HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

#17 -- Thrashers at Flyers -- November 16, 2008 -- 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
11-17-2008, 06:43 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Gagne is now 4th in the league in scoring behind Malkin, Semin, and Hoss.

Semin- 27
Hossa- 23
Gagne- 22
Getzlaf- 22
Crosby- 22
Iginla- 21
Kane- 21

Goals:
Semin- 13
Vanek- 13
Parise- 12
Gagne- 11
Carter- 11
Setoguchi- 10
Iginla- 10
Heatley- 10
Kozlov- 10
Zetterberg- 10
Hossa- 10

Pretty damn good company in both aspects.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 07:34 AM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 122
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Above .500 now!

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 07:52 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

From the look on Lupul's face as he accepted the congrats of his teammates after scoring last night, he's obviously an unhappy camper. Guy didn't even crack a smile.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 07:59 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCannon View Post
Does anyone had a YT of Richards hit on Higgins last night or Upshalls hit tonight??
Upshall's hit is great, but I want to see the two hits Sbisa had in open ice over the span of 10 seconds. The person next to me said after the first hit "that was great, do it again" so he did

It was one of his better games.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 08:09 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
From the look on Lupul's face as he accepted the congrats of his teammates after scoring last night, he's obviously an unhappy camper. Guy didn't even crack a smile.
that's worrisome. hopefully he gets on a tear and earns back his icetime. the guy really is streaky.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 08:54 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
that's worrisome. hopefully he gets on a tear and earns back his icetime. the guy really is streaky.
I don't think it is worrisome, not everyone celebrates a goal by doing a dance and skipping, sometimes after a hard fought goal you just give a big of a fist pump and head back to the bench to do it again on your next shift. He also did skate end to end getting hooked and slashed and was probably in a bit of a frustrated mood despite scoring.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
I don't think it is worrisome, not everyone celebrates a goal by doing a dance and skipping, sometimes after a hard fought goal you just give a big of a fist pump and head back to the bench to do it again on your next shift. He also did skate end to end getting hooked and slashed and was probably in a bit of a frustrated mood despite scoring.
He's pissed. Just read his recent quotes about the situation. Even in text you can hear his teeth grinding.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 09:46 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNet View Post
Most times guys will at least show their teammates some love.

He was sulking like a little b****.

Old
11-17-2008, 10:19 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1213
For the person who asked earlier in the thread about consecutive wins:
Quote:

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art.../1017/sports04

For the second time this season and the 11th time in his career, Niittymaki sent the Thrashers home losers Sunday night, turning away 29 of 32 shots in a 4-3 Flyers win in front of 19,437 fans at the Wachovia Center.

The win improved Niittymaki's career mark against the Thrashers to 11-0, inching him closer to the NHL record for consecutive wins by a goaltender against one team. That record belongs to former Montreal Canadiens goaltender Ken Dryden, who won 19 straight games against the Washington Capitals.

Among active goaltenders, Detroit's Chris Osgood recorded 17 straight wins over the Tampa Bay Lightning. Former Flyers goaltender Bob Froese also beat the Pittsburgh Penguins 17 straight times.

"That is uh Mine That Bird now to come on to take the lead...In a spectacular, spectacular upset, Mine That Bird has won the Kentucky Derby... an impossible result here!," Tom Durkin. The three degrees of Unbridled.
MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:

He's been playing like a man who believes he's on the trading block lately. I'm not the biggest Lupul fan but I could find a lot more faults to his game than not being happy after a goal....that he manufactured on his own no less. He reacted just about the way I felt after he scored. I'd rather see a guy act like he's scored a few anyways.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 10:53 AM
chaosof99*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Upshall's hit is great, but I want to see the two hits Sbisa had in open ice over the span of 10 seconds. The person next to me said after the first hit "that was great, do it again" so he did

It was one of his better games.

You are lucky that I missed the game and was just watching the it on a torrented video when I read this:

Sorry for the bad quality, but that was all I could muster since I rarely edit videos and I installed the program I used just for this. Also had to remove the sound since it was just "chop-chop-chop-chop-krz" all the time. Bad quality download in terms of encoding :/. Maybe I'll figure it out later.

Any other clips from the game wanted?

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 10:58 AM
ToTheNet

Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
He's pissed. Just read his recent quotes about the situation. Even in text you can hear his teeth grinding.
I'm not saying he isn't unhappy, but from watching him last night, the puck was bouncing all over the place when he had it, he didn't seem like he had great control last night. He had a break where he was held onto the whole way and on his goal he had a guy all over him hooking and slashing him. He gave an "IN YOUR FACE" fist pump, it isn't like he didn't celebrate at all and just jumped on the bench and sat down. He had a rough game.

ToTheNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 11:07 AM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:

A lot of times guys will show love if they just got a gift of a goal or a nice pass to set it up. he did that mostly himself so he didnt really have anyone to say " nice ******* pass!" or anything like that. A lot of guys just dont go nuts for goals. Briere does it simply because its his thing. Some guys go crazy every time they score and some act like its not the first time they have done it and just go on with the game. Honeslty, guys WILL rip on you if you celebrate a goal too much. Its all in good fun but some guys really do think its funny when players celebrate goals.

I remember a guy in college that never celebrated goals because it just wasnt his thing and he scored a ton of goals. After a goal to break a tie with about 2 minutes like he gave a very slight fist pump becasue he basically knew he just won the game and was obviosuly excited. We were doing his fist pump after every goal in practices for months making fun of him.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 11:52 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
the guy is "really streaky" because he can not get a steady set of linemates. This goes for most of the people on this team with the exception of Richards. We have so many injuries / Stevens changes the lines every other game. I know personally from experience that it is hard as hell to get used to your linemates. I cant imagine what its like having to go from Richards as your center to Glen Metropolit. Lets be serious, he will be fine if they stop switching him around like a prostitute.

JSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:30 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
He's been playing like a man who believes he's on the trading block lately. I'm not the biggest Lupul fan but I could find a lot more faults to his game than not being happy after a goal....that he manufactured on his own no less. He reacted just about the way I felt after he scored. I'd rather see a guy act like he's scored a few anyways.
Exactly. What do you guys expect after that piss poor performance? Were any of you actually celebrating that goal? Do you celebrate when you beat a mentally disabled 8 year old at chess too?

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:09 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
He's been playing like a man who believes he's on the trading block lately.
More delicately put than I, and agreed.