HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How bad is Lucic gonna get beat by BGL?

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Haddock

vCash: 500
The idea that Komisarek should be dropping the gloves often doesn't work for me. Scott Stevens could handle himself, but he was smarter than that. Guys like Krzysztof Oliwa, Mike Peluso, Randy McKay (earlier years), Lyle Odelein, Jim McKenzie ect. were doing the fist work while Stevens stayed on the ice. If a player on the opposite team, any player, wants to go around hitting everyone and running his mouth, then I want the guy the team hired for three years at one and a half million to take care of him. I want Komisarek on the ice, not in the box.

Old
11-19-2008, 03:09 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcon View Post
Komi should be the one who fights Lucic!!
Absolutely no question about it.
Komi is 6'4" and 240lbs! He should fight his own battles! If not, IMO, he'll lose alot of the respect he has gotten throughout the league. Every team will take liberties with him. He has to get back his pride and send a message to the Bruins as well as the rest of the league that he is still a force to be reckoned with.
It's a no lose situation...if he loses then he loses, nothing changes. But if he wins, it literally could turn the team around and get them back playing the style of hockey we expect..
I, for one, would be embarrassed as a Hab fan if BGL went with Lucic. And if I were Mike Komisarek, I'd be emabarrassed if someone else fought my battles for me.
It's the perfect time for Komi to show his metal.
Quote:
I'd sooner see Komi fight Lucic and lose than BGL fight Lucic and win.
As another poster eluded to, BGL don't fight crazy, he fights like a gentleman. Lucic will not be bothered by that. He's too tough. Also, Lucic will not be expected to win so, in my estimation, it will give the Bruins a bigger lift if he does drops them with BGL regardless of the outcome. And god forbid if Lucic gets lucky and wins (which could very likely happen), then it will be an even bigger boost to the Bruins and their fans.
It would mean a hell of a lot more if Komi exacted his own revenge on Lucic.
Can you imagine the noise in the Bell Centre if Komi takes down Lucic?
It's things like this that change the tide of a season, let alone a single game!
You Sir, are Old-School. If you are ever in Boston drop me a PM and I will buy you a beer.

Old
11-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Kalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
To answer the bolded, sure. I could also imagine the lack of noise if (when) Komisarek lost against Lucic on home ice.

There's too much of a discrepancy in fighting talent between the two. Talk all you want about which one is stronger or tougher in a hockey setting, but when the gloves are off my money's on Lucic 9 times out of 10, and the last thing the team would need is to take the crowd out of the game. Especially considering how Montreal's low confidence is contrasted by the fact that the Bruins are soaring right now.

As for the original question, I don't think Lucic would do too bad against Laraque, but if they do drop them, it should get the crowd going no matter what the outcome (if Lucic gets the decision, I doubt it would be lopsided enough to sap the energy from the crowd/team). The only issue is getting Lucic to accept the challenge, something I suspect may not happen.
This is exactly why Komi should fight Lucic!! The Habs confidense and intensity levels have been diminished over the last 5-6 games so they need something like this to snap them out of their funk. They can't get any worse!
Komisarek is considered a leader. He has to be the guy who strikes fear into the other team's players. And it's very hard to do that if you don't fight your own battles. He has to answer the bell and show the everyone that he has some pride. Komi should have a lot more motivation to win than Lucic. I'm sure Komi also knows that the fight would not have been as bad had he not injured himself.
If I were Komisarek, I'd definitly be looking for a chance to redeem myself.
And what better stage that Saturday night at the Bell Centre with 21000 faithful cheering you on! Win or lose it will send a message!

Old
11-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Kalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
You Sir, are Old-School. If you are ever in Boston drop me a PM and I will buy you a beer.
It must be the irish blood!

I love Boston but I hate the Bruins!

Old
11-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP is just stroking himself at the idea of Moral Victory... sad that this thread is in the Canadiens board, a new low.

Such unnecessary quibble.

