HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Z. Parise or M. Richards?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-18-2008, 04:05 PM
  #76
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Because you're making Devils fans look bad. That's why.

So let me get this straight:

Richards doesn't deserve to be captain because he doesn't have the experience, didn't play in all of the games the season the Flyers stunk and because his points aren't that great...is that the logic you're using?

Did you EVER think that maybe you don't know what goes on in the locker room and that he is clearly the leader, even over some veterans?

Why do you hate Mike Richards so much and why are you so angry that he's wearing the "C"? Because clearly, I still haven't seen a solid reason from you why he SHOULDN'T have the "C".
hahaahah ok cj, im making the devils fans look bad, right

you are CLEARLY reading what you want to read cj....read closely

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJojo View Post
Led the Flyers in points last season, playing great defensively and in all situations?[Worked his butt off night after nighteven in the year the Flyers finished dead last? , Unafraid to drop the gloves and stand up for team mates? What else is he supposed to do to earn it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
experience, plus he was injured for 32 games the year they sucked, and pts should be a factor, but not the major one
I said pts SHOULD be a factor, just not a major one, not to mention, you claiming me saying he hasnt been the best forward of their offensivley is wrong, because he has, and i knew that

im saying he was injured for 32 games, cant fault him for that, but its not like endured an entire season of them being bad

the funny thing is he is one of my favorite players in the league, i really like the way he plays, and is fun to watch play. but now it looks like i hate him

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Answer my post. Come onnnn big guy. Answer the question.
if you havent noticed ive had to respond to alot of people, im trying my best to do so, just give me time

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:08 PM
  #77
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
hahaahah ok cj, im making the devils fans look bad, right

you are CLEARLY reading what you want to read cj....read closely
Yup you caught me red handed...

Keep on arguing. It's making the rest of my time here at work fly by and giving me some excellent laughing material.

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:09 PM
  #78
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE7 View Post
While he may not have the experience under his belt to make people say he definitely "earned" the C, he is on the right team that he is currently the best choice for the C. To "earn" the C, wouldn't players have to be with the team for a while as well? Because Timmonen and Briere both hadn't been with the Flyers for any longer than Richards, so why the hell not Richards? You talked about Richards missing time as a discredit, well Gagne has been Mr. Glass recently. Briere, while certainly a talented player, seems like more a man-gina than a leader. It could have gone to Timmonen or Richards the way I see it. And Richards does everything for them including fight, so I think he was a good choice as a captain.
i didnt mean to discredit richards because of his injury, like i said before, i cant fault him for that, but gagne has endured a lot too. its not expeirence for the team, its nhl expeirience and earning respect from his fellow teamates and people around the league. not saying that richards hasnt

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:09 PM
  #79
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,272
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFlyer View Post
I absolutely agree with this sentiment.

The bottomline is that both the Devils and Flyers should be ecstatic about having players with their skill level and leadership abilities on their roster. They are both exceptional.
Parise and Richards are both, in their own way, crosses between Rod Brind'Amour and Joe Nieuwendyk. Parise got more Nieuwendyk, Richards got more Brind'Amour.

Classic Devil is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:10 PM
  #80
ELab2
Registered User
 
ELab2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Atlantic City
Country: United States
Posts: 5,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
Richards in a landslide.

Parise isnt even on the same plateau.
as a fellow flyers fan I feel I have an obligation to tell you that you are a terrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible homer

ELab2 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:14 PM
  #81
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Yup you caught me red handed...

Keep on arguing. It's making the rest of my time here at work fly by and giving me some excellent laughing material.
forget it cj. i color coted so you would notice the paralells. which you cant even accept the fact that you misread my post. and you obviously didnt do your homework because you thought i said richards doesnt deserve captain because he didnt lead teh flyers in pts, which i didnt, and probably everyone in here(i guess not everyone) knew that richards led the flyers in pts last year

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:15 PM
  #82
Shadow Flyer
Why So Serious?
 
Shadow Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Interwebs
Country: United States
Posts: 3,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
Parise and Richards are both, in their own way, crosses between Rod Brind'Amour and Joe Nieuwendyk. Parise got more Nieuwendyk, Richards got more Brind'Amour.
Once again, I'm in total agreement. Can't really go wrong with either one.

