HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not Carbo Bashing but....

Old
11-16-2008, 10:42 AM
BigTimer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosti46 View Post

If you are as smart as you think you are you would know that is NOT true. Do you honestly think we are going to believe you are smarter, and know more about coaching the Habs than Carbo?

If you are really a Habs fan what do you LIKE about the team?

What fan always puts his own team down?

All I see you doing is running the players, coach, GM, and team down.

Are you really a know it all like you think you are???????

Well you don't have to believe me... you aren't terribly important anyways.

Carbo is a moron. No two ways about it. Not pulling Halak with 2 minutes left in the game is amateur level coaching. Rolling the lines as he does is a sign of incompetance, and bringing Brisebois back just so he can play in his 1000th game is a disgrace to the jersey and a big reason why I hope for an errant puck to hit both in the face and put an end to this little circus.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 10:52 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Carbonneau didn't even take a time out to organize the PP. To come to think of it.
Carbo tends to not use his time outs??? Why??? He is becoming a much better coach, but he still has some stuff to work on...

BLONG7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 11:39 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Carbo tends to not use his time outs??? Why??? He is becoming a much better coach, but he still has some stuff to work on...
Carbo doesn't know how to match lines. And him and Jarvis are not good at sending the proper d-men against opponents' lines.

When are we gonna get a real D-Men coach on that team ?

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 04:52 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Guy Drouin View Post
Carbo should use Laraque time to time with SAku and Tanguay for exemple. or with Kovy and Plekanec. For a few shifts, not the whole game, of course! It may help by giving more intensity to players.
This might be the dumbest idea i've ever read on this board.... Wow....

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 08:56 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I wouldn't mind plopping Laraque in front of their goalie on the PP though.

I didn't realize so many people disliked Carbs so much. I think he's been doing a good job.

As far as Therrien goes, I think he's a terrible coach. When you have 5 guys who were picked top 5 overall in the draft on your team, you should be expected to go to the Stanley Cup finals. I have no respect for the Pens' success.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 09:01 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufonzo View Post
I wouldn't mind plopping Laraque in front of their goalie on the PP though.
In order for that to work, he'd need to get to the net before the PP is over.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 10:07 AM
la25ecoupe

Carbo gave us the ALL STARS line up yesterday lol.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 11:28 AM
All-Star

Coaching isn't the Habs' problem at this point. Players trying to do too much by themselves is...

All-Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Jakomyte

Its funny, Carbo was voted as a very close runner up for the Jack Adams last year, but I guess starting the season at 10-4-2 is reason enough to get pissed off at him.

Who here can honestly say that they would NOT have been happy if back in September you were told this would be our record after 16 games? Complain all you want about current team performance, but no NHL team plays consistently well throughout an 82-game season. These guys will bounce back and hit a groove. The coaching staff will work out the kinks, keeping in mind about 1/4 of the forwards this year are new to the team. Time to take a deep breath and relax.

Jakomyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakomyte View Post
Its funny, Carbo was voted as a very close runner up for the Jack Adams last year, but I guess starting the season at 10-4-2 is reason enough to get pissed off at him.

Who here can honestly say that they would NOT have been happy if back in September you were told this would be our record after 16 games? Complain all you want about current team performance, but no NHL team plays consistently well throughout an 82-game season. These guys will bounce back and hit a groove. The coaching staff will work out the kinks, keeping in mind about 1/4 of the forwards this year are new to the team. Time to take a deep breath and relax.
Yep.

I'm one of the people who are quite worried about the team right now but in no way do I think Carbo is the problem. It's just so easy to blame the coach all the time whenever something goes wrong...

For everyone who wants him replaced.. Carbo probably spends 28 hrs a day trying to think of ways to make the team play better, nothing you're suggesting is new and nothing hasn't been thought of already by him, Muller, Jarvis, Melanson, etc... All people who have a ton more of experience than anyone here might think they have.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

I'm in the same mindset. I'm really not worried. The next 4 games could prove to be good, I do hope. The Habs fare well against Carolina, then they'll go up against the Sens whom they've been playing well for awhile, they will be tooth and nail against Boston Saturday to try and get revenge and the Ruins will probably be too overconfident, typical of a Julien team that starts winning, and then the Isles to top off the first quarter of the season. Lest people will remember that by the end of November, early December, last year, a lot were calling for Carbo's head on a platter. Yet the Habs started playing their best hockey and hitting their stride in mid-December and were very good from that point, except for the bad sequence they had when Hammer was injured. A season is long and teams go up and down.

