HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Weber Plz

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-17-2008, 01:19 AM
  #51
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
So you plan on taxing our healthy d-men more during this rough stretch of many games in many nights by adding to thier minutes??
They are grown men, they can handle it.

Brisebois played 14 mins, Weber can certainly play 12. That's 2 more mins of icetime that can be divided between 5 different players. It's not like it'll kill them.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:42 AM
  #52
Kman777
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
All I said was I didn't find Weber particularly good in pre-season. Wasn't saying he was bad.

Plus, Carle being more of a passer than a shooter seems exactly what we need, an offensive defenceman that can carry the puck and cycle well in the offensive zone on the PP. Kovalev can be the shooter just like he was on last year's #1 PP. Carle would take on the same role Streit had, just carry the puck and move it around.

Also, stats thus far:

Weber - GP 16, PTS 6
Carle - GP 9, PTS 4

IMO Carle has an edge over Weber and should be the first callup.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:54 AM
  #53
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
All I said was I didn't find Weber particularly good in pre-season. Wasn't saying he was bad.

Plus, Carle being more of a passer than a shooter seems exactly what we need, an offensive defenceman that can carry the puck and cycle well in the offensive zone on the PP. Kovalev can be the shooter just like he was on last year's #1 PP. Carle would take on the same role Streit had, just carry the puck and move it around.

Also, stats thus far:

Weber - GP 16, PTS 6
Carle - GP 9, PTS 4

IMO Carle has an edge over Weber and should be the first callup.
Wow... did you watch the PP last year cause you haven't described Streit's role at all.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:52 AM
  #54
mariolemieux66
Registered User
 
mariolemieux66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
From what i have heard, Carle is more NHL ready than Weber.

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:58 AM
  #55
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
From what i have heard, Carle is more NHL ready than Weber.
From watching both... neither is NHL ready IMO.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:13 AM
  #56
Kman777
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Wow... did you watch the PP last year cause you haven't described Streit's role at all.
Then by all means enlighten me. I remember Streit as being a good passer on the PP.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:15 AM
  #57
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post
Then by all means enlighten me. I remember Streit as being a good passer on the PP.
STreit was the trigger man for the one timer on the PP... can he pass the puck.. yes... but his biggest role was to take the shot from the point on passes from Markov and Kovalev.

Having a guy with a big shot in that spot means that the PK units cannot ignore that position and cheat on Markov and Kovalev.... Was he a good passer?? Yes, and his passing was a nice addition to the PP but it wasn't the key component he brought to he PP. He played the Sheldon Souray role setting up camp between Kovalev and Markov.

You need that big shooter cause it pulls the high forwards a little bit farther away from the net and makes the PK box a little bit more stretched out... by stretching the PP box out farther it becomes easier to pass through the box... those cross ice passes that have been so deadly. Think Kovalev hitting AK46 beside the net.. .or Markov pinching in from the LP.... or the other way you have Markov hitting Pleks on the right side.. .or pleky throwing it around....

The more the box gets spread out the better for the PP... and a passer won't stretch them... they need a threat of a shooter there.


Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-17-2008 at 03:21 AM.
Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:21 AM
  #58
mariolemieux66
Registered User
 
mariolemieux66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to mariolemieux66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
From watching both... neither is NHL ready IMO.
that is exalty what they said on CKAC radio.
If someone get call from Hamilton it should be Carle who is ahead of weber.
Weber is at the moment far from being even close to what Streit brought on the PP
Streit came in the league at 27 years old and plenty of experience playing high level hockey.
I think Weber should stay in Hamilton for 2 or 3 more years

mariolemieux66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 06:00 AM
  #59
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Carle is more of a passer than a shooter, though. We need more people who will shoot the puck on the PP, we have enough passers already.
Carle is pretty much 50/50 IMO. Doesn't have a specific tendency that he goes with. Some shifts he will shoot more, some he will pass more, but generally he mixes it up quite well on the point.

Weber slightly favours his shot over the option to pass, and honestly, I'm glad he does. Rarely ever misses the net, from any angle, under any degree of pressure, with any type of shot.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 06:06 AM
  #60
Kimota
Nation of Poutine
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 22,140
vCash: 500
Either way we must do something. 0 in 9!

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 09:01 AM
  #61
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Solution:

Waive Dandenault, Begin and Brisebois

Assign O'Byrne to Hamilton

Call up: D'Agostini, Chipchura, Weber and Carle.
So Dag and Chipchura plays one game out of 5 each. Weber is a regular and Carle hope for an injury to play.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 09:04 AM
  #62
kostitsyn1489
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Louiseville, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariolemieux66 View Post
that is exalty what they said on CKAC radio.
If someone get call from Hamilton it should be Carle who is ahead of weber.
Weber is at the moment far from being even close to what Streit brought on the PP
Streit came in the league at 27 years old and plenty of experience playing high level hockey.
I think Weber should stay in Hamilton for 2 or 3 more years
What does his developement has to do with Streit's you cant even compare both. Weber played in NA at 17, Streit at 27. He would have been NHL ready faster since he would have played on an NHL rink rather then international one.

I'm not saying Weber is NHL ready tho.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 09:36 AM
  #63
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
So Dag and Chipchura plays one game out of 5 each. Weber is a regular and Carle hope for an injury to play.



Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.