progression as a guy that can put up big numbers in the AHL but you people want to see the kid that apparently 'has more heart than the entire team'.

Greg Stewart would have destroyed the Flyers with fire from his eyes, & bolts of lightning from his arse. Greg Stewart does not get tired, he only leaves the ice when he's bored.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:25 AM
ReVeuF

If i would call one guy from Hamilton right now it would be D'Agostini, he is pretty good in the AHL. Chipchura would be my 2nd choice.

Max Pac should stay in the AHL at least until Christmas, same for Weber, both are rookies in the AHL this year, they are not ready yet for the NHL.

I might try also Mathieu Carle, we did not see much of him in the pre-season because he was injured.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 08:42 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
If i would call one guy from Hamilton right now it would be D'Agostini, he is pretty good in the AHL. Chipchura would be my 2nd choice.

Max Pac should stay in the AHL at least until Christmas, same for Weber, both are rookies in the AHL this year, they are not ready yet for the NHL.

I might try also Mathieu Carle, we did not see much of him in the pre-season because he was injured.
Agreed on both counts, lots were saying we should go after an experienced D to play next to Hamklik... but now that the team isnt doing so great, the same people wants to replace O'Byrne with an even less experienced Weber...

oh! irony...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:31 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
I'm never against Carbo but I think there are certain coaches good for certain times on teams. For example Ron Wilson's act was getting old in San Jose, they get a new tough coach in McLellan and it's a totally different team.

I really feel a guy like Ted Nolan would make the players on the Habs play hard and be accountable for their poor play. To me it just seems like the right fit at this time. Carbo would be a great assistant as he understands the game as a player, but Nolan is the real coach.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:39 AM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
my prediction

-pep talk
-close win vs Saint-Louis
-we get rapped vs Carolina on Tuesday
My prediction.
-pep talk
-2 goal Lose to St.Louis
-PEP TALK
-We demolish the Canes
-Back to track

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:40 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Agreed on both counts, lots were saying we should go after an experienced D to play next to Hamklik... but now that the team isnt doing so great, the same people wants to replace O'Byrne with an even less experienced Weber...

oh! irony...
Normally I'd agree with you here, but our D is in need of someone who can play a good transition game, not to mention he has an excellent PP acumen.

He's not a downgrade over Breezer or O'bie at this point in time with Komo out.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:46 AM
goldglove

I agree we should call Mathieu " I played two shift in the NHL and got two concussion" Carle instead of Weber.....

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:08 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Anyone who calls up Stewart over D'Agostini right now is simply an idiot.

The guy is ripping the AHL apart, and Andrei & Sergei are trying to be Elvis Stojko.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:20 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmachine54 View Post
It's okay, we're still 9-4-2.
It's okay, we're still 9-5-2.
It's okay, we're still 9-6-2.

I'd like to see some trio tweaking. If a line like the KPK line has one good game and three bad ones, it doesn't mean they're playing well.

Koivu's a beast, though.
It's okay, we're still 9-6-2.
It's okay, we're still 9-7-2.
It's okay, we're still 9-7-3.
It's okay, we're still 10-7-4.

I don't like this one bit. But its only been what? 16 games, lets just hope they get it together.

Koivu is a monster, Tanguay is another Monster.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:01 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I'm never against Carbo but I think there are certain coaches good for certain times on teams. For example Ron Wilson's act was getting old in San Jose, they get a new tough coach in McLellan and it's a totally different team.

I really feel a guy like Ted Nolan would make the players on the Habs play hard and be accountable for their poor play. To me it just seems like the right fit at this time. Carbo would be a great assistant as he understands the game as a player, but Nolan is the real coach.
Ted Nolan ?????? Not again ?

If the guy can't get another coaching job anywhere in the league, can you answer why ? Not even an assistant-coach job ?....

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:04 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post

oh! irony...
Steve Staios in Edmonton would be a good solution.

Old
11-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Teezax

Man talk about bandwagon fans?
You still have 9 wins, you've hit a slump, big deal.
Get over it, it's not like the Habs are the only team that goes through adversity... Christ get a grip and stop hating because your team doesn't go 82-0.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:13 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teezax View Post
Man talk about bandwagon fans?
You still have 9 wins, you've hit a slump, big deal.
Get over it, it's not like the Habs are the only team that goes through adversity... Christ get a grip and stop hating because your team doesn't go 82-0.
It is not about wins and losses. It's about the way they are playing since the beginning of the season, and the potential of being even worse and fall in the standings further more.

Old
11-16-2008, 12:13 PM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Ted Nolan ?????? Not again ?

If the guy can't get another coaching job anywhere in the league, can you answer why ? Not even an assistant-coach job ?....
I guess Pat Burns, Kevin Constantine, John Tortorella, and even Mike Milbury must be terrible coaches since they don't have jobs in the NHL.

Nolan's style is just perfect for this team. A talented team that does not work hard every game, clearly motivation is lacking from somewhere. Look at Nolan's track record, he took some pretty bad teams to good places since they worked hard everynight.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:14 PM
MayorFord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
I wish people would shut the **** up about Stewart & his one NHL game.

Chipchura had a fantastic preseason, was named the Captain of the Bulldogs & D'Agostini continues his progression as a guy that can put up big numbers in the AHL but you people want to see the kid that apparently 'has more heart than the entire team'.

Greg Stewart would have destroyed the Flyers with fire from his eyes, & bolts of lightning from his arse. Greg Stewart does not get tired, he only leaves the ice when he's bored.
yeh, because thats EXACTLY what we need right. our first 3 lines are complete, we dont have a room for another winger this year. every line gets tons of chances the finish however is not there. on the other hand we need grit and some PP help, why the **** would we call chip or dagostini? so you wanna roll with 4 soft lines and just ditch the energy line?

MayorFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Teezax

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
It is not about wins and losses. It's about the way they are playing since the beginning of the season, and the potential of being even worse and fall in the standings further more.
The parity in the NHL is evident now, there are no more easy games. Granted the Habs looked out of place yesterday, but credit the Flyers for suffocating their rush.
One thing's for certain, there are definitely players not pulling their own weight, Koivu is going to have to put them in their place and let them remember their roles.

Teezax is offline   Reply With Quote