Wait....I'm in total agreement with a Devils fan! What the hell is going on??!!

Shadow Flyer is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:17 PM
  #83
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
CFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 500
Oy, ve Gunnar.

A leader is a leader. It doesn't matter what age he is or "how much he has accomplished in the NHL".

If you took out the names, the ages, and the past accomplishments of every player on the Flyers and just took a look at each player's leadership qualities, Richards would have the best resume. End of story. Richards is the best player to lead that team and that's all that matters.

As for those folks saying "Richards and it isn't even close" you're as much out to lunch here as Gunnar.

I'll take Richards, for now, but by a little bit.

CFD is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:17 PM
  #84
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
forget it cj. i color coted so you would notice the paralells. which you cant even accept the fact that you misread my post. and you obviously didnt do your homework because you thought i said richards doesnt deserve captain because he didnt lead teh flyers in pts, which i didnt, and probably everyone in here(i guess not everyone) knew that richards led the flyers in pts last year
I was just throwing stuff out there because all I saw was you whining and saw something about you saying something about points...

Who cares...I ruffled someone's feathers today. Now i'm out! Enjoy your little discussion here....which I hardly think is necessary!

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:18 PM
  #85
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
Oy, ve Gunnar.

A leader is a leader. It doesn't matter what age he is or "how much he has accomplished in the NHL".

If you took out the names, the ages, and the past accomplishments of every player on the Flyers and just took a look at each player's leadership qualities, Richards would have the best resume. End of story. Richards is the best player to lead that team and that's all that matters.

As for those folks saying "Richards and it isn't even close" you're as much out to lunch here as Gunnar.

I'll take Richards, for now, but by a little bit.
i dont get it, you say its close between richards and parise, but richards has a C and parise doesnt have a letter. both teams have veteran leaders on the team, so why doesnt parise have a letter, and would you want him to?

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:20 PM
  #86
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
i dont get it, you say its close between richards and parise, but richards has a C and parise doesnt have a letter. both teams have veteran leaders on the team, so why doesnt parise have a letter, and would you want him to?
Parise doesn't have a letter because it's not Parise's time to have a letter yet. It'll come in due time.

And no, I wouldn't want him to have one right now especially since letter's in the Devils organization has been a curse since Scott Stevens wore the "C".

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:22 PM
  #87
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
I was just throwing stuff out there because all I saw was you whining and saw something about you saying something about points...

Who cares...I ruffled someone's feathers today. Now i'm out! Enjoy your little discussion here....which I hardly think is necessary!
well im glad you came here just to ruffle some feathers and not actually do some research or even just read the posts

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:24 PM
  #88
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 24,937
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
As a leader probably richards. As someone to depend on for scoring and clutch play. Anyone who's seen zach this yr...cant not pick him.

Scottyk9 is online now  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:26 PM
  #89
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Parise doesn't have a letter because it's not Parise's time to have a letter yet. It'll come in due time.

And no, I wouldn't want him to have one right now especially since letter's in the Devils organization has been a curse since Scott Stevens wore the "C".
so why is it richards time? he has had a letter since his 2nd (i hope a flyers fan can correct me if im wrong) year. they are too far away in the leadership department

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:26 PM
  #90
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
well im glad you came here just to ruffle some feathers and not actually do some research or even just read the posts
That wasn't actually my plan until I saw you spouting off nonsense.

I still don't see what the point of this was other than to go off of what was stated in another poll. Isn't that against the poll rules?

And I don't need to do research to clearly see that you have something against Richards wearing the "C" and it makes no sense whatsoever.

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:27 PM
  #91
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
so why is it richards time? they are too far away in the leadership department
Because that's who the Flyers chose. Obviously they know better than you why it's his time. Obviously they've seen things from him that you haven't.

THAT'S WHY! Why is that such a hard concept? And why can't you just accept that Richards is the captain, he's doing a darn good job at it and the only person that doesn't like it is you?

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:29 PM
  #92
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
That wasn't actually my plan until I saw you spouting off nonsense.

