HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laraque Speaks

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HigKoiTang2008 View Post
What the hell are you talking about? The other guy went to the hospital to take radiography after the game... Not being the one who hits the most does not necessary means that you lost the fight...

Besides, if Lucic was a man, and if he considers himself a tough guy (fighting 14 times a year), well he should not decline invitations only to fight another less experienced guy (fighting-wise), and acting like a WWF wrestler after winning the fight. I've got noo problem with Lucic playing his game and fighting against Komisarek (it takes two to tango), but I've got a problem about what he did and how he act after the fight, when he declined a couple of invitations from BGL.

This Laraque - Gratton fight is what will happen to Milan if he keeps on messing with the Habs players... Only thing though : Laraque has said he doesn't respect Lucic. This is something you don't hear very often from a guy like Laraque, who respects almost every player in the game. Would they fight together, I wouldn't like to be at Milan's place.
Why would you be at his place, were you the cat that robbed him or sumthin?

Frankly, your talking out your hind parts right now. You have no idea what would happen if Laraque and Looch went at it. There's no way to know until it actually happens.

As for the "This Laraque - Gratton fight is what will happen to Milan if he keeps on messing with the Habs players..." That's hilarious. Looch won't stop hitting people. thats what he does and it's quite obvious Laraque isn't going to prevent that facet of his game. If you expect Looch to answer to Laraque for that, then expecxt Komisarek to answer to Thornton for his style of play. Komi and Lucic were destined to go, and like I said before, Komi was a man and went after offering him on earlier in the game as well. Once it was time to go, Looch went.

He was pumped after the fight, and rightly so. A lot of pent up agression. BGL was likely upset because the days of staged fights and telling someone goodluck before hand are near their end. Now the scraps mean something, or are because of something.I like what Looch did, it was raw emotion. It isn't like he taunted the Habs bench, then I could see the issue.

And if you want to talk about his character, check the fight out at the 13 second mark, Looch holds up when he could easily keep giving it to Komi, something Laraque has done countless times.

Last edited by Kaoz: 11-16-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old
11-16-2008, 01:02 PM
Macs

Less invitations, more fights...

If Laraque drops his glove in front of Lucic, there is no way lucic won't do the same.

Old
11-16-2008, 02:01 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Laraque showed respect to Gratton, he could of really clocked him but stopped. I bet he would clock Lucic if he's down since he's lost respect for him.

The Milan Lucic is the greatest is starting to lose steam. I have been looking at his fights last year.
Erskine nailed him> Lucic loss no match whatsoever

Gleason also nailed him> Lucic loss no match whatsoever

Brookbank was toying with him Lucy didn't want to fight he was cuddling after hitting a player from behind on top of it. Hey Boston tards mind explaining why your angel boy is hitting players from behind, you know that's dirty right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4RolXkpt3E Lucic loss

Ivanans starts landing the punches, those homer Boston commentators gave the win to Lucy because he wrestled Ivanans to ice likely to stay away from getting punched.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPp7As-sF-U Lucic loss

Ben Eager sliced Lucic open that is a loss, takedowns aren't wins
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6sZESZFhwQ&NR=1

Winchester was a tie.

Lucic Ruutu hahaha the announcers make excuses for Lucy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaAPh...eature=related slight win to Lucic but Ruutu spot picked like Lucy does.

Now for Lucy's winning fight cards. Really big guy I bet the NHL heavyweights are scared, no wonder Laraque called him a middleweight
Lucic beat Komisarek, Tarnasky, Bell, Bradley, Jackman, Clarkson(close but Lucic tagged him good at the end)
Boll hahaha listen to the Boston homers Lucic beating the best fighters known in the league? I never heard of Boll before but he fell because of his jersey over his head and loses balance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6sZESZFhwQ&NR=1

Look at this punk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7b5Z...eature=related No respect for others, the Bruin fans talked that he was trying to cheer on the crowd after the Komisarek fight. I believe he was taunting the bench. This punk has no class Laraque or another heavy will sooner or later straighten him out if he ever has to guts to drop them and doesn't stop his chicken@#$% antics.

Looking at Lucic's wins he better run and run an run as fast as he can from Laraque.
I'm sure he'll continue run run running to a 30-goal season and laugh at Laraque for the rest of the year. It's like a power play when BGL is on the ice.

Old
11-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
I'm sure he'll continue run run running to a 30-goal season and laugh at Laraque for the rest of the year. It's like a power play when BGL is on the ice.
Like most of your defenceman when they are on the ice.

