HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How bad is Lucic gonna get beat by BGL?

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
Komi won't do a rematch, and shouldn't.

There's still 6 more games after that one anyways, right?

I doubt Lucic will have much of a choice but to fight Laraque... At least I hope so.

I mean.. How can you hope to be respected as a fighter when you turn down fights?
Especially after beating a teammate of his.

Anyways, What I really hope is that Laraque won't give him a choice... Hit him to the limit of charging until he blows a fuse (which shouldn't take long at all, considering Lucy's temper...)
Lucic is not really a "fighter" he's more in the Avery/Ott class. He has to play physical and be an agitator and chip in 12-15 goals. He tried to fight a few big guys last year and got his ass handed to him.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Rocket Jr.

Laraque coudn't catch Lucic even if his life depended on it.

Lucic knows more about fighting than we think, it would probably end up a draw and Boston would take momentum out of it.

Let's try to give a 60 minutes effort and get a winning streak going.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:04 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
That's exactly what's gonna happen, they're gonna get a 5 mins. powerplay.
I guarantee you that there is no way Lucic turtles to Laraque. No way.

Laraque would get a 5 for fighting, 2 for instigating, and a 10 minute misconduct but there is no way he gets a 5 and Lucic gets zero. For starters Lucic doesn't want to garner that label at this point in his career, and secondly, it would be a danger to his health if he doesn't try to defend himself.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:04 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Moral victories.....thought it was only for Bruins fans....

Old
11-19-2008, 10:06 AM
rocketlives

If Laraque pummels an unwilling Lucic, he will have to deal with Chara later in the game. They faught before and, although there was no decision, Chara looked stronger in the take down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Cegfj7wJE

Komisarek will play on Saturday and I read somewhere he wouldn't mind having a rematch with Lucic. The Komisarek/Lucic fight still puzzles me. All I saw was Lucic landing a lot of right hooks on Komi's helmet before the latter went down. Apparently Komi felt pain in his right hand and shoulder on the penalty bench after the fight. He was diagnosed later as suffereing from upper body soreness causing him to miss 4 games or 9 days of activities.

From what I saw of Komisarek in that fight and in previous scuffles as well, I would advise him to stick to hitting and playing defense and leave the fist-fighting to others.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:09 AM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
I guarantee you that there is no way Lucic turtles to Laraque. No way.

Laraque would get a 5 for fighting, 2 for instigating, and a 10 minute misconduct but there is no way he gets a 5 and Lucic gets zero. For starters Lucic doesn't want to garner that label at this point in his career, and secondly, it would be a danger to his health if he doesn't try to defend himself.
Julien is smart enough to know what's gonna happen in this game, and Carbs is smart enough not to send BGL for no reason other than people's ego's being hurt.

Old
SP

If Lucic has any sense, he doesn't fight Laraque.

There is no reason for it from a Boston POV.

Old
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
If Laraque pummels an unwilling Lucic, he will have to deal with Chara later in the game.

Laraque will welcome a fight with Chara, in fact he asked him to go last game and Chara declined.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Moral victories.....thought it was only for Bruins fans....
Right now, this board is not full of Hab fans. It's full of Toronto Maple Leaf fans and Boston Bruins fans wearing Montreal Canadiens sweaters.

This thread should be called, "How bad is Boston gonna get beat by Montreal?"

Old
11-19-2008, 10:11 AM
HabsHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Laraque will welcome a fight with Chara, in fact he asked him to go last game and Chara declined.
Cause Chara is more important to the Bruins then Laraque is to us.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:11 AM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Because, again, that would be stupid.

Boston has a Norris candidate in the box for 5 minutes while Montreal is missing out on a 4th liner?

There's a reason stars rarely fight goons.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
If Laraque pummels an unwilling Lucic, he will have to deal with Chara later in the game. They faught before and, although there was no decision, Chara looked stronger in the take down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Cegfj7wJE

Komisarek will play on Saturday and I read somewhere he wouldn't mind having a rematch with Lucic. The Komisarek/Lucic fight still puzzles me. All I saw was Lucic landing a lot of right hooks on Komi's helmet before the latter went down. Apparently Komi felt pain in his right hand and shoulder on the penalty bench after the fight. He was diagnosed later as suffereing from upper body soreness causing him to miss 4 games or 9 days of activities.

