HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Early Season Evaluation of Naslund as a Blueshirt

Old
11-16-2008, 11:31 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
With everything I read from Canucks fans, I have to say I'm mighty pleased with Naslund, he's been consistent and he's one of our top forwards which he should be.

Now if you see him as a Jagr replacement, I think you'll definitely be disappointed, but if you take him for a Shanny replacement? I think he'll do just fine.
I think you half-right with that assessment. If we are talking about Naslund replacing Jagr's presence, people will definitely be disappointed. However, asking Naslund to replace Jagr's goal production from last year is not unreasonable.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:27 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I think you half-right with that assessment. If we are talking about Naslund replacing Jagr's presence, people will definitely be disappointed. However, asking Naslund to replace Jagr's goal production from last year is not unreasonable.
I think right now Naslund is on pace to do just that, he can notch 25 goals this season.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 08:17 PM
The Thomas J.*

Naslund is doing exactly what I thought he would do in the goal scoring Dept. He will have his spurts of points & his dry spells.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger35 View Post
I think right now Naslund is on pace to do just that, he can notch 25 goals this season.
He's on pace for just that. 25 goals, 33 assists for 57 points.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:36 PM
NY Ranger86

lets be realistic, the guy is SLOW, doesn't hustle into corners, doesn't use his body and is old. Had a horrible game vs. boston saturday...BUT scores the game tieing goal. People B*tch about what Drury and Gomez make per year...in my opinion, Naslund is the BIGGEST waste of money on this team. Aside from all that, he does still have a shot (shannahan like).

Disagree anyone?

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
lets be realistic, the guy is SLOW, doesn't hustle into corners, doesn't use his body and is old. Had a horrible game vs. boston saturday...BUT scores the game tieing goal. People B*tch about what Drury and Gomez make per year...in my opinion, Naslund is the BIGGEST waste of money on this team. Aside from all that, he does still have a shot (shannahan like).

Disagree anyone?
I don't think he is slow. I think he is always in the right position to make a play, and has great hockey sense. Explain to me how he had a horrible game against Boston? He is old, you can't really fight that. He was never a physical player, I didn't think it would change when he turns 35.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:14 AM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:

Disagree anyone?
Yeah...all he does is shy away from the play, skate around slowly, and just try to redeem his weak play with scoring a game tying goal with under a minute to go. Like that would fool us, shame on Naslund...trying to buy us with weak goals we didn't need anyway.

Come on man, check out his production compared to the rest of the team, Naslund is doing just what he was brought here to do, be a consistent contributor to the team's success.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:24 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:

Disagree anyone?
He's not slow. He's not Gomez-esque fast, but he's not slow. He doesn't use his body, never has... so I don't see what you're getting at there.

Gomez doesn't use his body either, do you hate him? How about Malkin and everyone else? Stupid reason to hate someone.

He's on pace for 25 goals. Making $4 million a year. If your measuring money on production, he's beating Gomez and Drury and many others. His contract is more than reasonable.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:28 AM
The Thomas J.*

Naslunds contract is more than resonable, he has been pretty good this season a solid B & will get a little bit better as long as he is healthly.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote