HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

11/18/08 Montreal @ Carolina 7PM EST RDS/TSN (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
11-18-2008, 11:42 AM
Miller Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I don't know why some posters keep wishing for Dandy to be put back on defense. There's a reason he's not being put there, and that reason is HE SUCKS!

His positioning is horrible, he hasn't played that position consistently for a couple of years now. Can't properly outlet pass the puck, hell he's so useless with a hockey stick, they should allow him to play without one.
not so much my desire to see dandy back on defense as it is my strong desire not to see Breezer at all...

plus i look at that lineup and I think that a guy with the energy of lapierre or the presence of laraque would easily offset whatever minimal downgrade dandy on D instead of breezer exists (not sure i even see one).

Old
11-18-2008, 11:44 AM
HotPie

Call up D'ago and Chipchura for ****s sakes. Where is our vaunted depth if we have Kostopolous playing on the second line???

Lapierre should be playing as well.

And if Lats is going to keep playing bottom line minutes, package him with O'byrne for a top 4 D. I can't help but feel that Latendresse has been completely mismanaged from the start. As soon as the guy makes a mistake he's relegated to bottom line minutes. I would've given more time for him to gel with Koivu and Tanguay...Lats is simply wasting away right now.

Last edited by HotPie: 11-18-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old
11-18-2008, 11:44 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanwuc View Post
no lapierre? has been playing that bad begin is in over him? or is this the feel bad for begin let him play scenario

Lapierre has been invisable lately , keep him in the press box.

Old
11-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
not so much my desire to see dandy back on defense as it is my strong desire not to see Breezer at all...

plus i look at that lineup and I think that a guy with the energy of lapierre or the presence of laraque would easily offset whatever minimal downgrade dandy on D instead of breezer exists (not sure i even see one).
I know, trust me I'm not a big Breezer fan either. But the one thing he brings is he can still pass the puck. Something that poor Dandy was never really able to master.

I do agree with you about having Lapierre in the line up. I know some posters would like for him to be better offensively. But I think he's done a very good job in the role Carbo has given him. He forechecks like a mad man, and works well to keep the opposition pinned in their own zone. I'd also like to point out that I don't like Lats on the 4th line, I think Carbo's making a mistake putting him there.

Old
11-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Habs8517

oh man
this team loves their trash so much
team is supposed to be business not a free luxury cruise for washed up old men

Old
11-18-2008, 11:52 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by habdynasty View Post
Lapierre has been invisable lately , keep him in the press box.
So he could be more invisible? If you have to play Bégin at center.......find a way to call up Chip. 'Cause not only you don't fully use Bégin's abilities but you're really having a 4th line that is again more able to defend themselves than to create anything. If they would be playing 5 minutes, I wouldn't mind but that's not the case...

Old
11-18-2008, 11:56 AM
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
So he could be more invisible? If you have to play Bégin at center.......find a way to call up Chip. 'Cause not only you don't fully use Bégin's abilities but you're really having a 4th line that is again more able to defend themselves than to create anything. If they would be playing 5 minutes, I wouldn't mind but that's not the case...
I agree chips is better than both these guys but Carbo loves to have a couple of stone handed players on the roster...

Old
11-18-2008, 12:08 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Call up D'ago and Chipchura for ****s sakes. Where is our vaunted depth if we have Kostopolous playing on the second line???

And if Lats is going to keep playing bottom line minutes, package him with O'byrne for a top 4 D. I can't help but feel that Latendresse has been completely mismanaged from the start. As soon as the guy makes a mistake he's relegated to bottom line minutes. I would've given more time for him to gel with Koivu and Tanguay...Lats is simply wasting away right now.
Totally agree about Latendresse. When he was put back with Koivu and Tanguay against Philly they produced and got us back into the game, even the last couple of games before that Latendresse was playing well, protecting the puck and throwing his weight around. To reward him he gets put on the 4th line with 2 plugs....

Old
11-18-2008, 12:19 PM
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Totally agree about Latendresse. When he was put back with Koivu and Tanguay against Philly they produced and got us back into the game, even the last couple of games before that Latendresse was playing well, protecting the puck and throwing his weight around. To reward him he gets put on the 4th line with 2 plugs....
That's what I don't get.
Really disappointed by Carbonneau.

And you can see this coming...Lats won't produce on the 4th line (so far nobody produced on this line). After a few games Habs will give up on him. He will be traded and will become a 30-goal scorer elsewhere.

