HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Enough!! Let's grow up a little.

Old
11-18-2008, 11:58 PM
CanadaIsHockey

vCash: 500
Enough!! Let's grow up a little.

Wow! It's Official the Montreal Board's maturity level has dropped down to a new low.
We lose a game to the Hurricanes, I admit we got pretty much owned in the 3rd mostly, but WOW, do we need 10 different threads on "This guy sucks" or "That guy sucks"?
I'm not saying it's everyone but the few who are doing this really need to stop.
GROW UP PEOPLE!!
It's an 82 game season, if after the 40th or 50th game we are playing like this, i'd understand, but for the love of god we haven't even played 20 games yet...

Are you guys really FANS or you just love criticizing everything?

It seems Montreal has A LOT of those people.
When we're winning:
-Montreal is the best
-We own everyone in the NHL
-Price, Kovalev, Koivu are all gods
-Carbo's a Genious and should win the Jack Adams

BUT the same people when we're on a losing streak...
-Our team Sucks
-We need to rebuild
-Carbo is a terrible coach
-Trade Kovy
-Price should be in the AHL..

Hey Newsflash people, Every team EVERY year will go through losing streaks, 2-3-4 games or even more. It's only normal. But it seems people here are so naive that they believe Montreal is too perfect for that to happen to us. Yes guys, even the best teams go through losing streaks.

I mean Come on... WTF is wrong with you guys?
The same people who praise the team 1 night bash it the next and I find this sad.

Just an FYI: Ive been watching hockey since I was 5 or 6, around 1990 when Russ Courtnall #6 became my favorite Hab. We have gone through a LOT of tough times since but I personaly, and i'm sure a lot of you who remembers the late 90s era, stood by this team, cheering the team on every game as though we can go All The Way every year even when deep inside we knew we didn't have much of a chance. But the hope was still there.

Now we have a good team, we are playing our best hockey in the last 15 years, we've been patient for 5 years. Giving the team another 25 games to show us what they can do is really not much to ask.
A lot of NHL Teams would give anything to have the talent and potential our team does.

All these bogus threads that have been made to bash players and coaching staff should all be locked.
Who's with me on this 1? Let's be patient and who knows, good things might happen, just like last year.

CanadaIsHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Totally agree. Everyone has to relax and trust our management.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Chomsky

Haven't been on HFboards for a while, I see. You'll get used to it. Or not.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:03 AM
CanadaIsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Haven't been on HFboards for a while, I see. You'll get used to it. Or not.
Actually It says I've been a member since April 08, however I've been reading these boards since 2006.
I'd come on here to get various information and Data to keep me up to date.
A lot of reliable sources here and in other threads.

From what i'm seeing, this is becoming a new Low. Things need to change.

Old
11-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Unfortunately it's been worse. I remember there was even talk that the Habs board be closed down for a while because it was so bad.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:10 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaIsHockey View Post
Actually It says I've been a member since April 08, however I've been reading these boards since 2006.

One can only hope....

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Well normally we have 2 or 3 mods patrolling the boards after a Habs loss. Tonight I think we had 1 and some help from other mods.

This is far from being a new low. It's just normally those threads are deleted so quickly, that not many people get to see them.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:13 AM
Ross MacLochness

I actually enjoyed this little outburst tonight. Don't want to see it all the time, but tonight was everyone letting off some steam.

It's not as fun when you've got everything bottled up in one thread.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:16 AM
StlRams514

Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
YES WE CAN!
Oh wait...
Yeah, when I saw the Carbonneau sucks and Kovalev sucks threads I thought they were jokes...

StlRams514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:18 AM
11alias11

you guys need a vent thread where everyone can just come and ***** away....works great in another forum I frequent

11alias11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:31 AM
LyricalLyricist

I might get flamed for this but why do people get so angry? They demand a certain team or changes. I find that hilarious, they don't own the team or have any say anyway. "But we're loyal fans who deserve better" says who? Relax people, it's just a game. People will say i'm not a true fan if i can say it's just a game. No, i'm just normal enough to know if i lose my mind or i stay calm, it won't change anything.

