HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Not showing up costs points.

Old
11-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Vicious

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJen View Post
Watching L'Anti-Chambre is a bad idea after a bad game. They have some harsh words for Andrei..who I thought had a pretty solid game despite the loss....
Yeah I watched the first 30 seconds or so until the Andrei mention then turned it off. He had atleast 3 solid shots on net tonight.. more than I can say about any other forward.

Lats and the fourth line had a strong first period and even early in the second but trailed off like the rest of the team.

Price was great... made a lot of key saves. The save he made on the 2nd Carolina goal was amazing too bad no one was there to clear it.

We've scored 5 goals in last 4 games now... and we're supposed to have a "scary" offense.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:12 PM
la25ecoupe

I loved this game. Those chicks are soo hot!!

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
Backfire? What, they may put in even more gutless losing performances?
I just meant that they completely stop playing for him...

still...I know what you're saying

Carbo is just trying to stay calm and be respectful towards his pros in public

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:17 PM
la25ecoupe

Who's the dude hosting the CKAC channel? He's retarded.

la25ecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:18 PM
Sparepart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
What is he supposed to do, throw one of his players under the bus ? Have a nervous breakdown ? Carbo is doing what every good leader does in such times, he takes the responsability for the loss and defends his team.

? I can't remember many times (if ever) when Carbo has taken the responsibility for a loss. Showing confidence in your players is one thing, but I'm not sure that is what Carbonneau is doing, when he says things like "I think our team played a good game" (not word for word) it scares me. What if he actually thinks THAT?

Our team is full of mature, veteran, professionals, I think they can handle a bit of criticism. If Carbo had said "I think we can definitely play better" I doubt any player would have a problem.

Its not just that though, I'm upset with Carbo for other things. For instance, the way he manages his timeouts (he almost never uses them! How about using one right after a goal is scored against? stop the momentum!) , the way his team plays such passive hockey (what happened to our forecheck?), and the biggest one of all is his lack of communication with the players. I'll admit, I'm NOT in the locker room, I can't see what actually goes on... But I've read enough articles in the past few years to know what kind of a player-coach relationship Carbo has with his players, and its not good. I'm always hearing things like "Cabo lets us do our own thing, he never says a word" (again, not word for word) etc. etc. I've read it from many ex players (Grabovski, Samsonov) and current ones (Kostitsyn's)

Do I think he should be fired? No, didn't say that. But I'm getting sick of watching passionless hockey from the habs this whole season.

Sparepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Astroboy

Quote:
We're in a slump. This sort of thing happens to every team, every season. We're still 10-5-2 and have the talent to be contenders the moment some players snap out of their funk.

Can we please not go nuts by suggesting firing the coach, trading half the team, or benching our best player ?

Its a competitive league and we won't win every game, if we continue to play like this for another 2 weeks, then it might be time to think about making some changes, but now is the time to be patient.

Its better to learn how to lose in November than in April.
Haha I love it. There is a slump every season, and every season everyone panics and goes nuts. Chill out people......Carbo, Muller, and Jarvis will get them going. I think they got too cocky by winning so much to start the season. I would like to see Kovy play with a little more fire.....should be an interesting season. I agree though....lame effort tonight.

Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Sadly it can get worse. Losing to the even more awful Sens and to the Bruins for the first time on home ice in almost 2 years (8 straight wins I believe in that span) on Roy's night would be rock bottom. Our lowest low since being bounced on the final day of 06-07 by Toronto. And 3 games above .500 would be our lowest position above .500 this far into the season since 03-04. Oh yeah, it can get worse and this team shows little sign of snapping out of it. If that occurs, yeah I agree let's ice this lineup:

Tanguay-Mitch-Kostistyns (meld them together with crazy cloning science to give us Serdrei Kostitsyn, his number will be #93: 46 + 47)
Habamaniac-Moderator-Mitch
Mitch-Koivu-Kostopolous
AHL callups

Markov-Mitch
Mitch-Hamrlik
Gorges-AHL callup

Price in net backed up by Mitch

Gotta have a Mitch on just about every line!

Hab-a-maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:38 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
We're in a slump. This sort of thing happens to every team, every season. We're still 10-5-2 and have the talent to be contenders the moment some players snap out of their funk.

Can we please not go nuts by suggesting firing the coach, trading half the team, or benching our best player ?

Its a competitive league and we won't win every game, if we continue to play like this for another 2 weeks, then it might be time to think about making some changes, but now is the time to be patient.

Its better to learn how to lose in November than in April.
Learn how to lose???? WTF if that.... How about Learn How to Win... we've been learning how to lose for the last 15 years!!!!

Can you people stop quoting our record... we are a very LUCKY team with our record... we have shown up for exactly 2 ...count them 2 games all year!!

When should we worry..when were 10-10-2, beacuse the way this team is playing; the ottawa game is a 50/50 chance and the Bruins game will be an absolute massacre...worse than 6-1 and that's if Price plays out of his mind.

You can't win when there is NOT ONE aspect of your game other than the goaltending that shows up on a nightly basis.

Carbo puts Begin at center... Dandy playing again; Breezebye and Boullion are your defense pairings... Begin was so lucky he did not get a penalty for that hit from behind on Brind a'mour

This team lost its mojo this year... and Gainey needs to shore up this defense asap. Anything less will be a first round exit; assuming we are making the playoffs at this point.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:41 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious View Post
Yeah I watched the first 30 seconds or so until the Andrei mention then turned it off. He had atleast 3 solid shots on net tonight.. more than I can say about any other forward.

Lats and the fourth line had a strong first period and even early in the second but trailed off like the rest of the team.

Price was great... made a lot of key saves. The save he made on the 2nd Carolina goal was amazing too bad no one was there to clear it.

We've scored 5 goals in last 4 games now... and we're supposed to have a "scary" offense.
Our offense is "scary"... to our fans!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:00 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
Sadly it can get worse. Losing to the even more awful Sens and to the Bruins for the first time on home ice in almost 2 years (8 straight wins I believe in that span) on Roy's night would be rock bottom. Our lowest low since being bounced on the final day of 06-07 by Toronto. And 3 games above .500 would be our lowest position above .500 this far into the season since 03-04. Oh yeah, it can get worse and this team shows little sign of snapping out of it. If that occurs, yeah I agree let's ice this lineup:

Tanguay-Mitch-Kostistyns (meld them together with crazy cloning science to give us Serdrei Kostitsyn, his number will be #93: 46 + 47)
Habamaniac-Moderator-Mitch
Mitch-Koivu-Kostopolous
AHL callups

Markov-Mitch
Mitch-Hamrlik
Gorges-AHL callup

Price in net backed up by Mitch

Gotta have a Mitch on just about every line!
Yeah I've got one wicked wrister...

Mitch

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:02 PM
madbox

Price faced a friggen onslaught and stood on his head with no response upfront. Where for art thou Montreal Canadiens??

Kovalev is one lazy SOB this season, sorry. So many aggravations but how many weak turnovers in the D zone must we see because he refuses to move the fluffing puck off his blade with any effort AT ALL. A-Kost has been playing better away from him, go figure. Piss poor offense lately, so, I'd have him with Higgins and Pleks, Lats back on Koivu's line, Kovy with Lang and Sergei. As for the PP, why Tanguay over A-Kost? It's hardly proven to be effective, switch it up. We need someone shooting back there and damn do I miss Markov's pinches!

All this and I'm not worried. Just pissed off. Get it together already F.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Hab-a-maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbox View Post
Price faced a friggen onslaught and stood on his head with no response upfront. Where for art thou Montreal Canadiens??

Kovalev is one lazy SOB this season, sorry. So many aggravations but how many weak turnovers in the D zone must we see because he refuses to move the fluffing puck off his blade with any effort AT ALL. A-Kost has been playing better away from him, go figure. Piss poor offense lately, so, I'd have him with Higgins and Pleks, Lats back on Koivu's line, Kovy with Lang and Sergei. As for the PP, why Tanguay over A-Kost? It's hardly proven to be effective, switch it up. We need someone shooting back there and damn do I miss Markov's pinches!

All this and I'm not worried. Just pissed off. Get it together already F.
When the season gets late I'm confident we'll make it to the playoffs. And Kovy will be a big part of it. He'll raise his game for the playoffs too. He always does but I'm sure this time. Why? Well, he'll be able to smell the money of his UFA deal of course. I don't know how the Habs hope to replace him but I said before 07-08 that even if he tore it up from here on in I'd be hesitant to see him richly rewarded to stay when he so often takes holidays out there.

Perhaps Kovy likes playing in Montreal and won't want a change of scenery in the NHL (unless he goes back to Russia) and then we can get him at an exclusive price. But we need to give our AHL talent in the pipeline a chance here. Stupid Dandy, Brisebois and (sad to say) Begin are in the way. Carbo needs to scratch healthy bodies here and we can then have a younger, hungrier lineup. Lang's been ok for us but when he's your best threat on many nights, your team needs a kick in the ass.

Hab-a-maniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:29 PM
Captain Saku

we're choking bad... terrible performance

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:32 PM
Magic33

ugh. missed the game again, but it sounds like they lost because of lack of effort again. Is that all there was to it?

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:34 PM
guest1467

I think D'Agostini should get called up and Sergei should be benched for atleast one game.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Adam91

Switch Kovy with Higgins, Kosto with Latendresse?

Latendresse - doesn't/shouldn't touch the puck unless he is with in 10 feet of the net = Great match with Kovy and Pleks.

Higgins - Koviu is the only centre he ever seems to have any chemistry with.

Kosto - who are we kidding, the 3rd line is pushing it, the 2nd line is ridiculous.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:50 AM
Erika

This team is soft like my Pink Care-Bear and Chris Higgins dissapeared for a fifth games in a row now... after his hat trick... who would've thought ?!

Ohh and fires Carbo. The guy is just terrible, so is Kovalev.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Maverik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post

Outhshot vs Carolina....more games like this and I'm hopping on the "well we officially suck" bandwagon, and If it doesn't exist I'll create it
Too late, already full

Maverik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:15 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Wow, the overreacting, methinks it's time to stop coming here for fear of not being able to enjoy watching hockey anymore

they played well, considering no Komi, and lines which have only had a couple games together (and lines that i like), lats looked awesome, he will play his way back up

a couple of rookie mistakes (OB's interference, SK's fumbling of the pass) cost us the game, Price played how we know he can (we've still got a young team!)

bunch of whiners, and when Pleks gets going you will all backtrack

hackeyisneat is offline   Reply With Quote