Deja vu ? Hell yes

Old
11-18-2008, 12:34 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
That's what I don't get.
Really disappointed by Carbonneau.

And you can see this coming...Lats won't produce on the 4th line (so far nobody produced on this line). After a few games Habs will give up on him. He will be traded and will become a 30-goal scorer elsewhere.

Deja vu ? Hell yes
I doubt he'll finish the game on the fourth line. If the habs start losing, you'll see him suddenly take Kosto's spot.

Old
11-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Habitants

yay TSN!!

GO HABS GO!!!

Old
11-18-2008, 01:01 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Canadiens defenceman Josh Gorges, still looking for his first goal as a Canadiens after 97 games in the CH, had one of his sticks chopped up and sacrificed, scattered by goalie Carey Price around the RBC Center this morning. The ritual was aimed at breaking the curse that has stricken the still-looking rearguard.

http://www.gazblogs.com/habsinsideou...key/gorges.mp3

Old
11-18-2008, 01:26 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

lets go Habs!

Old
11-18-2008, 01:26 PM
zx81

Quote:
Now that's funny LOL

Old
11-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I know, trust me I'm not a big Breezer fan either. But the one thing he brings is he can still pass the puck. Something that poor Dandy was never really able to master.

I do agree with you about having Lapierre in the line up. I know some posters would like for him to be better offensively. But I think he's done a very good job in the role Carbo has given him. He forechecks like a mad man, and works well to keep the opposition pinned in their own zone. I'd also like to point out that I don't like Lats on the 4th line, I think Carbo's making a mistake putting him there.
I've been talking about this since the St-Louis game.
I just did not understand how putting Lapierre in the press box helps our team. The best reasoning I have is that Carbo was fed up about hearing ''Begin this and that''.
In no way is Begin centering the 4th better. I felt Laps played great in general since the start, really did not understand why he was scratched.

As for Lats on 4th, it's completely insulting. The kid had a great start, 7pts/8-9GP. Higgins comes back, takes over Lats PP Time, 2GP later he takes his spot back with Koivu even though he didn't play particularly well. That moves Lats on a 3rd line that everybody already knew wasn't going to produce. Few games later, he's put on 4th even if he wasn't playing badly. St-Louis game produces nothing, he's put back with Koivu/Tang for 1 shift and if Hartnell doesn't knock off the net, he would have scored.
Now he's on 4th line again, while Kosto is on 2nd??...

Man, sometimes I really ask myself what's going through Carbo's mind.

Kosto and Lapierre have played very similarly I found this season. Kosto gets to play on 2nd line but Laps is scratched and Lats is on 4th? How does any of this make sense..

Old
11-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Cupmonger

Quote:

I don't totally agree about lats, believe he has potential, but i also feel somethings down with this kid. He does have some use for koivu and tang, but I believe that kosto can bring even more than what he grins. Lats just isn't that though guy player we watched during his preseason games that got him selected. I feel that he could become that player again, but since he hasn't since then, he should shown some adaption, but nothing really too convincing so far imo.

Old
11-18-2008, 02:34 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

GO GO

Big game,we have done well in Carolina the last 2 years,let's hope we can keep it up

Old
11-18-2008, 03:36 PM
totalrecall

go habs i guess... we need ''not sure'' smiley

Old
11-18-2008, 04:11 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

With Brisebois in the lineup that guarantees one or two goals for carolina, so we need to score at least 3 goals to win.

Old
11-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalrecall View Post
go habs i guess... we need ''not sure'' smiley

Old
11-18-2008, 04:28 PM
HotPie

I just ***** a Boston fan online in NHL 09. It felt so good.

Old
11-18-2008, 04:35 PM
LyleOdelein

Quote:
"I think I might have to switch to a right handed stick..."

That is hilarious. Gorges is the best!

Old
11-18-2008, 04:35 PM
Tusk

I have a new lucky avatar, see. Hopefully it works.

I dedicate it to Fido22.

Old
11-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
I just ***** a Boston fan online in NHL 09. It felt so good.
Wait till Saturday, it might be even better. Altho, we won't gloat and giggle like little school girls afterwards. "Yeah, we beat the crap out of you after 12 straight losses" Whadabunch of losers.

Old
11-18-2008, 04:48 PM
HotPie

GO HABS GO! We're going to dismantle these dirty eye gougers.

I predict a full workhorse effort from the team.

Closed Thread