I've read some Quebecer Bruins fan laying it on the Habs after the win against the Blues. Saying that the last few losses had shown the Habs true colors, that it shows that teams like Philly, NY, Boston, Pittsburg and Washington are all superior to the Habs. And they say it is WE Habs fans who get overconfident by a good sequence. That illogical fellow should just wait awhile. I guess he felt it was time to gloat... y'know, just in case he won't be able to do that again in awhile, as he knows the Habs aren't playing their best hockey and that he will probably be eating his soxes in 1 or 2 months or so.

There are things that might be worrying. Still who can say that these things are permanent. Patience is a virtue and let's just wait and see what's gonna happen. There is just too much talent on this team to not get on a roll and play well. There is a reason why Carbo was runner-up to the Adams. There was a reason why the Habs finished with one of the best offense in the league. And this present team is much similar to the one we had last year, except with a few better elements. It's just a question of finding the right recipe, it takes time and we will surely get there. The armchair coaches can say all they want, it won't make a difference. Growing pains were to be expected, its nothing new. People should just stop expecting perfection and wait for the team to get better and they will, for me, without any doubt.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Carbo seems to be afraid to crack the whip. The last 5 games have been very mediocre and an overall lack of intensity.

The only decisive game was vs Ottawa who is playing as poorly as anybody in the NHL lately.

They got badly outworked against Toronto and Boston...and for 40 minutes against NY Islanders. The Boston game was a horrible lack of mental focus and physical intensity. Toronto game was nealy as bad. Phillie game, their defense blows and we can only manage 1 goal and about 5-6 dangerous shots...not acceptable.

The St.Louis game was ok but nothing too special.

What is Carbo waiting for to crack the whip? How about a 7am "no pucks" practise?

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Carbo seems to be afraid to crack the whip. The last 5 games have been very mediocre and an overall lack of intensity.

The only decisive game was vs Ottawa who is playing as poorly as anybody in the NHL lately.

They got badly outworked against Toronto and Boston...and for 40 minutes against NY Islanders. The Boston game was a horrible lack of mental focus and physical intensity. Toronto game was nealy as bad. Phillie game, their defense blows and we can only manage 1 goal and about 5-6 dangerous shots...not acceptable.

The St.Louis game was ok but nothing too special.

What is Carbo waiting for to crack the whip? How about a 7am "no pucks" practise?

They were bad against Philly, and they did have good chances. The problem was that the Philly squad kept hooking, holding and creating obstructions and the refs hid their whistles away from the begining of the 2nd till late in the 3rd. Its a bit hard to skate around and create offensive chances when the opposing team is free to counter you in anyway possible like it was in the late 90's. The refering was totally disguting in that game. As soon as Philly was leading 2-0, no more whistles. I do agree that the Habs did get a PP at the end and didn't capitalize, yet that's not what hockey should be about. If you make the effort and the other team has to use illegal means to stop you and don't get called for it, you have to get lucky to win such a game.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:48 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:

Can we use this for the players too ?

I mean, Kovalev was great LAST YEAR too you know...

I mean, if we can't be pissed at the coach cause we have a nice record, why should we be pissed at the players then ? they do have the same record as the coach you know...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:55 PM
Chomsky

Carbo announced he'll keep the same lines against Carolina. The almighty Tang-Koivu-Kovalev line will stay together...

http://habsinsideout.com/

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

It's not about the record, the work ethic is simply not there and they have gotten outworked pretty much every game but one the last 2 weeks, it's a disturbing trend, if it's not reversed it will turn into what happened to Ottawa last year. A good coach has his team progressing throughout the season, right now the Habs are going backwards and they need a serious wakeup call, like a 7am no pucjs practise.

