HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New York’s team needs.

Closed Thread

Old
07-12-2004, 07:27 AM
DanStewartFC
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
New York’s team needs.

I proposed a question on the ‘Trade rumors and free agent talk’ board of “What are your favorite teams glaring needs?” and it was said in not so many words that New York’s biggest need were a veteran or two, a top 6 winger and a young top 4 defenseman . Do any of these Wings players sound like they might fill one or all of your needs? Detroit would need to pay some salary of certain players on the below list to make anything work though.

C Robert Lang
C Pavel Datsyuk
C Jiri Hudler
RW Tomas Holmstrom
RW Darren McCarty
LW Ray Whitney
D Nicklas Lidstrom
D Derian Hatcher
D Jason Woolley
D Jiri Fischer
D Mathieu Dandenault
D Dmitri Bykov
G Manny Legace
G Stefan Liv

I would love GM Ken Holland to start collecting draft picks/prospects instead of trading for established players unless they are in their mid 20’s. Go ahead and propose a trade.

Old
07-12-2004, 07:30 AM
dumpsathernow*

Other then Datsyuk there is nobody I would want. Hudler is a vastly overrated prospect. He would be rated 6 at best if he was a Ranger prospects by the clueless buffoons at HF.

The Wings are on the decline. Let them suffer and burn slowly. I will enjoy it.

Old
07-12-2004, 07:35 AM
robertch

Ray Whitney would be a nice addition for one season. He plays well with youth and would thrive playing with Jagr much the way he did alongside Bure.

Old
07-12-2004, 07:59 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup4Wings
I proposed a question on the ‘Trade rumors and free agent talk’ board of “What are your favorite teams glaring needs?” and it was said in not so many words that New York’s biggest need were a veteran or two, a top 6 winger and a young top 4 defenseman . Do any of these Wings players sound like they might fill one or all of your needs? Detroit would need to pay some salary of certain players on the below list to make anything work though.

C Robert Lang
C Pavel Datsyuk
C Jiri Hudler
RW Tomas Holmstrom
RW Darren McCarty
LW Ray Whitney
D Nicklas Lidstrom
D Derian Hatcher
D Jason Woolley
D Jiri Fischer
D Mathieu Dandenault
D Dmitri Bykov
G Manny Legace
G Stefan Liv

I would love GM Ken Holland to start collecting draft picks/prospects instead of trading for established players unless they are in their mid 20’s. Go ahead and propose a trade.
At least you didn't ask for Jessiman, Tyutin and next year's #1 pick for any of them this time.

Old
07-12-2004, 08:01 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagerasdom
Other then Datsyuk there is nobody I would want. Hudler is a vastly overrated prospect. He would be rated 6 at best if he was a Ranger prospects by the clueless buffoons at HF.

I agree, we are rebuilding so we do not need to trade for veterans. Our main goal isn't to make the playoffs but to nuture our prospects and give them the best chance to succeed. In most cases that means playing time. If we need a veteran to lead them, he can be signed as a free agent..

The Rangers went through with their destruction much to the chagrin on the rest of the league(Detroit fans included). Detroit is approaching that phase and I will enjoy it when it does happen .....

Old
07-12-2004, 08:20 AM
Potted Plant

Send a message via AIM to Potted Plant
Quote:
Originally Posted by yagerasdom

The guy came in to ask a simple question. There's no need to be rude to him.

To answer the simple question, I will second the anser of Whitney, but the cost would have to be rock bottom. He's good for what we need right now: a veteran left winger to work with kids for a year or two.

Long term, we really need "key guys"; cornerstone type first line players to build a team around. The only one of those I think you have for us Datsyuk, and he's kind of borderline I think.

Old
07-12-2004, 09:23 AM
Garden_Variety

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I agree, we are rebuilding so we do not need to trade for veterans. Our main goal isn't to make the playoffs but to nuture our prospects and give them the best chance to succeed. In most cases that means playing time. If we need a veteran to lead them, he can be signed as a free agent..

The Rangers went through with their destruction much to the chagrin on the rest of the league(Detroit fans included). Detroit is approaching that phase and I will enjoy it when it does happen .....
Amen...Detroit has done the same thing the Rangers have when it comes to free-agents but have been successful at it. I feel bad for Wings fans who have to watch a team of 40 year olds and Datysuk. Zetterberg's good too though.

Old
07-12-2004, 09:54 AM
nyr7andcounting

Datsyuk would be a great pickup. He would play first line with Jagr and allow Holik to be a checking center. He is young and talented, and can not only help us now but is also a building block for the future.

Now that Rolston and Conroy are gone, a young guy like Datsyuk is the best option if you are going to acquire a top line center.

Old
07-12-2004, 10:05 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr7andcounting
Datsyuk would be a great pickup. He would play first line with Jagr and allow Holik to be a checking center. He is young and talented, and can not only help us now but is also a building block for the future.

Now that Rolston and Conroy are gone, a young guy like Datsyuk is the best option if you are going to acquire a top line center.
Datsyuk would cost a good ammount. As long as Jessiman, Tyutin, Montoya and next years first aren't included, its something certainly worth considering.

Old
07-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Sather Hater

How about Bobby Holik for Derian Hatcher.....

Old
07-12-2004, 07:34 PM
shadoz19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99

The Rangers went through with their destruction much to the chagrin on the rest of the league(Detroit fans included). Detroit is approaching that phase and I will enjoy it when it does happen ..
Keep dreamin. There will be a let down phase, but not a destruction phase. The Wings are a much better managed team and had solid nucleus when they went after big name fre agents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater
How about Bobby Holik for Derian Hatcher.....
No thanks.

Old
07-12-2004, 07:49 PM
Janerixon

why even bother with datsyuk when we can still sign nylander to be a stopgap, and if he signs elsewhere ill be more than happy to sign a guy like miller, zholtok, wiemer, or green to fill in as our 2nd line center in the meantime

datsyuk will cost too much, or at least a blue chip that we cant afford to lose, so i say we sign a stopgap for a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option deal and go from there

Old
07-12-2004, 08:02 PM
in the hall

Currently I think NYR's biggest needs are a capable starting goaltender, a veteran top 6 caliber forward that is capable of playing the first line and a filler for the bottom lines. I am not looking to go all out for this but we can not go into the season playing 10 rookies. These are needs that should be addressed via free agency not trade.

Although I don't see it as a need, I think the Rangers would be helping themselves if they added a veteran/leader type defenseman ie: Boughner who was signed by the Avs I think.

Poti
Kasparitus
Rachunek
Tjutin
Lampman
Kondratiev

good group of talent but leadership is deffinitely missing

Old
07-12-2004, 08:09 PM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie
The guy came in to ask a simple question. There's no need to be rude to him.

To answer the simple question, I will second the anser of Whitney, but the cost would have to be rock bottom. He's good for what we need right now: a veteran left winger to work with kids for a year or two.

Long term, we really need "key guys"; cornerstone type first line players to build a team around. The only one of those I think you have for us Datsyuk, and he's kind of borderline I think.
you should always be polite, but you can't blame people for being alittle anoyed with the guy after the barrage of asanine trades a couple months back.

Closed Thread