Old
11-19-2008, 03:26 PM
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
If Laraque pummels an unwilling Lucic, he will have to deal with Chara later in the game. They faught before and, although there was no decision, Chara looked stronger in the take down:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Cegfj7wJE

Komisarek will play on Saturday and I read somewhere he wouldn't mind having a rematch with Lucic. The Komisarek/Lucic fight still puzzles me. All I saw was Lucic landing a lot of right hooks on Komi's helmet before the latter went down. Apparently Komi felt pain in his right hand and shoulder on the penalty bench after the fight. He was diagnosed later as suffereing from upper body soreness causing him to miss 4 games or 9 days of activities.

From what I saw of Komisarek in that fight and in previous scuffles as well, I would advise him to stick to hitting and playing defense and leave the fist-fighting to others.
BODYSLAM! little bit of homerism there, no?

and for the guy who said Laraque would get beat up, the guy is stronger than Boogard (from Derek's own mouth) so what are you smoking?

Old
11-19-2008, 03:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
This is exactly why Komi should fight Lucic!! The Habs confidense and intensity levels have been diminished over the last 5-6 games so they need something like this to snap them out of their funk. They can't get any worse!
Komisarek is considered a leader. He has to be the guy who strikes fear into the other team's players. And it's very hard to do that if you don't fight your own battles. He has to answer the bell and show the everyone that he has some pride. Komi should have a lot more motivation to win than Lucic. I'm sure Komi also knows that the fight would not have been as bad had he not injured himself.
And what better stage that Saturday night at the Bell Centre with 21000 faithful cheering you on! Win or lose it will send a message!
HE'S NOT A FIGHTER!!!!! Why wouldn't you be able to be big, hit hard, but don't necessarily fight? Can people understand that fighting is an art that not everybody can possess? And every Bruins fans who worship fights should also respect the fighters and acknowledge that it's not everybody who can do it. Does Jay Bouwmeester fight a lot? BUT HE'S BIG, HE SHOULD FIGHT!!!! How was Kjell Samuellsson fighting in the days, the guy was freakin 6'6'', he can surely fight!!!!

Does that mean that if I send Bouillon to every 5'8'' of the league, those 5'8'' should fight Bouillon as well 'cause they're the same height?

When will people realize that the height has not everything to do with how great a fighter you are...was Domi that tall and big? Is Colton Orr a giant?

You're asking what will happen to Komi's reputation is BGL fights for him? So what will happen to his reputation if Komi keeps fighting and loses them all...don't you think he'll also be the laugh of the league. "So Komi you're playing real tough when you have a stick in your hands but you just can't handle going further...." Komi is a tough player who MOST of the time hits hard and is fair in his hits. Since when being hit automatically means that you need to drop it? Players in the NHL can't take a legal hit without wanting to fight anymore? Take the hit like a man and if you didn't like it, well it's your turn to send him flying next time you have the chance. There's other things you could do to a guy that might not necessarily want to fight you know....

Hearing things like this make me think that if the NHL abolish the fighting, we'll lose a lot of fans who call themselves fans of the sports but in reality loves their fighting with a little hockey in between......

Old
11-19-2008, 03:43 PM
znk

Great thread. Just like pissing upwind.

Old
11-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Bruin4Life

lucic fighting laraque is like kosto fighting boogard.it wont happen because atm most of the sports world would see this as a middle weight to a heavyweight fight. but first before i get flammed for saying that let me try and hopefully pursue some people.

Height
BGL-6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)
Lucic- 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)

Lucic has an inch over laraque. not a big deal but hey still counts towards a bit of an advantage to lucic.

Weight
BGL-253 lb
Lucic-220 lb

Laraque has a whooping 33 pound difference. advantage to laraque.

now lucic still being an infant at the age of 20 in the world of hockey and laraque being the age of 31 and pretty old. you can see the age difference of 11 years.

For example would you like to see a 29 year old beating up a 18 year old or would you concider this wrong?

Now Laraque has been playing since the 1997-1998 season and has registered 133 fights while playing 643 games. So every 4.83 games you get a fight out of laraque and you can say that 90% of the time its a clear winner that laraque comes out the champ.

Lucic Started playing in the previous year and has registered 14 fights in 95 games. So every 6.79 games bruins fans get to see him in a fight with a clear winner bring lucic.