Last edited by Hannibal: 11-16-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old
11-16-2008, 02:19 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Like most of your defenceman when they are on the ice.
Ah yes, as proven by the Bruins leading the Northeast division! Nice try.

What you people fail to realize is, Lucic isn't our goon. He's not running around looking for fights, contrary to what many here would have you believe. He's a power forward, putting guys through the boards and putting the fear of God into defensemen throughout the league. Look no further than last Saturday night's game against Buffalo, where 20-year veteran Teppo Numminem peeled off an icing and allowed Lucic to get the puck in the corner instead of being permanently fused with the end-boards at TD Banknorth. Lucic immediately fed Bergeron in the slot for a beauty of a chance.

He plays a tough, in-your-face style of hockey very similar to Komisarek. It just so happens those two players had quite a few run-ins over the last year, and the fight between them was inevitable. It happened, Lucic was understandably amped after dropping Komi, and he showed his excitement afterward. That's it. It's over.

Our 1st line winger has no need to "answer the bell" against your 4th line antiquated goon. BGL is more useful to Boston on the ice than off. He doesn't hit, doesn't generate any offense to speak of, and can barely keep up with the play. Lucic, meanwhile, is drilling players legally, scoring at a 25 goal pace at the ripe old age of 20, and skating with Marc Savard. That's as absurd a trade-off as I've ever seen.

And like I said earlier, I really don't think BGL and the Canadiens want to get into a toughness match with Boston for the rest of the year. Let's say BGL tires of Milan scaring every single one of your players and decides to force him to fight, ala the Ruutu fight last year. You really don't think Zdeno Chara will come calling for BGL immediately? I'd hate to be BGL against a crazed Chara, check YouTube to see what the big man is capable of when he gets pissed. Not a good idea.

Worry about beating us on the scoresheet, as I have a feeling it may become an issue for the foreseeable future. After all, you sound like Bruins fans with the moral victories!

Old
11-16-2008, 02:27 PM
googlymoogly

"Our 1st line winger has no need to "answer the bell" against your 4th line antiquated goon. BGL is more useful to Boston on the ice than off. He doesn't hit, doesn't generate any offense to speak of, and can barely keep up with the play. Lucic, meanwhile, is drilling players legally, scoring at a 25 goal pace at the ripe old age of 20, and skating with Marc Savard. That's as absurd a trade-off as I've ever seen.

And like I said earlier, I really don't think BGL and the Canadiens want to get into a toughness match with Boston for the rest of the year. Let's say BGL tires of Milan scaring every single one of your players and decides to force him to fight, ala the Ruutu fight last year. You really don't think Zdeno Chara will come calling for BGL immediately? I'd hate to be BGL against a crazed Chara, check YouTube to see what the big man is capable of when he gets pissed. Not a good idea."

Well you just said it Lucic runs around hitting players and if the other teams enforcer decides to do something about it then Lucic will have to fight. I bet you were happy last year when Lucic went after Gleason after he steamrolled Savard. To bad Gleason smacked him around but Bruin's fans seem to think it's okay for them to protect their players but not okay for other teams to do it. Laraque and Chara fought twice last year Chara doesn't really want to get hit in the face he tends to stick to smaller guys.

I want to add that in the 70's Larry Robinson gave a few beatings to Boston players coming to the defense of his team mates. Not one of those Bruin players had an ounce of the talent of Larry Robinson. Only Orr was better than Robinson. In fact Robinson is better than every player to ever put a Bruins uniform on except for Orr.

Last edited by googlymoogly: 11-16-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old
11-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
We haven't played a full 60 minutes yet and we have two games in hands against your team, so, nice try! See you saturday

Old
11-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
He's 25short of a 30G season. 5G is usually not the total of a 30ish goal scorer after 17Games.

Old
11-16-2008, 02:54 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
"Our 1st line winger has no need to "answer the bell" against your 4th line antiquated goon. BGL is more useful to Boston on the ice than off. He doesn't hit, doesn't generate any offense to speak of, and can barely keep up with the play. Lucic, meanwhile, is drilling players legally, scoring at a 25 goal pace at the ripe old age of 20, and skating with Marc Savard. That's as absurd a trade-off as I've ever seen.

