HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators Interested in a Panthers Defenseman? (Eklund)

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Belak and Neil on the same team=puke

Vermette would only want him in a package deal for Bou if we get the 1st rounder in 09'....and lets face it that 1st round from Ottawa would be beween 10-17th overall most likely

---What reliable sources have said this is the DEEPEST draft since 2003? I thought last year was that year when we traded our pick for TIVO ---
I've seen a lot of the prospects for this year's draft, and IMO it is the best draft since 2003. You're right, last year was the best since 03, but this year is even better. That is the popular opinion as well, if you go to the prospects board and look around, a lot of people are saying it will be the best since 03, and maybe even rival it. I've even seen people say it will be better. Idk about all that, but IMO it's definitely the best since 03.

Old
11-16-2008, 09:00 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveMatthew View Post
No it isn't.

The Penguins traded Erik Christenson, Colby Armstrong, Angelo Esposito and a 1st rounder for Hossa last year.

Granted, Vermette is quite a bit better than anyone in the package, but Esposito is better than the 2nd rounder I'm offering, and Ottawa is pretty desperate for a #1 defenseman right now. Armstrong is the equivalent of Kelly/Neil.
If you keep spezza out of the deal then maybe its a fair deal.Floria is not going to want to risk having getting nothing in return.

Old
11-17-2008, 05:27 AM
Acadmus

Well, besides the fact the discussion has turned to fantasy trade offers, which belong in another thread, this thread itself was begun based on an Eklund rumor. Whereas we don't prohibit mentioning Eklund rumors, our house policy here on the Panthers board is to not allow threads to be started based on his rumors, since 99.9999999999% of them are completely baseless (i.e. he makes them up).

So /thread.