HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How bad is Lucic gonna get beat by BGL?

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2008, 11:21 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Tred very carefully with this thread.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
You are right. But you are taking what i said out of context. The other guy said something to the effect of "if Laraque pummels lucic, then he'll have to deal with Chara later in the game..". The way he was talking, he was making it sound as if Laraque would be afraid of that or something. Well my point was, he's obviously not.
Chara?

I really don't even think he's that much of a fighter... or at least really any good at it?

Old
11-19-2008, 11:22 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
We were doing just fine last year without resorting to fighting and intimidation. Carbs sure looked smart enough to take a team projected to miss the playoffs to 1st in the East with skill and smarts.
Did you watch the playoffs? Carbo got outcoached by Julien, stretching a 5 game series to 7... and in turn getting the piss beaten out of us physically by Lucic and others in a pair of extra games that we didn't need to play.

By the time Philly rolled around, our D was playing like a pack of beaten dogs with their tails between their legs.

The record needs to be set straight with Boston and we need to get them back into their trend of running around looking for blood... because right now they're just gonna trap the **** out of us and win 2-1.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:23 AM
ReVeuF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well you're then calling Gainey a doormat 'cause he's really actually the one who's tolerating Carbo as a head coach....I fail to see how we can do anything about it...

And then in the firing of a coach, the next question needs to come really quick like...who the heck is gonna replace him? Gainey? Who else?
Patrick Roy ? he is not ready yet

Old
11-19-2008, 11:25 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem13 View Post
Chara?

I really don't even think he's that much of a fighter... or at least really any good at it?
Oh yeah he can fight. Laraque vs. Chara would be one hell of a fight if they stay standing and neither goes for the wrestle down.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Oh yeah he can fight. Laraque vs. Chara would be one hell of a fight if they stay standing and neither goes for the wrestle down.
He can... but most of the time he falls down before anything gets going.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:29 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead View Post
Your a great habs supporter buddy, bashing other fans and your head coach who won stanley cups with you, good fan you are buddy.

So you want BGL to go after Lucic because he beat Komi in a fight, wouldn't you rather Komi stick up for himself, are you the type of person to have others fight the battles for you?
It had nothing to do with who won the fight, but rather everything that led up to it.

In fact, many sources cite Lucic running Komisarek all of last year as the main reason why Gainey picked up Laraque.

So if you don't want BGL to go after Lucic, tell me what the point is of having that useless hockey player on the team? Just to fight Shelley, Godard, and Belak? I'm sorry but if that's the case then it was a terrible pickup.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:33 AM
cneely

If the Habs are being drawn into this game they've lost already.
Last year, you dressed your skill players, and skated circles around us, as evidenced by your record. Why change now? If it ain't broke...

Old
11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Last year, you dressed your skill players, and skated circles around us, as evidenced by your record. Why change now? If it ain't broke...
Buddy, when you have to be speaking sense about this team unlike board regulars, I start losing faith in my fellow man.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:35 AM
Rocket Jr.

BGL will be an healthy scratch for the fourth consecutive game

Old
11-19-2008, 11:36 AM
nilan30

I think Lucic could beat Laraque. He's got a lot less to lose in this fight than Georges, unless one of them got hurt. They have two very different styles. Imagine if they did how annoying the Boston clowns would be then.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:37 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
I think Lucic could beat Laraque. He's got a lot less to lose in this fight than Georges, unless one of them got hurt. They have two very different styles. Imagine if they did how annoying the Boston clowns would be then.
Well they would deserve to be annoying especially after somebody here started a thread about how bad we is going to be beat....

Old
11-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Iwishihadacup

this is no Bruins boards!!! why do we start moral victory threads?

Old
11-19-2008, 11:40 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimer View Post
It had nothing to do with who won the fight, but rather everything that led up to it.

In fact, many sources cite Lucic running Komisarek all of last year as the main reason why Gainey picked up Laraque.

So if you don't want BGL to go after Lucic, tell me what the point is of having that useless hockey player on the team? Just to fight Shelley, Godard, and Belak? I'm sorry but if that's the case then it was a terrible pickup.
And these sources are?

Old
11-19-2008, 11:41 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
And these sources are?
McGuire and Pedenault.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:42 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cneely View Post
Not quite. Last year, when it mattered, we lost 3 games to you guys when that number should of been 0. 1 would of been acceptable but 3 is a joke.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:48 AM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:
McGuire and Pedenault.
Your name dropping or can i read this article somewhere.

Look buddy, Komi got beatin' up, maybe that hurt your Habs pride that you lack a bit of since the team is doing pretty good, except for the past couple games but it happens you can't win them all. Maybe your friends are Boston fans and they razzed you so much because you razzed them for 12 straight games. Laraque is here to be a physical presence, not to be sent out because 2 players agreed to fight and ours lost.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:57 AM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Your name dropping or can i read this article somewhere.

Look buddy, Komi got beatin' up, maybe that hurt your Habs pride that you lack a bit of since the team is doing pretty good, except for the past couple games but it happens you can't win them all. Maybe your friends are Boston fans and they razzed you so much because you razzed them for 12 straight games. Laraque is here to be a physical presence, not to be sent out because 2 players agreed to fight and ours lost.
1. No, you should actually watch the games and hear it said. TSN and CBC. edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A4ARFXrOyI watch from 1:04-1:15. And McGuire talked about it during the first Habs-Bruins game.