I still don't see what the point of this was other than to go off of what was stated in another poll. Isn't that against the poll rules?

And I don't need to do research to clearly see that you have something against Richards wearing the "C" and it makes no sense whatsoever.
spouting nonsense? you may not agree with them, but its not like i said i think biron should be captain and they should trade richards is for jason smith to get some real leadership, i made points that im sure have crossed a few peoples mind when richards was appointed captain

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:29 PM
  #93
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
spouting nonsense? you may not agree with them, but its not like i said i think biron should be captain and they should trade richards is for jason smith to get some real leadership, i made points that im sure have crossed a few peoples mind when richards was appointed captain
Not anyone that has posted in this thread so far....

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:31 PM
  #94
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
CFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
i dont get it, you say its close between richards and parise, but richards has a C and parise doesnt have a letter. both teams have veteran leaders on the team, so why doesnt parise have a letter, and would you want him to?
The Devils have many more veteran leaders than the Flyers do. Do you want me to count?

The Devils have Madden, Elias, Langenbrunner, Pandolfo, White, Gionta, Martin who are long standing Devils with leadership abilities. Not to mention Rolston and Holik who have been in the organization prior and have been captains on their old teams.

The Flyers have Gagne, Knuble, Briere, Metropolit, Timonen...? That's all I really got. Richards has been around for just as long or longer than every player there except Gagne who is a couple more concussions away possibly from his career being in jeopardy.

So for Richards who has been on the Flyers more than almost anybody else, it seems pretty obvious that there aren't as many veterans challenging for a 'C' on the Flyers as there is for the Devils.

CFD is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:31 PM
  #95
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Because that's who the Flyers chose. Obviously they know better than you why it's his time. Obviously they've seen things from him that you haven't.

THAT'S WHY! Why is that such a hard concept? And why can't you just accept that Richards is the captain, he's doing a darn good job at it and the only person that doesn't like it is you?
first of all, i dont care that richards is captain, im not a flyers fan, im discussing why i think he was appointed captain. all im asking you, and ClarksonFallsDown to do is to speculate why you think the flyers chose him captain, and why the devils didnt pick parise for even an alternate. both have plenty of veteran leadership on the team

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:33 PM
  #96
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
-he barely played 200 nhl games before getting it

-he only played 3 season before getting

-there are other worthy candidates of it

now you tell me how he has earned it at the nhl level
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Not anyone that has posted in this thread so far....
you dont think that after the inital excitement set in flyers fans even had ANY of these thoughts cross their mind?

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:36 PM
  #97
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkson Falls Down View Post
The Devils have many more veteran leaders than the Flyers do. Do you want me to count?

The Devils have Madden, Elias, Langenbrunner, Pandolfo, White, Gionta, Martin who are long standing Devils with leadership abilities. Not to mention Rolston and Holik who have been in the organization prior and have been captains on their old teams.

The Flyers have Gagne, Knuble, Briere, Metropolit, Timonen...? That's all I really got. Richards has been around for just as long or longer than every player there except Gagne who is a couple more concussions away possibly from his career being in jeopardy.

So for Richards who has been on the Flyers more than almost anybody else, it seems pretty obvious that there aren't as many veterans challenging for a 'C' on the Flyers as there is for the Devils.
fair enough, i still think that the flyers wantinn to reinforce the fact that they are making him the face of the franchise helped

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:36 PM
  #98
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
you dont think that after the inital excitement set in flyers fans even had ANY of these thoughts cross their mind?
Well if they did....how come no one has stepped up and said anything about that?

And, if they did, I'm sure they don't now.

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:39 PM
  #99
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Well if they did....how come no one has stepped up and said anything about that?

And, if they did, I'm sure they don't now.
lets just agree to disagree, because i dont feel like arguing these unimportant details anymore and noone, especially you, is going to make me do a 180 on my thoughts on the matter

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 04:42 PM
  #100
Saw Jiris Tlusty
 
Saw Jiris Tlusty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,607
vCash: 500
Mike Richards is Cannon, so him. With that said Parise's a guy I would love to have on my team as well.

Saw Jiris Tlusty is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.