People have the idea in their head that if the team is losing or they don't like the coach or gm, the person in question will get fired. Why? because you said so, doesn't work that way. That's up to management and the owner of the franchise. Just because you watch the game, check the highlights and post on hfboards doesn't mean much(this is what i do, so i'm not aiming at anyone in particular). We're fans, we're not coaches, gms or owners, just fans. You either stick by your team or don't. All i hear is "the canadiens are my favourite team but i don't like how management operates, how the coaches coach and how the team plays", contradictory much? Seems to me you only like the jersey or something. If they're your favourite team, stick by them. Just because you may have been watching them since you were 4 and liked the team then, doesn't mean it gives you a right to complain when it's not the same team you fell in love with as a kid.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:54 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I might get flamed for this but why do people get so angry? They demand a certain team or changes. I find that hilarious, they don't own the team or have any say anyway. "But we're loyal fans who deserve better" says who? Relax people, it's just a game. People will say i'm not a true fan if i can say it's just a game. No, i'm just normal enough to know if i lose my mind or i stay calm, it won't change anything.

People have the idea in their head that if the team is losing or they don't like the coach or gm, the person in question will get fired. Why? because you said so, doesn't work that way. That's up to management and the owner of the franchise. Just because you watch the game, check the highlights and post on hfboards doesn't mean much(this is what i do, so i'm not aiming at anyone in particular). We're fans, we're not coaches, gms or owners, just fans. You either stick by your team or don't. All i hear is "the canadiens are my favourite team but i don't like how management operates, how the coaches coach and how the team plays", contradictory much? Seems to me you only like the jersey or something. If they're your favourite team, stick by them. Just because you may have been watching them since you were 4 and liked the team then, doesn't mean it gives you a right to complain when it's not the same team you fell in love with as a kid.
Watching the Habs for many years, they've become almost like a possession for me. You'll notice sometimes when I'm typing that I'll say our team, our line up or my Habs. I obviously don't own them, or have any control of the teams operations. But over the years they have become mine.

I know it's just a game, but it's a game that I love. So even though most of the time I'm a pretty low key person. When it comes to my Habs, I am guilty of going a little overboard once in awhile. Not as much as when I was younger, but I still have my moments.

As for the complaining, or wishing things would change, or giving opinions on how things are done/should be done. This is a hockey board, what else are we going to talk about?

Old
11-19-2008, 12:59 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Watching the Habs for many years, they've become almost like a possession for me. You'll notice sometimes when I'm typing that I'll say our team, our line up or my Habs. I obviously don't own them, or have any control of the teams operations. But over the years they have become mine.

I know it's just a game, but it's a game that I love. So even though most of the time I'm a pretty low key person. When it comes to my Habs, I am guilty of going a little overboard once in awhile. Not as much as when I was younger, but I still have my moments.

As for the complaining, or wishing things would change, or giving opinions on how things are done/should be done. This is a hockey board, what else are we going to talk about?
very well said, couldnt have said it better myself.
Hockey is the sport I love therefore I love my team, the habs.

After a loss, Im disapointed. Does it stop me from living? no, it doesnt but im allowed to be ticked off.
This board allows me to vent that rage that i have bottled up inside me.
Its a place where everyone is entitled to their OWN OPINION. Their is no right, and their is no wrong when its an opinion. We live in a free country, we can all think what we want.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:00 AM
Hab-a-maniac

It's been worse before. Way worse. Check the archive pages and see how close to suicide this board was in Jan-Feb 2006 and Jan-Feb 2007. It was mass depression then. Scour the old pages once in a while and you will see what I'm saying.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab-a-maniac View Post
It's been worse before. Way worse. Check the archive pages and see how close to suicide this board was in Jan-Feb 2006 and Jan-Feb 2007. It was mass depression then. Scour the old pages once in a while and you will see what I'm saying.
Imagine what it would have been like in the late 90's

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:02 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:

There's a difference between demanding change and discussing it. I too talk to my friends about the habs as if it is our team, my team, but I either decide to trust management or not. You can't believe and have no faith at the same time.

