HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Z. Parise or M. Richards?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2008, 12:24 PM
  #126
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,763
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Bicek View Post
What are people using to garner the leadership of a certain player?

Honest question, because people tend to throw out, "______ is a great leader".. It's not like any of us played with them.. Are you going by what other players say?
It's an intangible you have to see in their actions on the ice, sometimes on the bench, and even sometimes calling certain meetings or talking to certain players about their game.


Leadership is an intangible..You can't see it, and I can't show it to you. Someone just IS a leader.

BrindamoursNose is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 12:27 PM
  #127
Harrison Ford
Registered User
 
Harrison Ford's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 19,973
vCash: 500
Mike Richards is the captain, and for good reason too. He is a leader.

But whoever said Zach Parise is a weiner? jesus christ dude, get over yourself. what a terrible argument.

Harrison Ford is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 12:49 PM
  #128
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE7 View Post


newbies....

The fact is, your rationalization for picking Richards over Zach was because "waaa Zach has done some cheap things to my team in the past". And you were called out (by a fellow Ranger fan) on being an epic homer kiddo.

I said I picked Richards because he has more aspects to his game as in leadership, penalty killing, more physical of a game, that is why I chose Richards

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 12:51 PM
  #129
sattar18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
What that I picked Richards? Go watch last week's game in Newark and watch Parise's cross check when the Devil's scored. Watch the playoff game's where he is always getting away with infractions, slashing the stick out of Lundqvist's hands resulting in a goal. He is a very sneaky player that is all I am saying and I am not taking crap from a Ranger fan with an Oiler as his avatar. And I am not trying to start a pissing match here because I know it will happen. I choose Richards


anyone else find it ironic that this a ranger fan who is whining especially when they had avery last year and im willing to bet you had no problem with his antics.

Fact is parise appoligized to Garadi after the game about the cross check, and that lundqvist incident was a direct result of that assclown avery, you think parise didnt see what avery did to marty?

And finally is he does all these infractions you say, why doesnt he have more penatly mins, refs would everntually catch up on it penalize him but thats obviously not the case.

sattar18 is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 12:53 PM
  #130
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by sattar18 View Post


anyone else find it ironic that this a ranger fan who is whining especially when they had avery last year and im willing to bet you had no problem with his antics.

Fact is parise appoligized to Garadi after the game about the cross check, and that lundqvist incident was a direct result of that assclown avery, you think parise didnt see what avery did to marty?

And finally is he does all these infractions you say, why doesnt he have more penatly mins, refs would everntually catch up on it penalize him but thats obviously not the case.
I'm not whining, you are accusing me of that and I am one of the few who did not like Avery and wanted him gone yeah so don't talk unless you know what you're talking about, again Parise is a sneaky player who when you people say Zach Attack I say yeah by slash hook or cross check

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 12:56 PM
  #131
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford
 
Jiri Bicek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
I know the slashes that you people are talking about and they're usually to the players stick.. Not to the hands or body

They're not two handed whacks or anything (not hard at all for that matter).. Just trying to disrupt the player with the puck

Jiri Bicek is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 12:56 PM
  #132
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
I'm not whining, you are accusing me of that and I am one of the few who did not like Avery and wanted him gone yeah so don't talk unless you know what you're talking about, again Parise is a sneaky player who when you people say Zach Attack I say yeah by slash hook or cross check
hes taken 1 penalty this year, i dont know how he could be THAT sneaky when weve all seen the refs call penalties on things that didnt even happen

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 12:58 PM
  #133
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Bicek View Post
I know the slashes that you people are talking about and they're usually to the players stick.. Not to the hands or body

They're not two handed whacks or anything.. Just trying to disrupt the player with the puck
yea i know exactly what you are saying, its when he smacks down on someones stick to try and force a turnover or whatever, but its not to the hands and it doesnt break the guys stick

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 01:00 PM
  #134
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
yea i know exactly what you are saying, its when he smacks down on someones stick to try and force a turnover or whatever, but its not to the hands and it doesnt break the guys stick
Yeah but you know those slashes are more affective especially with how fragile sticks are nowadays

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 01:01 PM
  #135
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford
 
Jiri Bicek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
yea i know exactly what you are saying, its when he smacks down on someones stick to try and force a turnover or whatever, but its not to the hands and it doesnt break the guys stick
Yeah.. I wouldn't even go as far to call it a smack.. He just gets his stick in the way


Things like this, along with his breathtaking features, are why most Devils fans are giddy about the kid.. He does so many little things and plays every shift like it's his last.. All energy and never ever gives up on a play..

I can't tell you how many times he's scored a goal resulting from following up on a broken up play or 2nd chance

Vintage Parise:


Jiri Bicek is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 01:01 PM
  #136
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!
 
Gunnar Stahl 30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Marty's Better
Country: Iceland
Posts: 14,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Yeah but you know those slashes are more affective especially with how fragile sticks are nowadays
yea so if he was hitting the other guys stick hard it would break, which it doesnt so its legal

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 01:07 PM
  #137
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,841
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I'm not getting into this waste of time argument I'm done just done.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 01:11 PM
  #138
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
I'm not getting into this waste of time argument I'm done just done.
Why, because you're not going to win this?

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 01:16 PM
  #139
CFD
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 
CFD's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 18,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers32185 View Post
Yeah but you know those slashes are more affective
I stopped reading after that word.

CFD is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 01:19 PM
  #140
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford
 
Jiri Bicek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,708
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
Why, because you're not going to win this?
The Jim Dowd quote from our board:


Quote:
After reading an email from a Rangers fan,"Thats okay, that was a Rangers fan from New York, at least hes not like one of those Rangers fans from NJ"

Jiri Bicek is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 02:03 PM
  #141
AC Le Rock
 
AC Le Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 599
vCash: 500
it's funny how you guys are getting so upset i called Parise a weiner. WHO CARES. he's not the leader Richards is and never will be, case closed.

Oh by the way, Parise is a weinerrrrr!!!!

AC Le Rock is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 02:05 PM
  #142
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,907
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Richards is a beast. If he was in the Devils system that team would be ridiculous.

Rise from the Ashes is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 02:07 PM
  #143
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 27,980
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC Le Rock View Post
it's funny how you guys are getting so upset i called Parise a weiner. WHO CARES. he's not the leader Richards is and never will be, case closed.

Oh by the way, Parise is a weinerrrrr!!!!
I can do that too...

Richards is a weinerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

cj225 is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 02:18 PM
  #144
Cotepunchface
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 244
vCash: 500
stop looking at the damn numbers and stroking off of the veterans. all because some one play 9000 games in the nhl doesnt make them a good leader. the guy does whatever is needed to win and then doesnt gloat about it. veteran this veteran that...thats like saying you cant fire the troops up and lead from the front because you arent old enough or havent been around long enough...

Cotepunchface is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 02:35 PM
  #145
adzrne7
 
adzrne7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Richards is a beast. If he was in the Devils system that team would be ridiculous.
yeah they would have even more trouble scoring goals.......

adzrne7 is offline  
Old
11-19-2008, 03:09 PM
  #146
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988
 
Classic Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 33,195
vCash: 500
Awards:
It seems that civil conversation is a difficult thing to maintain. A good thread, but it's time to end this one.

Classic Devil is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.