HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Story Behind Your Username

Old
11-17-2008, 09:36 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Monty Python Sketch
"Drop your pants Sir William! I cannot wait till lunchtime!"

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 09:38 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
Weird, when I read this the first time I read:
Yay im not the only retarded one here . I read it the same way....

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 10:28 PM
PhilaFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
I'm actually kind of shocked nobody took that name before 2008.

Good call though.
I actually just got it about two months ago. I changed my name from dangla.

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 10:30 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
"Drop your pants Sir William! I cannot wait till lunchtime!"
If I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 10:37 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
If I told you you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me
"I will not but this tobacconist, it is scratched."

"My nipples explode with delight!!!"

One of my all time favorite Python sketches.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Claude28Giroux
praiseG

Um I wanted Richards to be the captain when i made the account and the rest is history

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 10:39 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-17-2008, 11:24 PM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yay im not the only retarded one here .
There are more of us here than most people would like to believe

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 12:29 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

vCash: 50
Quote:
wow
that was amazing.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 12:42 AM
phlocky

<------ From the name Gene Hart gave to Ron Flockhart when he played for us in the early 80's, "Flocky Hockey". I revised the "F" into a "PH" to better fit with being in "PH"illy. Flockhart was my favorite player on the Flyers at that time and he was probably the best skater in the NHL until his knee injuries (and subsequent surgeries). He was an amazing individual player that NOBODY could stop except for our own coaches. They wanted him to be more of "team player" and play maker so they got him to look to pass instead of just taking the shot. He went for an unstoppable force on the ice to a below average center after our coaches and surgeries were done with him. Anyways, I always loved hearing Gene Hart calling out "Flocky Hockey" during the radio broacasts (back then home and away games were not both televised, I can't remember if we televised home games and had to listen to away games on the radio or if it was the other way around). Mine is more of a tribute to Gene Hart than it is to Ron Flockhart for me. Flocky was great for a few years for us but Hart was a Flyers icon.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:10 AM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
mine's an NFG song (yeah, I'm into pop punk). It's not even a favorite song or anything. I could just never come up with one I liked enough so it was kinda like "point with my eyes closed." If i ever figure anything better out, i'll change it...
Ah, i love early NFG that's a good cd and a good song. Dressed to Kill is such a good song.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 06:29 AM
philly_28
Valar Morghulis

Philly for obvious reasons.

While playing football, I wore #28.

philly_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 09:52 AM
Stonehands77

Stonehands - Nickname I got for my amazing ability to catch a ball. Needless to say, I'm not exactly the world's most athletic person.

77 - Year I was born.

Stonehands77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 01:46 PM
Cotepunchface

cote punches faces and that makes me smile...cotepunchface

Cotepunchface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 04:01 PM
billandsebastian

name is Bill.

one of my favorite bands is Belle and Sebastian.

Bill, Belle, kind of sound the same.

nothing too complicated.

billandsebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 05:55 PM
DutchDennis

I live in The Netherlands, firstname Dennis... there you go...

Could have chosen Dubbel D.. but hey...:-)

DutchDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 07:24 PM
CantSeeColors

I'm colorblind. That fact became a running joke with my friends. For example, beyond the obvious "What color is this and that and that?", it became the default excuse anyone would use when I messed something up, "Oh, it's just because Keith can't see colors," and interestingly, "Shh, don't talk so loud, Keith can't hear you, he's colorblind" somehow caught on. Eventually I took the moniker as my name on various forums, email services, and instant messengers. I'm not really sure who got the last laugh here, but I suppose it's more interesting than using my real name as my gmail account like so many people do.

CantSeeColors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 07:28 PM
Richyrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantSeeColors View Post
I'm colorblind. That fact became a running joke with my friends. For example, beyond the obvious "What color is this and that and that?", it became the default excuse anyone would use when I messed something up, "Oh, it's just because Keith can't see colors," and interestingly, "Shh, don't talk so loud, Keith can't hear you, he's colorblind" somehow caught on. Eventually I took the moniker as my name on various forums, email services, and instant messengers. I'm not really sure who got the last laugh here, but I suppose it's more interesting than using my real name as my gmail account like so many people do.
That... is... AWESOME!

Richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:19 PM
BeamMeUpshall

Send a message via AIM to BeamMeUpshall
my username explains it all

and it WILL happen one day

BeamMeUpshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:41 PM
Pantokrator
Who's the clown?

Pantokrator means Ruler of All. A bit presumptuous, but I can dream.

Pantokrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 11:43 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
I figured that's what yours was. So like what do you do when you like buy clothes and stuff. For all you know you're being told to put on like neon green with burnt sienna. Like is everything black, white, and gray? We had a test in grade school once and with some shades of green I'm color blind, or can't differentiate rather, but I had an anatomy class with someone who is totally colorblind and only sees black, white, and gray.

Mine was a hold over from the old boards, in the game where Eric Lindros came back to Philly for the first time, Kim Johnsson scored the winning goal so I changed it to this. I keep telling myself I'm going to change it soon though, three years, it might be time for something new.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:46 AM
CarlRacki

If you really need to ask, your library of hockey-themed films is sorely lacking.

CarlRacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:00 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I figured that's what yours was. So like what do you do when you like buy clothes and stuff. For all you know you're being told to put on like neon green with burnt sienna. Like is everything black, white, and gray? We had a test in grade school once and with some shades of green I'm color blind, or can't differentiate rather, but I had an anatomy class with someone who is totally colorblind and only sees black, white, and gray.
I'm not as bad as your classmate was. Over the years the jokes got so over the top that this screen name seemed appropriate, but I'm actually only red/green colorblind. Everything else I see the same as everyone else (except purple occasionally throws me for a loop), but most of the time I can't differentiate between red and green unless they're really pronounced, like neon green and the strong red the Phillies wear.

For the longest time I basically just avoided any potential problems when I bought clothes. Being still in school I can get away with always wearing jeans (they go with every color). In the past I always went with neutral colors (black, brown, tan, grey) or blue when I bought stuff just so I wouldn't be confused. More recently I've taken some risks and have tried to go with more colors. I usually just buy something if I like it but ask somebody what color it is before I actually wear it and just match things up by memory in the morning. I still probably get called out for wearing a ridiculous combination every month or so though.

Old
11-19-2008, 12:10 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
I'm not as bad as your classmate was. Over the years the jokes got so over the top that this screen name seemed appropriate, but I'm actually only red/green colorblind. Everything else I see the same as everyone else (except purple occasionally throws me for a loop), but most of the time I can't differentiate between red and green unless they're really pronounced, like neon green and the strong red the Phillies wear.

For the longest time I basically just avoided any potential problems when I bought clothes. Being still in school I can get away with always wearing jeans (they go with every color). In the past I always went with neutral colors (black, brown, tan, grey) or blue when I bought stuff just so I wouldn't be confused. More recently I've taken some risks and have tried to go with more colors. I usually just buy something if I like it but ask somebody what color it is before I actually wear it and just match things up by memory in the morning. I still probably get called out for wearing a ridiculous combination every month or so though.
During an art class in elementary school my best friend had drawn this pretty amazing map of Earth, but he coloured the water purple. I asked him why and he gave me this crazy look like 'what the **** are you talking about?' Turns out he's purple/blue and red/green colour blind.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:15 PM
CantSeeColors

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
During an art class in elementary school my best friend had drawn this pretty amazing map of Earth, but he coloured the water purple. I asked him why and he gave me this crazy look like 'what the **** are you talking about?' Turns out he's purple/blue and red/green colour blind.
Yeah stuff like that will happen to me occasionally. I guess because purple is a red/blue blend sometimes I just don't see the red in it and it looks purple. If anyone ever points it out I just assume they're ****ing with me and it always turns into a five minute conversation where they have to convince me they're telling the truth.