We all want the team to be sucessful, but to demand change after a loss is insane. This team took years to build, I don't want it ruined in a day. They aren't playing their best, but there's still hope, it's not a dead end.

Old
11-19-2008, 01:04 AM
CanadaIsHockey

I absolutely agree everyone has the right to their opinions.
But there is a difference between sharing your opinion and Bashing people and acting childish.
Make a thread or 2 to talk about different things like how is our coaching, or how certain players are performing.
But seeing the way it is right now is just not the way to act. We have at least 6 different threads just talking about Kovy's performance in the last week and a half...
Someone wasn't too happy so let's just make a thread just in the sole purpous of Bashing that player. Same thing for Carbo, and same for a few others as well. Its just Childish, and you just don;t see this on any other team's boards... ALMOST!

Old
11-19-2008, 01:18 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
There's a difference between demanding change and discussing it. I too talk to my friends about the habs as if it is our team, my team, but I either decide to trust management or not. You can't believe and have no faith at the same time.

We all want the team to be sucessful, but to demand change after a loss is insane. This team took years to build, I don't want it ruined in a day. They aren't playing their best, but there's still hope, it's not a dead end.
I do agree there is a difference, but a lot of that has to do with the maturity level of the individual.

For example, with the injury to Komisarek, I feel that our defense has been exposed and Gainey should be looking at adding a 4th D-man. Do I demand it, or expect it to happen. lol..of course I do....No I don't, but I'm hoping that he is.

I have faith that Gainey and his staff are qualified to make the right decisions. I'm also impressed how quickly they have been able to turn the team around while continuing to refurbish Bulldogs with good young players.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to question things that I don't think are right. Or that I personally think would make the team better.

Old
11-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I absolutely agree everyone has the right to their opinions.
But there is a difference between sharing your opinion and Bashing people and acting childish.
Make a thread or 2 to talk about different things like how is our coaching, or how certain players are performing.
But seeing the way it is right now is just not the way to act. We have at least 6 different threads just talking about Kovy's performance in the last week and a half...
Someone wasn't too happy so let's just make a thread just in the sole purpous of Bashing that player. Same thing for Carbo, and same for a few others as well. Its just Childish, and you just don;t see this on any other team's boards... ALMOST!
It actually happens all the time after a loss. It's just you didn't see it because a mod would have deleted or merged all the threads together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Imagine what it would have been like in the late 90's
lol...that would have been a blast if HF was around then.

Old
11-19-2008, 01:28 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I do agree there is a difference, but a lot of that has to do with the maturity level of the individual.

For example, with the injury to Komisarek, I feel that our defense has been exposed and Gainey should be looking at adding a 4th D-man. Do I demand it, or expect it to happen. lol..of course I do....No I don't, but I'm hoping that he is.

I have faith that Gainey and his staff are qualified to make the right decisions. I'm also impressed how quickly they have been able to turn the team around while continuing to refurbish Bulldogs with good young players.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to question things that I don't think are right. Or that I personally think would make the team better.
Like i said, I wasn't pointing to anyone in particular and that included you. The reality is, bandwagon fans are the cause. People just throw garbage out there and reality is, as much as everyone says it's a free country and yada yada, we want to discuss, it's much easier to discuss when there isn't 10 topics saying the same thing about one player that isn't logical to begin with, know what i mean? But it'll never change, it's happened before and will again. I've been browsing the board long enough to know, you even hear callers on stations and people on other websites, people are crazy. Yet, just because this is what happens time after time, doesn't mean the first or 45th time it's reasonable.

