HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev

Old
11-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Montreal Shadow

vCash: 500
I don't see why you guys are suprised, they always say Kovalev plays 1/4 games, last year, he played all his games for the next 4 years.

Montreal Shadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 04:25 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

just put Kovalev on the half wall, right side for the whole powerplay.

bam boom slump over.

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 05:27 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Check Kovalev's average shift length too. He's staying on the ice wayy too long.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Mr Lahey*

Are you actually surprised?

Mr Lahey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:39 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

We're stuck with him for the remainder of the season! YIPEE!

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:39 PM
Iwishihadacup

he was the worst forward on the ice tonight...Latendresse was in the top 3

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:00 PM
smon

Well, Kovalev's hardly doing much, but it's a team sport and his linemates are as fast asleep. Little Girl Plekanec and Kostitsyn aren't doing much either, floating just the same. Although I guess it's worse when Kovalev does it because he's such a puck hog.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I think the coaching staff thought that Markov would replace Streit since they're not that different skills-wise(on the pp). And Tanguay is a great passer so put him on the left. I had no problem with that since it worked beautifully on the first match against the Leafs. You had that pairing plus Kovy at his usual position on the right, Koivu in the middle since he likes to get his nose dirty. And a right-hand man with skills in Lang on the left. This PP had so much skills it was scary and they scored easily. So why didn't they kept it impact after that? I think Plek and Andrei should never be on the PP, they're completly useless.
Being a good passer doesn't make you a PP QB, there's a huge difference between the two.
Streit didn't even come close to the skills Markov has on PP. He only had a good shot, but his passes and stickhandling weren't comparable to the one of Markov.

As for the PP unit you're talking about, it's easy to say they scored a lot vs a very weak team and during one game.
Our PP hasn't been good since the start of the year buddy, I don't know why you think they were a dominant unit.
But it doesn't really matter who's there as long as Kovy is on the right and Markov as the QB on the left point.

As for Plek/Andrei, without them last year our PP would have had 24 less goals and 41 less pts. So you make a very weak case saying they shouldn't be on PP.
If you remove Plek, you also take away a center, so Lang would be the one centering the 2nd unit. So that leaves a spot open on the first. Let's say you fill up that space with Lats, who do you put instead of Andrei now?..Kosto?..Begin??..Dandy? Or do you put Bouillon on the Point?..Gorges? and put S.Kost up front??
This would make our 2nd unit look like this :

Kosto/Begin/Dandy-Lang-Kovalev
Hamr-S.Kost

or

S.Kost-Lang-Kovy
Hamr-Gorges/Bouillon

You honestly think that's better than

A.Kost-Plek-Kovy
Hamr-S.Kost

Don't be foolish. Those two need to be on the PP, and would be on it with probably every single team in this league. They're having a slow start, it doesn't matter. They'll open up eventually.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:41 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
Well, Kovalev's hardly doing much, but it's a team sport and his linemates are as fast asleep. Little Girl Plekanec and Kostitsyn aren't doing much either, floating just the same. Although I guess it's worse when Kovalev does it because he's such a puck hog.
Thats the double edge of that line right now. Pleks and Kosty aren't trying cause they don't get the puck from Kovy and Kovalev can't really give then the puck cause they aren't trying.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigKoiTang2008 View Post
He keeps the puck so long... If he was not the best producer, there'd be a problem.
We had no problem with him keeping the puck for so long last season.

I thought the Plek-Higgy-Kovy line looked great yesterday during the last period.

You saw Lats re-energized when put with Koivu/Tang, and the Kost broz love playing together it's obvious.

I hope Carbs keeps those lines for a full game trial tonight.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:30 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Is he gonna start playing any time soon? He doesn't even look like he is trying out on the ice. He is suppose to be one of the leaders of this team but he's been terrible. I don't want to hear about how great he was last year because that doesn't really matter. He's almost like a black hole right now on his line. Pleks and AKost are out skating but Kovalev is just floating. What's his problem?
we all expect more out of kovalev. We still see a couple plays each game that make us go "wow" but the bad plays he makes are mounting at a rapid pace. There's alot of blame to go around for his linemates too. Pleks isnt playing with alot of poise and he seems to be getting knocked off the puck very easily. A. Kost is being too cute. The whole line needs a shake-up.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 08:06 AM
BadHabit

It's hard to believe the people bashing Kovalev in here. Sure he hasn't played as well as he did last year, but he still has 12 points in 16 games including 2 game winners and one shootout winner, and he's 4th on the team in points.

Kovalev is the ONLY guy on our team that can COMPLETELY control the game in the opposing zone. Whenever he's not on the ice and we are in the other end, we look like we're playing pond hockey. The guy has superior skills and vision, but right now his linemates aren't clicking with him yet. To think that you want to blame him, trade him, etc - that's just ludicrous. Sure he makes mistakes, but so does everyone. He is a push the envelope player, so sometimes things go REALLY well and sometimes they go REALLY bad, but that is the kind of player he is.

I really don't get the Kovalev hate. We would be a completely different team without him and people here should realize that. He is ALWAYS dangerous when he's on the ice and the other teams are afraid of him - they back up when he comes into the zone because they know he can make them look silly. He does a great job in creating space, and this year he has been playing very well on the PK even.

Give him some time and lay off. He's the only true game-breaker we have, and I for one would re-sign him next year no questions asked.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1000
I thought he played pretty good last night. I think a big key is putting Kovalev on one line and AKost on another. They both want the puck and I think that was causing some problems (passing) this year. The only reason I started this thread is because Kovalev is our best player and we need him to be our best player. If he is going then the Habs are going.

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:18 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:21 PM
Le Gros Bill

Penalty killers seem to have Kovy figured out - when he's along the boards in the right corner (his usual spot), the defenders take away his shooting lane and the netminder hugs the left post to take away the short side (A lot of his 17 PP goals last season were scored that way). So he either takes a shot that's easily stopped or is forced to pass it. He somehow has to adjust to that.

Le Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Kman777

He might have more room to make that curl in move if his point man were more threatening.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
He might have more room to make that curl in move if his point man were more threatening.
I completely agree...

Pk'ers of opposite team are agressive on Kovy and they're not giving him much room to maneuver, because they don't respect our shot from the point.

Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Not sure how anybody can crap on Kovy when his linemates have been brutal so far this year, Plekanec has had a terible start and A.Kost has not been the same since the cheap shot by Sauer. Those guys need to pick it up...along with Lang Komisarek and S.Kost.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 08:29 PM
Tuggy

vCash: 1000
Kovalev was a blackhole on Kostitsyn (what I said in the OP) who is much better without him and now playing with Koivu and Tanguay, he has sucked them into his blackhole. What's the solution?

Tuggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 08:30 PM
NewHabsEra*

The official Kovalev sucks thread

PLZ God, I dont want any gifts for Christmas, I just want Kovalev away from this team.. thank you

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Personally I'd ask for him to be good again.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 08:32 PM
The n00b King *

Please bench his lazy ass.

The n00b King * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
McTusk

Well, I can't read what you wrote, but I'm pretty sure you're more deserving of the thread title than Kovalev.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
PLZ God, I dont want any gifts for Christmas, I just want Kovalev away from this team.. thank you
Oh ****.

Who took the team to 1st OVR last year? Kovalev.

The team needs to get rid of its bush-league coaching staff. We'd have finished out of the playoffs last year again if it wasn't for Kovalev.

Carbo sucked then, and he still sucks now.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
Well, most of us knew this was coming.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote