HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber Plz

Old
11-16-2008, 09:21 PM
muzion

vCash: 500
the answer is right there within the team and I cannot believe the coaching staff has yet to put either Kovalev or AK 46 at the right point.

An offensively minded coach would have already come to that conclusion. It is so frustrating to watch us go 0 for 19 (or worse) with all the talent on this team. THINK CARBO!

muzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:32 PM
andreconstantin

Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
D'Agostini needs a call up but I do agree, Markov has to pass to someone. What will we do with Tanguay though? Weber or Carle would be fine with me.

andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Solution:

Waive Dandenault, Begin and Brisebois

Assign O'Byrne to Hamilton

Call up: D'Agostini, Chipchura, Weber and Carle.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stud View Post
D'Agostini needs a call up but I do agree, Markov has to pass to someone. What will we do with Tanguay though? Weber or Carle would be fine with me.
Stick Tanguay at RD or if he doesn't want to shoot stick him at RW on the second unit. But Markov needs to be LD and Kovalev RW and they need to be on the same unit.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Solution:

Waive Dandenault, Begin and Brisebois

Assign O'Byrne to Hamilton

Call up: D'Agostini, Chipchura, Weber and Carle.
Weber and Carle are gonna solve the problem of O'Byrne making mistakes on D?? I don't think so.

D'Agostini and Chipchura need to eat popcorn in the pressbox??

Old
11-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Habitants

trade dandouilloin plus something for derek morris

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Artyukhin*

Canadiens were 0-for-10 on the power play and have scored twice in their last 36 chances

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2562...=topStory_main

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:01 PM
Kman777

I'd prefer Carle to Weber right now. IMO Weber was not particularly good in pre-season, and Carle has a ton of AHL experience, and his junior stats are every bit as impressive as Weber's.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Carle or Weber would get eaten alive if put on our defense right now. We need to bring in an experienced 4th D-man.

11-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
I'd prefer Carle to Weber right now. IMO Weber was not particularly good in pre-season, and Carle has a ton of AHL experience, and his junior stats are every bit as impressive as Weber's.
A ton?? 1 season where he didn't even play the full year cause of injuries is a ton.... plus he's been injured in both of his NHL preseason games; giving him significantly less NHL pre-season experience than Weber this year.

He has slightly more experience than Weber, but not a ton... and he has played less games this year and just returned from concussion.

Old
11-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Kriss E

Neither Carle nor Weber is the answer. To believe otherwise is simply wishful thinking.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:02 PM
Locks

Quote:
Which pre-season games did you watch? Yes, he was not that good so they played him seven out of nine games - more than any other prospect - and Carbo called him a "revelation". No, not good at all.

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:09 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Before I would've been opposed to this but what about trying Kovalev on the right point? He has a very good shot and right now he isn't doing that much in his current spot.

Tanguay - Koivu/Plekanec - AK46
Markov - Kovalev

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:10 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Carle is more of a passer than a shooter, though. We need more people who will shoot the puck on the PP, we have enough passers already.

Old
11-16-2008, 11:31 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

OUR PP is dead, we need someone like ゆいえt, Weber.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Before I would've been opposed to this but what about trying Kovalev on the right point? He has a very good shot and right now he isn't doing that much in his current spot.

Tanguay - Koivu/Plekanec - AK46
Markov - Kovalev
why not

Tanguay - Koivu/Pleks - Kovalev
Markov - Ak46.

I think that one man seperation between the two is what really makes it work...

Old
11-16-2008, 11:33 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
1He was
2. Not really

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:34 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
why not

Tanguay - Koivu/Pleks - Kovalev
Markov - Ak46.

I think that one man seperation between the two is what really makes it work...
I'd like that too I just don't know how comfortable AK46 would be on the point as i'm not sure he's ever played on the point on the PP before in his career, while Kovalev has. If Andrei ended up on the point i'm sure Carbs would probably put him on the left side anyways

Old
11-16-2008, 11:35 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
I'd like that too I just don't know how comfortable AK46 would be on the point as i'm not sure he's ever played on the point on the PP before in his career, while Kovalev has. If Andrei ended up on the point i'm sure Carbs would probably put him on the left side anyways
I dont want to take away Kovalevs walk off the boards wristshot from the top of the circle.

Old
11-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

during the preseason when they had asked carbo about Weber he had sarcastically said that if the PP ever suffered they could always call him up....

hmmm...well carbs, it's kinda suffering.
It's died, resurrected, died again, been obliterated, resurrected, and currently being tortured until it dies

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Kingbobert
HFBoards Sponsor

Also, i dont think tanguay on D is bad, however we cant have him and Markov on the same wave.
Tanguay has been excellent at find open players but they're just not putting it in.

Also, we hit two posts tonight when we were shooting from the back more than recently...so we need a shooter...why isnt hammer getting more PP time?

Kingbobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:04 AM
le_sean

When a guy like Kovalev praises the work of Weber in the preseason you know he's a good player.

His shot is better than Brisebois' and he certainly can't be worse defensively. If guys like Doughty, Bogosian and Schenn can make their teams at 18 (though they are tremendous talents), then why not Weber in a limited role at the age of 20?

Though I don't think the Habs will magically be propelled to the #1 PP spot with Weber, it does actually give them another threat. He'll get open shots because teams will not respect a rookie like they would Kovalev and Markov, but once he buries a couple then teams need to change their plans a little. Markov is much better at passing than he is at shooting. Tanguay is not the answer and Kovalev needs to have his spot along the half boards. Andrei Kostitsyn has a nice shot, but I don't think he's a long-term solution either, I believe he's also better at passing and his snap shot/wrister is better than his slapper.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
If guys like Doughty, Bogosian and Schenn can make their teams at 18 (though they are tremendous talents), then why not Weber in a limited role at the age of 20?
I'm sorry, I know the point you are trying to make, but thats a ridiculous comment and you even know it

I would like to see Weber up for a few games, but not because of our PP. I want some pressure on O'Byrne to kick his game up. He needs to know his spot is not secure, and Weber could do that. Eventually, O'Byrne will do that and become much more reliable.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:12 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
I'm sorry, I know the point you are trying to make, but thats a ridiculous comment and you even know it

I would like to see Weber up for a few games, but not because of our PP. I want some pressure on O'Byrne to kick his game up. He needs to know his spot is not secure, and Weber could do that. Eventually, O'Byrne will do that and become much more reliable.
Why is it ridiculous? Some people might feel he's too young to play, well there are 18 year olds playing right now. Yes they are much better than Weber, but like I said he would play a limited role, PP time and some ES time.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Why is it ridiculous? Some people might feel he's too young to play, well there are 18 year olds playing right now. Yes they are much better than Weber, but like I said he would play a limited role, PP time and some ES time.
So you plan on taxing our healthy d-men more during this rough stretch of many games in many nights by adding to thier minutes, cause you have a rookie on the bench who needs to be in a limited role and will take a less than regular shift.

This when we already have 1 Dman hurt, maybe 2.