HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New York’s team needs.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-12-2004, 07:27 AM
  #1
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Sarnia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,342
vCash: 500
New York’s team needs.

I proposed a question on the ‘Trade rumors and free agent talk’ board of “What are your favorite teams glaring needs?” and it was said in not so many words that New York’s biggest need were a veteran or two, a top 6 winger and a young top 4 defenseman . Do any of these Wings players sound like they might fill one or all of your needs? Detroit would need to pay some salary of certain players on the below list to make anything work though.

C Robert Lang
C Pavel Datsyuk
C Jiri Hudler
RW Tomas Holmstrom
RW Darren McCarty
LW Ray Whitney
D Nicklas Lidstrom
D Derian Hatcher
D Jason Woolley
D Jiri Fischer
D Mathieu Dandenault
D Dmitri Bykov
G Manny Legace
G Stefan Liv

I would love GM Ken Holland to start collecting draft picks/prospects instead of trading for established players unless they are in their mid 20’s. Go ahead and propose a trade.

DanStewartFC is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 07:30 AM
  #2
dumpsathernow*
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 612
vCash: 500
Other then Datsyuk there is nobody I would want. Hudler is a vastly overrated prospect. He would be rated 6 at best if he was a Ranger prospects by the clueless buffoons at HF.

The Wings are on the decline. Let them suffer and burn slowly. I will enjoy it.

dumpsathernow* is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 07:35 AM
  #3
robertch
Registered User
 
robertch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Ray Whitney would be a nice addition for one season. He plays well with youth and would thrive playing with Jagr much the way he did alongside Bure.

robertch is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 07:59 AM
  #4
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
I proposed a question on the ‘Trade rumors and free agent talk’ board of “What are your favorite teams glaring needs?” and it was said in not so many words that New York’s biggest need were a veteran or two, a top 6 winger and a young top 4 defenseman . Do any of these Wings players sound like they might fill one or all of your needs? Detroit would need to pay some salary of certain players on the below list to make anything work though.

C Robert Lang
C Pavel Datsyuk
C Jiri Hudler
RW Tomas Holmstrom
RW Darren McCarty
LW Ray Whitney
D Nicklas Lidstrom
D Derian Hatcher
D Jason Woolley
D Jiri Fischer
D Mathieu Dandenault
D Dmitri Bykov
G Manny Legace
G Stefan Liv

I would love GM Ken Holland to start collecting draft picks/prospects instead of trading for established players unless they are in their mid 20’s. Go ahead and propose a trade.
At least you didn't ask for Jessiman, Tyutin and next year's #1 pick for any of them this time.

jas is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 08:01 AM
  #5
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagerasdom
Other then Datsyuk there is nobody I would want. Hudler is a vastly overrated prospect. He would be rated 6 at best if he was a Ranger prospects by the clueless buffoons at HF.

The Wings are on the decline. Let them suffer and burn slowly. I will enjoy it.

I agree, we are rebuilding so we do not need to trade for veterans. Our main goal isn't to make the playoffs but to nuture our prospects and give them the best chance to succeed. In most cases that means playing time. If we need a veteran to lead them, he can be signed as a free agent..

The Rangers went through with their destruction much to the chagrin on the rest of the league(Detroit fans included). Detroit is approaching that phase and I will enjoy it when it does happen .....

DarthSather99 is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 08:20 AM
  #6
Potted Plant
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagerasdom
Other then Datsyuk there is nobody I would want. Hudler is a vastly overrated prospect. He would be rated 6 at best if he was a Ranger prospects by the clueless buffoons at HF.

The Wings are on the decline. Let them suffer and burn slowly. I will enjoy it.
The guy came in to ask a simple question. There's no need to be rude to him.

To answer the simple question, I will second the anser of Whitney, but the cost would have to be rock bottom. He's good for what we need right now: a veteran left winger to work with kids for a year or two.

Long term, we really need "key guys"; cornerstone type first line players to build a team around. The only one of those I think you have for us Datsyuk, and he's kind of borderline I think.

