HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Not Carbo Bashing but....

Old
11-18-2008, 11:40 PM
m00ks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The problem with the "system of sloppiness" is that you have to ask yourself whether it's a matter of not having a good system, or having a good system and not having it be implemented.

One could say it's the coach's job to make the players stick to the system, but that's an entirely different problem. Players aren't robots and have their own ideas (see: Kovalev, Alex).

It probably doesn't help that Komi's out and that the D pairings are messed up as a result. That #4 D is looking like a must right about now.
Boom. I don't think you can coach in this level without having any system. A team's system becomes the team identity but poor execution combined with a lack of focus and/or effort will render that system ineffective and make it look obsolete.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Why yes good sir, I believe you're right!
Yeah, what a terrible season last year was...

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:44 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretvincent View Post
From what i read of Carbo's press conference, he was none too pleased with the effort tonight. "«Je pourrais vivre avec cinq défaites de suite si on travaillait à fond dans ces cinq matchs. Je ne serais pas content, mais je serais moins en maudit que je le suis là», a lancé Guy Carbonneau." In otherwords, I could live with 5 losses if the guys were working hard but right now I am not happy at all. "Its been 3 weeks that we are repeating the same things, Eventually someone is gonna need to wake up and take the team on his back(hard to translate french expression) », said Carbonneau. He later goes on to say that maybe if they were afraid of being benched or going to Hamilton they would try harder but he can't because of the rules. I assume he means the waiver rules. So, as you can tell, Carbonneau is as pissed as all you guys
So that makes it official, the Canadiens are willing to keep a guy like Dandenault around even if it costs a young hard working AHLer a chance to spark things up.

The same goes for Brisebois. Although he had a fairly strong game tonight, we know he's a shoe-in for disgraceful displays over the next 6-9 games.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Carbo is not a good coach. That is all

He cannot adjust his team when adversity comes.
But is Gainey really better? Cuz he'd be his successor. A GM as coach for your 100th season, really??

Other options? Ted Nolan. Not gonna happen, but I wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Yeah, what a terrible season last year was...
Wasn't that great either, we lost to the freaking flyers. We had obvious lacks all season long, and apparently we didn't fix them when playoffs came.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:49 PM
BigTimer*

Well I hope you don't expect him to read that article... you know, seeing as Carbo can't read.

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:50 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
Well I hope you don't expect him to read that article... you know, seeing as Carbo can't read.
wha?

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Nobak

Carbo needs to start scratching kids for playoff games, as soon as Thursday!

Nobak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:55 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Carbonneau actually did bench one of our younger players for the whole playoffs and it seemed to motivate him pretty well

... too bad that guy is doing well on the Leafs

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:57 PM
Erika

Fire his aschhhh !! Terrible, Terrible coach. Never liked him, hate him even more now. Doesn't know how to make lines properly, can't motivate his troops, etc. Responsible for the departure of young talents like Perezhogin and Ribeiro IMO.

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:59 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
close this thread

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Originalsix

I for one would welcome Jacques Demers back as coach!

Originalsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
close this thread
Are you kidding me? I want this to be a reminder for every poster that decided to toss away a little hope and blind faith for being bitter and reactionary toward the Canadiens and Guy Carbonneau. Any hab fan who said this team will win the Cup, but now turns around and the blames the misfortunes on Guy Carbonneau clearly never had confidence in Guy in the first place, therefore were just trying to be like everyone else and saying the Habs were gonna win the Cup, when in reality, deep inside, they didn't believe it.

It's during the tough times the true colours show.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:07 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Are you kidding me? I want this to be a reminder for every poster that decided to toss away a little hope and blind faith for being bitter and reactionary toward the Canadiens and Guy Carbonneau. Any hab fan who said this team will win the Cup, but now turns around and the blames the misfortunes on Guy Carbonneau clearly never had confidence in Guy in the first place, therefore were just trying to be like everyone else and saying the Habs were gonna win the Cup, when in reality, deep inside, they didn't believe it.

It's during the tough times the true colours show.
lol ahaha, I was just thinking it's a great way of filtering out which posters to completely ignore and which posters I should read.

Old
11-19-2008, 12:20 AM
kalessin

So you want Carbonneau to act like Julien, who was bashed mercilessly when he was here by the same people who now want Carbo's head on a stake?

kalessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
There are a few things I havent liked about Carbonneau's coaching.

1. Time outs are not called

2. It seems the team is not listening to him as much because he is being too kind?

3. Adaptation to other teams style of game hasnt been evident.

He is still a good coach. Inexperienced for sure, and sometimes seems to be in denial. However, Bob Gainey is a smart and shrewd GM. If Carbo is his man, then I am going to trust him. It may be blind faith, but this blind faith is reality because Gui isnt going anywhere.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:32 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
Carbonneau actually did bench one of our younger players for the whole playoffs and it seemed to motivate him pretty well...
...into making paper airplanes?

Old
11-19-2008, 12:34 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Kessel had something to prove. Bench a guy like kovalev and all he has is pride to lose. It's not the same, it'll send the message, maybe, but guys like kessel fear for their careers when they don't get to show what they got. Guys like Kovalev fear for their pride or paycut when they get benched. I don't have to tell you which is a purer form of motivation.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:35 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
...into making paper airplanes?
I heard they were perfectly symmetrical paper planes. Coach always says pay attention to detail.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:38 AM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Kessel had something to prove. Bench a guy like kovalev and all he has is pride to lose. It's not the same, it'll send the message, maybe, but guys like kessel fear for their careers when they don't get to show what they got. Guys like Kovalev fear for their pride or paycut when they get benched. I don't have to tell you which is a purer form of motivation.
Tony M at team 990 said it best. If your willing to bench Kovy, you better be ready to trade the guy. His is Roy's ego redux.

Old
11-19-2008, 12:38 AM
The Russian General
Força Portugal

That's what we need for some games.

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:46 AM
Kriss E

You can't scratch the whole team. There isn't one player that really deserves to be scratched more than the next.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 07:38 AM
AH

No complaints last year ... Gee I wonder why.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 07:54 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
No complaints last year ... Gee I wonder why.
Yup. In fact, firing Carbonneau shouldn't be enough. Gainey is the man who hired Carbo and who now refuses to fire him. Clearly, the responsibility of this fiasco rests on Gainey's shoulders. He should be fired. Come to think of it, who hired this incompetent GM? Pierre Boivin, that's who. He should be fired too. And who named Boivin president? Yup, the owner, Georges Gillett, who now refuses to recognize his mistakes and fire Boivin. I'm telling you, the whole thing is rotten, rotten to the core.

At least, the players' jobs are safe. They can hardly be held responsible for their performance on the ice, can they? Can they?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Yup. In fact, firing Carbonneau shouldn't be enough. Gainey is the man who hired Carbo and who now refuses to fire him. Clearly, the responsibility of this fiasco rests on Gainey's shoulders. He should be fired. Come to think of it, who hired this incompetent GM? Pierre Boivin, that's who. He should be fired too. And who named Boivin president? Yup, the owner, Georges Gillett, who now refuses to recognize his mistakes and fire Boivin. I'm telling you, the whole thing is rotten, rotten to the core.

At least, the players' jobs are safe. They can hardly be held responsible for their performance on the ice, can they? Can they?
LOL @ saying that 5 defeats is a fiasco

You guys are pathetic

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Tony M at team 990 said it best. If your willing to bench Kovy, you better be ready to trade the guy. His is Roy's ego redux.
ya, if you bench Kovy he's done in Mtl, he won't accept it.

The only people you can bench are the youngish ones and the 4th liners.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote