HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Skate Tounge Burn

Old
11-18-2008, 09:32 AM
ShowmeHawks

vCash: 500
Skate Tounge Burn

I've had my skates (Bauer XXII) for about a year and a half. They are broken in, and had'em baked. The skates have been fine up until about 3 weeks ago. Now the side of the tounge is rubbing against the side of my leg and causing a lot of pain with every stride. It feels a lot like "lace bite," but it is happening above where the skate laces up.

Has anyone else had any problems like this? If so, how did you solve the problem?

ShowmeHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:13 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 450
I would try longer socks, or wearing your shin pads on the inside of your skate in the traditional way, which will separate the top of the tongue from your leg.

I'm assuming this is above the laces, right?

Or start the bottom of your sock inside your skate- put the sock on first, then the skate so the sock goes inside the skate. Then you pull the sock down and put the shinpad on, or even do the shinpads and socks and then the skate.

Basically, separate the top of the tongue from your leg.
Wearing skates like this does that:

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:00 PM
Headcoach

Send a message via AIM to Headcoach Send a message via MSN to Headcoach Send a message via Yahoo to Headcoach
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowmeHawks View Post
I've had my skates (Bauer XXII) for about a year and a half. They are broken in, and had'em baked. The skates have been fine up until about 3 weeks ago. Now the side of the tounge is rubbing against the side of my leg and causing a lot of pain with every stride. It feels a lot like "lace bite," but it is happening above where the skate laces up.

Has anyone else had any problems like this? If so, how did you solve the problem?
Yeap! Here you go....
Contact Maltese Hockey ( http://www.maltesehockey.com )

They have a product that eliminates the lace bit. I use it and it works.

Head coach

Headcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2008, 07:47 PM
JDSens16

I had this problem last year, so I started wearing my skates the way cptjeff said, with the tongue outside the socks/shinpads, "loafer" style, and it solved the problem. It might not look as good, but Ovechkin wears his skates like that.

JDSens16 is offline   Reply With Quote