Im trying to be as unbias as possible but it would seem to me that it would be a disadvantage. Would like it if kostopoulos went and fought say.. Ference or Stuart then thorton stepped in and said fight me this isnt the ahl? its not like Komisarek has never been in a fight before. He has been in just as much fights as lucic has been in but has been alot more seasons.

My final thought too push on you is that we all know that laraque is a clear winner because to the world of nhl and not the canadians laraque is a heaveyweight while lucic is a middleweight. Fights should not be fueled on a friendly or neutral feeling toward another but instead hatred.Have you ever heard of someone punching someone in the face and said you deserve that because i love you?

That fight has been brewing since last year. lets leave it at that. if lucic fights laraque then laraque kills lucic and lucic has his pride but will leave on a stretcher if they dont fight lucic seems like a puss, he gets made fun of but then gets to play 5 minutes of hockey! I would love to see this fight happen so canadians and bruins can go back to being friends

Last edited by Bruin4Life: 11-19-2008 at 04:09 PM.
Old
11-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Bruin4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
HE'S NOT A FIGHTER!!!!! Why wouldn't you be able to be big, hit hard, but don't necessarily fight? Can people understand that fighting is an art that not everybody can possess? And every Bruins fans who worship fights should also respect the fighters and acknowledge that it's not everybody who can do it. Does Jay Bouwmeester fight a lot? BUT HE'S BIG, HE SHOULD FIGHT!!!! How was Kjell Samuellsson fighting in the days, the guy was freakin 6'6'', he can surely fight!!!!

Does that mean that if I send Bouillon to every 5'8'' of the league, those 5'8'' should fight Bouillon as well 'cause they're the same height?

When will people realize that the height has not everything to do with how great a fighter you are...was Domi that tall and big? Is Colton Orr a giant?

You're asking what will happen to Komi's reputation is BGL fights for him? So what will happen to his reputation if Komi keeps fighting and loses them all...don't you think he'll also be the laugh of the league. "So Komi you're playing real tough when you have a stick in your hands but you just can't handle going further...." Komi is a tough player who MOST of the time hits hard and is fair in his hits. Since when being hit automatically means that you need to drop it? Players in the NHL can't take a legal hit without wanting to fight anymore? Take the hit like a man and if you didn't like it, well it's your turn to send him flying next time you have the chance. There's other things you could do to a guy that might not necessarily want to fight you know....

Hearing things like this make me think that if the NHL abolish the fighting, we'll lose a lot of fans who call themselves fans of the sports but in reality loves their fighting with a little hockey in between......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJJPivHWy2k
4 inch difference but you also have classes to go with that

Old
11-19-2008, 04:17 PM
TCIH

Quote:
I'm not sure that I agree with the bolded.

If Komisarek wants to fight against Lucic, he'll need all the help he can get. Just coming off of a shoulder injury isn't going to help. I'd like to see him work on his fighting over the season/off-season, so that he'll be better off on the rare occasion that he does fight (and he should only do it sparingly).

I can think of one teammate that could maybe show Komo a thing or two. And if the pointers from Brisebois aren't enough, he can turn to Laraque instead.

Old
11-19-2008, 05:10 PM
rocketlives

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCityIsHockey View Post
I'm not sure that I agree with the bolded.

If Komisarek wants to fight against Lucic, he'll need all the help he can get. Just coming off of a shoulder injury isn't going to help. I'd like to see him work on his fighting over the season/off-season, so that he'll be better off on the rare occasion that he does fight (and he should only do it sparingly).

I can think of one teammate that could maybe show Komo a thing or two. And if the pointers from Brisebois aren't enough, he can turn to Laraque instead.
Hockey fights are like street fights. You don't learn that by taking lessons. It's not like learning dancing at Arthur Murray. Komi is a well educated Ivy Leager who rarely fought because it wasn't well regarded in his league. On the other hand, fighting for Lucic in the WHL was a habit. For him it was like brushing his teeth in the morning. Of course, this will make you a much better fighter.

