HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A. Kostitsyn the new scapegoat

Old
11-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Quiet Robert

vCash: 500
Andrei's been our best player for the past 2 games. There are still some turnovers and some situations where you'd like to see him make smarter decisions, but offensively he seems ready to break out.

Without Kovalev he wants the puck and he makes things happen he has it. I just hope he gets some chemistry with his linemates.

Does anyone know when he started playing hockey? He looks like someone who started playing a little later. Some of the things he does just strike you as a little off in terms of timing his hits or decisions with the puck (forcing a pass in the defensive zone, trying an extra move against a defender etc...), but you can't deny the natural skill he has. I don't know, maybe it's that his hockey sense isn't all that great. Either way I hope he works out those kinks in his game because when he's on he is great to watch.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Haddock

I saw this thread after I saw those "officials" whining/blaming threads about Kovy and Carbo. Bunch of drama queens around here tonight! I think I'm going to start to refer to those as Baronesque threads.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Andy

First of all, you should not watch it because it gives them ratings and the show will stay on. Second, who cares they're all dumb and no absolutley nothing about hockey. You know your show sucks when you have Morisette analyzing hockey.

Sad and low for Rds, it's become propaganda media.

Who cares about Kovalchuk when Atlanta has Eric Perrin.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Stradale

Sergei is victim on 110%.

Accusing him that he wants to go back to Russia if Carbo puts him in the pressbox.

I love the brainwashing the french media is doing against our young bielorussian.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Hate to say it but it's looking more and more like Kovalev is the problem.

He just deflates and kills any line that he's one by hogging the puck, won't work the boards, tries to too much by himself, weak give aways, and still wants to be the IT guy.

Look what new life has been given to Andrei after he's been moved off of Kovalev's line. He was the most dangerous for CH tonight...but that's not saying that much.
Also, Kovy has killed Koivu and Tanguay the last two games.....and those latter two had great chemistry going.

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:13 PM
kostitsyn1489

I'be tried so hard and got so far but in the end it doesnt even matter

Mitch

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:14 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Away from Kovalev and improved? Check.

On his RW and improved? A necessary check.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Mother Pucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn is officially the new scapegoat, at least that's what it would seem watching the game on RDS. After hearing Brunet and Houde on his case every game, it hit a new low on "L'anti-chambre" tonight, where Le Baron is constantly on his case, blaming him for a lack of effort and for getting more ice time than Latendresse and Lapierre.

So I have to ask, am I the only one who think A. Kost is actually one of our better players right now? He is probably the only player on the team who actually uses his shot, and he creates a few scoring chances every game.

If you are going to chose a scapegoat, which I think is ridiculous to begin with because none of the players deserve any praise right now, there are a dozens of players on the team to chose before him in my opinion. I guess it's easier to blame the Belarussian though, that way you can use the argument: "You can't put him in the press box because he's going to bolt back to Russia."
No you're not. A.Kost is awesome, and I think I heard some of the most idiotic hockey quotes from this dude "Le Baron" . I remember for example when he said we should keep Souray and Rivet over Markov...what a moron.

Mother Pucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Peacock

It's odd, I thought akost was the best player out there tonight and his line was the best line..

Peacock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:23 PM
TheCH*

Until andrei starts actually producing results, he will continue to be scapegoated.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:27 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Until andrei starts actually producing results, he will continue to be scapegoated.
You're right, he did nothing vs. St. Louis.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:28 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
You're right, he did nothing vs. St. Louis.
Fat Lats played MUCH better.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:30 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
Andrei Kostitsyn is officially the new scapegoat, at least that's what it would seem watching the game on RDS. After hearing Brunet and Houde on his case every game, it hit a new low on "L'anti-chambre" tonight, where Le Baron is constantly on his case, blaming him for a lack of effort and for getting more ice time than Latendresse and Lapierre.

So I have to ask, am I the only one who think A. Kost is actually one of our better players right now? He is probably the only player on the team who actually uses his shot, and he creates a few scoring chances every game.

If you are going to chose a scapegoat, which I think is ridiculous to begin with because none of the players deserve any praise right now, there are a dozens of players on the team to chose before him in my opinion. I guess it's easier to blame the Belarussian though, that way you can use the argument: "You can't put him in the press box because he's going to bolt back to Russia."
What do you expect from RDS, it is always an European(Belarussian even better), and never one of them.
**** RDS, I am watching the game with no sound from now on.

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:32 PM
smon

Kostitsyn had some of the best chances of the forwards tonight. He was easily one of our better players. Latendresse had a nice shift in the first - about it.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:34 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

by the way, let's trade kost bros to Toronto so they can play with grabs.

rds bunch of morons with a complex of inferiority.

Old
11-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Stradale

Le Baron got brainwashed by Brunet. That guy doesnt even understand the game, the baron that is.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:40 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
He was hands down our best skater tonight.
Agree

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:00 PM
DaHabMan

l'antichambre is 110% 2.0 especially with that idiot michel bergeron in there. Watch out, the leadership question is gonna come up there too as it has on 110% by the one and only jean perron

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Sergei is victim on 110%.

Accusing him that he wants to go back to Russia if Carbo puts him in the pressbox.

I love the brainwashing the french media is doing against our young bielorussian.
110% is not even media, for the most part it's guys that nobody in the media wants.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:07 PM
madbox

The guy was pissing and moaning earlier in the day on RIS about A-Kost and crying about Lats- well, it's more like his daily ritual, so what the hell game was he watching tonight to continue doing so?? What a blockhead.

madbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
speed11

the guys a pro...look at me...pro!

speed11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
Also, Kovy has killed Koivu and Tanguay the last two games.....and those latter two had great chemistry going.
That line is a poor fit, Kovalev and Koivu/Tanguay are all puck carriers, makes no sense to have 3 on one line. Carbo is trying to have a "power line" but their styles don't mesh.

Plekanec needs to step it up and go back with Kovy, I'm sure Kovy will produce more with Pleks on his game. You can move Lats A.Kost Higgins around, S.Kost needs a serious wake up call.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:09 PM
Habs

He looks uninterested 99% of the time and they expect a big year from him. He deserves the frustration vented towards him.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Mackee

If anyone seriously thinks A. Kost is the problem, they need their head checked. He was outstanding tonight. He was the only forward getting pucks to the net on a somewhat regular basis, our only dangerous forward, and had some really good shots on Ward. Only a matter of time before those pucks start going in for him.

As was said already, if anyone should be labeled a scapegoat, it's Kovalev. He's playing some uninspired, lazy hockey right now. He's getting picked on passes most HF posters could make.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:38 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge View Post
If anyone seriously thinks A. Kost is the problem, they need their head checked. He was outstanding tonight. He was the only forward getting pucks to the net on a somewhat regular basis, our only dangerous forward, and had some really good shots on Ward. Only a matter of time before those pucks start going in for him.
As was said already, if anyone should be labeled a scapegoat, it's Kovalev. He's playing some uninspired, lazy hockey right now. He's getting picked on passes most HF posters could make.