HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Los Angeles @ Anaheim - 11/16/08 - 5PM

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2008, 09:32 PM
LAX attack*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Some of you are the very definition of instant gratification.

A poorly played game it was not.

Last year, the team looked like swiss cheese. Goaltending, defensive coverage, faceoffs, neutral zone play, puck possession, scoring (yes, scoring), all of it and everything.

This season: scoring. That's it girls. That problem will be solved as well but the problem is only partially internal to the team.

This team reminds me of the Wild
, but without a Gaborik type player.
yeah thats exactly where we want to be. Boring, boring, boring hockey

just great

Old
11-16-2008, 09:33 PM
DIEHARD jr

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
So a guy misses a shot you want his livelyhood taken away by injury? Yer an idiot.
I dont like the injury idea, but Calder hasnt missed just one shot. He has been frickin lousy when he gets a chance. Diehard Sr, almost broke our T.V. when Calder missed the open net. Then he lost the puck on the PP. He sucks.

Old
11-16-2008, 09:33 PM
WoohooKINGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by frolovfan View Post
We'll go in circles and never convince each other. I believe defense wins hockey games. This year we just get our offense clicking and we'll be fine. Last year we had so many problems it was crazy.
There's a happy medium between the two. No sense on having the 5th best PK and lowest shots against when you can't score. That just means you will probably won't be blown out on games. Too much offense will just create higher scoring games but still lose. The KINGS have to find that fine line.. I still agree with the Defense wins though just wish the Offense can compliment it as well.

Old
11-16-2008, 09:35 PM
MePutPuckInNet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Hopefully, this game is the indicator to Murray that Calder needs to be replaced, preferrably by Sully, on the top line. There is absolutely zero chemistry now.
I think you're right. There is ZERO chemistry now. On any line. It makes one wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes. I'm not sure the players are on board the Terry Train.

Old
11-16-2008, 09:35 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD jr View Post
I dont like the injury idea, but Calder hasnt missed just one shot. He has been frickin lousy when he gets a chance. Diehard Sr, almost broke our T.V. when Calder missed the open net. Then he lost the puck on the PP. He sucks.
Out of curiosity, what did he do when Kopitar whiffed on the open net set-up from Frolov? Or how about when Brown dusted off the puck in the third at the blue line, pulled the puck out of the zone and killed the 3-on-2???

Old
11-16-2008, 09:37 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
Out of curiosity, what did he do when Kopitar whiffed on the open net set-up from Frolov? Or how about when Brown dusted off the puck in the third at the blue line, pulled the puck out of the zone and killed the 3-on-2???
you are totally right, all of them are playing awfully, but Calder has been by far the worst

Old
11-16-2008, 09:39 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Some of the sky is falling comments in this thread have been hilarious. Some of you people are ****ing retarded.

Good game by the Kings. Great game by the Ducks. If the Kings don't get the first goal, they seem to scramble the rest of the game. I've noticed that this year.

Everyone acts as if Murray's system in some way, shape, or form hampers our offense, and that's just not true. We have a lot of new faces, a lot of young kids. Chemistry comes with time.

Our leaders, our star players, haven't been burying the puck when it needs to be buried. That's been the difference. Period. Kopitar, Brown, and Frolov haven't put the puck in the net when they've had premium scoring chances. If Kopitar would have buried that two on one, Kings would have probably gotten at least a point out of this.

Hiller also robbed Calder in the third. Calder's not playing horribly, but he probably shouldn't be with Kopitar and Brown.

Kings' PP also took a nap tonight, especially in the first.

I would imagine Murray's going to switch up some of the lines after this. I can't imagine Labarbera getting a start against Washington on Thursday. Bloodbath waiting to happen.

Bottom line: we had tired legs from the Nashville game the night before, this team is young and it showed, and we've yet to find two consistent scoring lines, specifically a LW for Kopitar and Brown.

Old
11-16-2008, 10:07 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Murray is an IDIOT

Good night Folks

Old
11-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
Good game by the Kings. Great game by the Ducks. If the Kings don't get the first goal, they seem to scramble the rest of the game. I've noticed that this year.
That's a problem, now, isn't it? I think it's a big problem. The Kings are more unified defensively than they were last year but there is way too much one-on-two, one-on-three play and "scrambling" going on on the offense. Offensively, the Kings are far too split apart and puck support on offense is frankly not very good right now. Guys like Frolov trying to make something out of nothing when no one comes over to help him out.

This isn't a "sky is falling" post, it's a call to tighten up the offensive cohesion. Certainly some of that is a by-product of guys not knowing each other too well after significant personnel turnover prior to this season, but it's not acceptable for that to be a total excuse.

Old
11-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Kings suck

Lock this up Tony

Closed Thread