Old
11-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Kalcon

Quote:

It's not a atter of whether he's a fighter or not, it's a matter of pride. If he doesn't fight Lucic again then Lucic has shown that Komi is what most Bruin fans have thought all along...that Komi can talk the talk but can't walk the walk.
There's an unwritten code...or at least there was...if you're big, hit hard and play a rough, in-your-face style of game then you will have to answer the bell at certain times. There's no better time for Komi to do that. If he doesn't then Lucic and the Bruins get the last laugh...and sometimes that ends up being a lot harder to swallow that losing a fight!
Time for Komi to man up. These are the Bruins for god sake! Fights are expected!
Set the tone instead waiting for the tone to be set. Be the leader that is expected of him. If he doesn't do that then, I for one, will lose a lot of the respect I have for him.

Old
11-19-2008, 07:16 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Hockey fights are like street fights. You don't learn that by taking lessons. It's not like learning dancing at Arthur Murray. Komi is a well educated Ivy Leager who rarely fought because it wasn't well regarded in his league. On the other hand, fighting for Lucic in the WHL was a habit. For him it was like brushing his teeth in the morning. Of course, this will make you a much better fighter.
Komisarek went to state college at Michigan, not really close to the Ivy's but yes he didn't fight too much if at all. I saw him a few times at Michigan, he was a man among boys, could easily push players around but I don't recall any fights. Higgins, O'Byrne, Danis, Wyman, Stejskal are the ivy league guys.

Old
11-19-2008, 08:04 PM
smon

Maybe they should concentrate on beating the Bruins on the scoresheet. Just a little more important.

Old
11-19-2008, 10:09 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
It should be a great game boys. I'm really looking forward to it. Regardless if Lucic decides to drop them with Laraque is yet to be seen, but this rivalry has me very excited for the first time in ages. BTW, I thought Komisarek was injured? Is he gonna be back for the game on Saturday?

Regardless, it's gonna be a battle boys. Enjoy!

Old
11-19-2008, 10:56 PM
xeric716x
Born To Expire

i doubt they fight

Old
11-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Megaforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by x eric x View Post
i doubt they fight
I, for one, really appreciate the effort you put into writing such enlightening posts eric.

Laraque has been riding some steady NHL pine. This will have an impact on his psyche. If you think he won't try to make an impression when that gate opens and he's summoned to finally get those blades of steel on the icy water, you're entirely wrong.

Old
11-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
that Komi can talk the talk but can't walk the walk.
There's an unwritten code...or at least there was...if you're big, hit hard and play a rough, in-your-face style of game then you will have to answer the bell at certain times. Time for Komi to man up. These are the Bruins for god sake! Fights are expected! Set the tone instead waiting for the tone to be set. Be the leader that is expected of him. If he doesn't do that then, I for one, will lose a lot of the respect I have for him.
But he is walking the walk. He hits and accept being hit. He talks but he's being talked back. He slashes, and he's being slashed. Most of the time he's going to respond failry to any hits he'll be having against him. And like some have said, how many times have you seen Scott Stevens fight? As far as "manning" up, I think that with the numerous shot blocked, with the numerous hits he's taking from Lucic and other tough guys in the league, don't worry. He's already twice the man me and you put together will ever dream to be....As far as the Bruins and fights are expected....don't worry....they're just started to realize that they actually could play good hockey and win.....fights will take a backseat at one point....

As far as being the leader, again, if fights are abolish, and if it's your only way to see who's a leader and who's not, how will we know? Is Koivu a leader? He's showing it his way. But Komi is not a leader 'cause he doesn't fight? Putting his body in front of pucks, being tough, and doing his job for me is enough to call him a leader. If he wants to fight, well fine, take the men that non-fighters take. Is Aaron Ward tough? I would think so.....but would he fight a guy like Lucic? Those guys should take big guys that are not necessarily known for their fighting 'cause they are not as well. So sure, he'll answer the call.....but I hope he'll be wise enough to answer the right call....Lucic wants to play a bully role....how about knocking him cold. He's not exactly the perfect example of a guy who has always his head up.....O'Byrne should man up and start hitting for a change....and knocking Lucic on his ass (with a legal check) would be manning up....

And then if fighting is only what will make keeping your respect for Komi....well you don't appreciate what a real hockey player is....or you're looking it at a Bruins perspective when the only thing they were winning were fights.....now that they're winning games and they're establishing themselves as one of the best teams in the league, you'll see how fast they'll sing other tunes....You'll see how winning fights won't be good enough now that they know that they can actually go real far this year....

Last edited by Whitesnake: 11-20-2008 at 09:10 AM.
Old
11-20-2008, 09:03 AM
sarge88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaforce View Post
I, for one, really appreciate the effort you put into writing such enlightening posts eric.

Laraque has been riding some steady NHL pine. This will have an impact on his psyche. If you think he won't try to make an impression when that gate opens and he's summoned to finally get those blades of steel on the icy water, you're entirely wrong.
I think it is pretty clear that Laraque will try to get Milan to go. He (BGL) really has nothing to lose and it is kind of his job. Rewind to last April. Lucic was doing his best to get Komi to drop them with him -- again because he had nothing to lose and it was his job. (also to try to reign in Komi given some of the liberties he was taking at the time)

What happened then? Komi refused to fight and Hab fans supported him because (to paraphrase what most on this board were saying) "Why would a top pairing defenseman spend 5 in the box over a 4th liner?"

But now, Lucic is supposed to fight the toughest guy in the league because he recently beat up one of the biggest guys in the league?

Doesn't the same standard hold since Lucic is now clearly a top 6 forward on the B's and Laraque is a 5 minute per game 4th liner/occasional healthy scratch?

What does Lucic have to gain by fighting Laraque? Especially in Montreal?

Now, I would love to see them go just for the entertainment value. But one thing that holds true that a previous poster alluded to is that Lucic has absolutely nothing to lose by going with the big guy. If he loses, that was expected. If he wins, he beat the reigning heavyweight champ. If they draw - even the reigning heavyweight champ didn't beat him.

Lastly, as I know it will come up again. The reason everyone wanted Komisarek to fight Lucic was to answer for the cheap hits he threw all last year (low bridge on Milan, primarily) as well as all the yapping he does coupled with pushing around anyone who weighs 60 lbs. less than him.

Lucic, isn't a dirty player and he only seems to mouth off toward Komi, so aside from pounding away on a guy who deserved it what had Lucic done that he needs to answer for?

Old
11-20-2008, 09:05 AM
Newhabfan

Wait a second ... are we all watching Hockey or Wrestling?

The fact that many posters would prefer seeing a GL kicking Lucic's a... instead of a Habs win is really dissapointing. I came to these forums trying to avoid the intelectual level of RDS talkbacks. I stand confuzzled.

Old
11-20-2008, 09:17 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
What happened then? Komi refused to fight and Hab fans supported him because (to paraphrase what most on this board were saying) "Why would a top pairing defenseman spend 5 in the box over a 4th liner?"

But now, Lucic is supposed to fight the toughest guy in the league because he recently beat up one of the biggest guys in the league?

Doesn't the same standard hold since Lucic is now clearly a top 6 forward on the B's and Laraque is a 5 minute per game 4th liner/occasional healthy scratch?

Lastly, as I know it will come up again. The reason everyone wanted Komisarek to fight Lucic was to answer for the cheap hits he threw all last year (low bridge on Milan, primarily) as well as all the yapping he does coupled with pushing around anyone who weighs 60 lbs. less than him.

Lucic, isn't a dirty player and he only seems to mouth off toward Komi, so aside from pounding away on a guy who deserved it what had Lucic done that he needs to answer for?
Again, you can't be serious. Are you actually saying that we're singing different tunes but you guys weren't? Didn't you refute last the fact that we were saying that Komi shouldn't go with Lucic but now finds that Lucic shouldn't go with BGL? It does work both ways....but it also does work for both teams. Your board kept saying that Komi SHOULD have gone with Lucic. And now you're using the TONS of cheap shots Komi did to Lucic (while really being able to name one) for Komi to answer the call. And have the nerve to even say that the yapping and pushing around is enough to provoke a fight? Based on that, shouldn't there be 80 fights per game???? As far as the "only seems to mouth off towards Komi"....come on.....I know that this addressed to guys who actually don't see a lot of Bruins game other than when we play them, but there are actually guys who see a lot of other games even when we don't play....and Lucic is not that quiet....