From what I saw of Komisarek in that fight and in previous scuffles as well, I would advise him to stick to hitting and playing defense and leave the fist-fighting to others.
Screw that...show some balls and go for round 2. Komi needs help from BGL on his technique, he's big strong and tough but doesn't have the experience of a junior player.

I doubt BGL is scared of Chara, all he does is go for the wrestling takedown, it's obvious Chara wants no part of a toe to toe fight with BGL.

Old
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Right now, this board is not full of Hab fans. It's full of Toronto Maple Leaf fans and Boston Bruins fans wearing Montreal Canadiens sweaters.

This thread should be called, "How bad is Boston gonna get beat by Montreal?"

Old
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Julien is smart enough to know what's gonna happen in this game, and Carbs is smart enough to not to send BGL for no reason other than people's ego's being hurt.
Oh, so when the other team wants to play with an edge that's fine... but heaven forbid we send a message.

We have so many doormats like you in this fanbase, and it explains why we tolerate a doormat as a head coach. And just for the record, Carbo isn't smart enough for anything.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:13 AM
Salem13

Not to start trouble but I love hearing that BGL is taking up a roster spot over a hockey player.

OK maybe that's too harsh ... but to be honest... he's the best fighter but in battle terms he's like matching a destroyer with a bunch of PT boats... your team flies around being sharp and quick and can really do some effective damage but the SS Georges is too big and lumbering to match.

As much as I hated last years games from the other side the style was effectively frustrating to the Bruins.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:15 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Oh, so when the other team wants to play with an edge that's fine... but heaven forbid we send a message.

We have so many doormats like you in this fanbase, and it explains why we tolerate a doormat as a head coach. And just for the record, Carbo isn't smart enough for anything.
We were doing just fine last year without resorting to fighting and intimidation. Carbs sure looked smart enough to take a team projected to miss the playoffs to 1st in the East with skill and smarts.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:16 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
You should cheer this team, sometime. It feels pretty good.

Or, you should just leave when the winning happens again (which it will).

Either or, you know. Piven cheers the Blackhawks...

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post
Not to start trouble but I love hearing that BGL is taking up a roster spot over a hockey player.
Don't worry. The way we're playing right now, he's not taking the spot over anybody....it's not like we had an all-star in the making who's not playing waiting for BGL to sit.....when he does, he's replaced by Bégin and Dandenault....

Old
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post

OK maybe that's too harsh ... but to be honest... he's the best fighter but in battle terms he's like matching a destroyer with a bunch of PT boats... your team flies around being sharp and quick and can really do some effective damage but the SS Georges is too big and lumbering to match.

As much as I hated last years games from the other side the style was effectively frustrating to the Bruins.
Laraque isn't a hockey player, he's a circus sideshow so I agree with what your saying.

I believe, however, that if you're gonna dress a useless goon, you should ensure that he actually plays like a goon rather than his sorry ass brand of "hockey".

Old
11-19-2008, 10:17 AM
Judge Sauer*

Quote:
From what I remember, Komo started with an uppercut.
He handled Hartnell pretty damn well so it's not like Komo is a terrible fighter. I say that he does it when he has to and should get some tips and such from Laraque.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:18 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tooth Grin View Post
Because, again, that would be stupid.

Boston has a Norris candidate in the box for 5 minutes while Montreal is missing out on a 4th liner?

There's a reason stars rarely fight goons.
You are right. But you are taking what i said out of context. The other guy said something to the effect of "if Laraque pummels lucic, then he'll have to deal with Chara later in the game..". The way he was talking, he was making it sound as if Laraque would be afraid of that or something. Well my point was, he's obviously not.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:19 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Well you're then calling Gainey a doormat 'cause he's really actually the one who's tolerating Carbo as a head coach....I fail to see how we can do anything about it...

And then in the firing of a coach, the next question needs to come really quick like...who the heck is gonna replace him? Gainey? Who else?

Old
11-19-2008, 10:20 AM
HabsHockey

Quote:

Your a great habs supporter buddy, bashing other fans and your head coach who won stanley cups with you, good fan you are buddy.

So you want BGL to go after Lucic because he beat Komi in a fight, wouldn't you rather Komi stick up for himself, are you the type of person to have others fight the battles for you?

Old
11-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Mue

Who cares?

The important question is 'Are the Habs going to show up?'

Old
11-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Iwishihadacup

Lucy is gonna run from BGL like a pansy like everytime they played one against the other

Closed Thread