HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NYR/OTT trade proposal

Old
11-18-2008, 01:09 PM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
why would the sens trade chris phillips, their #1 defenseman who is very underrated and a great defensive defenseman who is signed to reasonable contract at about 3.5 million for rozsival and prucha?......

i still think that if murray is looking for defensive help vermette will be the one to go from ottawa just because of the sour taste vermette left in the mouth of their GM by asking for so much money and threatening to look elsewhere for a contract.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I'd love to take Chris Neil off their hands

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 02:46 PM
JerseyRangers

Would the Sens do the following:

Girardi, Anisimov and Cally for Heatley

How about on the Rangers end? Too much? Too little?

If I'm the Sens I would much rather have Girardi over Rozy!

JerseyRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post

No offense but that's brutal. Heatley's one of the best snipers in the game. That right there probably wouldn't even fetch you an injured free agent to be Gaborik

Old
11-18-2008, 03:00 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Spezza, not Heatley, would seem to be the party on the move for Ottawa. He seems to have fallen out of favor. Unfortunatly we are stacked pretty deep at center. That in and of itself is amazing for a franchise that has seemed to be prepetually a center short.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Spezza, not Heatley, would seem to be the party on the move for Ottawa. He seems to have fallen out of favor. Unfortunatly we are stacked pretty deep at center. That in and of itself is amazing for a franchise that has seemed to be prepetually a center short.
I think they lack scoring wings to be honest, they have Spezza, Fisher, and Vermette down the middle. After Heatley and Alfie who else do they have? Winchester? Neil? Ruutu?

Old
11-18-2008, 03:07 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
I think they lack scoring wings to be honest, they have Spezza, Fisher, and Vermette down the middle. After Heatley and Alfie who else do they have? Winchester? Neil? Ruutu?
So you are agreeing with bobbop.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 03:10 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyRangers View Post

Do you realize that Heatley makes over 8 million? Where are we going to get the cap space for him? Girardi makes around 1.5

Anyway, Girardi is still too unproven to fetch a top goal scorer like Heatley. Girardi and Staal/Dubinsky and then they might consider it

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 03:11 PM
DontStepanMe

can we trade Redden back to them? just curious.

like Redden and a 2nd for volchenkov.

completely joking by the way. (not that I wouldn't mind to get rid of Redden, just the fact that they would take him back)

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 03:19 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
So you are agreeing with bobbop.
Disagreeing, Ottawa is fine down the middle but the fact remains Spezza is more likely to be moved.

Old
11-18-2008, 03:19 PM
NYRSchrute217

I'm assuming you're forgetting to add in Sangs/Del Zotto?

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 03:34 PM
McMonster

I would love for Jason Spezza to get here some how

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 06:58 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
I think if anyone the guy they would part with is Spezza.

Very down on Spezza. He's mailing it in, or so they say.
That's the impression I'm getting too and I'd trade for him in a heartbeat. I'm not even in favor of shopping Gomez or Drury but if Spezza is available you pull that trigger. I think it could be a Thornton type situation, underacheiving team, not living up to his contract. The similarity I see in those two players is that they were brought along slowly after being drafted at the top, sheltered from the pressure by their coaches, but ultimately crushed by the fans for not fulfilling playoff expectations. They never learned to be the go-to guy because of the kid-gloves treatment within the organization. If Spezza gets a fresh start I think he absolutely blossums into that Thornton level player.

Gomez for Spezza makes sense, but it has to be the starting point for the Sens. Roszival would address a big need but the salary is too much. We'd have to take a bad salary back from them to help the cap situation.

The only way we trade Prucha is if a team is having trouble reaching the cap floor and they need expensive talent for almost nothing in return.

DutchShamrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:41 PM
Hockeyplayer99

Gomez, a prospect, 6-10 range,Prucha for Spezza, Neil

Rozival , maybe Dawes for Ohlund

Hockeyplayer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:51 PM
Hockey2000nyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
No offense but that's brutal. Heatley's one of the best snipers in the game. That right there probably wouldn't even fetch you an injured free agent to be Gaborik
in my opinion you really are drastically underestimating how girardi is quietly becoming one of the best defenseman for the rangers. hes been consistently good ever since hes come up, he came up and worked on being defensive, and this year hes starting to let his natural skill take over, hes in the top 5 in points by a defenseman, all while still being a stud in his own zone. i believe it was redden who said that girardi reminds him of a young chris pronger. not size wise obviously but how he plays the game. he'll hit you, and then he'll shoot from the point and score. the kid has a rocket from the point and it seems that whenever he does let it go it finds its way to the net, not always in it but on net.

girardi in my opinion is very underrated in this league.

Hockey2000nyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:03 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

These trade proposals are absolutely brutal. I mean if you mentioned this to anyone remotely involved to an NHL team (excluding the Tampa Bay Lightning - they're kind of dumb over there), you'd be laughed at.

The only one who looks like he's on his way out is Vermette, and no ideas or speculation as to where he's going. The Rangers are always involved because they're a top-notch, high market team, and used to be big spenders, so it's painfully obvious (at least in hindsight) to think that they want better players all the time.

Doubt my life we get a Rozsival for Vermette deal straight up. If you talk to Zip, Weinman.. etc.. their thoughts on Rozsival are simply this: he isn't getting traded. And if he does, it's at the trade deadline, and not now when his value is decreasing.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:35 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I'd like Heatley please
Yeah, I'm sure people are thinking of Heatley for Prucha, a second rounder and future considerations.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 03:25 AM
levski87

Vermette is a measly 2g, 2a in the past 18 games... Blair Betts has the same offensive numbers. Whats up with the man love for this guy?... He reminds me a bit of Zherdev. He seemed to have two good seasons but is struggling lately and we want him to help our offensively challenged team?...

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
Vermette is a measly 2g, 2a in the past 18 games... Blair Betts has the same offensive numbers. Whats up with the man love for this guy?... He reminds me a bit of Zherdev. He seemed to have two good seasons but is struggling lately and we want him to help our offensively challenged team?...
Some people are making him out to be some sort of offensive dynamo, but he isn't quite that guy.

He's a very versatile two-way forward who has a lot of speed, good puck control and a pretty accurate wrister. I think he could be a 25/35/60 guy on this team, but more importantly, he fits the system and could benefit from a good coach like Renney. He's a guy like Drury or Gomez who will not only line up on the man-advantage, but the PK as well.

The fact that he plays a complete game is what I like about him, but at this point I'm wondering if we don't already have our own Vermette in the form of Korpikoski. Unfortunately, Vermette seems to be a player that sets his value higher than most people agree with -- meaning we might have trouble retaining him when his contract expires.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The fact that he plays a complete game is what I like about him, but at this point I'm wondering if we don't already have our own Vermette in the form of Korpikoski. Unfortunately, Vermette seems to be a player that sets his value higher than most people agree with -- meaning we might have trouble retaining him when his contract expires.
Very nice, totally agree, we don't need Vermette.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:15 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Some people are making him out to be some sort of offensive dynamo, but he isn't quite that guy.

He's a very versatile two-way forward who has a lot of speed, good puck control and a pretty accurate wrister. I think he could be a 25/35/60 guy on this team, but more importantly, he fits the system and could benefit from a good coach like Renney. He's a guy like Drury or Gomez who will not only line up on the man-advantage, but the PK as well.

Another Matt Cullen

Old
11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey2000nyr View Post
in my opinion you really are drastically underestimating how girardi is quietly becoming one of the best defenseman for the rangers. hes been consistently good ever since hes come up, he came up and worked on being defensive, and this year hes starting to let his natural skill take over, hes in the top 5 in points by a defenseman, all while still being a stud in his own zone. i believe it was redden who said that girardi reminds him of a young chris pronger. not size wise obviously but how he plays the game. he'll hit you, and then he'll shoot from the point and score. the kid has a rocket from the point and it seems that whenever he does let it go it finds its way to the net, not always in it but on net.

girardi in my opinion is very underrated in this league.
Yeah but you are talking about one of the premier left wingers in the game who has scored 41, 50, and 50 goals the last 3 seasons. Girardi is becoming a nice feel good story but in order to get Heatley you need to shed salary too