As far as pounding a guy who deserved it, what did Lucic did? Well some could say he took a guy not known for his fighting and mocked him in the end of the bout. That would certainly be enough for most of your fans in your board, it could be enough for some in ours....

Old
11-20-2008, 10:10 AM
Riverboat Gambler

It's a little too early for a re-match. Personally, I think Komisarek will want another chance but he can't risk pro-longing injury and missing games by agrivating any current injuries. Now he can concentrate on playing his game effectively and intimidating Bruins players. Maybe draw a penalty or two.

Laraque should get a few shifts versus Lucic and if he does he should have some words for him. This might set up a super-heavy bout with Captain Chara sticking up for the kid.

Great theatre for our game though. I hope the Habs can find some momentum tonight and sustain that so they'll have some energy heading into Saturday night (I just hope the Roy love fest doesn't derail them with boredom).

Old
11-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Wait a second ... are we all watching Hockey or Wrestling?

The fact that many posters would prefer seeing a GL kicking Lucic's a... instead of a Habs win is really dissapointing. I came to these forums trying to avoid the intelectual level of RDS talkbacks. I stand confuzzled.
It is kind of depressing, but you'll get used to it and eventually you won't care much.

Old
11-20-2008, 11:00 AM
Kalcon

Quote:
But he is walking the walk. He hits and accept being hit. He talks but he's being talked back. He slashes, and he's being slashed. Most of the time he's going to respond failry to any hits he'll be having against him. And like some have said, how many times have you seen Scott Stevens fight? As far as "manning" up, I think that with the numerous shot blocked, with the numerous hits he's taking from Lucic and other tough guys in the league, don't worry. He's already twice the man me and you put together will ever dream to be....As far as the Bruins and fights are expected....don't worry....they're just started to realize that they actually could play good hockey and win.....fights will take a backseat at one point....

As far as being the leader, again, if fights are abolish, and if it's your only way to see who's a leader and who's not, how will we know? Is Koivu a leader? He's showing it his way. But Komi is not a leader 'cause he doesn't fight? Putting his body in front of pucks, being tough, and doing his job for me is enough to call him a leader. If he wants to fight, well fine, take the men that non-fighters take. Is Aaron Ward tough? I would think so.....but would he fight a guy like Lucic? Those guys should take big guys that are not necessarily known for their fighting 'cause they are not as well. So sure, he'll answer the call.....but I hope he'll be wise enough to answer the right call....Lucic wants to play a bully role....how about knocking him cold. He's not exactly the perfect example of a guy who has always his head up.....O'Byrne should man up and start hitting for a change....and knocking Lucic on his ass (with a legal check) would be manning up....

And then if fighting is only what will make keeping your respect for Komi....well you don't appreciate what a real hockey player is....or you're looking it at a Bruins perspective when the only thing they were winning were fights.....now that they're winning games and they're establishing themselves as one of the best teams in the league, you'll see how fast they'll sing other tunes....You'll see how winning fights won't be good enough now that they know that they can actually go real far this year....
I'm not saying that Komi has to be a fighter to earn my respect but for christ sake Lucic kicked his a$$ the last time they played! Why would a man as big and tough as Komi want BGL to fight for him? Komi has to get his dignity back and he's the only guy who can do it, not BGL.
I know damn well that Komi is much more valuable to this team that Lucic is to the Bruins but these guys have a pretty intense rivalry going and I'm sure it doesn't sit well with Komisarek that Lucic is one up on him.
All I'm saying is that if someone is going to fight with Lucic for the simple reason of revenge, then Komi is the only logical choice.
Don't you think that being the competitor Komi is that he'd relish the opportunity to go with Lucic again? Redemption is sweet.
If Carbo orders him not to fight then that's a different story but I think he'd be doing Komi a big injustice.
Hey man, this is professional hockey. Fighting is still a part of the game. (and judging by the number of fights this year, it's becomming more a part of the game!).
Fighting may not win you a game but it may very well be the catylist!!

Closed Thread