Potted Plant is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 09:23 AM
  #7
Garden_Variety
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I agree, we are rebuilding so we do not need to trade for veterans. Our main goal isn't to make the playoffs but to nuture our prospects and give them the best chance to succeed. In most cases that means playing time. If we need a veteran to lead them, he can be signed as a free agent..

The Rangers went through with their destruction much to the chagrin on the rest of the league(Detroit fans included). Detroit is approaching that phase and I will enjoy it when it does happen .....
Amen...Detroit has done the same thing the Rangers have when it comes to free-agents but have been successful at it. I feel bad for Wings fans who have to watch a team of 40 year olds and Datysuk. Zetterberg's good too though.

Garden_Variety is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 09:54 AM
  #8
nyr7andcounting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,919
vCash: 500
Datsyuk would be a great pickup. He would play first line with Jagr and allow Holik to be a checking center. He is young and talented, and can not only help us now but is also a building block for the future.

Now that Rolston and Conroy are gone, a young guy like Datsyuk is the best option if you are going to acquire a top line center.

nyr7andcounting is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 10:05 AM
  #9
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,779
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
Datsyuk would be a great pickup. He would play first line with Jagr and allow Holik to be a checking center. He is young and talented, and can not only help us now but is also a building block for the future.

Now that Rolston and Conroy are gone, a young guy like Datsyuk is the best option if you are going to acquire a top line center.
Datsyuk would cost a good ammount. As long as Jessiman, Tyutin, Montoya and next years first aren't included, its something certainly worth considering.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 10:21 AM
  #10
Sather Hater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
How about Bobby Holik for Derian Hatcher.....

Sather Hater is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 07:34 PM
  #11
shadoz19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I agree, we are rebuilding so we do not need to trade for veterans. Our main goal isn't to make the playoffs but to nuture our prospects and give them the best chance to succeed. In most cases that means playing time. If we need a veteran to lead them, he can be signed as a free agent..

The Rangers went through with their destruction much to the chagrin on the rest of the league(Detroit fans included). Detroit is approaching that phase and I will enjoy it when it does happen ..
Keep dreamin. There will be a let down phase, but not a destruction phase. The Wings are a much better managed team and had solid nucleus when they went after big name fre agents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
How about Bobby Holik for Derian Hatcher.....
No thanks.

shadoz19 is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 07:49 PM
  #12
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
why even bother with datsyuk when we can still sign nylander to be a stopgap, and if he signs elsewhere ill be more than happy to sign a guy like miller, zholtok, wiemer, or green to fill in as our 2nd line center in the meantime

datsyuk will cost too much, or at least a blue chip that we cant afford to lose, so i say we sign a stopgap for a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option deal and go from there

Janerixon is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 08:02 PM
  #13
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Currently I think NYR's biggest needs are a capable starting goaltender, a veteran top 6 caliber forward that is capable of playing the first line and a filler for the bottom lines. I am not looking to go all out for this but we can not go into the season playing 10 rookies. These are needs that should be addressed via free agency not trade.


Although I don't see it as a need, I think the Rangers would be helping themselves if they added a veteran/leader type defenseman ie: Boughner who was signed by the Avs I think.

Poti
Kasparitus
Rachunek
Tjutin
Lampman
Kondratiev

good group of talent but leadership is deffinitely missing

in the hall is offline  
Old
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
  #14
xander
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Section A Lynah Rink
Posts: 4,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
The guy came in to ask a simple question. There's no need to be rude to him.

To answer the simple question, I will second the anser of Whitney, but the cost would have to be rock bottom. He's good for what we need right now: a veteran left winger to work with kids for a year or two.

Long term, we really need "key guys"; cornerstone type first line players to build a team around. The only one of those I think you have for us Datsyuk, and he's kind of borderline I think.
you should always be polite, but you can't blame people for being alittle anoyed with the guy after the barrage of asanine trades a couple months back.

xander is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.