And like I said earlier, I really don't think BGL and the Canadiens want to get into a toughness match with Boston for the rest of the year. Let's say BGL tires of Milan scaring every single one of your players and decides to force him to fight, ala the Ruutu fight last year. You really don't think Zdeno Chara will come calling for BGL immediately? I'd hate to be BGL against a crazed Chara, check YouTube to see what the big man is capable of when he gets pissed. Not a good idea."

Well you just said it Lucic runs around hitting players and if the other teams enforcer decides to do something about it then Lucic will have to fight. I bet you were happy last year when Lucic went after Gleason after he steamrolled Savard. To bad Gleason smacked him around but Bruin's fans seem to think it's okay for them to protect their players but not okay for other teams to do it. Laraque and Chara fought twice last year Chara doesn't really want to get hit in the face he tends to stick to smaller guys.

I want to add that in the 70's Larry Robinson gave a few beatings to Boston players coming to the defense of his team mates. Not one of those Bruin players had an ounce of the talent of Larry Robinson. Only Orr was better than Robinson. In fact Robinson is better than every player to ever put a Bruins uniform on except for Orr.
Larry Robinson was in no way shape or form better than Raymond Bourque. Try again.

And of course Chara tends to fight guys smaller than him... they all are! Brian McCabe was 6'2 225 and Chara rag-dolled him like nothing. If there's anybody in the league who can hang with BGL, it's Chara.

Old
11-16-2008, 02:57 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Why would you be at his place, were you the cat that robbed him or sumthin?

Frankly, your talking out your hind parts right now. You have no idea what would happen if Laraque and Looch went at it. There's no way to know until it actually happens.

As for the "This Laraque - Gratton fight is what will happen to Milan if he keeps on messing with the Habs players..." That's hilarious. Looch won't stop hitting people. thats what he does and it's quite obvious Laraque isn't going to prevent that facet of his game. If you expect Looch to answer to Laraque for that, then expecxt Komisarek to answer to Thornton for his style of play. Komi and Lucic were destined to go, and like I said before, Komi was a man and went after offering him on earlier in the game as well. Once it was time to go, Looch went.

He was pumped after the fight, and rightly so. A lot of pent up agression. BGL was likely upset because the days of staged fights and telling someone goodluck before hand are near their end. Now the scraps mean something, or are because of something.I like what Looch did, it was raw emotion. It isn't like he taunted the Habs bench, then I could see the issue.

And if you want to talk about his character, check the fight out at the 13 second mark, Looch holds up when he could easily keep giving it to Komi, something Laraque has done countless times.
Care to show us these countless exemples?

Laraque always stops hitting when the guy's down... But, of course, he's a hab now, so he must be dirty, diving...and soft...

Old
11-16-2008, 03:00 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
He's 25short of a 30G season. 5G is usually not the total of a 30ish goal scorer after 17Games.
Let him be... to their eyes, Lucic is the equivalence of our Higgins 40 goals scorer... no matter how many times, we tried, we can't convert the followers...

Old
11-16-2008, 03:04 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post

Laraque always stops hitting when the guy's down... But, of course, he's a hab now, so he must be dirty, diving...and soft...
Pretty sure Kaoz was saying Laraque has held up from hitting guys when they're down countless times.

Old
11-16-2008, 03:07 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

What you people fail to realize is, Lucic isn't our goon. He's not running around looking for fights, contrary to what many here would have you believe. He's a power forward, putting guys through the boards and putting the fear of God into defensemen throughout the league. Look no further than last Saturday night's game against Buffalo, where 20-year veteran Teppo Numminem peeled off an icing and allowed Lucic to get the puck in the corner instead of being permanently fused with the end-boards at TD Banknorth. Lucic immediately fed Bergeron in the slot for a beauty of a chance.

He plays a tough, in-your-face style of hockey very similar to Komisarek. It just so happens those two players had quite a few run-ins over the last year, and the fight between them was inevitable. It happened, Lucic was understandably amped after dropping Komi, and he showed his excitement afterward. That's it. It's over.

Our 1st line winger has no need to "answer the bell" against your 4th line antiquated goon. BGL is more useful to Boston on the ice than off. He doesn't hit, doesn't generate any offense to speak of, and can barely keep up with the play. Lucic, meanwhile, is drilling players legally, scoring at a 25 goal pace at the ripe old age of 20, and skating with Marc Savard. That's as absurd a trade-off as I've ever seen.

And like I said earlier, I really don't think BGL and the Canadiens want to get into a toughness match with Boston for the rest of the year. Let's say BGL tires of Milan scaring every single one of your players and decides to force him to fight, ala the Ruutu fight last year. You really don't think Zdeno Chara will come calling for BGL immediately? I'd hate to be BGL against a crazed Chara, check YouTube to see what the big man is capable of when he gets pissed. Not a good idea.