Old
11-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
They were bad against Philly, and they did have good chances. The problem was that the Philly squad kept hooking, holding and creating obstructions and the refs hid their whistles away from the begining of the 2nd till late in the 3rd. Its a bit hard to skate around and create offensive chances when the opposing team is free to counter you in anyway possible like it was in the late 90's. The refering was totally disguting in that game. As soon as Philly was leading 2-0, no more whistles. I do agree that the Habs did get a PP at the end and didn't capitalize, yet that's not what hockey should be about. If you make the effort and the other team has to use illegal means to stop you and don't get called for it, you have to get lucky to win such a game.
If you show up for 60 minutes, you don't fall behing 2-0 to a team like Phillie. Their defense is terrible outside 2-3 guys, look at the shots and goals they have given up the last few weeks. It's a joke that a team as talented as ours can only score once.

Old
11-17-2008, 02:02 PM
ReVeuF

Carbo gave a day off today to all players.

Personnally i would make them at least practice the PP today...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:04 PM
BORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
here is a bad idea ...

make a movie called Waterworld

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I'm in the same mindset. I'm really not worried. The next 4 games could prove to be good, I do hope. The Habs fare well against Carolina, then they'll go up against the Sens whom they've been playing well for awhile, they will be tooth and nail against Boston Saturday to try and get revenge and the Ruins will probably be too overconfident, typical of a Julien team that starts winning, and then the Isles to top off the first quarter of the season. Lest people will remember that by the end of November, early December, last year, a lot were calling for Carbo's head on a platter. Yet the Habs started playing their best hockey and hitting their stride in mid-December and were very good from that point, except for the bad sequence they had when Hammer was injured. A season is long and teams go up and down.

I've read some Quebecer Bruins fan laying it on the Habs after the win against the Blues. Saying that the last few losses had shown the Habs true colors, that it shows that teams like Philly, NY, Boston, Pittsburg and Washington are all superior to the Habs. And they say it is WE Habs fans who get overconfident by a good sequence. That illogical fellow should just wait awhile. I guess he felt it was time to gloat... y'know, just in case he won't be able to do that again in awhile, as he knows the Habs aren't playing their best hockey and that he will probably be eating his soxes in 1 or 2 months or so.

There are things that might be worrying. Still who can say that these things are permanent. Patience is a virtue and let's just wait and see what's gonna happen. There is just too much talent on this team to not get on a roll and play well. There is a reason why Carbo was runner-up to the Adams. There was a reason why the Habs finished with one of the best offense in the league. And this present team is much similar to the one we had last year, except with a few better elements. It's just a question of finding the right recipe, it takes time and we will surely get there. The armchair coaches can say all they want, it won't make a difference. Growing pains were to be expected, its nothing new. People should just stop expecting perfection and wait for the team to get better and they will, for me, without any doubt.
Guys that have talent are usualy more headcases than the character guys that only have to work hard. It's all about confidence. The Habs are the type of team filled with skilled guys and skaters and have always more trouble getting it on at the beginning of a season. But when they do find their game, like it says in french "trouver sa vitesse de croisiere" watch out, it's goona be Hell on Wheels. Look at last game: we won it just because one player(ONE PLAYER!) woke up with Andrei Kostitsyn. Imagine when Kovy and Plek and so forth will wake up too and our PP starts to work, it's going to get scary.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post

I'd have made them shot the puck at the damn net all practice long. Maybe the message would have gotten thru.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post

He's doing great ... and in the bigger picture giving them rests might help them to avoid injuries... we're in november for christ sake , I don't know why people are bashing Carbo when some players are clearly playing under par performance...

last year, we peaked to early in the season, right after the all star game from what I remember... this year, we need to peak during the last 10 games of the season...

my humble opinion ...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:37 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
He's doing great ... and in the bigger picture giving them rests might help them to avoid injuries... we're in november for christ sake , I don't know why people are bashing Carbo when some players are clearly playing under par performance...

last year, we peaked to early in the season, right after the all star game from what I remember... this year, we need to peak during the last 10 games of the season...

my humble opinion ...
There is also the fact that they flew (sp? fly in the past) during the night last night to Carolina... It ain't a good idea to over-practice. He is probably aware they needed the practice but sometimes you just can't.

PP practicing isn't energy demanding so you can do that on game day morning skate.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 02:44 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post

my humble opinion ...
it's his frigging job to make them perform...

I'M ok with the no practice today though, 2 games in 2 nights, travel in between, travel after St Louis game, break needed.

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post
here is a bad idea ...

make a movie called Waterworld
Bad idea... yes... but its still not as bad as putting Laraque on our top 2 lines.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote