HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Special Teams

Closed Thread

Old
11-17-2008, 03:15 PM
BigShoop

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BigShoop
Special Teams

Call me crazy, but I remember a day when Vinny and Marty were almost as lethal on the penalty kill as they were 5 on 5. Why the decrease in PK time this season?

Also, do you think Stamkos should be put out there on the PP? I realize our 2nd unit has been the most productive lately, but couldn't they mix him in there occasionally at the very least?! A lot of people talk about how he's a half second behind the "speed of the game" and that he just needs ice time. Well, on the PP, wouldn't his deficiencies be canceled out and his positives accentuated?

Old
11-17-2008, 03:51 PM
bassassin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigShoop View Post
Call me crazy, but I remember a day when Vinny and Marty were almost as lethal on the penalty kill as they were 5 on 5. Why the decrease in PK time this season?

Also, do you think Stamkos should be put out there on the PP? I realize our 2nd unit has been the most productive lately, but couldn't they mix him in there occasionally at the very least?! A lot of people talk about how he's a half second behind the "speed of the game" and that he just needs ice time. Well, on the PP, wouldn't his deficiencies be canceled out and his positives accentuated?
Melrose is why quite simply, I think with Tocchet we will see Stamkos out on the PP and maybe some Vinny and Marty on PK which should be good.

Closed Thread