Old
11-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Like i said, I wasn't pointing to anyone in particular and that included you. The reality is, bandwagon fans are the cause. People just throw garbage out there and reality is, as much as everyone says it's a free country and yada yada, we want to discuss, it's much easier to discuss when there isn't 10 topics saying the same thing about one player that isn't logical to begin with, know what i mean? But it'll never change, it's happened before and will again. I've been browsing the board long enough to know, you even hear callers on stations and people on other websites, people are crazy. Yet, just because this is what happens time after time, doesn't mean the first or 45th time it's reasonable.
No you're absolutely right LL. What I normally do is if there are too many threads opened up containing the same information. Is I choose one and click ignore for the other ones.

This way I'm not wasting time reading the same stuff over and over. It doesn't always work, but it helps cut down on it alot.

Old
11-19-2008, 04:42 AM
Kosti46

Quote:
Wow! It's Official the Montreal Board's maturity level has dropped down to a new low.
We lose a game to the Hurricanes, I admit we got pretty much owned in the 3rd mostly, but WOW, do we need 10 different threads on "This guy sucks" or "That guy sucks"?
I'm not saying it's everyone but the few who are doing this really need to stop.
GROW UP PEOPLE!!
It's an 82 game season, if after the 40th or 50th game we are playing like this, i'd understand, but for the love of god we haven't even played 20 games yet...

Are you guys really FANS or you just love criticizing everything?

It seems Montreal has A LOT of those people.
When we're winning:
-Montreal is the best
-We own everyone in the NHL
-Price, Kovalev, Koivu are all gods
-Carbo's a Genious and should win the Jack Adams

BUT the same people when we're on a losing streak...
-Our team Sucks
-We need to rebuild
-Carbo is a terrible coach
-Trade Kovy
-Price should be in the AHL..

Hey Newsflash people, Every team EVERY year will go through losing streaks, 2-3-4 games or even more. It's only normal. But it seems people here are so naive that they believe Montreal is too perfect for that to happen to us. Yes guys, even the best teams go through losing streaks.

I mean Come on... WTF is wrong with you guys?
The same people who praise the team 1 night bash it the next and I find this sad.

Just an FYI: Ive been watching hockey since I was 5 or 6, around 1990 when Russ Courtnall #6 became my favorite Hab. We have gone through a LOT of tough times since but I personaly, and i'm sure a lot of you who remembers the late 90s era, stood by this team, cheering the team on every game as though we can go All The Way every year even when deep inside we knew we didn't have much of a chance. But the hope was still there.

Now we have a good team, we are playing our best hockey in the last 15 years, we've been patient for 5 years. Giving the team another 25 games to show us what they can do is really not much to ask.
A lot of NHL Teams would give anything to have the talent and potential our team does.

All these bogus threads that have been made to bash players and coaching staff should all be locked.
Who's with me on this 1? Let's be patient and who knows, good things might happen, just like last year.
I totally agree.

No need to panic.

The Canes ourworked us most of the game,but, we only lost 2-1. And their 2nd goal took a lucky bounce to go right to their player for that 2nd goal. If that bounce does not happen, and A. Kosti does not hit the post and scores instead we win 2-1.

Our defence has played well in the last 3 games even without Komi.

Our offence is in a bit of a slump but we have good players. They will get in the groove soon. No need to worry.

We will make the playoffs and make a good run at winning the Cup this year.

Bank on it.

Kosti46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 06:37 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
One can only hope....

I say we have Barack center the second line.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 07:30 AM
mcphee

Quote:

I guess the over th etop stuff might be good for some, better than taking it out on a spouse or a child, but it doesn't bring anything whatsoever to th eboard. If my best friend wants to rant and rave about something, I'll listen, that's being a friend. If h erants and raves everytime something doesn't turn out the way he wants it to, I'll tell him to stop being a jackass.

Then he hits me. Why did I start this ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 08:05 AM
Haddock

Sometimes this place feels like a bipolar henhouse on some nights. Those 'officials' thread about Carbo and Kovy are hilarious examples of that.

At least times like this gives an outlet for the usual francophones bashers to come out of their holes and post ridiculous comments and generalizations all over a thread with no repercussions (see A.Kost thread). Those perfectly open-minded fellas need a place to spew some hate once in a while and this board seems like a great place to do it when everyone is going bananas over a few bad games.

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote