HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Theodore gets offers from Russia

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Tricolore#20

vCash: 500
Awesome find Wildcat.

When I first heard of this story, I was wondering how the interest came about. I mean, why would the Russians seek Theodore, over other netminders?

But after reading (and trying to understand ) this article, it sure seems like Jose may have initiated the talks. Because of this, it seems like he is very keen on going to Russia to play. I am somewhat surprised at how much he admires CSKA, considering that most Canadians do not get a chance to see them. And did he say that Vlad Tretiak was his all-time hero? Even moreso that Patrick Roy? I think it would be awesome if he went down there and played, if there is no season.

Old
07-11-2004, 09:25 PM
BruinsGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat
I just did a google search with Theo's name in Russian (Жозе Теодор ) for pages updated in the past 3 monthes and it just happened to be the first one.

Like you said the translation is brutal but when you read it most people can get the idea of what's being said. Although, I can't imagine what it looks like for the ones on here who can't read english that well.

I always include a Russian link just in case one of our Russian fans want to translate it with more accuracy, but in this case it's a bit too long.

Жозе Теодор = Zhoze Teodor

There is no exact translation of "TH" to Russian.

Ж is a letter that represents sound(?)/combination "ZH". ( There are also special letters for -sh-, -ch- , -sch- etc which is IMHO very convinient )

I would've gladly translated this article for you but unfortunately don't have much time on hands. Although if you feel you completely don't understand some part of translation you are welcome to ask me....(I know my English isn't perfect either but still )

Last edited by BruinsGirl: 07-11-2004 at 09:30 PM.
Old
07-12-2004, 03:08 PM
Wildcat

Thanks for the little lesson on the Russian Language, BruinsGirl, much appreciated. And, I promise not to abuse your offer.

Closed Thread