2. It doesn't stem from the fight. Two weeks before the playoffs last year Lucic ran Komisarek which ruined his hip and rendered him useless for the playoffs. It didn't stop there, it continued for 7 playoff games.

3. Laraque is here to be a physical presence... but he isn't a physical presence unless he's a threat to fight on any shift against anybody.

Old
11-19-2008, 11:58 AM
LesCanadiens

Quote:
Did you watch the playoffs? Carbo got outcoached by Julien, stretching a 5 game series to 7... and in turn getting the piss beaten out of us physically by Lucic and others in a pair of extra games that we didn't need to play.

By the time Philly rolled around, our D was playing like a pack of beaten dogs with their tails between their legs.

The record needs to be set straight with Boston and we need to get them back into their trend of running around looking for blood... because right now they're just gonna trap the **** out of us and win 2-1.
I'll bite. I watched....and blaming any of our performance on Carbos coaching is laughable. Question is, did you watch? We were OUTMUSCLED!! That's why the series went 7. Carbo can't coach balls, character and brawn. Stop blaming the coaches and realize the fact that our team did not step up to compete physically...they did not play playoff hockey...the likes of Pleks, Markov, Kovalev, AK, SK etc. either did not step up to the physical demands of playoff hockey, or took retaliatory penalties because they were getting hit all series long.

Same thing happened with Philly. It's got nothing to do with Carbos coaching. I could only wish Carbo could inject in them 30% of the balls, resilience, discipline and will to win that he, Gainey, Muller and Jarvis had as players.

We need to get another player or 2 that is willing to pay the price, and go through a wall to get to the net!

Old
11-19-2008, 12:05 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesCanadiens View Post
I'll bite. I watched....and blaming any of our performance on Carbos coaching is laughable. Question is, did you watch? We were OUTMUSCLED!! That's why the series went 7. inconsistent....that's another reason. Carbo can't coach balls, character and brawn. Stop blaming the coaches and realize the fact that our team did not step up to compete physically...they did not play playoff hockey...the likes of Pleks, Markov, Kovalev, AK, SK etc. either did not step up to the physical demands of playoff hockey, or took retaliatory penalties because they were getting hit all series long.

Same thing happened with Philly. It's got nothing to do with Carbos coaching. I could only wish Carbo could inject in them 30% of the balls, resilience, discipline and will to win that he, Gainey, Muller and Jarvis had as players.

We need to get another player or 2 that is willing to pay the price, and go through a wall to get to the net!
Not quite. We were fine physically until we let Boston back into the series... at which point we took extra abuse and which wore us down for the Philly series. Komisarek became invisible against Philly... same for Markov. We were physically weakened by the inability to finish off Boston.

Old
11-19-2008, 12:06 PM
HabsHockey*
Keep Keeping On

Quote:
1. No, you should actually watch the games and hear it said. TSN and CBC. edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A4ARFXrOyI watch from 1:04-1:15. And McGuire talked about it during the first Habs-Bruins game.

2. It doesn't stem from the fight. Two weeks before the playoffs last year Lucic ran Komisarek which ruined his hip and rendered him useless for the playoffs. It didn't stop there, it continued for 7 playoff games.

3. Laraque is here to be a physical presence... but he isn't a physical presence unless he's a threat to fight on any shift against anybody.
Basically your just bitter because Komi lost a fight and you need redemption. Also your a fan who loves to hate, pick on Carbo all you want i'm sure Gainey chose him over you for a reason.

Good speculation thread here.

Old
11-19-2008, 12:06 PM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Is this the moral victory thread? ****, I clicked the "moral victory" link on the main board expecting to be taken to the Bruins board and here I am.

Weird.

To the point, Looch isn't looking to get respect as a fighter like someone above mentioned, Komisarek was his one and only fight this year. Last year he fought because he needed to to win a spot on the roster and prove his worth. That's died down a lot now that he's a ful timer.

If Laraque forced his hand, I have no doubt he'll drop em and likely get beat, but it won't be a slaughter like some seem to think. Be a stupid move on Laraques part though after admitting Looch isn't even in his weight class... hopefully the Bruins would take the high road and it wouldn't lead to Thornton or Z taking on some of Montreals middle weights. If Komisarek didn't fair well against Looch, imagine how bad it'd be against Thornton or Chara

Ps. The top part was a joke eh...

Old
11-19-2008, 12:08 PM
BigTimer*

Quote:
Basically your just bitter because Komi lost a fight and you need redemption. Also your a fan who loves to hate, pick on Carbo all you want i'm sure Gainey chose him over you for a reason.

Good speculation thread here.
Yes, so basically after my post should of shut your little mouth up you felt the need to keep taking.

Here's a suggestion, know your role and take your place.

Old
11-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
Alright, so Lucic beat Komisarek. Now he'll most likely have to face Laraque, unless he's a sissy and STILL refuses to fight him (in which case I hope Laraque at least nails him real good in the boards)

Is he gonna get beat to a pulp? Or does he stand any chance against the mighty Laraque?

Discuss.
Is 20 year old Milan a sissy if he waits a year or so to fight 31 year old veteran enforcer BGL like Komi did?

Old
11-19-2008, 12:12 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Laraque will fight Thornton on Saturday. No one else. If he goes after anyone else it's open season the rest of the Habs. Now if Laraque tunes up Thornton, the rest of the B's will fall into line and not be bitter about losing a "skill" player like Lucic. My point is, in the end it doesn't matter who BGL beats as long as he does it in a convincing manner.

Closed Thread