Worry about beating us on the scoresheet, as I have a feeling it may become an issue for the foreseeable future. After all, you sound like Bruins fans with the moral victories!
Lucic is a powerforward, and a great one, no doubt about it. I hate the Bruins, but I love the born again rivalry and can still call a player good or great even if he's on your team.

But your Teppo example is weak. The man is old and slow, and if he had a chance to win the race for an icing, he would have continued. As you know, when it's a race for an icing, the players don't check each other. If it's not an icing, it's a different story.
It's like Brisebois, there's no way in hell he'd go first into the boards if there's no icing and Lucic is right behind. Gorges would though, so would Bouillon, Komi and Hamr.

As for Lucic not responding to Laraque, well that's up to him really. He was publicly dissed by Laraque, calling him a middleweight, no class, acting like a junior player, refused his invitation. Will he respond?..I guess we'll see Saturday.

As for Chara, he doesn't want to fight Laraque just as much as BGL doesn't want to fight the Slovakian Giraffe :p
They actually fought twice, and both times the fight ended quickly with nobody really winning.
But you are right, you guys have a more physical team.

Old
11-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Larry Robinson was in no way shape or form better than Raymond Bourque. Try again.

And of course Chara tends to fight guys smaller than him... they all are! Brian McCabe was 6'2 225 and Chara rag-dolled him like nothing. If there's anybody in the league who can hang with BGL, it's Chara.
Robinson was a better fighter than Bourque

McCabe is not a fighter. You want to give the Vinny Lecavalier example as well?

Old
11-16-2008, 03:14 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

vCash: 50
Quote:
That's a pretty emphatic statement. Do you have any facts to back that up? I think that would make a good debate. Maybe put it up on the History board.

Old
11-16-2008, 03:14 PM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Pretty sure Kaoz was saying Laraque has held up from hitting guys when they're down countless times.
Ok then, my bad...

Old
11-16-2008, 03:15 PM
la25ecoupe

I'm sad for Laraque. He tried to bring energy to the team with the fight w/ Gratton, but the team didn't respond..

Grats to Laraque, bou to the team.

Old
11-16-2008, 03:21 PM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
That's a pretty emphatic statement. Do you have any facts to back that up? I think that would make a good debate. Maybe put it up on the History board.
Well from the admittedly few times I've perused the history boards, it appears Bourque is normally ranked in the top 2-3 all-time among defenseman, up there with Harvey and Shore, but far behind Orr.

Also, he's ranked 14th on the Hockey New's Top 100 Players of All Time. Robinson is 25th.

Bourque also holds the NHL record for goals, assists, and points among defensemen.

Robinson won 2 Norris' to Bourque's 5. Bourque is the NHL's all-time leader in shots on goal, with 6206, nearly 1,000 more than the 2nd highest, Marcel Dionne.

Bourque also was named to an NHL-record 19 straight All-Star Games, passing Wayne Gretzky in 2001. Robinson played in 10.

Robinson, on the other hand, is 1st all-time in career +/-, ahead of both Orr and Bourque, who are 2nd and 3rd respectively. He also won the Cup 6 times to Bourque's one time.

Old
11-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post

Of course I would, watch the following:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-Gac...e_compilation/

Specifically, the fight starting at 30 seconds in, 1:10 in where he's showboating himself, 1:38 in where he again keeps poundng after the guy is down, 2:35 seconds in he again does it. That one compilation.

He's hab though, so nothing but class right?

Ps. I won't bring something to a conversation unless I can back it up.

Quote:
He hasa, but he's crossed that class line himself, its fighting. It happens.

Old
11-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Of course I would, watch the following:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/yt-Gac...e_compilation/

Specifically, the fight starting at 30 seconds in, 1:10 in where he's showboating himself, 1:38 in where he again keeps poundng after the guy is down, 2:35 seconds in he again does it. That one compilation.

He's hab though, so nothing but class right?

Ps. I won't bring something to a conversation unless I can back it up.

okay, you win. All the Habs are dirty and all the Bruins are clean

Old
11-16-2008, 04:08 PM
googlymoogly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
okay, you win. All the Habs are dirty and all the Bruins are clean
Yes the Bruins are the cleanest team ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT8mM...eature=related

Lady Bing winning Neely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPsaoILncSg